PDA

View Full Version : F'IN CHAPPED SKIN! I HATE WINTER!

85_SS_302_Coupe
02-05-2007, 10:59 AM
:mad: << that damn smiley doesn't even come close!

I haven't even spent any time outdoors, no longer than just going to and from the car, to and from a store and so on, but i'm so damn chapped from the cold weather that my whole body feels burned. My hands are RAW on top and my legs are fried. My lips feel like i've been punched in the mouth repeatedly by an angry UFC fighter. Lotion only makes it burn like a MF'er and showering just dries it out even worse :(

I'm soooooo ready for spring. Too bad that whole global warming thing is melting the ice caps and pushing temps in record highs huh? :HYF: stupid hippies.

Holly
02-05-2007, 11:26 AM
Carmex is your friend. ;)

Supposed to get some snow tomorrow, looks like it might be the most snow so far, this year. :rolleyes: I already told them here at work, when it starts, I'm outta here. Last two times it started in the middle of the day, it took me 2+ hours to get home. :mad:

85_SS_302_Coupe
02-05-2007, 11:27 AM
Yeah i've got a stick in my coat pocket but that only helps the lips. My hands are the worst....they look like they've been burned by steam. Lotion just sets them on fire :(

Gene
02-05-2007, 11:47 AM
Supposed to get some snow tomorrow, looks like it might be the most snow so far, this year. :rolleyes: I already told them here at work, when it starts, I'm outta here. Last two times it started in the middle of the day, it took me 2+ hours to get home. :mad:

Great. I have a busy afternoon tomorrow. I assume you're talking about the December 2004 snow right before Christmas? It took me 4 hours and I had an AWD car at the time.

I'm lucky, I don't get chapped lips/skin for some reason. Go figure.

Hangingcogs
02-05-2007, 11:49 AM
My hands are the worst....they look like they've been burned by steam. Lotion just sets them on fire :(

Go buy yourself some Eucerin. It is a little pricey, but, it works. It is thicker than lotion, doesn't smell and it won't burn.

95redstang
02-05-2007, 11:55 AM
Go buy yourself some Eucerin. It is a little pricey, but, it works. It is thicker than lotion, doesn't smell and it won't burn.

That's what we use to use on my girls..They have exema(?)..They oldest one has it the worst...Now use use something even stronger..It's a mix of aqua 4 and hydrocortizone...That is some mean shit..Only bad thing is when I put it on the girls after their baths it takes a few times of washing your hands to get rid of it....

5.0calypso93lx
02-05-2007, 12:43 PM
:mad: << that damn smiley doesn't even come close!

I haven't even spent any time outdoors, no longer than just going to and from the car, to and from a store and so on, but i'm so damn chapped from the cold weather that my whole body feels burned. My hands are RAW on top and my legs are fried. My lips feel like i've been punched in the mouth repeatedly by an angry UFC fighter. Lotion only makes it burn like a MF'er and showering just dries it out even worse :(

I'm soooooo ready for spring. Too bad that whole global warming thing is melting the ice caps and pushing temps in record highs huh? :HYF: stupid hippies.

Not to sound extremely gay, but my dermotologist recomended the yellow topped Dove body wash stuff, for extra dry skin, and it worked awesome.

Black Horse
02-05-2007, 01:24 PM
You might try some of that Olean mentioned in another thread.....it doesn't seem to ever come off ;)

85_SS_302_Coupe
02-05-2007, 08:04 PM
You might try some of that Olean mentioned in another thread.....it doesn't seem to ever come off ;)

So you mean, like i should crumble up some fat free pringles and rub my hands with'em? :lol:

mustang8998
02-05-2007, 08:06 PM
I like to use "Udder Cream", on my hands. It seems to do the job rather well. It's kinda greasy feeling at first, but within 5 minutes, my hands feel much better. And I only use it, when my hands get really dry, not everyday.

I've tried Eucerin, Cornhuskers and several others I can't think of, but this stuff works the best, IMO.

wild87stang
02-05-2007, 08:15 PM
Try some corn huskers!:bigthumb I work in this crappy weather but im luckey to only have chaped lips!

'92Stang
02-05-2007, 08:32 PM
Damn we sound like women.....But, try puttin' udder cream on your hands(pretty thick) before bedtime and then put on some surgical/rubber gloves. Woked for me:bigthumb

85_SS_302_Coupe
02-06-2007, 09:48 AM
My problem is that i use Gojo about 12 times a day and the shop i work in is cold as hell in the winter. Being Irish and fair skinned doesn't help either.

IWRBB
02-06-2007, 06:31 PM
Do you have a humidifer on your furnace? You can get a whole house automatic setup for about $250. Takes some effort to install, but it's not too bad.
http://www.filtersamerica.com/humidifier/whole-house-humidifier/aprilaire-humidifiers/install_aprilaire_humidifier.cfm

I turned mine off since it's broken, so I'm running a portable one for now until I replace the whole HVAC system. The portable one went though over a gallon of water in 4 hours today set on max.