PDA

View Full Version : dart sportsman machine work

sprayed347
02-03-2007, 10:52 PM
how much did you guys pay for machine work on dart block,what all had to be done?i know everything needs to be checked but was there any excessive machine work that needed to be done?

Silver Bullet
02-24-2007, 01:28 PM
I don't know for sure how much the machine work cost on mine.... but BES did it reasonable. The other parts and internals is what really cost. Cost depends on what you have done and who does it for you. It will be worth it in the end. Just call a machine shop of your choice.... and get a quote.

NXcoupe
02-24-2007, 02:04 PM
I have mine in the process currently. With any new block you want to align hone it, deck it parallel to the mains, and equidistant to the centerline of the crank, and then bore and torqueplate hone it. You should be able to get the align hone for 200, decked for 150, bore and torque plate honed for 200 to 250, plus cam bearing, cleaning and core plug install. If you want to go on the cheap, just hone it out to std bore. But if you are spending all that money on a block, why half ass it? Just the way I look at it.

Timido
02-24-2007, 10:04 PM
Sounds like you would have about as much machine work in a Dart block as a stock block build.

NXcoupe
02-26-2007, 03:45 PM
Yep, to do it right, but just to get it together, you can trust Dart's mass production machine work. It's probably pretty close. they claim all you do is hone to fit your std bore pistons, but if you want the most hp you can get, it starts with the block machine work being perfect.