PDA

View Full Version : Real Estate???

Hangingcogs
01-31-2007, 11:29 AM
Ok, so Jason and I are looking for our first home!!! We have already been screwed over by our no longer existant relator and mortgage guy.

The mortgage guy told us a smokin rate (80/20 loan) and then when we went to sign the papers and put a bid in on a home and BOOM 14.5%. So we told him to :flipoff: . We got another mortgage guy who actually knew what the hell he was doing and got a much better rate and 100% financing with little money down.

The realtor lady, I just don't think she wants to work. She doesn't ever send me NEW LISTINGS. She sends me listings once a week, that we have already driven by. She took us to see 3 houses and that's it.

We want to look at another house but don't want to go with our realtor lady. I also don't want to contact the realtor that is selling the house because I heard they will not fight for you when it is come time to put a bid in on the house.

Any helpful insights are greatly appreciated!

89notch
01-31-2007, 11:35 AM
I just refinanced my house and got 6.25fixed on a 30 FHA I would shop around. I found the best deal with national city

Pops Fun
01-31-2007, 11:45 AM
Hi
What area are you looking in. I would look for a realtor in the area ?? Also tell you realator now you no longer need there services.

Pops

Black Hole
01-31-2007, 12:11 PM
All of my (4+) realtor and (3+) mortgage contacts are on the westside.

I'll forward info if you want it though.

ADaughen
01-31-2007, 12:28 PM
Definitely find a new realtor.

Glad you got a good financer this time. F* the 80/20 bubble loans unless you don't plan on living there for <5 years or plan on refinancing.

I ended up getting lucky just using the guys that were selling the house. I knew the seller and he worked out the deal. Both the realtors for the company were pissed they didn't get more $$, but my co-worker knew what I could afford and I knew he didn't want to keep a second house over the holidays... we didn't f* around with negotiations.

mach_u
01-31-2007, 03:44 PM
PM Angie - ihave1sweetride. She is a realtor and great to work with - and on the Eastside! :bigthumb

IWRBB
01-31-2007, 05:58 PM
Definatley get a new realtor. I used Star One over on Colerain, they are huge.

When it came down to it though, I found my house on my own. The realtor just helped finalize things. You don't really need a realtor, but since you are the buyer it won't cost you anything to have one. Unless you are buying a FSBO house, in that case you could get it cheaper if you didn't have a realtor since the owner won't have to pay their fees.

Do *not* go with the realtor that the owner is using, they have loyalty to the owner, since the owner is paying their commission. It in their interest to sell the house for as much as possible (which conflicts with your interests) to maximize their commission.

Edit: I happened to check ThirdFederal's 30 yr fixed rate a week or so ago and it was right at 6&#37;. Same as it was 2 1/2 years ago.

blackgtstang
01-31-2007, 11:19 PM
My personal opinion is to go with listing agent. I bought 4 house this way and it always works in my favor. Just got to be smart about it

Black Hole
02-01-2007, 10:20 AM
Do *not* go with the realtor that the owner is using, they have loyalty to the owner, since the owner is paying their commission. It in their interest to sell the house for as much as possible (which conflicts with your interests) to maximize their commission.
There are exceptions.....

The realtor that sold me my house was also representing the sellers. BUT, she started working for me over 2 months before representing the sellers and it took me about 5 months of working with her before we settled on the house that we bought. She actually suggested us looking at the house and it took us about 2 months (and looking at over 50 houses) before we looked at it.........we offered the day we looked at it and had a binding contract within 2 days. :D

We allowed the realtor to represent both sides since she was working so hard for us for the 4+ months prior to looking at that house. I feel we got a good deal and she handled the situation very professional.

ihave1sweetride
02-01-2007, 02:43 PM
Best way to find homes is to go to the local websites, you can check mine out
www.buynow.huff.com

The majority of these houses need work, and would be a good purchase if you want to put some sweat equity in to them.

You can also link to the other house from this website, all houses that are listed currently in MLS.

My suggestions is to find the area of town you want to live, and then find a realtor that specializes in that area.

Hangingcogs
02-01-2007, 06:15 PM
www.buynow.huff.com

The majority of these houses need work, and would be a good purchase if you want to put some sweat equity in to them.

You can also link to the other house from this website, all houses that are listed currently in MLS.

My suggestions is to find the area of town you want to live, and then find a realtor that specializes in that area.

I just sent you a PM!

cstreu1026
02-01-2007, 07:17 PM
www.buynow.huff.com

Just out of curiosity what kind of time and money does it take to get your liscense?

ihave1sweetride
02-01-2007, 08:18 PM
Cameron- it depends if you go nights, through the week or weekends, nights it's like 6 weeks, week its 2 1/2 and weekends it's 10 weeks.

Cost is about $1500 i think, that all 4 classes and books.

you can check out more at www.hondros.com

Jaylynn
02-01-2007, 11:38 PM
ALL Agents really work for the seller if you think about it. It's in both agents best interest for you to pay the seller the most $, because then they both make more in commissions.

We did alot of research on our own & then mainly used an agent we picked to get us in the doors to see the houses.

One thing unrelated to the agent is a house inspection - make sure to get a good inspection done especially when buying older houses. I've seen some really sad stories on tv about people who didn't think they needed one.

95redstang
02-02-2007, 12:05 AM
ALL Agents really work for the seller if you think about it. It's in both agents best interest for you to pay the seller the most $, because then they both make more in commissions.

We did alot of research on our own & then mainly used an agent we picked to get us in the doors to see the houses.

One thing unrelated to the agent is a house inspection - make sure to get a good inspection done especially when buying older houses. I've seen some really sad stories on tv about people who didn't think they needed one.

Most mortgage companies won't even loan you money till you get the inspection...I do agree get a very reputable inspector..

DeckerEnt
02-02-2007, 12:37 AM
My house is on the market as we speak. It is in Fort Mitchell Ky in Beechwood school district. I just re signed the contract with my realator for another 6 months. The thing about Fort Mitchell is that nothing sells in this city untill summer break. It is all linked to the school. I had a lady wanting to buy my house the last 2 weeks of summer break. Then she had the whole house inspecter look at it. The a&#37;%hole inspecter scared this lady to death because I had a slate roof on the front portion of my house. Slate roofs are 100 year roofs and mine is just over 60 so another 40 years to go before she had to do anything to it. Well, we had to let her out of the contract. This sucked because by the time all this got resolved, the school year started and no one was looking in Fort Mitchell any more and the last 2 weeks of summer, my house was listed as pending so no one looked at it.
Sorry so long, but since my house didn't sell, I can't buy my mother in law's house at a really good price being a 4 br 2 bath New kitchen home in Fort Mitchell.
Keith

ADaughen
02-02-2007, 12:42 AM
Most mortgage companies won't even loan you money till you get the inspection...I do agree get a very reputable inspector..

You are correct. But there are certain things you can waive, which is probably more what the other person was talking about.

I know we waived the chimney inspection. We don't have a fireplace. :lol:

There are like 5-6 things you can waive, but there are 4-6 that are required by most lenders.

95redstang
02-02-2007, 01:13 AM
You are correct. But there are certain things you can waive, which is probably more what the other person was talking about.

I know we waived the chimney inspection. We don't have a fireplace. :lol:

There are like 5-6 things you can waive, but there are 4-6 that are required by most lenders.

That's obvious...If you don't have a fireplace then why in the hell would you need that inspected?
You might want to go back and re-read my post and then re-read your post...

ihave1sweetride
02-02-2007, 09:41 AM

This is your opinion. Not to argue... but... All the agent work really hard for both buyers and sellers, the agent is not the one that puts the numbers on the papers, it's the person selling or purchasing a home...
This is how they make there living, if you believe that your agent is not working for you, you have every right to pull from that agent and go somewhere else...

Home inspections are only good for your knowledge.... A lot of the mortgages with the exception of VA and some FHA loans are not requiring inspections. Most of the Seller will not do any repairs, especially if the house is being sold in as is condition... Beware if you are purchasing Foreclosures becuase the bank will not under any circumstance pay for inspections or fix anything if found in the inspections.

93cobra
02-02-2007, 10:31 AM
All I can suggest is: Never let your guard down on even the smallest details. I've been involved with buying & selling homes & properties almost a dozen times now & honestly was never completely satisfied with any of realtors involved. Every single one of them in one way or another was full of shit telling you what you want to hear but in reality their word was not 100&#37; in the end. I'd tell this to anyone of their faces too!! Banks anymore are even worse to work with....their full of shit too!! promising certain rates & like you said "boom" at the closing it raised and they act as if you will not notice....

ihave1sweetride
02-02-2007, 11:24 AM
I will agree with you on the banks, they always tell you one thing and do the complete opposite, my first mortgage was with PHH mortgage they are really good to work with, and i didn't have any problems with hidden cost or anything, so i would suggest them over any of the local guys.

But i will say there are actually some good real estate agent out there, the ones that take real estate as a business and not there job... the agents that are starving for money are the ones that are always feeding you stuff you don't want to hear and you will get burnt...