PDA

View Full Version : Your character weaknesses...

Paul408Notch
01-31-2007, 09:20 PM
I was just thinking about qualities I have that I should work on, and wondered how many people actually know characteristics of themselves that they should improve.

Example: I hold grudges FAR too long. If somebody pisses me off, I rarely forget about it, and it takes a serious effort on my part to let it go. When I think someone is a douchebag, they're pretty much always a douchebag until proven otherwise. And if somebody cuts me off in traffic, I have to make a conscious decision to drop it, or it'll piss me off the rest of the day. Maybe I just have a short fuse or something.

So yeah, just bored at work and thinking too much about stuff. Anybody else?

90lx
01-31-2007, 09:26 PM
anger management would do you good sounds like..... j/k lol sorry bud just my 2 cents worth LOL

bobtsgt
01-31-2007, 09:31 PM
I need to listen more. Especially to Angie :D

dedpedal
01-31-2007, 09:31 PM
Maybe you SHOULD take anger management, But I think it would just piss you off.

Rick93coupe
01-31-2007, 09:44 PM
Well, if someone cuts you off in traffic and you stay all bent out of shape over it, then you probably have other shit bothering you. Grudges are a whole other deal. I try my best not to hold a grudge, but I think its reasonable to get rid of people in your life that continually bother you. If you feel you've been done wrong and talking cant resolve it, then do yourself a favor and make sure they dont get that opportunity again.

Paul408Notch
01-31-2007, 10:20 PM
anger management would do you good sounds like..... j/k lol sorry bud just my 2 cents worth LOL

*Adds 90lx to "the list"

:lol:

plated
01-31-2007, 10:27 PM
i found out here latley that i'm to nice of a person,seeing like 93% of the people i have delt with in my lifetime has been backstabin two faced dickweeds yep i said it dickweed or nickweed if you have a hairlip:lol: so at the end of this i'm signing off saying no more mr.niceguy:nono:

mustangboy
01-31-2007, 10:37 PM
I think I'm pretty much perfect just the way I am. And gosh darn it people just like me.:rolleyes:
nickweed if you have a hairlip Now that is funny shit.:lol:

Paul408Notch
01-31-2007, 10:37 PM
I'm generally not an angry person, there are just little things that really get to me for some reason.

You guys wouldn't believe how rude the drivers here are. I've heard that this area has the rudest drivers in the country, but I don't know how true it is. There are two main things people do that piss everybody off.

1: People wait until the very last second to get over to get off of their exit. I know people do it there, but here you won't pass a single exit where you don't see it happen. It happens ALL the time.

2: The opposite of the above. Back there in Cincy, people would merge over whenever they were given the chance. If two people were sitting at a light, and the right lane ended 1000ft ahead, the person in the right lane normally floors it and tries to get in front of you. Here, nobody merges until the very last second, no matter how big the opening is. They don't even take off from the light fast. They'll just ride the white line on the right side like their car will explode if they stray 5ft from it. Doesn't matter if somebody is next to them or not, they're coming over. Onramps, lanes ending, whatever, they're going to hit you. I've come to calling it the Phoenix Merge since this is the only place I've seen it.

As far as my grudges, I guess they normally come from people trying to pull some shenanigans on me, or just from deliberately doing things they know they shouldn't.

Another example: Somebody brings in a paper every day for people to read while they're in the cafeteria. Well there's some guy in the plant that works second shift with me that steals the damn comics every day so he can do the crosswords. If you don't read that section before he gets to them, you might as well go buy your own paper. So yeah, I hold a grudge against that giant bag of douche. He could be a hell of a guy, but that one crappy thing just makes my grudge continue.

ok, I just need to shut up now or everybody will think I'm even more of a twat than I really am. :lol:

Rick93coupe
01-31-2007, 10:44 PM
[QUOTE=Paul408Notch;235969]
Another example: Somebody brings in a paper every day for people to read while they're in the cafeteria. Well there's some guy in the plant that works second shift with me that steals the damn comics every day so he can do the crosswords. If you don't read that section before he gets to them, you might as well go buy your own paper. So yeah, I hold a grudge against that giant bag of douche. He could be a hell of a guy, but that one crappy thing just makes my grudge continue.
QUOTE]

You could fix this for less than a dollar a day.:D

Timido
01-31-2007, 10:47 PM
I think I'm pretty much perfect just the way I am. And gosh darn it people just like me.:rolleyes: Now that is funny shit.:lol:

Right Bevis. Now I am just waiting for Butthead to chime in.

Metcalf Racing
02-01-2007, 12:29 AM
I was just thinking about qualities I have that I should work on, and wondered how many people actually know characteristics of themselves that they should improve.

Example: I hold grudges FAR too long. If somebody pisses me off, I rarely forget about it, and it takes a serious effort on my part to let it go. When I think someone is a douchebag, they're pretty much always a douchebag until proven otherwise. And if somebody cuts me off in traffic, I have to make a conscious decision to drop it, or it'll piss me off the rest of the day. Maybe I just have a short fuse or something.

So yeah, just bored at work and thinking too much about stuff. Anybody else?Yeah you can be a dick..LOL:lol:

Mista Bone
02-01-2007, 04:28 AM
Paul can be a dick, but Metcalf is a full fledged raging asshole!!!!!!

Opinions are like assholes, we all have one!

Myself, I've made ONE remark that I regretted on the internet, yes it was directed at Paul. It was a drunken rank, yet I still made it, regret it.

That being said.........

Paul try driving in KY, them bastards are nutso! Milford to Independence, then to Newport, back across to Western Hills. The worst drivers all have OH plates in KY, never know when those bastards gonna changes 2-3 lanes.

Gene
02-01-2007, 02:04 PM
I'm generally not an angry person...

Yes you are. :D

You need to go visit this guy:
http://www.homevideos.com/freezeframes33/AngerManagement17.jpeg

Paul408Notch
02-01-2007, 03:25 PM
Nah, I'm usually pretty calm, there are just things that I let bother me too much. It's amazing how much I've relaxed now that I'm in an area that has over 300 days of sunshine in a year.