PDA

View Full Version : Vinnys gone.

Pages : [1] 2

Maximus
02-07-2007, 01:39 PM
Unfourtnately, Im Serious.

Im in a severe state of denial, but my best friend is gone. He had a Heart attack and is gone....

Sorry Im pretty fucked up and I just wanted to let all his friends know.

More details will be posted as I find out more.

Please send out all your prayers to Holly and Amanda as well as Vinnys family...

REST IN PEACE BUDDY!!!

I MISS YOU ALREADY.:(

theyallslow
02-07-2007, 01:44 PM
is this an early april fools joke?

Kwik92GT
02-07-2007, 01:45 PM
I'm speechless. I really have no words. Godspeed to one of the true good guys. I'll miss ya bro.

Prayers and condolences to Holly, and all of Vin's family/friends.

RIP

bestracing
02-07-2007, 01:47 PM
OH god.......

Tell me this isn't true.

words just can't convey the feelings I have right now

Maximus
02-07-2007, 01:49 PM
Its Fucking TRUE. I M NOT FUCKING KIDDING!!!!
:(

theyallslow
02-07-2007, 01:49 PM
i am sorry for my "early april fools joke" comment.

bobtsgt
02-07-2007, 01:53 PM
:eek: oh my god. my prayers are with Holly and Amanda.:(

Kevin Doe
02-07-2007, 01:53 PM
Sorry to hear that. I didn't personally know Vinny, but if he's the person I'm picturing in my head he was really young looking (in his 30s?). Either way, sorry about your loss, and his families.

Mr.Moontang
02-07-2007, 01:55 PM
Oh my god I dont know what to say.... I am here for you Holly if you need anything!!!

93Snakebite
02-07-2007, 02:03 PM
No fing way...I'm speechless. Is there anyway this isn't correct info??!
prayers and thoughts for Vin's family. God bless.

dedpedal
02-07-2007, 02:03 PM
Ive ben at a loss for words since I first heard. Vinny is one of my best friends. Things just wont be the same without him. Holly, if you need anything, just let us know. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
kev

87poopcoupe
02-07-2007, 02:04 PM
wow ... i had to read this several times...

rest in peace

we all know he will be wearin his stangbangerz hat in heaven !..........

holly you know we will all mis him , and we're all here for you....

CAPRISTANG
02-07-2007, 02:05 PM
I just don't believe it... I'm so sorry for you're loss Holly if you need anything just get with me. Rest in piece Vinny you're gona be missed..

RACEME
02-07-2007, 02:07 PM
I am still at a loss for words. Godspeed Vinny!

BIGRED Z
02-07-2007, 02:07 PM
How? He was so young. I'm so sorry Holly. So sorry to everyone who knew him. What a loss.

Lori

CinciCobra
02-07-2007, 02:08 PM
...........I don't know what to say!!!! I wish this were a joke or something!

Holly and Junior 5.0, I am so sorry!

ibstrokin
02-07-2007, 02:09 PM
I'm floored,93 hulk,91lxnos and I just had lunch w/him sunday, he seemed fine. I didnt know him really well, but I liked him and enjoyed talking to him. I will definetely miss him. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. Please let me know when all the arrangements are made.

JonS
I am too shocked to type much, RIP dude

Rick93coupe
:( My condolences to Vinny's family, I'm so sorry to hear this. If there's anything I can do for you guys, don't hesitate to let me know.

RIP buddy.

Pops Fun
My thoughts and prayers are with you Holly and Amanda... anything at all, just let me know!!

Steve

Carl
02-07-2007, 02:10 PM
RIP Vinny. We miss you guy.

ihave1sweetride
02-07-2007, 02:11 PM
I don't even know what to say! Holly if you or Amanda need anything please don't hesistate to ask.

We will all miss Vinny!!

FoxEgirl
02-07-2007, 02:12 PM
I dont knw what to say. I am in shock. Vinny - Eternal rest grant you, O Lord, and Let Perpertual Light Shine Upon You. May You Rest In Peace.

Holly and to the family - You are in my prayers.

bestracing
02-07-2007, 02:12 PM
I can't express in words the way I feel right now and I know it's no where near the sorrow that his close friends and family are feeling. My prayers and thoughts go out to his family and friends through this tough time.

NTMID8
02-07-2007, 02:13 PM
This is so tragic and shoking to hear. Vinny was a great guy. He will be missed greatly. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family, and all of those who called Vinny friend.

Camaro86SHOCKER
02-07-2007, 02:14 PM
This is really messed up, I almost cant believe it. Couldnt have happened to a more kind and great guy.
You will be missed.

Metcalf Racing
02-07-2007, 02:15 PM
I hate to hear this. Vinny has been a friend of mine for many years. I also want to send my condolences to Vinny's family. Sorry Holly

Gearhead
02-07-2007, 02:16 PM
Wow, I am at a total loss for words right now :( . I am very sorry to hear this, he was one of the nicest people I've ever met, he will be missed ....

Scott

PonymanfiveO
02-07-2007, 02:17 PM
somebody better fucking call me!!!!!!!!!

Mike
02-07-2007, 02:19 PM
Holy shit.

Vinny was one of the first car people I met, definetely someone I've always looked up to, respected, and looked forward to knowing for a long time.

RIP and all my thoughts will be with his family.

snotzs135
02-07-2007, 02:20 PM
I sorry to hear this as well my condolences to his family.

FoxEgirl
02-07-2007, 02:22 PM
When are the services?

H82WRK
02-07-2007, 02:23 PM
I don't know what to say, Joe told me. I am so sorry, my condolences to his loved ones.

nkystanger
02-07-2007, 02:25 PM
Damn, this is terrible news.

RIP Vinny

bangingears
02-07-2007, 02:28 PM
man, what a loss.........what a great person

Camaro86SHOCKER
02-07-2007, 02:30 PM
the funeral procession will have 500 mustangs with flags on them and 1 camaro....RIP buddy, things wont be the same without you.

HRSEPWR
02-07-2007, 02:30 PM

I didn't know Vinny personally but I feel as if I have as goes the same for alot of Stangbangerz, from reading the posts and getting a feel of everyones personality from these forums. From what I gathered of Vinny, he seemed nice, well liked, and I am sure all of us here will miss him greatly. It's so sad to hear this, no one should have to face this tragedy, my prayers are with the family and friends of Vinny.

REST IN PEACE VINNY!!
May God be with you, and your family through this tough time in life...

Paul408Notch
02-07-2007, 02:39 PM
I don't even know what I can say. I'm so sorry.

Vinny was one of my best friends, and one of the greatest people I've ever known. I'll always remember him.

I feel helpless being all the way out here, but if there's something I could do to help, I would.

90BLACKlx
02-07-2007, 02:39 PM
I really didnt know him except for on this site. i hate that this has happened.

my prayers go out to his friends and family.

95turbocharged
02-07-2007, 02:40 PM
wow!!! I just met vinny for the first time about 3 weeks and he was a great guy!!! he helped me out with out even knowing me i have nothing but respect for him and his family. my condolences go to holly and amanda. sorry for you loss please let me know if you need anything. I am sure everyone who knew him will be there for you,

plated
02-07-2007, 02:45 PM
it'd just too hard to believe,he was just telling me over the weekend how his fathers side of the family has heart problems and that it scared him.i still am in shock.i was just getting to know vinny as a friend,always be missed

slvr87cpe
02-07-2007, 02:46 PM
rip bud!!you will be missed in this world by all of us here :angel:

Hangingcogs
02-07-2007, 02:47 PM
I am in shock.

Holly if there is anything you need, let us know.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. :angel: Your extended family is here to help you through this tragic time.

Ranger50
02-07-2007, 02:52 PM
I can't even express in words right now....

Godspeed.

B

mach_u
02-07-2007, 02:55 PM
I'm reading it but I just don't believe it... BobT called me and told me the news a little bit ago. I'm completely in shock. Holly if you need ANYTHING do not hesitate to ask!

orangedemon331
02-07-2007, 02:55 PM
Dude I cant fu@#king believe that I am reading this right now, I just saw him yesterday!! I dont even know what to say right now, this has gort to be one of the worst things to happen to one of the best people in the world!! If anyone needs anything I am here for who ever needs it, He started this famly and this family will stick together, all prayers go out to Holly and Family!! Ray

ponyboystroker
02-07-2007, 02:56 PM
I can't believe it, this sucks! Vinny was one of the nicest and coolest Mustang people that I have ever met. He will be missed immensely.

R.I.P. Stangbangerz King.

Black Horse
02-07-2007, 02:56 PM
The phone rang a bit ago and I heard the news......I am absolutely stunned.
Shovelling fucking snow.....too young, too fucking young.

Holly, Amanda and anyone else needing a thought or a prayer...your extended family is here thinking and praying for you. Let us know if you need ANYTHING.

Vinny, you will be missed - definately one of a kind.

Black92LX
02-07-2007, 02:58 PM
my prayers and condolences!

stroked4eyes
02-07-2007, 03:02 PM

Please post up when and whee services are going to be.

RyanR
02-07-2007, 03:03 PM
Saturday was the first time ive really met vinny and talked to him but a super nice guy and just cant believe this my prayers are with his family

NO SHOT
02-07-2007, 03:04 PM
I Didnt know Vinny as good as the rest of you guys, but I still am left speachless.Terrible news God bless his family and all who loved him.

ihave1sweetride
02-07-2007, 03:04 PM
Has anyone talked to Holly or Amanda to make sure they are doing alright??

Mr.Moontang
02-07-2007, 03:06 PM

I have sent a pm to her but I haven't wanted to bug her yet...

KenB
I'm at a loss for words. I wouldn't know anyone here or be into Mustangs if it wasn't for Vinny. Holly/Amanda, if you guys need ANYTHING, just let us know. For now, I'm in shock.

Ken & Brandi

REDHOTGTGIRL
I am so shocked! Holly and Amanda, I am so sorry! You have our complete support and sympathy. I am praying for you and your families for strength and comfort. AJ and I are here if you need absolutely anything.

untamed
02-07-2007, 03:07 PM
Unbelievable! Vinny was one of the nicest people you could ever meet. It didnt matter what you needed he was always there to help you out. I am so sorry Holly. He will be greatly missed by everyone who's life he touched. What a sad sad day.:(

Black Horse
02-07-2007, 03:09 PM

I understand Holly went to stay at her sisters and Amanda is with her mother. Amanda is pretty torn up to say the least, she is having a tough time dealing with it all right now.

plated
02-07-2007, 03:10 PM
vinny was out in the garage with me friday night just me and him,we got into the subject of health and family and friends passing away,we were on the subject for awhile,he was telling me his dads side of the family has heart problems and that it scares him,but he never said anything has happend to him no signs anyway,i am in just disbelief right now,expecially after us having the conversation,we all wanted to see the vinny out on the track this summer,his idea of passing he told me would be at the end of the 1/4 mile @150 plus.i just find it so odd we were in such a deep conversation about,it freaks me out,thats the god's honest truth..RIP BUDDY.i'll see you on the other side.......i will never talk about death again for as long as i live......you were a very well like and loved by lots of people................

Evil_Capri
02-07-2007, 03:14 PM
WTF?!?

I'm shocked and saddened all at the same time. RIP! Thoughts and prayers with ALL Vinnys family and friends!

I'm glad to have known you and I'm a better person for it!

I'm so sorry . . .

95redstang
02-07-2007, 03:16 PM
Unbelievable!! I met Vinny for the first time a couple weeks ago at Cincy Speed..He was a very nice guy.. Me and 331twistedwedge were just talking with him about making some brackets for my car...I'm very sorry to hear the news...

5.0calypso93lx
02-07-2007, 03:16 PM
Wow, my heart is still in my feet. PLEASE post up the service times whenever anyone finds out. I owe a great deal of respect to that man.

Xuzhu
02-07-2007, 03:18 PM
I didn't know Vinny all that well, but I would consider him a friend. He was one person I really looked up to and admired, and it's completely shocking to hear this. :( My thoughts are with everyone experiencing the loss right now.

RDS02Stang
02-07-2007, 03:18 PM
This is truly a sad, sad, sad day in the Mustang World :(

Amanda and Holly - may Gods comfort and Peace be with you in coming days. Rest knowing that Vinny is a truly wonderful man, father and friend.

In my dealings with Vinny he always had the best intentions for everyone - just late last night he PMd me about some decals I wanted and as normal he was going to go out of his way to help me.

I know Amanda and Holly the pain and loss you are feeling, I am a stranger but if you care to chat or vent - please feel free to contact me - I will drive anywhere to lend an ear.

You all are truly loved on this site and Vinny is going to be greatly missed.

I would be more than willing to organize a tribute rally for Vinny - just let me know. I may no longer have a Mustang but I will locate one to participate.

Vinny - friend, Rest in Piece and be assured your loved ones will be taken care of :angel:

91lxnos
02-07-2007, 03:22 PM
"In a complex world simple truths are all that remain" Simply put Vinny was a man with a big heart and alot of integrity, we were at Hooters Sunday talking about the upcoming season and the spring cruise with (Mark)93hulk,(Brian)IBSTROKIN,and myself (Doug)91lxnos. Great guy, will be deeply missed
RIP Vinny (I'm sure God has one bad stang waiting for you)

Go rest high on that mountain
Son your work on earth is done
Go to heaven a shoutin
Love for the father and the son
"Vince Gill"

FMGT1999
02-07-2007, 03:26 PM
I am in shock!

I am so sorry to hear this news, Vinny was my friend and like a brother to me we shared a lot of good times together and I for one can say that there will be a hole in my heart where his friendship once lived and now is filled with his memories.

Holly, if there is any thing you need or I can help out with just call me and I will do what i can.

RIP...Vinny you will be missed and never forgotten!

Kyle

Mista Bone
02-07-2007, 03:39 PM
Another hot rodder gone.......

RIP my friend......

Holly and Amanda, you need anything, everyone is here to help however we can.

kennebellcobra
02-07-2007, 03:42 PM
Just got a call from Dave and I can hardly believe it. I've met Vinny a few times and he always had a way of making me few like I've know him for years. He was a great person and has impacted my life just by the few times we have talked. My thoughts and prayers are with him, his family and all the Stangbangerz that were close to him. He will be missed by many many people.

Black Hole
02-07-2007, 03:43 PM
I'm at a loss for words! :(

I'm staring at the computer screen and I don't know what to do or say...

Holly and Amanda, if you need anything don't hesitate to call.

90lx
02-07-2007, 03:44 PM
I am so sorry to hear this.... I knew Vinny from the site and hung out a few times at QSL... Vinny you are a great person and one of the best guys I ever meet. The way you would talk to someone made it easy to talk, it was like you have known them for years.. You would help anyone if you could... It's sad to hear this and even harder to believe.....

my prayers to Holly and the family Vinny loved so much

LXEnvy1990
02-07-2007, 03:46 PM
Oh my god........ This is unbelievable! I was just talking to him the other day at cincy speed about those valve covers he made!

Vinny was someone i looked up to. Not only as a SBZ but as a all around good/great guy! I'm at a lost for words! You will allway's be with us Vinny! I will definitely see you again one day!
Love you allways brother!
-Josh

Rich
02-07-2007, 03:47 PM
I don't know what to say. Vinny was one of the coolest, most genuine people I've ever meet.

Holly, I am very sorry, I can't imagine what you are feeling right now. If you need anything up here in Dayton, please let me know.

Godspeed Vinny...

vrtical
My condolences to Holly and family. I can't believe it. All the time I have hung out with Vinny, they have been great. He will be missed.

noslo50stang
Vinny will truley be missed by us all I am sure.

I'm sorry for your loss Holly.

89notch
02-07-2007, 03:49 PM
I'm so sorry Holly Vinny will be missed very much by all.

SMOKE
02-07-2007, 03:55 PM
Oh my God, I am floored by this news. Holly, I am SO SORRY for your loss and if you need anything, don't be afraid to ask this extended family you have here. I never ran into Vinny without him in a great mood and excited to talk to me, and I have gained a lot of friends through the stangbangerz community. I'm at a loss for words... :(

jlt2006
02-07-2007, 04:06 PM
Vinny, you will be missed by all that knew you.

This just isn't fair.

You are one of the best. God bless.

Sorry for your loss Hollyand Amanda.

Bluecrew07
02-07-2007, 04:06 PM
Vinny You will be missed dearly by all your friends on Stangbangerz, you Are a great friend and such a kind person. You are a great roll model for anyone to have!:(

No one will ever Forget you! Rest in Peace buddy, You are already Missed So much! This site and all of the cars will be in your memory. I miss you Vinny

331TwistedWedge
02-07-2007, 04:09 PM
I just want to say i'm very sorry for the tragic news ... My heart goes out to his "family & closest friends" because they are the ones suffering ... When you hear of such devastating instances - I truly feel "only the good die young"! ... Anything I can do for anyone, i'm right here! ... Just by reading everyones thoughts and reactions, this was one helluva guy ... RIP Vinny5OH ..........

RADIALPRINCESS
02-07-2007, 04:11 PM
I cannot believe he's gone...

Rest in Peace... you're missed by many!

Holly, if you need anything, please call.

JASON408
02-07-2007, 04:14 PM
Im so shocked!! i dont even know what to say . I am so sorry for holly and amanda . My prayers go out to you both . I was just thinking to my self vinny never texted me back this morning when i got the call . He was i good man who will be missed by all .I wish i could say something but im at a loss for words. Everyone who knew him was better for it.

Qtr milerocket
02-07-2007, 04:14 PM
What a tragic loss we have just experienced of a genuinely all around good man named Vinny. I never had the chance to meet Vinny's wife in person, but to her and her family I extend my deepest sympathy and condolences.

Peace :(

James

barkey
02-07-2007, 04:16 PM
Rip Vinny sorry for your loss Holly

mustangoutlaw
02-07-2007, 04:19 PM
My Thoughts and prayers go out to you Holly & Amanda and the Family!!!:(

93 coupe
02-07-2007, 04:22 PM
It is truely a sad day.. Rest my friend, our prayer's go to your wife, daughter, and your family. It's SO hard to grasp what has happened!:(

GTTurbo88
02-07-2007, 04:23 PM
I know most of you dont get along with me and my brother (This is Ackbar BTW) but to say I am stunned is a major understatement. Me and Scott wish to extend our condolences to the family. Peace be with you bro :(

beefcake
02-07-2007, 04:48 PM
i just got a call a few minutes ago, internet was down at work all day, i am flabergasted,

me, vinny, and holly just had wings last wednesday and was looking forward to wings with them again tonight

i just can't believe it

i can't even think clear enough to type

holly, let me know if you need anything

Sharad
02-07-2007, 04:54 PM
I can't believe this. I just can't believe this. It's not right.

Vinny truly is/was an amazing person. I don't know ANYONE else that has the ability to bring so many different people together. Such a good guy. Got along with everybody.

I just can't believe this.

Obviously, we need to paypal some money to Holly. Are we using the Stangbangerz paypal for this?

How about the car? Can we finish it for Holly? Can we get it featured in 5.0 "in memory of" or something like that? Maybe do something in conjunction with the Ohio NMRA race?

This is killing me. I just don't know what to say. I'm sorry.

Florida Dave
02-07-2007, 04:54 PM
I am at a total loss for words...Holly I am so sorry.
I know it's been said a thousand times already...but please if Janet or I can do anything let us know.
We have all lost a truly sincere and great friend :'(
Godspeed my brother
Dave

nkystanger
02-07-2007, 04:56 PM
Obviously, we need to paypal some money to Holly. Are we using the Stangbangerz paypal for this?

Craig is taking the donations as of now.

http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28535

Mike
02-07-2007, 04:56 PM
I'm completely in shock. Holly if you need ANYTHING do not hesitate to ask!

x2. Hit me up with anything I can help with.

RIXXX93GT
02-07-2007, 04:57 PM
Just heard this tragic news. I extend my sincere condolances to his family and friends. Please let us know the arrangements and Im posative the Dayton Mustang community would be more than willing to participate in any memorial befitting a man clearly loved and liked by so many.

Black Hole
02-07-2007, 04:58 PM
Are we using the Stangbangerz paypal for this?

I don't know if Holly had access to Vinny's account.....hopefully she does, but Craig is taking donations at qwkcars@aol.com

xspeed02
02-07-2007, 05:01 PM
I just read about this on the dayton forums. I'm so sorry to hear this. I never got to meet Vinny since I rarely made it down that way, but I remember all the times he offered to help me out when I had my old 90 GT. RIP Vinny, you were a great dude.

true
02-07-2007, 05:03 PM
you will be missed my friend :( thoughts and prayers holly.

Hot Rod
02-07-2007, 05:03 PM
OMG! I read this on CSS and redirected here. When I saw Craig post it, it jerked a tear outta me immediately. I didn't get to know Vinny deeply on a personal level but he was always fun to be around a great sort of character. I'm very sorry to hear this and this is quite the shocker for me!

mustangchick
02-07-2007, 05:06 PM
Oh my gosh....I am sorry for your loss...thoughts and prayers to everyone

Motorvation
02-07-2007, 05:09 PM
I've never even met Vinny, and It doesn't seem real. I regret not ever having met him. Seemed like a really great guy! He had so much going on, it's hard to express my thoughts, but my heart goes out to all of his friends and family. I'll keep you all in my prayers.

Hangingcogs
02-07-2007, 05:12 PM
How about the car? Can we finish it for Holly? Can we get it featured in 5.0 "in memory of" or something like that? Maybe do something in conjunction with the Ohio NMRA race?

I was thinking the same thing! His car needs to be finished!

charlie
02-07-2007, 05:14 PM

Vinny was a great guy. A true asset to the car scene and humanity in general is gone. RIP buddy.

Yellow01stang
02-07-2007, 05:17 PM
Sucks to hear about this..My thoughts and prayers are with all of his friends and family...

OrangeStang04
02-07-2007, 05:29 PM
I can say that I was not as close to Vinny as most of the people who had known him for years, but in the times that I had been around him he makes you feel like you have been friends for years. I got a phone call from Bobby earlier today and couldn't believe what had happened... Vinny was too young and too good a person for something like this to happen to!!

I along with many others on this forum have a lot to thank him for... I wouldn't know some of my closest friends without this thing that he created...

Holly my prayers go out to you and Amanda for your loss... you both have one of the greatest support blankets to fall back on with the family that VINNY created here!!

cobra_SVT_Girl
02-07-2007, 05:32 PM
Words cannot express my deepest sorrow for such a wonderful family. Vinny was an incredible human being. My sincerest condolences to Vinny's wonderful family. I'm utterly speechless at this point. My heart goes out to all of his close friends as well as I know this will be hard to recover from.

Gregg@TFS
02-07-2007, 05:51 PM
I can't speak for Holly and what she is feeling right now. But I will say this. From all of us in the Changet family, I want to thank all of you for your kind words!!

Vinny was one of kind and we all loved him very much, I wish I could express how much each and everyone of the members of this board ment to him. He loved you guys very much! He would want you guys to remember one thing..........:sbowns:

8NO4CYL
02-07-2007, 05:53 PM
Even after reading this is seems like a bad dream. I feel so bad for Holly and his family. What a terrible loss, words don't explain........:(

plated
02-07-2007, 05:57 PM
I was thinking the same thing! His car needs to be finished!they may need sell it,he also has a daughter i'm sure they will need any extra money right now,but we all can lend a hand on getting the black coupe standing tall on all fours for holly and vinny.just a suggestion? although he'd love to see the gt hit the 1/4 mile just for him..he seamed more excited about getting the coupe looking and running good

MsBlkramair
02-07-2007, 06:01 PM
I don't know what to say. I was on the phone talking to my mom when pulled up this website...........and I went completely speechless. I didn't believe it at first. As I am reading everyone's post, I started crying. It finally sunk in how real this is. Vinny was a wonderful guy. He could light up a room just by walking in it. He paved the way for me, and others, to make some everlasting friendships. Holly is a wonderful woman and I am truely hurting for her and Amanda. This is no way to lose your husband, or your father. I am happy that Holly and Vinny finally married last spring, and at least got to spend some time together as husband and wife before this trajedy happened. Thank you for including all of in your lives. In are in all of our hearts and prayers right now. Please don't hesitate asking for everyone's help. They are all there for you!

Post up any service information as it gets planned. Again, I am so sorry.

Cherry Blossom
02-07-2007, 06:02 PM
I remember one of the first times I met Vinny - Hooters. Scott was dragging me to car club meetings one after another. I was always prepared with a book. Vinny, sitting directly across from me, stuck his hand into the book I was reading and said something totally off the wall. I don't remember what it was but I do remember thinking that this guy is totally off his rocker and I loved him from that moment on.....

I never got a chance to thank him for this silly place most of us (especially Scott) call home/family. So Holly, thank you for giving up precious private time with Vinny so that he could create this place we all call home. What a great gift he has left all of us - his friendship, memories and this board!!!

Rest in Peace Vinny, Rest in Peace....

ponyboystroker
02-07-2007, 06:07 PM
they may need sell it,he also has a daughter i'm sure they will need any extra money right now,but we all can lend a hand on getting the black coupe standing tall on all fours for holly and vinny.just a suggestion? although he'd love to see the gt hit the 1/4 mile just for him..he seamed more excited about getting the coupe looking and running good

I think it would be an awesome tribute to put his race car down the 1/4 mile, but I would totally understand if the family could use the money.

It would also be cool if we could set up some kind of memorial day at one of the race tracks.

WhiteT
02-07-2007, 06:09 PM
I never met Vinny, but seems like he has touched many lives from reading these posts.

My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family. RIP Vinny.

Blue97GT
02-07-2007, 06:19 PM
I never met Vinny, never even spoke to him, just heard of him around here on the forum, and knew he created this family. I wish I would have met him. Him always talking about cars on here and the racing season coming up made me want to get into racing and doing something with my car. I thought I'd get to meet him at the track this season and get to know him, because he knew his stuff and wouldn't be afraid to help out anyone in need. I'm sorry I didnt get to meet him. I now know just how much I'm missing out right now. I extend my prayers to Holly and his family, even though we've never met, but I wanted so much to be a part of this group, now it seems like a big chunk of it is missing. I'm sorry for the loss.

As for his car, I know I have no say about anything since I never met him but just a suggestion, but what about finishing it for him with some donated funds and having one of his closest friends or even Holly run it down the 1/4 mile one last time and then auction it off if the family needs the money? Just an idea...

79fairmont
02-07-2007, 06:32 PM
Never met him in person either but talked to him on here a bit. If there's anything I can do let me know. My regaurds to his family.

tysaxon
02-07-2007, 06:33 PM
i cant believe i had to just read this :(

Vinny was one of the very few people that i could look forward to seeing at certain events. Vinny was a great man, and will be greatly missed. If theres anything i can do to help, please let me know.

wow.............im really at a loss for words...... :(

-Ty

DonL
02-07-2007, 06:35 PM
I'm in shock over this - Vinny was one of the good guys... RIP my friend...

Don

BK50
02-07-2007, 06:42 PM
THIS TOTALLY SUCKS..... I am SO SORRY to hear this, I just got home and, I can't believe this.... Vinny was such an awesome person, everyone whom ever was lucky enough to get know/met him knows how true this was. He loved his family so much and life itself..... He told me in Columbus a few years back that Holly was the one that made him.... Damn what a very sad day..... If I can help out in anyway please let me know.... Holly and Amanda and the rest of the family I am truely so sorry for your loss....

Godspeed Vinny....

Bill

cquist
02-07-2007, 06:48 PM
I am a NOOB and didnt know Vinny. I am very sorry for your guys loss. Vinny sounded like a great person from all I have read here. Do something to homor him. An annual track day in his name. Maybe even with donations to his daughter for future schooling at each event. Also you guys all owe it to your loved ones to learn CPR and basic first aid if you dont know it already. It is not expensive, easy to learn, and may make a difference to someone anf=d their family one day. Rest in peace!

RI85GT
02-07-2007, 06:50 PM
Vinny was the kindest guy. He always welcomed me as if I had known him forever. I only wish I could have known him better.

Not too sure what else to say......My heart goes out to Holly and his family. If you need ANYTHING just ask.

R.I.P. My friend :(

rogers
02-07-2007, 06:59 PM
my deepest sympathy too. he was always good to me and was there when i need to talk. rest in peace bro my thoughts are with his family. the mustang world lost a good person.

venomous_svt
02-07-2007, 07:07 PM
OMG! I just talked to him on the pm the other day...this is unreal! We have to do something. I never got to meet him in person. But, I was looking forward to it when I got my cobra out this spring. My family is keeping him and his family in our thoughts and prayers.

RIP Vin!

steven

silver347
02-07-2007, 07:13 PM
didnt personally know him but my prayers are with the family. we talked several times thru PM's and such and he was a very understanding, considerate guy. To be gone at such a young age and for him to be in, what looked like, good shape is unbelievable.

Rest In Peace

God Bless the Family

TheRunyan
02-07-2007, 07:13 PM
I'm at a total loss for words and busted up. Vinny was one of the nicest guys I've ever met.

ruby71oh
02-07-2007, 07:25 PM
Thanks to everyone for their thoughts. Please keep Holly and Amanda in your thoughts and prayers. My brother enjoyed having many friends and few enimies. As I have read the posts on here, I see many respected him as a friend and loved his as a brother. He will definitely be missed by all of you and I can truely say that I am still in disbelief. If the one you love is nearby, tell them you love them. If your family is a phone call away, call and chat for a minute. If you just kicked the dog, he might've deserved it, but give him a pat on the head. I'm sure I will meet many of you at the calling hours and thank you for all that you have done for my brother, the many fun times you had with him, and relish the memories that have been made.
peace out bubba
sista5oh

93hulk
02-07-2007, 07:28 PM
I cant believe this has happend. I was just hanging out with him a couple days ago and now hes gone. Im really glad to have gotton to know Vinny. he is a super person. Rest in Peace Vinny. My heart goes out to Holly and all his loved ones.:(

cstreu1026
02-07-2007, 07:37 PM
I am pretty much speechless right now. I found out at work when I called Jeff88coupe to ask him a question. It was tough to get through the rest of the day and its even tough for me to look at this site right now. My heart goes out to Holly, Amanda, and the rest of Vinny's family. Few people could make a person feel as welcome as Vinny could. Its a terrible loss for this community as well as the world and he will most certainly be missed. :(

ricmcusa
02-07-2007, 07:37 PM
You will be missed Vinny. Your family is in my prayers. I can only imagine how they feel. I am just shocked.

Foxxx5oh
02-07-2007, 07:39 PM
oh my god...Holly, i am so sorry t ohear this, theres nothing that i could say about Vinny that hasnt already been said at least twice, i don't care what time or day the service is, but i will do my best to come down for it. Someone like Vinny, who has made an impact in so many lives DEFINITELY will not be forgotten...the next mustang i have will be dedicated to him, i looked up to his GT when it had the blower on it, thats how i wanted my GT...i am extremely sorry to hear this, and even though im not the closest member, if you need anything, do not hesitate to call (317)777-8471

Andy (or Andell as Vinny would say)

93gtstang
02-07-2007, 07:47 PM
Geez Im soo sorry holly and amanda, i didnt know you and only met vinny one time but he was very helpful to me and a great guy, Im very sorry and will keep you in my prayers, If you need anything anything at all let me know, I will be thinking of you and vinny. When i read this i thought it was a joke and as i read more i got chills, im verry sorry i know you dont know me but as i said if you need anything call me (513)310-0523
Sorry
Brandon

Gene
02-07-2007, 07:47 PM
I don't know what to say. I've been feeling like I was kicked in the stomach since I heard the news.

Holly, if you need anything, call.

RIP buddy.

BlazinEagle
02-07-2007, 07:48 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you Holly and family. No words can describe how much Vinny will be missed. Godspeed Vinny.

zippy94
02-07-2007, 07:52 PM
Good by my friend,You will be missed..May our thought's and prayers be with the family.

'92Stang
02-07-2007, 07:58 PM
I'm glad i got to meet Vinny last summer. I don't think the man ever met a stranger. The world lost someone special:angel:

Holly
02-07-2007, 07:59 PM
Thanks everybody, I don't know what to say. I am devastated. It's good to know we have so many great friends. I appreciate everyone calling and checking on me, I'm back at home now. My sister, niece, and nephew are here right now. I'll let you all know the arrangements after we make them tomorrow. Vinny's mom, sister and bro-in-law are coming down to help me. I need all the help I can get right now, I lost my best friend and the person I thought I was going to spend the rest of my life with. I feel like I am in a nightmare and cannot wake up from it. :(

Thanks for everything Craig. I called him first today and asked him to let people know. He had such an overwhelming number of friends, I didn't know where to start.

Grimace5.0
02-07-2007, 08:00 PM
Wow! I can't believe it. Holly please know that you and Amanda are in Trina and my prayers. I know we are alot further away than most but if you need ANYTHING please don't hesitate to get ahold of us.

Timido
02-07-2007, 08:29 PM
Holly,
I tried to call you tonight and didnt leave a message I have no idea what to say. I just woke up and found out the news and I feel like I just ran into a brick wall. Vinny was a great person. If there is anything Jaylynn and I can do please call us. I am up all hours of the night and day you can call me anytime you need to.

Tim

mustang8998
02-07-2007, 08:30 PM
I'm at a total loss for words. :(

Vinny will be sorely missed. RIP Brother!

Holly, if there is anything..........

Thoughts and prayers.

92coupe
02-07-2007, 08:43 PM
All i can say is, I just cant believe it! I just saw him monday at cincy speed. I just truly cant believe it, Vinny was one of the best guys you could meet, He would go out of his way to help ya out on whatever it was.

You will be truely missed Brother.

Holly if there is anything we can do were here. I'm so sorry and just cant believe this happened.

88ssp
02-07-2007, 08:45 PM
Life is too damned short. I am so sorry for the loss of this great man, friend, father, and husband.

My prayers are with his family.

We'll miss him dearly.

MystichromeVert
02-07-2007, 08:45 PM
My thoughts and prayers as well. It's never easy living through an untimely passing like this, but rest assured Vinny is in a better place now.

RIP buddy.

G93T
02-07-2007, 08:46 PM
just plain wrong...

Badfbdy
02-07-2007, 09:00 PM
From I and ToxicGT,

We can't beleive this happened. SBZ and everyone has lost a great man. The wife and I are very sorry, our hearts and prayers go out to the friends and families.

MT_POKT
02-07-2007, 09:01 PM
I don't know what to say... One of the best people you could ever know. One of the most generous, friendliest, kindest, genuine people I know. There are not enough Vinny5ohs in the world as it is, to take one from us is truly a tragedy. April and I will help any way we can.

Vinny, rest in peace brother.....

Smithr66
02-07-2007, 09:25 PM
This is terrible! I got the call while I was at work and I had to see it for myself! I met vinny not too long and He was a very friendly person! I wouldn't be the Mustang fanatic I am now if it wasn't for this web site! Thank you Vinny for everything! RIP.

JIMS SVT
02-07-2007, 09:31 PM
Very sorry for the lose of a great person.He will be miss.Sorry

Jason@PaRacing
02-07-2007, 09:33 PM
Godspeed! We lost a good guy today! My Prayers are with you Holly!

wild87stang
02-07-2007, 09:38 PM
I had only met him a few times like six years ago and i talked to him every now and then he was a great guy! Im still in shock about it all! God bless vinny may he R.I.P. and Holly my prayers are with you and the rest of his family and freinds!

ponymom05
02-07-2007, 09:43 PM
I think it would be an awesome tribute to put his race car down the 1/4 mile, but I would totally understand if the family could use the money.

It would also be cool if we could set up some kind of memorial day at one of the race tracks.

I'm sure Karl or Jon with UMTR would be glad to do/allow a tribute at one of our races. Vinny was very much a part of UMTR as well. I wouldn't want to step in and do something that Holly wasn't ready for. I don't know Holly personally, but I will be glad to contact the UMTR guys for you if needed. We start on March 31 at E20, can't imagine starting the season out w/o a proper tribute first.

BadBirdLT1
02-07-2007, 09:45 PM
So sorry to hear about this. I only met Vinny once but he treated me like someone he had known for many years. I will never forget him and rob giving me a atomic wing from QSL in Dayton and laughing as I thought my mouth was on fire.

Vinny you will be missed.

BUHBYY
02-07-2007, 09:51 PM
I'm sure Karl or Jon with UMTR would be glad to do/allow a tribute at one of our races. Vinny was very much a part of UMTR as well. I wouldn't want to step in and do something that Holly wasn't ready for. I don't know Holly personally, but I will be glad to contact the UMTR guys for you if needed. We start on March 31 at E20, can't imagine starting the season out w/o a proper tribute first.

I am already gonna do it during the announcements , I am gonna miss him he was such a genuine person I can not comprehend how this can happen , but for some reason it did ????

69Cobra
02-07-2007, 09:53 PM
Rest in peace Vin.

You always treated me like we've know each other for ever, you are already missed.

:angel:

BIZLE
02-07-2007, 09:55 PM
this makes me sick!

as soon as the weather breaks im going to try to put on a benefit ride
for his family

Blacksunshine
02-07-2007, 09:55 PM
I am so sorry Holly. Rest in Peace Vinny. We love ya buddy!!

Da Natti
02-07-2007, 09:56 PM
sorry for the rip vinny!!

HARCracing
02-07-2007, 10:06 PM
I only met you a couple of times but you always had a minute to say hey. I respect you as a person who always put his Daughter, Wife, Family and Friends first. Godspeed Man! You are GREATLY appreciated and missed. Holly and Vinny's closest Family and friends, If my wife Heidi and I can help with anything (organizing things or what ever), it would be the least we could do for someone who brought us the best way to pass time, STANGBANGERZ!

Rob

R825OH
02-07-2007, 10:29 PM
RIP Vinny I never even met you but was looking forward to it, Godspeed

mustang429
02-07-2007, 10:31 PM
rip vinny

347sc
02-07-2007, 10:31 PM
I'am at a loss for words.
I will miss him. My prayers are with family.
Holly if you need anything call. 937 830 9121

95vertstang
02-07-2007, 10:34 PM
my thoughts and prayers are with holly, amanda and family rip vinny:angel:

bbfstanger
02-07-2007, 10:37 PM
man o man sorry to hear it,and best wishes to his family
RIP to the no.1 stangbanger.
john

331TwistedWedge
02-07-2007, 10:39 PM
I think with 104 people on-line today at the same time, speaks volumes for how much Vinny will be missed. The Common Trend Here: "He treated me like he has known me for years", says a lot about Vinny.

untamed
02-07-2007, 10:40 PM
That is so true.:agree:

wild87stang
02-07-2007, 10:42 PM
:agree: Oh so true!

streetracinchik
02-07-2007, 10:42 PM
I still dont even know what to say... :'(

Moremph
02-07-2007, 10:45 PM
he will be missed, a cornerstone and a friend to all, RIP

The 2L Motorsports gang

Byrd Man
02-07-2007, 10:47 PM
Godspeed my brother.

My family's prayers go out to Holly, his daughter, family and friends. I am very sorry for your loss. We can only pray that God watches over each and every one of you and helps you in your time of need. The world lost and good man and a great friend.
Vinny will always be remembered.

shep
02-07-2007, 10:53 PM
my prayers also go out to him and his family. Always made it a point to talk to him everytime i saw him. I really dont know what else to say but we lost a very good man....

Cody G
02-07-2007, 10:54 PM
i send my thoughts and prayers

mustangboy
02-07-2007, 10:57 PM
I have been in shock all evening and still don't know what to say. Holly you will be in my prayers.:(

97snake
02-07-2007, 11:10 PM
gone but not forgottin r.i.p vinny

Walter
02-07-2007, 11:13 PM
My condolences to the Changet family.

hedrick22
02-07-2007, 11:17 PM
The community has lost a true friend to all. Vinny has been bringing the Mustang community together for years and he will be missed.

To all his family and friends, I feel for your loss.

I think that I can speak for all of us here and say that if ANYTHING IS NEEDED just let us know.

Rest in peace Vinny, love you man.:angel:

chad393na
02-07-2007, 11:22 PM
I only talked to him a handful of times, but I could tell he was a class act all the way. A great guy that will be missed by many. My condolences go to his family through this tough time.

Crucial
02-07-2007, 11:34 PM
why him, such a great guy ...

speechless dont even describe what i feel right now ....

R.I.P. buddy

Mavowar
02-07-2007, 11:38 PM
I didn't hesitate to read every single response. I just started coming here but after reading everbodies input I have come to this realization. Vin was a great guy who cared about friends,family and Stangbangerz(maybe even a mavericker or two). My condolences to friends and Family. God Speed fellow Hotrodder and may you always have as much Horsepower as you want at God's Drag Strip.

P.S I'm pretty tough but after reading how much this guy was loved I am in tears.........:(

YouGotJunk
02-07-2007, 11:56 PM
I cant think of any words right now that could come close to describing how I feel right now. I am in complete shock and cannot believe this has happened to such a great person. Vinny was one of the nicest guys you could ever meet in your entire life and would go out of his way to help anyone that he could. Not only was he a great friend, but a great Dad...husband...and anything else that he put his mind to. He always found time for everything..from giving advice on here..to loaning a hand or two on another friends project..to being a loving husband and amazing dad. Vinny will forver missed...and will never be forgotten...Rest In Peace my Friend..we will meet again!!

tmotorsports
02-08-2007, 12:07 AM
I cannot believe this happened to such a great guy.I met vinny at columbus NMRA race in 2003 when he raced the coupe and since then everytime I saw him he treated me like a friend he had knew all his life.Like all of you we shared the same dreams and was reachung them together.I seen him the day he had his car getting dynoed at pauls and it was so nice to see his smiling face.Now he's gone.I feel so sick.I just went through this last week loosing another friend at such a young age.
My thoughts and prayers are with holly and his daughter and entire family.This is such a huge loss too so many.

RIP Vinny Until we meet again at the dragstrip up above.

gtluke
02-08-2007, 12:13 AM
vinny was a great guy and friend. this is very sad.
i haven't seen him in a few years but i will always miss him.
my condolences to everyone

Stangman
02-08-2007, 12:18 AM
As soon as i got home I started reading all the posts about Vinny from the beginning.

I was at work when Scott (Moontang) called me to the service counter with the news, I couldnt believe it, its still hard to take in.

On the way home i thought of soooo many great things to say, but it doesnt matter at all, the one thing that does matter is that Vinny will be missed and we ALL loved him, and this board will never ever be the same again without him.

i guess He went to spool the big turbo in the sky

My condolences to Holly and Amanda

I have only been on the board for a lil over 2 years, I feel lucky to have known Vinny through his words for these 2 years, and in person several times since the start of the Wednesday nite Cruises, He was a very smart and great guy, always nice, always funny. I only regret that i hadnt gotten to know him better.

I hope that BOTH of his 'stangs can be finished and displayed proudly

And I hope that both Holly and Amanda and the rest of Vin's family have the strength to get thru this devastating time.

Bill
02-08-2007, 12:19 AM
I haven't been on the board in a few days so when I got a call from Bryan Byrd about this post on stangbangerz I couldn't believe it. I felt like I was kicked in the stomach and still do.

My condolences go out to Vinny's family. He will be missed by all who had the opportunity to know him. Life is precious, take nothing for granted.

Holly a donation is on its way.

Godspeed my friend ... Godspeed

--Bill

tim c
02-08-2007, 12:23 AM
sorry to hear that the fam is in our prayers

BLACKHAWK
02-08-2007, 12:35 AM
all i can say is this is so shocking, he definetely was a class act and him creating this site was like a door opening to a whole new world for me and so many others. I looked so forward for this season to see that car of his finally done and making some passes.

all i can say is for his family and close friends i am deeply sorry for your loss.

I will always know thats one guy I will see on the other side

vinny I Salute yah

Nate

nordi
02-08-2007, 01:02 AM
transman called me at work and told me about this post. I was floored. My prayers are with Holly and Amanda and the rest of Vinny's family.

Nordi

93 notch
02-08-2007, 01:07 AM
:angel: :angel: speech less , hate to loose a friend i really did'nt get a chance to truley find out what he was like...:angel:

jk5.0
02-08-2007, 01:22 AM
R.I.P Vinny.......:angel: our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Rob
02-08-2007, 01:31 AM
We were all blessed to have a friend like Vinny.
I thank God for the time i shared with him and for his friendship.
May his legend live on.
May God be with Holly and Amanda.
Vinny, we love you, we miss you
Rest in peace brother

DeckerEnt
02-08-2007, 01:58 AM
I have no idea what to put here. Vinny was an insperation to all of us. He gave his time without want for his own, he started this site and has maintained it so well, He has a bad ass car which I would like to see run at least once, since I pushed it to get painted.
Vinny was Stangbangerz. I have a soft spot in my heart for him. Now that he is gone, I hope and pray that he is looking down at us from heaven making sure that all of this stuff with Mustangs goes well.
Keith

StangGirlRN
02-08-2007, 02:12 AM
Holly and Amanda, I know nothing I can say will ease your pain. Vinny was a wonderful person and without him and this website, I wouldn't have the one true love of my life. He will be missed by many, especially the two of you. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help out, now or in the future.

redripper
02-08-2007, 02:15 AM
I am at a loss for words. Vinny was a great guy and one of the most welcoming of people. There is nothing to say to ease this pain for any of us, he will be missed. R.I.P Vinny

BRAD

Kelly Pelrine
02-08-2007, 10:48 AM
I am in total shock. When my friend told me about this i thought he was talking about someone else. I never imagined it could be Vinny. Its been awhile since i have talked to him but i have known Vinny & Holly for a few years ever since my first NMRA race. My condolences to Holly, Amanda and the Changet family. :(

02mingryGT
02-08-2007, 11:11 AM
R.I.P. Vinny

Condolences to everyone who lived and knew him. I never had the chance to meet Vinny and my only contact was with him through a site issue. But he seemed like a great guy who will undoubtedly be missed.

IWRBB
02-08-2007, 11:17 AM
That's just terrible. I met Vinny at the dyno day at Cincy Speed in summer of 03. Great guy, ran the show with a smile even in 100+ deg temps. He will be missed. Hopefully this site will always be one of his legacies.

Pops Fun
02-08-2007, 11:28 AM
E-mail from my Granddaughter Ellen, some of you know her, Holly, Vinny and Amanda touched many lives
Hey,
When you find out when the funeral is going to be please let me know. I have to go, and if you get a chance tell holly how sorry i am and that if there’s anything i can do for her to let me know. I'm still in complete and udder shock, it's like i can't let myself believe that this has happened. I didn't really get much sleep last night, so hopefully tonight it will settle a little better so i can get some rest. i just cannot believe it. Vinny didnt deserve that, he was one of the kindest and sweetest men i knew, and when a person is so nice and understanding and loving to everyone around them it makes their passing even harder. If you want to talk or anything just let me know, but please keep me updated on everything, you reach me on my cell anytime day or night.

Thanks. love you.

axetone
02-08-2007, 11:48 AM
Well, if theres any proof of the good man, its right here from the kind words of all you who knew Vegas. He will be missed, and lets all try to do a little something in his honor, memory, and mostly something for his Daughter, Wife, and Family.

Rest in Peace Brother....theres was none like ya, and we miss ya without measure. May God Keep You til we meet again.

Stang849
02-08-2007, 11:53 AM
My prayers go out to Holly and her family. I've been out of town and haven't been signed into the board for the last three days, this is a total shock to me.

FoxEgirl
02-08-2007, 12:10 PM
I mite not know everything about mustangs and such, but god as my witness I will help in any way to finish that car of his and get it down the track first day!!!!

DSSKing68
02-08-2007, 12:49 PM
Complete shock....I cannot believe it. My thought and prayers go out to Holly and Amanda, and Vinny's family up north.

chris91
02-08-2007, 01:02 PM
Only got to hang out with him for a couple hours while he was helping on my car a couple years back, but he didnt have to come out and help a total stranger and he did. Me and him were cuttin it up the whole time too. He was truely one of the good people in this world and will be greatly missed by many. He will live on through this site and everyones memories of him. Hope your up there bangin gears bro! RIP

Interceptor_TTZ
02-08-2007, 01:03 PM
One of few mustang guys I like, I'm stunded and teary eyed. Truely a great man.

RIP Brother.

blackgtstang
02-08-2007, 01:32 PM
I met him only once in person but he was a super cool guy. He will be missed by alot of people.

Matt

331TwistedWedge
02-08-2007, 04:34 PM
My last email from Vinny on Monday 2/5/07 ... I only met the guy one time and look how quick he was to help me with project "Red Sled" ........

Yes I could help you guys out with the bracket. I will need to get some measurements and find out exactly what it is you are trying to do. Any chance you guys could meet me at Cincy Speed one day with the car? If not, I'll just roll over to check it out.

04 mustang
02-08-2007, 05:00 PM
Our condolences and prayers go out to Vinny's family and friends.:angel:

The Goodlett family

Buckeye
02-08-2007, 05:00 PM
I never met him personaly but he seemed like a good guy on here and is a real testiment to the kind of person he was to look around this site and see all the love. I hope his wife and kid take a min to look ot all of this and see how much thier dad and husband where loved.

Drivermod
02-08-2007, 05:04 PM
I just find it incomprehensible that Vinny's greatest spiritual asset (his heart) was his downfall physically. He gave it all to all of us. Thank you Vinny and thank you Holly and Amanda for sharing him with the rest of us. The world has been changed for the better because of his life. :angel:

Ian

MRGRIMM
02-08-2007, 05:21 PM
I haven't tuned in to this site much the last few weeks because I've been busy with work. I finally get an off day and see that Vinny, the guy who to me seems like the anchor to this site and a lot of the hype with mustangs in this area had to leave us. I never formally met him or friends or family, but the few times I did IM him for some help he was quick to repsond in paragraph form with great knowledge or at least just his honest 2 cents, showed me that a busy and respectable man as he was had the heart and soul to try and help a complete stranger such as myself. Some of the cheesy pics of him smiling sitting in his car before it got finished will remain etched in my head for ever...hopefully someone will put down some great numbers in that car for him as I would think he would want that beast to live on in his spirit. Still unimaginable that this would happen.

quik lx
02-08-2007, 05:23 PM
:bangwall:Why?...why?

Goodbye my friend:( :angel:

Ryan218
02-08-2007, 05:42 PM
poor guy....he will be missed....I never got to met him :sad:

nowrnty
02-08-2007, 06:31 PM
Since I heard the news yesterday I have been trying to cope with it as best as I can. Vinny, you will be extremely missed and never forgotten!

DeJays Saleen
02-08-2007, 06:42 PM
Just wanted to pay my respects... I met Vinny many many years ago.. Every time I ever saw him he was always happy and was wearing a smile. Never seemed to down anyone and was always nice to everyone. Im so sorry to vinny's family and he was a legend in the Cincy Mustang crowd. Everyone knew and respected Vinny. - Im sorry to hear this, you will be missed my friend.

Flu_By_U
02-08-2007, 06:50 PM
WOW i dont know what to say!!!

He will be missed!!!!!

Blackballed
02-08-2007, 07:00 PM
Our thoughts are with family and friends.

87brookstang
02-08-2007, 07:08 PM
R.I.P. Vinny You were truly a great guy. My thoughts and prayers go out Holly and all of Vinnys family

Puddinstang1
02-08-2007, 07:13 PM
Vinny was a great guy...was always super nice and funny! RIP Vinny5oh
Can anyone give an update on when the services are and where? I want to be there to pay my respects..:(

winner70ta
02-08-2007, 07:15 PM
I just found out about this today. I am very sad as he will be a great loss to the Mustang community. I was fortunate to meet him at several of the get togethers and can say that it did not make any difference whether you are old or young, he treated you right and welcomed the enthusiasm of a fellow 'stanger. My prayers go out to Holly and the rest of his family and friends.

bobtsgt
02-08-2007, 07:16 PM
services are posted in the general section

NA/NOTCH
02-08-2007, 07:43 PM
just seen him saturday,great guy R.I.P. ill see u on the other side.....

fastfreddie
02-08-2007, 07:59 PM
Wow. I was really looking forward to meeting Vinny this summer. Being from Toledo, I still haven't gotten the chance to get down there to hang with you guys, but I've always felt at home here, Vinny especially made me feel welcome. He's offered advice willingly, and seemed like such a good humored guy. Holly, my prayers are with you and your family. This is so sad.....

Johnson1134
02-08-2007, 07:59 PM
WOW!i am speechless just saw him saturday down at craigs.:angel: one hell of a man!R.I.P. vinny.

Quiksilver
02-08-2007, 08:03 PM
I didn't know him that well, but I always felt like I had known him forever when I talked to him. A truly great guy.

R.I.P. Vinny

knickel
02-08-2007, 08:38 PM
Guys and Gals. I didn't know Vinny but I have been on Stangbangerz for a little while now. As a founder of another Mustang site its amazing what you guys and gals are doing for a friend. All I can say is from Bowling Green Mustangs to all of you, Holly and Amanda our prayers are with you guys in this time of need. Just remember be strong for each other. It never gets better loosing a friend or loved one but you will get by.

R.I.P. Vinny

Ken Nickel

Pops Fun
02-08-2007, 09:00 PM
i think that it would be a great idea if we could do something in his honor. After everything he has done for all of us, he definetly deserves it.

RDS02Stang
02-08-2007, 09:47 PM
i think that it would be a great idea if we could do something in his honor. After everything he has done for all of us, he definetly deserves it.

:agree:

boostN99
02-08-2007, 10:13 PM
Im in shock, you will be missed my prayers out to his family and friends RIP Vinny5oh:angel:

Strkdblwn347
02-09-2007, 01:03 AM
Your family is in our thoughts and prayers.

bond99
02-09-2007, 03:36 AM
R.I.P Vinny, and thank you for getting me started here on Stangbangerz.
Kurt.

03kennegt
02-09-2007, 08:26 AM
R.I.P Vinny...didnt know him super well, but talked to him on here a couple of times under my old name...Youll be missed

darkhorse
02-09-2007, 09:49 AM
Sorry for your loss - from what i'm reading the board lost a very valuable member and friend. It's terrible because he was so young.

87coupe
02-09-2007, 12:08 PM
Sorry to hear of the loss his family will be in our prayers.

theloneranger
02-09-2007, 12:39 PM
You know I met him only a few times, I remember his car, but also I can remember hearing about him plenty at a few of the cruise-in's and from a friend who brought me to this forum, I must say its heartbreaking to hear. R.I.P. Vinny :angel:

EVLORNG
02-09-2007, 02:12 PM
I'm not shure that words could ever bring comfort to Vinny's family but, my thoughts are with them. I had only talked with Vinny a few times. He was the kind of person that made you feel welcome right away. Always saw him with a smile on his face. My deepest sympathy for Vinny's family.

bkstang95
02-09-2007, 04:22 PM
Wow, i can't even believe i am reading this right now! My prayers go out to him and his entire family. RIP bro

SWEET GT
02-09-2007, 07:19 PM
Wow, I just found out.

I am very sorry to hear this. :(

PC Doctor
02-10-2007, 11:21 AM
I haven't been around in a long while , but I wanted to let Holly and the family know you are all in my thoughts.

He will surely be missed.

RIP

MCHNROL
02-10-2007, 01:37 PM
I just saw this and I'm awestruck. I only knew him from meets and spoke with him and he always made you feel welcome, a really cool guy. He is/was a top notch guy in my book. What a shock. My condolences go to his wife Holly and daughter Amanda and the rest of his family. God bless and may he rest in peace.

Stang 38L
02-10-2007, 05:31 PM
I didnt find this out until last night. :( Vinny was an awesome guy. I just saw him at Cavalcade up on the third floor by my car. Even though my stang is a V6 his always complimented it and always made me feel welcome around here.

I am deeply sorry for Holly. You are in my prayers.

Evilsvt
02-10-2007, 06:58 PM
I never met a person with his personality before and never will again.
Vinny I pray God will be with your family through this.

smokedmustang
02-10-2007, 09:10 PM
I am "new" to this family, but read all the posts, and it seems like a great guy, one I would love to call my friend also. My condolences to his family, and to all of you who knew him. RIP Vinny.:angel: Not to sound "tacky", but maybe we can run his car at the wingedwarriorIII event in May, or even name the drag champion trophy in his honor.

Stone
02-11-2007, 12:44 PM
Wow I didnt see this thread until now. I can't believe it, he was such a young guy....always joking around.

Wow :(

strokercobra
02-11-2007, 02:42 PM
REST IN PEACE VINNY. YOU WERE A GOOD GUY. YOU'RE PROBABLY RACING JESUS IN HEAVEN RIGHT NOW. MY PRAYERS GO OUT...

wht_stang
02-11-2007, 07:34 PM
i didn't get to know him much but the times i did get to meet him he was definately a guy i would've really liked to get to know he will be greatly missed

MFIELD
02-11-2007, 08:47 PM
OMG I just walked in the door from being in Daytona since last Wed. I cannot believe this, I am totaly in shock. I am so sorry for the loss of such a nice guy to all of us.

Demonracer
02-11-2007, 09:00 PM
Just got my computer working and find this out. Our prayers are with the family. Vinny you will be missed.RIP

Holly
02-11-2007, 10:28 PM
I am not ready to read the board, but I just found this and I wanted to post it, I think Amanda wrote it in 2004.

SMOKE
02-11-2007, 10:32 PM
I am not ready to read the board, but I just found this and I wanted to post it, I think Amanda wrote it in 2004.

Man, that really hit me hard. I have a little girl and I can't imagine mine having to go through what Amanda is right now. Best wishes you Holly, and Amanda, we can only imagine what you have gone through.

DeckerEnt
02-11-2007, 10:33 PM
Frame that one with a good pic of Vinny.
Keith

dedpedal
02-11-2007, 10:33 PM
Thank you for sharing that Holly.

Pops Fun
02-11-2007, 10:34 PM
Damn... I thought I was done crying..:(.. That is a great poem :)

Pops

Sharad
02-11-2007, 10:38 PM
that was sweet. Thanks Holly.

Mr.Moontang
02-11-2007, 11:14 PM
That was a very fitting poem of her father... both of you stay strong.

Stangman
02-11-2007, 11:21 PM
very nice.

chuck8950
02-11-2007, 11:27 PM
Thanks for sharing that.

Black Horse
02-11-2007, 11:47 PM
Damn... I thought I was done crying..:(.. That is a great poem :)

Here too....