PDA

View Full Version : official "dirty dozen" discussion thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

vinny5oh
07-01-2006, 04:38 PM
Here ya go.....

There has been much heated discussion surrounding the "dirty dozen" list. I have created this thread to handle discussion of the list and keep the other DD thread strictly for posting times regarding the list. There have been some valid points discussed and I believe enough comments were made to warrant a thread devoted to handling all issues surrounding members, cars and rules. this is now the official home for those comments.

Also, you can expect things to shake out at the end of this season to level the street-car vs race-car issue. We're going to pick a test and tune day at the end of the season, have all potential dozen members meet at a set location and DRIVE to the track and make passes. This will weed out the 5 gallon fuel cell race cars, prove their street credibility as well as keep the list local. If you can't make a test and tune session around here then you aren't local. We may recquire that all dozen list members attend the fall cruise-in as well to once again prove their street creds as well as their involvement with this site. We don't need one-post-wonders claiming to be a SBZ member, making the cut and leaving somebody off the list with more of a street car and more time on this site.

So with that, I'll start the first round. :D
"His car isn't really a street car" is something I hear a lot. Problem is, everybody's opinion on what a true street car is will be different. As the rules sit right now, a street car is defined as having license, tags and insurance. I made it this way only to parallel the NMRA Wild Street definition. This is probably the toughest one to call so making these cars come out on the street to stay on the list will make things more fair in my opinion. This can be accomplished by requiring the cars to drive to the track at least once and/or showing up at our big cruise-ins.

As of right now the list is pretty dang tight! From 2nd to 12th place, we're talking about 1.05 second difference! That is what makes it interesting (to me) to watch. Who's going to inch up the list? Who can manage to keep on the list? There are still a handful of cars in the shadows that could shake this thing up. People are getting their tunes and suspensions dialed in and it could be anybody's game come the end of the season!

Remember kids, this is for fun, bragging rights and a decal....nothing more. No big money prizes, no sponsorship deals, no trophies....just some good ole boys bringing out their cars and putting a beating on 1320 feet of tarmac!

Thanks for reading, hope to see you all out real soon. Even more so, I hope to be out rolling with you all real soon. :bigthumb

Metcalf Racing
07-01-2006, 06:21 PM
You beat me to it. I was just telling No shot that this was the solution

Metcalf Racing
07-01-2006, 06:25 PM
Now that there is a thread for the argument I thought I'd go ahead and let everyone know that 89 notch broke his last pass and his run is void.LOL.....
I figure its only fair

347sc
07-01-2006, 07:00 PM
What did he break? A leaking front pump seal in the tranny doesnt mean it can be driven.

vinny5oh
07-02-2006, 12:20 AM
I have been asked about that as well...."I broke 'X'. Does that mean I'm off the list?"

My definition of broke is - if you can't get in the car and drive it down the street then it's broke. There are things that may not be working properly on a car but will not be enough to keep the car from being driven.

Metcalf Racing
07-02-2006, 10:35 AM
It might drive a littlle bit but with all the fluids its leaking it won't get far.

347sc
07-02-2006, 01:48 PM
It might drive a littlle bit but with all the fluids its leaking it won't get far.

Perfect time to call him out.lol

Metcalf Racing
07-02-2006, 03:08 PM
Perfect time to call him out.lolAll in due time:flipoff: I just hope its in the next two weeks because you guys speend 2 years building a car then 4weeks of racing then your back down for 2 more years

barkey
07-02-2006, 04:10 PM
Congratulations Phil that is one bad ass street car I thought I saw your car at krogers the other day.

P.Hinesracing
07-02-2006, 04:16 PM
Congratulations Phil that is one bad ass street car I thought I saw your car at krogers the other day.

No, I didn't drive it to Kroger but i have drove it to Big Bear in lebanon and believe it or not, i have drove it to one of the stangbanger cruise ins. If you guys really dont want this car to be on the list, pick one of my other two. People around here know me and know i'm not afraid to drive any of them on the street!

barkey
07-02-2006, 04:17 PM
I think you should be on the list i'm not complaining I know you drive it on the street i was congratulating you.

P.Hinesracing
07-02-2006, 04:25 PM
Thanks, I never really knew much about the site before, but i was up in middletown lastnight and was talking to Craig Metcalf, Peanut,Big Rob, Kelly Kirk and Mark Riley and they convinced me to get on here and check it out and become a member. Not real sure how much time i'll have to get on here but i'll keep everything updated, Thanks again!

93hulk
07-02-2006, 06:21 PM
Good to see you made it on here Phil.:bigthumb

347sc
07-02-2006, 06:49 PM
All in due time:flipoff: I just hope its in the next two weeks because you guys speend 2 years building a car then 4weeks of racing then your back down for 2 more years

Two years?

Because of you it looks like Ill be busy this week installing parts.

Metcalf Racing
07-02-2006, 08:40 PM
Two years?

Because of you it looks like Ill be busy this week installing parts.lol it's good for ya

Maximus
07-03-2006, 12:29 AM
No, I didn't drive it to Kroger but i have drove it to Big Bear in lebanon and believe it or not, i have drove it to one of the stangbanger cruise ins. If you guys really dont want this car to be on the list, pick one of my other two. People around here know me and know i'm not afraid to drive any of them on the street!

Cool. So you wont be afraid drive that "street car" down to store and then follow me to E2O and Bust em off? We can do it on a Saturday. That way the track will be prepped a bit better for ya so there will be no excuses.
Id call Old Betsy out, but I saw her the other day:eek: She'll be better when shes done, but right now, ouch:(

Maximus
07-03-2006, 12:46 AM
Now that there is a thread for the argument I thought I'd go ahead and let everyone know that 89 notch broke his last pass and his run is void.LOL.....
I figure its only fair

Its only fair.....You sure as hell like to WHINE dont you? BOHOO my Stang cant make it on the list so Ill try and stir up shit on the list.
Here lets make this easy....Why dont you either STEP up or Shut the Fuck up? Your constant Bitching and nick picking is getting old. You bitch more than anyone Ive seen on here, yet you have NOTHING (Let me say that again...NOTHING) on the list. (Neither do I by the way)
So take one of those 74 Stangs, build it, make it street legal, and put up a number. I know its easier for you to say, "Oh I COULD make the list anytime I want" But you know what, I DONT Think you can.
Ive known you for a "few" years now and you know me. You know I dont start shit nor talk shit. But Craig, The CRAP you are trying to pull in here is total BULLSHIT. It is really getting old. Either you have a FAST street car or you dont. That is what the Dozen is suppose to be.

YouGotJunk
07-03-2006, 01:38 AM
I just think it would be nice if you for once would quit posting big long posts starting shit everytime you get drunk or in a bad mood...everyone around here is friends and 89notch could careless if anyone messes with him....hell he's the one that started all the shit about my car..he's a big boy let him stand up for himself..we talked to him several times at the track and we all get along really well....oh but wait your always trying to make someone look like the bad guy i forgot..hell we dont know how to take some of the shit ya say on here seriously or not...everytime we come down to the store we always get along and joke and bullshit and then the next time we mess with someone on here your jumping our shit..go drink ya another one

Maximus
07-03-2006, 08:37 AM
Quite sober there big guy:booty:

mustangboy
07-03-2006, 08:55 AM
I agree w/ Mr Newport on this one. You guys are junking up every thread w/ shit talk. Vinny and the other mods got so sick of it they actually created your very own place to "pick" on each other, its called the whippin room. You always say it is in good fun and you are just joking around but most people dont know you guys and don't take it that way. So I say if you wanna keep talking shit take it to where it is suppose to be.

Black Horse
07-03-2006, 09:09 AM
I thought this thread was supposed to be a DISCUSSION of the DD - not call-outs, personal attacks and bullshit normally reserved for the Whipping room. You have ideas or issues with the Dirty Dozen list, procedures, scheduled events, bring them up here - if you don't, take the shit talk to the Whipping room - or the Mods will be glad to do it for you.

Metcalf Racing
07-03-2006, 09:11 AM
Sorry I can't hardly read what is being written, my computer screen is filling full of your tears.

In case you haven't noticed the dozens cut off has dropped a bunch. I'm going to try my best to make that list. My post was a joke that everyone should have expected. So booohooo and suck my nuts.
P.S.... Buzzz offff Paul

Metcalf Racing
07-03-2006, 09:12 AM
Maximus is a mod

mustangboy
07-03-2006, 09:33 AM
Where did Paul post anything?

Metcalf Racing
07-03-2006, 09:36 AM
Where did Paul post anything?He deleted something in my post the he probably had good reason for doing. But he's chasing my around the board screwing with me and I'm getting sick of it

vinny5oh
07-03-2006, 11:52 AM
Thanks, I never really knew much about the site before, but i was up in middletown lastnight and was talking to Craig Metcalf, Peanut,Big Rob, Kelly Kirk and Mark Riley and they convinced me to get on here and check it out and become a member....There's your first mistake. :rolleyes:
It would be nice if there were more to do in Middletown than sit around in a parking lot and figure out new ways to mess with people on StangBangerz.

"OOH! I know, hey Phil join up on StangBangerz and tell them you drive your Outlaw car on the street so you should be on the dirty dozen list!"
"Yeah-yeah, that's it. That'll get 'em going!"

Honestly, that car is the furthest thing from the intent of the dozen as it gets. Now if you can get that roofing truck to run an 11.20 or better, we may have something. :lol:

It's all for fun right? :D

vinny5oh
07-03-2006, 11:54 AM
He deleted something in my post the he probably had good reason for doing. But he's chasing my around the board screwing with me and I'm getting sick of it
But you have your own board now. Use it. :tongue2:

YouGotJunk
07-03-2006, 12:05 PM
I thought this thread was supposed to be a DISCUSSION of the DD - not call-outs, personal attacks and bullshit normally reserved for the Whipping room. You have ideas or issues with the Dirty Dozen list, procedures, scheduled events, bring them up here - if you don't, take the shit talk to the Whipping room - or the Mods will be glad to do it for you.
i agree with you 100%...metcalf posted on here talking about 89notch breaking his car...which is something to concern him being on the dirty dozen...but hey if the car is fine..i'm happy for him..but right after metcalf posted that...here comes all the flaming..he never made one personal attack or wasn't starting shit or anything and then all this shit happens...and you guys say were the bad guys??

YouGotJunk
07-03-2006, 12:14 PM
There's your first mistake. :rolleyes:
It would be nice if there were more to do in Middletown than sit around in a parking lot and figure out new ways to mess with people on StangBangerz.

"OOH! I know, hey Phil join up on StangBangerz and tell them you drive your Outlaw car on the street so you should be on the dirty dozen list!"
"Yeah-yeah, that's it. That'll get 'em going!"

Honestly, that car is the furthest thing from the intent of the dozen as it gets. Now if you can get that roofing truck to run an 11.20 or better, we may have something. :lol:

It's all for fun right? :D

LOL well...there is more to middletown than just that...yeah we talk and hang out..but we also do alot of racing...something alot of you (and no i'm not singling noone in particular out) know nothing about...yeah there is some nights we all meet up and just hang out and bullshit and noone races but it's still fun to just be out with your buddies...alot of us around here dont like to just think about the next time we can run around and get drunk and act like idiots... :screwy:

mustangboy
07-03-2006, 12:18 PM
i agree with you 100%...metcalf posted on here talking about 89notch breaking his car...which is something to concern him being on the dirty dozen...but hey if the car is fine..i'm happy for him..but right after metcalf posted that...here comes all the flaming..he never made one personal attack or wasn't starting shit or anything and then all this shit happens...and you guys say were the bad guys??

I think the point is that if his car broke it is up to him to come on here and let everyone know. We don't need tattlers. It is like my kids telling on each other, it is just annoying.

vinny5oh
07-03-2006, 12:24 PM
LOL well...there is more to middletown than just that...yeah we talk and hang out..but we also do alot of racing...something alot of you (and no i'm not singling noone in particular out) know nothing about...yeah there is some nights we all meet up and just hang out and bullshit and noone races but it's still fun to just be out with your buddies...alot of us around here dont like to just think about the next time we can run around and get drunk and act like idiots... :screwy:
You don't need to get drunk to act like an idiot.

YouGotJunk
07-03-2006, 12:28 PM
I think the point is that if his car broke it is up to him to come on here and let everyone know. We don't need tattlers. It is like my kids telling on each other, it is just annoying.

yeah well with some of the crybabys around here....noone would tell unless they absolutely had too...alot of people are standing up and saying it now but that's just because they know other people will and they know it'll look better for them if they do...but if you took your car to the track...ran it and it broke and you know it did...would you come straight home and put it on the dozen???? that's exactly what happened

YouGotJunk
07-03-2006, 12:29 PM
You don't need to get drunk to act like an idiot.

yeah but it tends to help some people out a little bit

Metcalf Racing
07-03-2006, 01:08 PM
http://extremestreetcars.com/forums/images/smilies/jerkit.gif
But you have your own board now. Use it. :tongue2:http://extremestreetcars.com/forums/images/smilies/metallicblu1e.gif

Maximus
07-03-2006, 01:29 PM
But you have your own board now. Use it. :tongue2:

They dont have the drama built up over there yet.:lol:

YouGotJunk
07-03-2006, 01:33 PM
just not as many crybabies!!:flipoff: :lol: :lol:

Metcalf Racing
07-03-2006, 01:34 PM
There's a place to argue over there. I guess everyone on our site just play better.
And I know were not out to delete someones classified ad

Maximus
07-03-2006, 01:40 PM
Why are we even "discussing" the rules?
We hashed em out, and now those who cant be on it are bitching.
WHaaaaa go start your own list so that you can make your own rules....Oh wait, thats what they did.:lol:

It still wont be the Dozen.:smokin:

Maximus
07-03-2006, 01:42 PM
There's a place to argue over there. I guess everyone on our site just play better.
And I know were not out to delete someones classified ad

Thats funny, didnt you say that you had to shut down Middletucky.com because the family was getting upset??:confused:

Metcalf Racing
07-03-2006, 01:44 PM
Why are we even "discussing" the rules?
We hashed em out, and now those who cant be on it are bitching.
WHaaaaa go start your own list so that you can make your own rules....Oh wait, thats what they did.:lol:

It still wont be the Dozen.:smokin:Whats with all the tears???? Dry your eyes!!!! My car with the old combo would have a hrd time making the list. I know this I changing combo's and trying my hand at it again. So wipe your eyes you know were I'll be going to waste my money.

Metcalf Racing
07-03-2006, 01:46 PM
Thats funny, didnt you say that you had to shut down Middletucky.com because the family was getting upset??:confused:Are you drunk??? I didn't own Middletucky

Maximus
07-03-2006, 01:48 PM
I didn't own Middletucky

So is that the reason it got shut down? Your own couldnt even play nice together. Thats a shame.

vinny5oh
07-03-2006, 01:48 PM
Please try to keep posts in this thread related to the subject at hand. I'll do the same. Thanks.

Maximus
07-03-2006, 01:49 PM
The rules are fine.:bigthumb

vinny5oh
07-03-2006, 01:57 PM
I WILL delete any thread beyond my last post that does not relate to the topic. Thanks.

chuck
07-03-2006, 02:21 PM
Will this be just like "wild street" or "true street"? 30 mile cruise?
Will we be allow to refuel after the cruise? no popping of the hoods or
trunks and no fresh nitrous bottles after a pass? No extended cool down time?
Just curious?

Metcalf Racing
07-03-2006, 02:33 PM
No I don't think thier doing that. All you need is to have tags and not be Phil Hines

chuck
07-03-2006, 02:42 PM
I hope not.... or im screwed, LOL.

chuck
07-03-2006, 02:53 PM
Oh, i almost forgot is there going to be a minimum weight limit? lol ... just kidding.

chuck
07-03-2006, 03:08 PM
No i all seriousness, i was wondering what is everbodys thoughts on the end of the season finally? what kind of rules? i got some time to work on the car now,in between races and the transmission is at liberty(btw,yes im off the list) i was going to change over to a 10 gallon cell and change the camshaft too so im not eating up valve springs all the time. ? just some thoughts....

vinny5oh
07-03-2006, 03:29 PM
No I don't think thier doing that. All you need is to have tags and not be Phil Hines
When the details get sorted, we'll let everybody know. Of course this thread is for discussing your thoughts on it so have at it.

That crap about being Phil Hines, just friggen drop it. I know, you know and everybody else knows that Wren's old car is NOT a street car, wasn't meant to be a street car and once again this is a perect example of how you like to push things.

I know people will always try to push the boundaries. This isn't a sanctioned event. The rules are pretty much up to me and the mods at our discretion. I'm trying to keep it as fair as possible for as many people as possible.

Metcalf Racing
07-03-2006, 03:32 PM
When the details get sorted, we'll let everybody know. Of course this thread is for discussing your thoughts on it so have at it.

That crap about being Phil Hines, just friggen drop it. I know, you know and everybody else knows that Wren's old car is NOT a street car, wasn't meant to be a street car and once again this is a perect example of how you like to push things.

I know people will always try to push the boundaries. This isn't a sanctioned event. The rules are pretty much up to me and the mods at our discretion. I'm trying to keep it as fair as possible for as many people as possible.Man you know that was a joke.Your always so serious:lol:

vinny5oh
07-03-2006, 03:36 PM
Man you know that was a joke.Your always so serious:lol:
Yeah, that was a joke. Everything about you is a joke. :rolleyes:

barkey
07-03-2006, 05:08 PM
quick question could a body in white car make the list

Ranger50
07-03-2006, 05:30 PM
quick question could a body in white car make the list

No. Body in whites can NOT be "legally" titled (off road use only). Therefore, it is not a "street" car. Therefore, it can not be on the list.

barkey
07-03-2006, 05:33 PM
Thats what i thought

chuck
07-06-2006, 02:18 PM
Any suggestions for the competition for the DD at the end of the year?? street tires only??...

Give vinny some ideas for the rules.....

Maximus
07-06-2006, 02:27 PM
Any suggestions for the competition for the DD at the end of the year?? street tires only??...

Give vinny some ideas for the rules.....

DOT's sounds good:bigthumb

chad393na
07-06-2006, 03:14 PM
Why DOT's? They're not required to make the list:confused:

Maximus
07-06-2006, 03:42 PM

It would suck for you to get a ticket (with NON DOTs) when driving your car to the track with the rest of the Dozen participants on this special Dozen event.

chuck
07-06-2006, 04:17 PM

Well since i have joined the dozen alot of people have complained that my car is not a street car..ok well here's your chance... suggest some rules or
forever hold your peace...or until next year haha

93hulk
07-06-2006, 05:01 PM
D.O.T's! Im down with that.:cool1: How about showing proof of insurance and current registration before you can enter the event?

347sc
07-06-2006, 05:09 PM
Why no slicks? Hell Chuck runs on an 8in wide slick. If you want to run dots fine.

At this point if I get my car finished I dont think Ill post a time for the dozen.Ill shut up now my junks down anyway.

vinny5oh
07-06-2006, 05:26 PM
Aren't you still allowed to put slicks on after the cruise in the NMRA W/S stuff?
Whatever you guys decide is cool with me. I don't own a pair of slicks anyway. :D

Maximus
07-06-2006, 05:27 PM
D.O.T's! Im down with that.:cool1: How about showing proof of insurance and current registration before you can enter the event?

Sounds like a winner also.:bigthumb

Im with you Bo, cept I might just go a whorin on that other board to make their list:evilflip:

Maximus
07-06-2006, 05:28 PM
Aren't you still allowed to put slicks on after the cruise in the NMRA W/S stuff?
Whatever you guys decide is cool with me. I don't own a pair of slicks anyway. :D

Not anymore. I dont own slicks either so I could care less.:)

chuck
07-06-2006, 05:46 PM
Sounds good to me. it is my drivers door pocket,next to some old time slips and my just in case quarter or dzus tool.

Maximus
07-06-2006, 05:56 PM
So we have the following.....
DOTs tires (Front and rear)
Insured
A tag that fits the car (No dealer tags) Collector tags are fine

What else?
Now this is how adiscussion should be.:bigthumb

chuck
07-06-2006, 06:03 PM
So we have the following.....
DOTs tires (Front and rear)
Insured
A tag that fits the car (No dealer tags) Collector tags are fine

What else?
Now this is how adiscussion should be.:bigthumb

agreed!:bigthumb

93hulk
07-06-2006, 06:31 PM
Should me have working wipers and horn? All glass no lexan? Just some ideas.

347sc
07-06-2006, 07:49 PM
Im with you Bo, cept I might just go a whorin on that other board to make their list:evilflip:

Well I have already heard people bitching about things that my car has currently and how its not a street car with two gears,DFI,etc so Ill build it and enjoy like I always have. Plus I would be willing to lay money that it gets drove more then most.

chuck
07-06-2006, 07:56 PM
Should me have working wipers and horn? All glass no lexan? Just some ideas.

horn? sure why not?
wipers ? this has been an issue before. i dont have them because i never plan to drive it in the rain,many members on here dont have them, also
i think NHRA requires that you remove them after a certian speed anyways? not sure but they can become a very dangerous projectile!! Do you think we should have wipers?

I would agree on all glass too. no lexan..you now your cutting weight if you take the glass out,besides you could never race it in a sactioned event unless it was a bracket car or in pro 5.0?

what do you think?

chad393na
07-06-2006, 08:01 PM
I'm down with registration/insurance, but I don't see the problem with slicks. I don't currently own a good set of "dots", and I know there's plenty of people on here (with dots) that can 60' as good (or better) than me, so that's not the issue. Besides, if i'm willing to take the risk, what's the problem? That or allow a set time to swap. Just my 2 cents.

chuck
07-06-2006, 08:05 PM
Well I have already heard people bitching about things that my car has currently and how its not a street car with two gears,DFI,etc so Ill build it and enjoy like I always have. Plus I would be willing to lay money that it gets drove more then most.

Not stirring the pot! just asking.
I think that having a powerglide is your decision and that doesnt make it a race car only and the DFI shouldnt change aything either because correct me if im wrong but craig newports car and many others have DFI and that is still a street car in my eyes.

barkey
07-06-2006, 08:08 PM
I think that if its a fox body add 1 second to ET and if it has twins add 2 seconds to ET

What do you think Vinny LOL

chuck
07-06-2006, 08:10 PM
I'm down with registration/insurance, but I don't see the problem with slicks. I don't currently own a good set of "dots", and I know there's plenty of people on here (with dots) that can 60' as good (or better) than me, so that's not the issue. Besides, if i'm willing to take the risk, what's the problem? That or allow a set time to swap. Just my 2 cents.

I think you should be able to run whatever tire you like.If you can go fast on a radial tire its cool with me.

dedpedal
07-06-2006, 08:22 PM
The only arguement against slicks is that NMRA indeed made them illegal last year. I think that if someone wants to run slicks let em, just not on the street part of the cruise. Im probly gonna run real radials to the track and swap to my ET streets if its allowed.

347sc
07-06-2006, 08:57 PM
Not stirring the pot! just asking.
I think that having a powerglide is your decision and that doesnt make it a race car only and the DFI shouldnt change aything either because correct me if im wrong but craig newports car and many others have DFI and that is still a street car in my eyes.

I have all those on my car, bought the glide from Mr.Newport.

Im just saying that there are already people saying that cars like mine,Craigs,Vinnys,etc are not because we have the stuff. And as soon as one of us run a number the arguement will insue.

93hulk
07-06-2006, 09:23 PM
I have all those on my car, bought the glide from Mr.Newport.

Im just saying that there are already people saying that cars like mine,Craigs,Vinnys,etc are not because we have the stuff. And as soon as one of us run a number the arguement will insue.

What makes them any different than any other car going for the DD? I mean you have a turbo, A couple others have a turbo, You have a glide, A couple others have a glide, you can see the trend. Now get that Bitch together and prove everyone who has a bitch wrong. The people who usually have a bitch fit are the people who havent or cant make the list. Ill have a Fast system and aluminum windsor buy the end off the season. Does that mean my car isnt a street car. I think not.

Maximus
07-06-2006, 09:50 PM
horn? sure why not?
wipers ? this has been an issue before. i dont have them because i never plan to drive it in the rain,many members on here dont have them, also
i think NHRA requires that you remove them after a certian speed anyways? not sure but they can become a very dangerous projectile!! Do you think we should have wipers?

I would agree on all glass too. no lexan..you now your cutting weight if you take the glass out,besides you could never race it in a sactioned event unless it was a bracket car or in pro 5.0?

what do you think?

Wipers dont work to good at 165 anyway :cool1:
I say Boo on the Lexan.

kennebellcobra
07-06-2006, 09:54 PM
I don't think slicks make it a race car. My car is a wife driven A/C P/S full weight car that gets drove alot but I'm not going to go and and spend another 350 bucks for MT's which are about as good as slicks after I have slicks already just to get on the list. I think driving it to the track and bolting on other tires should be O.K.

If your talking about a cruise, then race, does that mean the times posted don't mean anything and only the times after the cruise count?

RyanR
07-06-2006, 10:00 PM
if you drive it on the street "legally in every aspect" it should be on the list . sticky tires should be the only exception

chuck
07-06-2006, 10:51 PM
if you drive it on the street "legally in every aspect" it should be on the list . sticky tires should be the only exception

I agree.

30 mile cruise to the track,then pit/work on your shit,do what you gotta do.(cool down the intercooler/heat the nitrous bottle/bolt on some slicks and so on..) and then 3 back to back passes without popping the hood or trunk? 10 or 20 minutes in between passes for cool down. fastest average from 1 to 12.

what ya think?

plated
07-06-2006, 10:57 PM
i think we should take them to the highway patrol station and let them do the inspection:lol: we would all be on the outside looking in

vinny5oh
07-06-2006, 11:12 PM
StangBangerz.com
Presents
1st Annual Cincy Street Car Shootout

:rockon:

Is there going to be a bikini contest? :D

chuck
07-06-2006, 11:22 PM
YES,YES YES.. .. Yes!!! a bikini contest.. sweet
Cincy Street Car Shootout i like it!!!

Think about it!!! After its over we can have a the 12 fastest stangs go HEADS UP against the F-body guys after they have there 12 fastest shootout?

oh and we can refuel after the cruise too right?

vinny5oh
07-06-2006, 11:27 PM
oh and we can refuel after the cruise too right?
oooh....now that would be a catch wouldn't it. :lol:

chuck
07-06-2006, 11:42 PM
aahh yes it would! haha :lol:

Maximus
07-07-2006, 01:22 AM
We need to keep the rules to a minimum:)

vinny5oh
07-07-2006, 05:32 AM
We need to keep the rules to a minimum:)Yeah. Like the biggest turbo you can run is an 88mm. :flipoff: :lol:

JASON408
07-07-2006, 07:31 AM
as far as slicks to et streets my car goes 1.45 on 8.5 slick and 1.47 on a et street so there is not that much . you can sit here and think about all the rules you want about you need this and you cant run this . if you car can go 30 miles on the street and make 3 back to back runs . you have a street car . i think the idea of a cruz and a race afterwards is a great idea dont think it will change the list though but it will stop some of the whining . but then who ever did not get on the list will be mad and here we go again .we have alot of fast street cars on this board .i think its cool as hell . a way to get all of them toghther and race sound like fun to me let me know the rules so i can put what you need on my car :lol: j/k

Timido
07-07-2006, 09:25 AM
30 miles
Pit do what ever
what ever tires
Insurance and Tags

chuck
07-07-2006, 09:27 AM
30 miles
Pit do what ever
what ever tires
Insurance and Tags

and no twin turbos. :D

Maximus
07-07-2006, 11:03 AM
30 miles
Pit do what ever
what ever tires
Insurance and Tags

:bigthumb

Black Horse
07-07-2006, 12:10 PM
Is there going to be a bikini contest? :D

Are you saying you have to wear a bikini during the drive in the car to qualify? - I'm not so sure my camera can take the punishment :lol:

~trying to absolutely NOT visualize how some of the SBZ bunch look in bikinis~ :eek:

Of course this could give them women folk an advantage ;)

Timido
07-07-2006, 12:17 PM
and no twin turbos. :D

You aint skeerd is ya?

chuck
07-07-2006, 12:21 PM
You aint skeerd is ya?

hell no. dual power adders? i was plumming the fogger kit last night.

Evilsvt
07-07-2006, 12:22 PM
30 miles
Pit do what ever
what ever tires
Insurance and Tags

Sounds good:bigthumb

orangedemon331
07-07-2006, 12:41 PM
30 miles
Pit do what ever
what ever tires
Insurance and Tags

I'm cool with this:bigthumb

Timido
07-07-2006, 12:41 PM
Run whatca brung. You could leave the plate on and the fogger. SPRAY THE HOUSE DOWN.

Timido
07-07-2006, 12:43 PM
hell no. dual power adders? i was plumming the fogger kit last night.

That fogger is like 8 power adders so you are really illegal.

chuck
07-07-2006, 02:22 PM
That fogger is like 8 power adders so you are really illegal.

Haha true. im not legal? i gotta spray the crap out of it to try and catch,newport and vinnybagodognuts,...... damn turbos!

I feel sorry for the birds in the area when vinny or craig make some passes.

Turbos are now 165mph blenders......

hahaha feathers coming out of tailpipe.....:lol:

chuck
07-07-2006, 02:24 PM
30 miles
Pit do what ever
what ever tires
Insurance and Tags

i agree to this, does any body object?

what about during the three passes though?

chad393na
07-07-2006, 02:27 PM
Sounds good :bigthumb

vinny5oh
07-07-2006, 03:03 PM
So basicly we're adopting the NMRA W/S rules excluding the tire portion, correct? Do we use the average of the passes or the fastest pass bcuz the DD is based off teh (noslo) fastest pass. Doesn't matter to me. I'm just glad that people are agreeing and not arguing for once. :bigthumb

RACEME
07-07-2006, 03:21 PM
I have two questions.

What about popping the hood? I would hate to see one of you lose a good spot on the dozen due to a plug wire or something simple. I remember Craig had this problem in wild street a couple of years ago.

What if somebody breaks during the runs? Are they out like current DD rules?

vinny5oh
07-07-2006, 03:27 PM
I have two questions.

What about popping the hood? I would hate to see one of you lose a good spot on the dozen due to a plug wire or something simple. I remember Craig had this problem in wild street a couple of years ago.

What if somebody breaks during the runs? Are they out like current DD rules?
I personally don't think we should be as strict with the hood policy. And yes, you break, you're off just like the current DD rules state. Just my two pennies.

JASON408
07-07-2006, 03:32 PM
30 miles
Pit do what ever
what ever tires
Insurance and Tags
i can dig it ( and bring it ) :lol: i crack me up

Maximus
07-07-2006, 03:44 PM
I personally don't think we should be as strict with the hood policy. And yes, you break, you're off just like the current DD rules state. Just my two pennies.

Sounds good:bigthumb Now when is the date? I just went and got tags for the 2000:D

vinny5oh
07-07-2006, 04:52 PM
It's going to have to be close to the end of the season, when the tracks are closing....when air temps are low and front wheels are high. :D

JIMS SVT
07-07-2006, 05:13 PM
I like half of the cruse should be done in alot of stop and go traffic.From light to light to test the cars real good.Not only crusing on the highway for 30 miles.

mach_u
07-07-2006, 05:25 PM
I like half of the cruse should be done in alot of stop and go traffic.From light to light to test the cars real good.Not only crusing on the highway for 30 miles.
He's got the idea! Let's see who's really got a street car on here! :bigthumb

Maximus
07-07-2006, 05:25 PM

I think since Jim was the first #1 on the list that he should be the man planning the route.:bigthumb Hopefully he will make a central start point for everyone:)

347sc
07-07-2006, 05:31 PM
Stop and go traffic will be easy on 8.5-1 turbo motors. I see no problem with that.

Maximus
07-07-2006, 05:35 PM
Stop and go traffic will be easy on 8.5-1 turbo motors. I see no problem with that.

But when we are all together, well you know how that goes:lol:

347sc
07-07-2006, 05:36 PM
Yes I do.lol

JIMS SVT
07-07-2006, 05:45 PM
I think since Jim was the first #1 on the list that he should be the man planning the route.:bigthumb Hopefully he will make a central start point for everyone:)
Im just making suggestions here.

Maximus
07-07-2006, 05:56 PM
Im just making suggestions here.

You brought up a GREAT point and since you are a part of the Dozen, I figured you might want to have a part in the planning:bigthumb

Keep the suggestions coming.:)

Timido
07-07-2006, 06:23 PM
I think it should be a mix of stop and go and a little highway. We are not trying to overheat cars burn up transmissions Tear up stuff. At least I am not. If you really want this to be a Kill a car before you race it, It should be a whole lot more than 30 miles. I like the idea of running what ever tires you want so someone who has street tires and slicks doesnt have to buy dots just to run em.

mustang8998
07-07-2006, 06:36 PM
It's going to have to be close to the end of the season, when the tracks are closing....when air temps are low and front wheels are high. :D

And Vinny's car is done. Oops, did I type that out loud? :cool1:

JFWY Vinny!

vinny5oh
07-07-2006, 06:42 PM
If it even gets done this year. Who knows, who cares.

plated
07-07-2006, 07:20 PM
so far so good.i'm just glad to be a part of the dozen and as long as i stay on the list you can run open headers and slicks and 1000shot for all i give a fuck.have at it guy's this will make for the best video yet.:popcorn:

chuck
07-07-2006, 07:39 PM
so far so good.i'm just glad to be a part of the dozen and as long as i stay on the list you can run open headers and slicks and 1000shot for all i give a fuck.have at it guy's this will make for the best video yet.:popcorn:

exactly,
We should all be happy that we all have a common goal, to have a bad ass street car/race car/daily driver or what have you. Also we should all be happy that we dont live in a country where we would be fighting or killing each other over bread.So my hats off to all of the members who respect other members for there accompolishments,as i said before you guys make the rules and if we all agree on them? the fastest car should not be looked down upon!!

BTW;thats a pretty good attitude,If a 1000shot is what it takes,so be it.

Timido
07-07-2006, 07:57 PM
I got a 100 shot

kennebellcobra
07-07-2006, 09:06 PM
So basicly we're adopting the NMRA W/S rules excluding the tire portion, correct? Do we use the average of the passes or the fastest pass bcuz the DD is based off teh (noslo) fastest pass. Doesn't matter to me. I'm just glad that people are agreeing and not arguing for once. :bigthumb

I agree with you on just using the fastest pass, makes more sense because it is the 12 fastest street cars not the 12 fastest averages but you have to run three passes no matter what or it don't count.

Evilsvt
07-07-2006, 09:06 PM

Yep will be just another day in middletown stop and go traffic except for the occasional pit stop to fill your coolant loosen engine right bo, lol!

8.5-1 and maybe a 100 shot, drives like a stocker till you start hitting buttons and given it gas, lol.

Maximus
07-07-2006, 10:48 PM
So we gonna race at TS or E2O??

vinny5oh
07-07-2006, 10:54 PM
So we gonna race at TS or E2O??National Trail?
It don't matter to me. We have a few months to figure it out.

Maximus
07-07-2006, 11:11 PM
National Trail?
It don't matter to me. We have a few months to figure it out.

What? At NMRA Wild Street have a built in Stangbangerz event?? That would be cool. BUT we shouldnt have Dozen members PAY to run this event. It would be cool for SBZ to own WS thou:bigthumb
It will would be easier to meet somewhere, drive to TS or E2O and bust em off.:cool1:

Ok, Im back out to the garage:)

Timido
07-07-2006, 11:23 PM
I say we keep it casual and fun! I think everyone should go 15sec to 8 sec cars. If we were crazy we could make it a Show type deal at Cincy speed run em up to tristate and bust em off like we have done in the past from Ribfest! Oh and if you want to make it really cool everyone chips in $10 and we donate it to a church or charity to make sure someone can smile for a day.

Maximus
07-08-2006, 12:43 AM
I say we keep it casual and fun! I think everyone should go 15sec to 8 sec cars. If we were crazy we could make it a Show type deal at Cincy speed run em up to tristate and bust em off like we have done in the past from Ribfest! Oh and if you want to make it really cool everyone chips in $10 and we donate it to a church or charity to make sure someone can smile for a day.

Sounds good to me:bigthumb

mustangboy
07-08-2006, 12:49 AM
I wish I had the money to buy a nice roller. I would love to be able to put my 429/c4 in a car and run it as a street car. A nice 150-200 shot would have got it somewhere in the dozen. My chassis is going to get fixed but it will need too much to make a real "street" car, or at least more than I really want to do. Oh well maybe next year. Then again there is that problem of my wife not wanting me to race anymore.:rolleyes: :(

Ranger50
07-08-2006, 11:02 AM
The only thing I would add is to make a few stops along the way, so nobody can really "cheat" their way onto the list. Much like how Hot Rod does the Pump Gas Drags. Make people pass through 3 or 4 checkpoints, collect various stickers, arrive at track and race.

Just my plugged nickel.
Brian

93hulk
07-08-2006, 11:36 AM
I think we should all meet at MD and caravan to Tri State. A Sat test and tune would be good palce to run the event. Md would be kinda in the middle for everyone to meet up. Cincy is kinda far for us people up north. What do you guys think?

Maximus
07-08-2006, 11:49 AM
That will work also.:bigthumb

BTW, MD is only 6 miles away:)

vinny5oh
07-08-2006, 12:43 PM
I think we should all meet at MD and caravan to Tri State. A Sat test and tune would be good palce to run the event. Md would be kinda in the middle for everyone to meet up. Cincy is kinda far for us people up north. What do you guys think?
Pretty much exactly what I was thinking. I was kidding about national trails.

plated
07-08-2006, 10:25 PM
ok put me down for 10.67 @ 135.44mph:cool1:

Timido
07-08-2006, 10:27 PM
ok now 135 should be 9.90 what was your 60ft?

NO SHOT
07-08-2006, 10:28 PM
Absolutly FLY'n:bigthumb

mustangrfast88
07-08-2006, 10:39 PM
plated that was a nice pass looked like the track was hooking tonight and i think that car has more in it

plated
07-08-2006, 10:50 PM
man i'm sooo happy,the 10,67 pass i had a 1.695 60ft,i did throw an 80lb bad of concrete in the trunk and got a 1.56 60ft my last pass but missed a gear and went 10.76.help me out timmy what to do next?do an auto and brake?

vinny5oh
07-09-2006, 12:49 AM
man i'm sooo happy,the 10,67 pass i had a 1.695 60ft,i did throw an 80lb bad of concrete in the trunk and got a 1.56 60ft my last pass but missed a gear and went 10.76.help me out timmy what to do next?do an auto and brake?
Sounds like you answered your own question bub. If you threw 80 lbs in the trunk and dropped almost a tenth and a half off your 60.......I'd be finding a way to put some junk in my trunk. :D Looks like the cars likes that extra poundage in the rear.

Timido
07-09-2006, 08:48 AM
Yup work with what ya got. I am sure an auto would be a lot easyer to drive and easy on parts too. The stick is probably 100% more fun on the street.

chad393na
07-09-2006, 04:22 PM
Put an auto in it, you won't regret it :bigthumb

chuck
07-09-2006, 08:30 PM
Hey plated,if your car loses alot of boost on gear changes it might be a good idea to go to an auto or a clutchless stick transmission.

plated
07-09-2006, 10:41 PM
i'm looking for an auto setup with a break now.theres no reason the car shouldn't get good 60's it has a good suspension setup,it's probably needing adjust right or get some video of the car leaving and see what it's doing?and the weight added to it really seemed to help alot,how much weight did u add chuck and where did u add it?

chuck
07-10-2006, 10:57 AM
Well,alot of people have there own opinion on where weight should go in a drag car? In my eyes you need to put as much as needed to help the car 60ft better but not scrub off ET,Mostly in the front of the car,just kidding the rear!! I had to put ALOT of weight in my car,ALOT!
My car is 3205 lbs with driver and fuel.

On another note, so what are the rules so far that are agreed upon for the finally???? Tristate??

Timido
07-10-2006, 12:34 PM
Hum so where are you scales at? Give em up

chuck
07-10-2006, 01:08 PM
Hum so where are you scales at? Give em up

? edgewaters scales ?

Timido
07-10-2006, 01:15 PM
No corner scalles

chuck
07-10-2006, 01:54 PM
Nope. i just placed the wieght evenly throughout the car, where i saw fit.
Did you corner scale your car?

Timido
07-10-2006, 02:29 PM
No only suspension adjustments I have made are shocks settings and tire pressure. Car is set up the way Chris set it up. I think the radials get hit too hard but someday I am going to run a set of 28x10.5's on it. As soon as the budget works out.

vinny5oh
07-10-2006, 03:17 PM
Please try to keep posts in this thread related to the subject at hand. I'll do the same. Thanks.
:punch:

plated
07-10-2006, 04:22 PM
where is the list i can't find it?

chuck
07-10-2006, 04:37 PM
Ok sorry vinny.

So far the rules are:

1) 30 mile cruise. Some highway/some city/some mom and pop roads too.
2) Tags, Insurance and registration. Show proof at the date of competition,no dealer tags,etc.
3) What ever tires you wanna run on. Just no may pops or will pops.
4) 3 passes (chances) take the fastest pass and thats your #
5) And a donation $10 will be made from each entrants and will be givin to
vinny and he will hold it until a charity has been decided upon.

Lets here it guys,speak up.

JIMS SVT
07-10-2006, 04:54 PM
And you need to drive the car on the street some...Not just the day of the race.

Timido
07-11-2006, 09:29 AM
And you need to drive the car on the street some...Not just the day of the race.

Is the 30 mile cruise going to determine that it is a street car? If you want to only have real Drivers maybe you should make it somthing of a real street car test. How about a parade around the 275 loop then 3 passes without touching anything.

chuck
07-11-2006, 10:01 AM
Sounds good to me,i would like to do that, LONG cruise and when you get to the track you CAN'T do anything to the car......example: removing passenger seat,leave the tools in the trunk.... what ya think?? TRUE street car test??

Rob
07-11-2006, 10:12 AM
Sounds cool. Also leave the tires alone. Except for air pressure.
How about et streets or drag radials only?

Maximus
07-11-2006, 10:47 AM
So far the rules are:
2) Tags, Insurance and registration. Show proof at the date of competition,no dealer tags,etc.
Lets here it guys,speak up.

Lets keep it simple.:bigthumb

Timido
07-11-2006, 10:50 AM
I still like this deal.

And we could make up awards with no prizes like

Best ET
Best MPH
most consistant
Worst 60ft
Worst Reaction time
Best wheels up launch!

chuck
07-11-2006, 11:25 AM
I like these rules too. Anybody else?

Best wheels up launch? haha i might just make one pass and put it on the bumper to win just that!! screw the fastest pass.:lol:

Maximus
07-11-2006, 12:31 PM
Sounds good to me. Now someone set a date.:)

kennebellcobra
07-11-2006, 03:46 PM
Me too:bigthumb

Rob
07-11-2006, 09:28 PM
and the award for the best mph goes to......... Maximus for his 12.54 @ 178:lol:

mfoss
07-12-2006, 06:59 AM
I like the rules. WHEN and WHERE

vinny5oh
07-12-2006, 12:25 PM
I like the rules. WHEN and WHEREat a track, at the end of the season. Maybe we should hold a "practice session"? Or once a month? Last test and tune of each month?

Timido
07-12-2006, 01:01 PM
Ok first pracice session Sat tristate

beefcake
07-12-2006, 01:37 PM
so, i gotta ask, are lightnings eligible?

i can't see any reason they shouldn't be, already at a huge disadvantage at 5000 lbs?

they are just big stangs anyway!

not saying i'd even be there, but i'd love to have a shot

it is an svt after all

BUHBYY
08-22-2006, 06:27 PM
why isn't foss on there anymore ???

Maximus
08-22-2006, 08:18 PM
He wrecked his car at E2O. Antifreeze and racing DONT mix:(

BUHBYY
08-23-2006, 12:11 AM
that is not breaking is it ??? and if so shouldn't he be on the broke list ??? the white car is coming back out !!! fyi I knew about the antifreeze remeber I told you

Maximus
08-23-2006, 08:26 AM
that is not breaking is it ??? and if so shouldn't he be on the broke list ??? the white car is coming back out !!! fyi I knew about the antifreeze remeber I told you

Are you kidding me?? Ok Ackbar:HYF: How the Hell is he going to back up his run with a smashed up car? (Thankfully he walked away) When he gets the white car done, Im sure he will be back on the list.:bigthumb

JASON408
08-24-2006, 07:12 AM
now i have seen it all :HYF:

mustangboy
08-24-2006, 08:54 AM
Take it from someone who knows pretty well. When you hit the wall the car is broke. :lol: :rolleyes:

Maximus
08-24-2006, 10:19 AM
Take it from someone who knows pretty well. When you hit the wall the car is broke. :lol: :rolleyes:

Ive done it also. Actually, it was the same situation as Foss, but mine was on the big end crossing the line:(

Timido
09-03-2006, 08:49 PM
Well the Capri is currantly damaged goods. Take me off the list. I think I tore up the trans gearset!

331TwistedWedge
09-03-2006, 08:59 PM
Well the Capri is currantly damaged goods. Take me off the list. I think I tore up the trans gearset!

im up for the cruise and running at the track........i bet we could get enough locals, to blow away a wild street event at the NMRA..........:D

89notch
09-15-2006, 12:39 AM
Looks like I will be trying to move up the list in a few weeks when I pick up the new turbo tomorrow :evilflip:

331TwistedWedge
09-15-2006, 01:23 AM
Looks like I will be trying to move up the list in a few weeks when I pick up the new turbo tomorrow :evilflip:

that makes me sick.......stock long block and turbo - 11.38.........i need a turbo.......:bigthumb

Suprafied
09-18-2006, 08:52 PM
So is this event going to happen? What the stipulations on entry? Mustangs only....

Just wondering......

93hulk
10-02-2006, 10:13 PM
So when is the DD shootout going to be? Where? And is there any final decisions on rules yet?

vinny5oh
10-03-2006, 05:32 AM
Rules? Huh? The rules haven't changed and I don't expect them to this late in the game. I'm open for suggestions on a date. I prefer Tri-State but Edgewater would work just as well. Looking for feedback......

Mustangs only? Well yeah. According to the DD rules, it must be a Mustang (OR CAPRI) to make the list.

93hulk
10-03-2006, 05:57 AM
I would like Tri State myself.

ibstrokin
10-03-2006, 06:59 AM
I would like Tri State myself.tri state sounds good to me also

plated
10-03-2006, 07:01 AM
i'm down for tristate:)

Timido
10-04-2006, 11:12 AM
How about a litttle somthing this weekend at the track!

chad393na
10-04-2006, 11:16 AM
Another vote for tristate :bigthumb

beefcake
10-04-2006, 11:46 AM
could do a real cruise to norwalk for smackdown on the 20th lol

then you know who has a real street car

86NotchGT
10-04-2006, 11:56 AM
get that blower on Terry

Todd

beefcake
10-04-2006, 11:59 AM
think i'm gonna order the bracket kit today :)

vinny5oh
10-04-2006, 12:32 PM
We need a somewhat central location to meet up. All current members of the DD will be required to meet then drive to Tri-State, make a minimum of 3 runs and we'll have our 12 for 2006. Sound good? Now we just need a date and a place to meet.

JDB
10-04-2006, 03:33 PM
Is this only open to the 12 that are currently on the list? I'm 15th LOL
I just finished the mods to the nos kit, should go faster (I hope) have not had it to track since the mods were done.

If we do the cruise on street tires, can we then switch to slicks for the 3 runs? I do not have drag radials

I'm up for either track, this weekend would work for me.

kennebellcobra
10-04-2006, 04:38 PM
We need a somewhat central location to meet up. All current members of the DD will be required to meet then drive to Tri-State, make a minimum of 3 runs and we'll have our 12 for 2006. Sound good? Now we just need a date and a place to meet.

If possible make it towards the end of Oct or later I need my trans back:angel:

89notch
10-04-2006, 05:00 PM
Yea end of october would be best for me also. I'm going out of town soon for a week

Maximus
10-04-2006, 05:06 PM
Oct 21st??

89notch
10-04-2006, 05:15 PM
Oct 21st??

Not good for me I will not be back until the 29th.

MFIELD
10-04-2006, 05:16 PM
[QUOTE=JDB]Is this only open to the 12 that are currently on the list?

I agree is this only for current members of the list. If we make a date can others try to make it on. Maybe I wont break something this time.:lol:

mach_u
10-04-2006, 05:22 PM
Oct 21st??
Isn't that UMTR? Or is that the idea?

Timido
10-04-2006, 05:30 PM
This should be open to anyone and everyone! with a mustang!

Maximus
10-04-2006, 05:30 PM
Isn't that UMTR? Or is that the idea?

DOH!! :mad:

vinny5oh
10-04-2006, 05:32 PM
Not just for the 12 DD members.... any and all SBZ members are invited to join the fun, meet up at the location and head to TS as a pack. That would be sweet! We'll need the current 12 DD members to make the event in order to stay on the list. Sound fair?

Plus if somebody in that 12 breaks, we'll need somebody to fill the spot so get your tunes dialed in, get your mods finished up and lets finish off the season in a HUGE bash!!!!

Maximus
10-04-2006, 05:44 PM
I agree is this only for current members of the list.

Hmm, I dont think that would be cool. There are a few Stangs that are still being worked on and finished up. Are we going to NOT allow a fellow Stangbangerz not to compete because he just now finished his Stang??
If you car fits in the rules of the Dozen, bring it:bigthumb

331TwistedWedge
10-04-2006, 08:59 PM
Hmm, I dont think that would be cool. There are a few Stangs that are still being worked on and finished up. Are we going to NOT allow a fellow Stangbangerz not to compete because he just now finished his Stang??
If you car fits in the rules of the Dozen, bring it:bigthumb

tell em craig......i might just come down and spend that $200.00 toward some spray........a 150 shot would have to do something for my 11.70 times.......:cool1:

xandman1988
10-04-2006, 09:16 PM
what if we wanna watch? can spectators cruise up w/ the group too?

MFIELD
10-04-2006, 09:24 PM
Dont get me wrong I WANT this for everyone, I'm not on the list but hope to be :bigthumb I was getting worried that I wouldnt have a shot. This is gonna rock, so have we set a date?

PS I'm down with Tristate

ibstrokin
10-04-2006, 10:08 PM
I will need as much notice as possible, I work about every other saturday, I can probably be scheduled off if i have enough notice

vinny5oh
10-04-2006, 10:17 PM
what if we wanna watch? can spectators cruise up w/ the group too?
absolutely ;)

plated
10-04-2006, 10:20 PM
:bounce: :drunk: :yup: :fna: :rockon: :cheers: :evilgrin:

JASON408
10-05-2006, 07:36 AM
i been looking forward to this for a while . im good for any weekend but oct 28 thats 93 verts wedding and me a few more dd list contenders will be there but if it must be that day i will find somone to drive my car .but hopfully it will not be that weekend 93 vert has spent 2 months building a new car for this event after edgewater sent him down a antifreeze preped track and he totaled the vert . he got it running last night and took it out for a spin . ready for the running of the bulls .

MFIELD
10-05-2006, 11:18 AM
Just a question can I trailor to the meet point then drive to the track. Tristate is a long way for me to drive my car, not that it wouldnt make it just take a while and alot of fuel.

vinny5oh
10-05-2006, 12:56 PM
Just a question can I trailor to the meet point then drive to the track. Tristate is a long way for me to drive my car, not that it wouldnt make it just take a while and alot of fuel.I'm okay with that if everybody else is. We'll make the meeting point say 20-30 miles from the track? How far is TS from MD???? hmmmm.

bobtsgt
10-05-2006, 01:12 PM
http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&rmm=1&un=m&cl=EN&qq=1ADqpk24ofAgHNIRRZPAupywUTojpuxMrDk10g9iyokVemh OsZZI4QNNyKttUuMAU2ebgNluNPjJL%252f%252bPup8VadMKQ 3nkGp718uh5Nk7Mfz980FSzocV854Cpsv8vCrU4xASO%252b0M jJrabo2QcQUyvt%252fO8vNDVyfe07vYk37jFeDntaRdIF%252 bjkaeptNVvD6whh&ct=NA&r=f&rsres=1&1y=US&1ffi=&1l=&1g=&1pl=&1v=&1n=&1pn=&1a=10720+makro+drive&1c=CINCINNATI&1s=OH&1z=45241&panelbtn=1&2y=US&2ffi=&2l=&2g=&2pl=&2v=&2n=&2pn=&2a=2362+Hamilton-Cleves+Rd&2c=hamilton&2s=oh&2z=

26 minutes and 22 miles from MD to TS

vinny5oh
10-05-2006, 07:00 PM
I think MD would be a good spot to meet at, it's kinda in the middle of everything. If you all are okay with that then all we need is a date and possibly a rain-out date.

kennebellcobra
10-05-2006, 08:41 PM
I think MD would be a good spot to meet at, it's kinda in the middle of everything. If you all are okay with that then all we need is a date and possibly a rain-out date.

MD works for me. It seems like Oct is bad with the UMTR and everyone including myself finishing up or fixing broken stuff so what about Nov. 4th should give people enough notice and get finished up with some projects and cool weather. If it rains it just goes to the next Saturday until the weather is good.

vinny5oh
10-05-2006, 10:15 PM
what? StangBangerz.com's "Dirty Dozen Shootout"
when? Nov. 4th 2006
where? Meet at MD Motorsports by noon and leave for Tri-State Dragway
why? Because this will be the pinnacle of the Cincinnati area's finest and fastest street driven Mustangs.

Please refer to the dirty dozen thread concerning requirements for vehicles.

All current DD members will be REQUIRED to show for this event in order to stay on the list.
No-shows may be bumped off the list for the year but receive an "honarable metion".
Any DD member not able to attend on 11/4 must notify an admin or moderator IMMEDIATELY.

Car is permitted to be trailered to MD but MUST be driven to TS and raced and not break to remain on list.

Any and all SBZ members are welcome to attend!

Sound like an event yet? :D
Any changes or additions? :confused:
This is going to be one hell of a "vulgar display of horsepower" :rockon:

xandman1988
10-05-2006, 10:40 PM
may i have MD's address so i can mapquest it?

kennebellcobra
10-05-2006, 10:49 PM
what? StangBangerz.com's "Dirty Dozen Shootout"
when? Nov. 4th 2006
where? Meet at MD Motorsports by noon and leave for Tri-State Dragway
why? Because this will be the pinnacle of the Cincinnati area's finest and fastest street driven Mustangs.

Please refer to the dirty dozen thread concerning requirements for vehicles.

All current DD members will be REQUIRED to show for this event in order to stay on the list.
No-shows may be bumped off the list for the year but receive an "honarable metion".
Any DD member not able to attend on 11/4 must notify an admin or moderator IMMEDIATELY.

Car is permitted to be trailered to MD but MUST be driven to TS and raced and not break to remain on list.

Any and all SBZ members are welcome to attend!

Sound like an event yet? :D
Any changes or additions? :confused:
This is going to be one hell of a "vulgar display of horsepower" :rockon:

Any changes or additions?

Notify Tri-State and maybe they will do a little extra prep work on the track so we have the best et's possible maybe 8's,(Craig) 9's and 10's:eek:

chad393na
10-06-2006, 07:39 AM
Is tristate still open Nov. 4th?

JASON408
10-06-2006, 08:03 AM
just looked on there web site they are closed in nov for the year . might need to move it to edgewater they run on test an tune on sat in november

kennebellcobra
10-06-2006, 12:20 PM
Anyone know someone at Tri-State? Maybe a Stangbangerz Dirty Dozen only yearly event after their normal season.

93hulk
10-06-2006, 05:18 PM
When i was at Tri State last week theysaid that they are going to be open in November.

BUHBYY
10-11-2006, 05:50 PM
I was just thinkin after this weekend seeing all of the cars at the runnin and the Cruise in and cruising with all the fast cars that are part of the dozen I started thinkin there are some cars on the dozen that are never ever around
or they never post on here I was chatting with some friends and I think you should be a true member of Bangerz to be on the dozen and not by any means am I saying everything that goes on should they attend but they should atleast have been to a cruise in or have some ties of some sort right now Joe Blow could log on from Alaska run a number and he would be part of the dozen ??? i guess the final run of the dozen with the cruise and racing should be one of those deciders ??? I am just thinkin out loud but I would like to see what other peeps think???;)

Maximus
10-11-2006, 06:08 PM
This will get interesting.:popcorn:

Why should we have ONE event for the Dozen? If the last event will determine the Dozen, why should anyone try to be on it the first part of the year? What incentves are there to be the First #1? (Congrats to Jimssvt) Why wouldnt someone sandbag all year, then unleash a strong run at the offical Dozen Run?? What happens if you are out of town for the Dozen Run?
Hell, there were 5 of the 12 at the Running of the Ponys but supose they wont be able to make it...then what? I can vouche for Ray, Frank and Josh. They made the run from NKY all the way to Mtown and back. about 90-100miles.

So now what?

Hell imagine if we ran for $$, the shit would certainly hit the fan.

As for the Dozen, its Vinnys thing, He and only He has the final say. He thought it up and it is suppose to be a fun thing. But a couple Whinny lil bitches tried to ruin it. But its still around and going to be faster than ever.

BUHBYY
10-11-2006, 06:12 PM
I agree with all of it I am basically like I said thinkin out loud , hell I have not even ran a full pass in my car but I hope to be part of the dozen by year end ???

kennebellcobra
10-15-2006, 03:38 PM
Tri-state is open Nov. 4th seen it on the paper they gave out Saturday.

JIMS SVT
10-15-2006, 07:33 PM
And the 11th too.

Sharad
10-18-2006, 08:34 AM
Wow. We're close to requiring a ten second or quicker pass to get on the dozen! That's fast!

10lb 308
10-18-2006, 12:57 PM
what ever is the out come ,sure its going to be bad ass, some people might just be gitting there projects done,like my self and useing //DD//for motivation when you have to pull out you motor and rebild it!! THANKS MR. 5O :bigthumb :bigthumb

BUHBYY
10-18-2006, 01:07 PM
that brings up a question I have if you have not been apart of the DD all year but you come out on the 4th or 11th whatever day and rip off a worthy pass does that make you part of the DD or do you have to "qualify" before hand ???

10lb 308
10-18-2006, 01:29 PM
VINNIE can decide , but as far as i go i was at the spring cruze in drove from florence with about 10 of my fellow bangers, 2 of witch on dd ,wile raceing a cirten orange one:lol: my engin fuckee up, what ever dicided will find out soon now wont we???????:flipoff:

cstreu1026
10-18-2006, 01:46 PM
Wow. We're close to requiring a ten second or quicker pass to get on the dozen! That's fast!
There are a couple of 10's not listed that were run recently so yes it will take a 10.99 or better to make the list now. At least thats what it looks like to me.

BUHBYY
10-18-2006, 02:07 PM
VINNIE can decide , but as far as i go i was at the spring cruze in drove from florence with about 10 of my fellow bangers, 2 of witch on dd ,wile raceing a cirten orange one:lol: my engin fuckee up, what ever dicided will find out soon now wont we???????:flipoff:

HUH ?? I drove in the runnin of the ponys and to the fall cruise I am asking If I need to get to the track before the DD track day ???

vinny5oh
10-18-2006, 04:19 PM
Did I mention this Dirty Dozen thing was for fun?
Some of you cats take this shit serious, like it's a national sanctioned event or something. Relax, have fun. The "rules" are already posted. I really don't want to get very strict on them. I tried keeping them loose enough so any local stangbanger could get in on it at anytime.

1) Licensed, tagged, insured.
Easy enough. All 3 of these items will be checked before the final 12 are decided.

2) be an active member on this site.
You don't have to be a post whore. Show up at some events, participate in the forum and that's that. There's no membership fees, it's all free. This is just so somebody in another locale doesn't pop up on the site, post a number and expect to become part of our list.

The intent of the Dozen is to see who has the 12 fastest street legal Mustangs (or Capris :rolleyes: ) in the area. Don't make it a bigger deal than it needs to be. Unless we decide to take it to the next level, we're not going to worry about a bunch of rules, who's car is more streetable, blah, blah. Get your asses out there, have some fun, run whatcha brung and hope you brought enough. The end. :D

10lb 308
10-18-2006, 05:40 PM
You could not of put it any better, im glad there somethimg new for everbody to have to do,:bigthumb beacause its was starting to get a little dead talking to the imports about trap speeds thank. MR 50 :cool1:

Sharad
10-21-2006, 08:49 AM
#5-9 are separated by less than a tenth. #5-10 are less than a tenth and a half! I'd be heading back to the track to squeeze out that extra hundredth or two... it could move you up five places! That section of the dozen looks like a Pro Stock field.

vinny5oh
10-21-2006, 12:03 PM
Well Craig done went and F'd up the curve! :lol:
It's official, you now need to have a 10 sec street car to be close to the 12 fastest from this site. awesome.

Sharad
10-21-2006, 01:26 PM
That's incredible Vinny! Did you think going into this that you'd have to have a ten second slip to be on the dozen? I'm surrounded by some pretty quick company here at SBZ.

Maximus
10-21-2006, 01:54 PM
Well Craig done went and F'd up the curve! :lol:
It's official, you now need to have a 10 sec street car to be close to the 12 fastest from this site. awesome.

At least Im good for something:D

Sharad
10-21-2006, 03:08 PM
I DEMAND TO SEE VIDEO!!!

10lb 308
10-21-2006, 03:45 PM
craig seen your car last night wow:bigthumb had to be scary on that cold track how much money does it take to ride shot gun on a full pass:lol: :lol:

Maximus
10-22-2006, 01:24 AM
I DEMAND TO SEE VIDEO!!!

:wstupid: :bigthumb

plated
10-22-2006, 03:30 PM
looks like i'm down for the year,motor is broke:(

MFIELD
10-22-2006, 03:57 PM
looks like i'm down for the year,motor is broke:(

Me to, did a leak down test and found 100% on #1 so I pulled the head and the gasket was blown between #1 and 2 also on #3. The bad part is the head is also blown out between 1 and 2. Dont know if it can be fixed or not or if there is any damage on the other side yet, to discusted to pull it off.:mad:

plated
10-22-2006, 04:52 PM
:) that would be bad

BIZLE
10-22-2006, 05:57 PM
that sucks chris!!!
look at the bright side you scared the crap out of me before it broke!!!
let me know if i can help?

JIMS SVT
10-22-2006, 06:27 PM

Nice pic.

MFIELD
10-22-2006, 06:50 PM

WOW That does suck

KenB
10-22-2006, 07:58 PM
I've got video of Craig's runs, should be able to get it up in the next day or two.

Ken

Sharad
10-22-2006, 08:09 PM
I've got video of Craig's runs, should be able to get it up in the next day or two.

Ken

can't wait!!