PDA

View Full Version : Tribute to Vinny

Black Horse
02-07-2007, 03:25 PM
I have been sitting here blankly staring at my computer monitor for a while now, feeling the loss of my good friend. Somedays you just wish you could do something more....

I think one of the things we can do for each other to help us through the grieving process is to post up your memories of Vinny, when you first met him, a funny story, something he did to help you....anything

Post away

NXcoupe
02-07-2007, 03:29 PM
I feel like somebody just hit me in the chest with a hammer. I just saw Vin a little while ago, came to his house to check out his car and bring my little girl for him and his family to meet. My heart goes out Holly, and his family.
Vinny has always been there to give me a helpin hand or advice for my website, he's been there and done that, and was always willing to lend a hand or advice. The world is a little colder place without him. That's all I can say right now, need time to let it sink in.

nkystanger
02-07-2007, 03:31 PM
I met Vinny about five or six years ago when this site was young. The first thing he did when i met him was offer to help me with my car. I always thought that was amazing, to help a total stranger out, just because he was an all around nice guy and loved mustangs.

There were plenty of times that Vinny went out of his way to help me with different things, he never asked for a dime also.

He will be missed.

87poopcoupe
02-07-2007, 03:34 PM
i still rememeber when i got the 87 coupe " the poopcoupe" running and it leaked tranny fluid all over his driveway when i blew out the cooler at his house......

08 Vette
02-07-2007, 03:34 PM
I don't know what to say! I'm in total SHOCK!

Tim

plated
02-07-2007, 03:36 PM
i was just getting to know vinny,been hangin with him helping each other out with our cars,got into some good conversations with him,never 1 did it cross my mind he'd be gone in a couple days:( i know how much it ment to him to get his car wrapped up,now i wish i would have stayed all night and day to help him,he made the mustang world soooo much funner,his smartass remarks were just to damn funny:lol: watching him check a few people online was always a treat.just a gearhead,and a loving father is how i will see him.i did notice he was really proud of the machine work he was getting into and it really showed on the things he made here lateley.seamed like a happy man finding his way in life....he gave me a website i can really burn some time up on,with a lifetime of conversation from all shapes and sizes.god bless him and his family just isn't fair:mad: we want our webmaster back and our friend.vinny ruled:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel

2l8iwn
02-07-2007, 03:42 PM
one fond memory i had was when he came to a sunday local cruise in we had in florence and a bunch of us decided to go for a "ride" out to a remote spot for some racing. Vinny of course had holly's new coupe and wasnt suppossed to be an active participant. Well needless to say i ended up racing him like at least twice and right when we were ready to leave the fuzz showed up and blocked us in. They ended up letting us go but ill never forget how he kept saying holly was gonna beat him like a red headed step child. Ill never forget those good times. Rest in peace buddy. Love ya,

brandon

RDS02Stang
02-07-2007, 03:42 PM
I too am just staring at the monitor - my boss told me to go home :(

Vinny was always willing to help - my daughter and I helped at the 2005 National Trails event in Columbus and all weekend Vinny & Holly made sure to include Erica (she was 8 at that time).

I knew it was more effort for them, but Vinny (Holly and some others) simply made the weekend fun for my daughter. Because of that simple action, I discovered what a true man he was - Amanda, you have an awesome father - I know you know this.

Vinny touched a lot of peoples lives either directly or indirectly - I think I will sit here some more and recall all the times I talked with Vinny.

Rest In Piece Friend :angel:

untamed
02-07-2007, 03:45 PM
I met Vinny for the first time last April when I joined the best site ever. I PM'd him to see how I could get ahold of a STANGBANGERZ.com sticker for my car. I just couldnt believe that I never knew about this site, but thanks to sleeper50, I discovered it. Vinny was very helpful in getting me what I needed. He called me when the stickers were done and he even personally delivered them to my house. He introduced himself as he walked onto my front porch,smiling as he often did. he handed me the stickers and said now let me see your stang. I knew that this site was gonna be a great thing because Vinny went out of his way for a perfect stranger. He was a hell of a guy and everyone will miss him dearly.:(

bobtsgt
02-07-2007, 03:46 PM
Vinny is one of the reasons Angie and I are getting married. If it wasn't for this site I might not have had the chance to meet the love of my life. And I also remember everytime you go over to the house he would always offer a beer. He was definetly one of a kind and I believe God broke the mold when he mad Vinny. We will always remember you friend in our minds and our hearts.

5.0calypso93lx
02-07-2007, 03:48 PM
One thing I remember was when I was driving into the cruise in at Champion Ford, and I was driving my dads hoopty 94 lincoln town car, and Vinny saw me as soon as I pulled in. The look on his face was absolutely priceless. He was laughing at me so hard. I must say, i NEVER EVER cry and will do anything to hide it, but for some reason, I am having a real hard time holding back this time. I also remember talking to Vinny and Holly when we are at Dave & Busters one time, and how we had both won really good money at Tropicana Hotel, pretty much the only place I had won any money the whole time I was there.

Mr.Moontang
02-07-2007, 03:49 PM
I joined this site Feb. 17th, 2004 and met him at the BW3's by Kevins house at a gathering for wings and he opened up his world to me and shared his love of Mustangs and all that was fast.... He gave me the honor of being a moderator on here and I will not let him down, he loved this place and all the people on here I will miss him greatly. I considered him to be family, R.I.P. brother may God speed be with you and your loved ones.

90lx
02-07-2007, 03:54 PM
First time I meet Vinny was at QSL like two and half years ago... I had my little girl and her mommy with me.. He told me how cute she was... I still remember the conversation we had about putting a stock stang down in the 11's with out going into the engine.. He knew a lot that I had no idea about. It was Vinny that made me fall in love with stangs.. The stories he told me just hooked me on them..... THANKS BUDDY I wont forget that..

'92Stang
02-07-2007, 03:55 PM
I just met Vinny this past summer right after i joined the site. I pm'd him with a few questions on my car and he invited to stop bye. Within 10 minutes of being at his and Hollys he was giving me foglight brackets, and would'nt let me pay him. Finally he agreed to let me drop a 12 pack off later. More recently me and the family went to the cavalcade. I seen Vinny, and was showing him photos of Abby's mustang (power wheels) that she'd got for her third b-day. He went to his car and gave abby her own stangbangerz sticker for her car. Even though I only knew him a shortwhile, he seemed like the most unselfish person who never met a stranger. It is a great loss, especially for those that never had the chance to meet him:( R.I.P. Vinny:angel:

LXEnvy1990
02-07-2007, 04:01 PM
I also met Vinny 5 or 6 years ago! I went to his house with Rob! He was showing us the motor and T/T. We were just in all! That was one of the first time's i had ever seen anything like that. I asked him why he was building something that was going to be so fast? He said he was building it so he could scare the kids! I said lol to scare yourself, and he just laughed and said yeah!
I just feel so empty inside! I just wish it wasn't true! He had a way about him, it was like you had known him all your life when you talked to him! You have made an impact on alot of peoples life's. And you will always be remembered/ and missed!

Hangingcogs
02-07-2007, 04:03 PM
I think the first time I met Vinny Ching a Lingy was when Jason(bangingears), Chris(plated) and I went to his house to look at the auto calypso coupe Chris ended up buying.

He was the most generous man. We always gave him a hard time about the progess on his car. It is unremarkable he did not get to thoroughly enjoy it.

You will be greatly missed, but, remembered!

This racing season will be dedicated to you! Hopefully, with a NMRA Hot Street title!

-Marci-

REDHOTGTGIRL
02-07-2007, 04:05 PM
AJ and I joined Stangbangerz in May 2004 after meeting Moontang at a Tri-State meeting. I had my stang for a few years, but AJ had just gotten his Mach and we were looking for some cool Mustang peeps. I am so glad we joined this place! We have made so many good friends here and it wouldn't have been possible with out Vinny. I just can't believe he is gone, it's just so sad. I honestly can't remember the very first time I met him, probably at Hooters during the summer, but there are several memories that stick out to me. He was such a genuine person. He was quick to help out without any expectations and just an honest, funny person, a blast to hang out with! I know AJ always enjoyed hanging out with him and really appreciated all the help and advice he gave. He was truly a blessing to know will be greatly missed.

ibstrokin
I tried to send an email to mm&ff to see if they would do a peice in their cyberstallion section about vinny and his website. I'm not sure if it went through,so I would ask that we bombard their site with requests to honor Vinny and his family. www.musclemustangfastfords.com

LXEnvy1990
"Thinking of the day, when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, we'll be missing you".......
-Puffdaddy-

bestracing
02-07-2007, 04:14 PM
I meet Vinny back in 2003 during a Dyno Day at Cincy Speed. He was running around getting people lined up and in order to keep things going smoothly. He joined up on the NKYFBA board just to give us GM guys a good ribbing and to keep us updated on his Twisted Twins project. Through the years I have been fortunate to get to know this wonderful guy and he words of encouragement on our site will never be forgoten. I am truely fortunate and lucky to have known Vinny and I believe I'm a better person from it. He has shown this board wisdom, compasion, friendship, kindness, love and the passion for all cars. He even gave me a wave and reved at me in his old coupe last year as I was traveling down I-471 on evening heading over to SRP.

kennebellcobra
02-07-2007, 04:14 PM
I remember the first time I ever met Vinny. This was before I was really involved on here and I was selling my stock parts off the cobra. I was getting a bunch of low ball offers and I lowered the price a few times then Vinny calls and asked about the parts. I did not know he owned Stangbangerz just thought he was a member. He asked if I would take an amount that I can't remember and I didn't want to but said ok. He came to my work picked up the parts gave me the money. I started counting it and there was more then we discussed. He gave me my asking price from the post. When I said you gave me to much he says I could tell you didn't want to sell it for that and that has stuck in my mind everytime I talked to him. I felt bad when I discovered he was (Stangbangerz). I mean if it wasn't for him I would not have been able to list the parts for sale. There are not to many people that will give you more money than you agree on because they can tell you really did'nt want to sell it for that. He had a heart of gold and has impacted people's lifes he probably didn't even relize. He will never be forgotten!

vrtical
02-07-2007, 04:15 PM
I can't remember the 1st time I met Vinny (prolly cause it was at a party), but it was back a couple of years ago at an NMRA event if I had to guess. Back then there was a contingent of Dedpedal racers, Vinny, Jeff, Kyle and the rest of them. Over the years being close in the mustang communities with Corral and HC50, we always ran into one another. Two summers ago, he, along with some others helped me push my busted car onto the trailer and sorta missed while I was out at Edgewater :)

95turbocharged
02-07-2007, 04:26 PM
I meet vinny when he found out my 95 gt blow up on the dyno he was right there to help out. His giving and not wanting anything in return is something that will be missed. I personally have not meet that kinda person in a long time and regret not being able to retuen the favor to him. We the florence mob (as vinny refferred to us) are having a get together tonight at bw3's in florence to try to help out his family all (from anywhere) are invited.

331TwistedWedge
02-07-2007, 04:46 PM
Vinny was definitely a 'giver' ... he volunteered to come over and measure up some brackets to help with our project "red sled" ... this guy doesnt know me from Mary ... one nice conversation with him at MD is all i know of him, but he was full of life *energy* and spoke to me: like he had known me for years ......... this guy is going to be missed by many .........

Rick

beefcake
02-07-2007, 04:52 PM
first time i met vinny

i was going down 52 in my 99 cobra, vinny was in one of his stangs

he pulled next to me and we ran em up a bit ( i smoked em lol), he pulled up all happy and was like "is that one of those new cobra r's) i was like nah, just a s/c'd cobra

he asked if i wanted to bs a bit, said he lived right down the road (i was nervous, lol, didn't know if i was gonna get jacked) but figured what the heck

we hung out talked cars and been buds ever since, didn't get to hang out as much as i'd like, with a 60 hour work week plus a family, but he was a super great guy

orangedemon331
02-07-2007, 05:04 PM
Lets see the first time I met Vinny.... I was atthe Stangbagerz dyno day at Md in 05! He kept on trying to get me to dyno my car, all day long, so I finally gave in just for him because he looked like he wanted to see it go even more than I did! I wasn't even a member yet and he treated me like his best friend! That was the thing about Vinny and reason he was such a great guy to us all, its that he cared more to see others prosper and be apart of something than he did even for himself! As I sit here and write this I want everyone that reads this who knew him and those who didnt, that he was one of the most caring people that I know! He loved all of us, he loved His mustangs, His family and friends!! He will truely be missed by us all!!
Ray

RIP VINNY

Sharad
02-07-2007, 05:16 PM
well, we all have funny Vinny memories, like killing the phone on video in his garage and whatnot, but the thing I remember the most about Vinny is he was always nice to me, and treated me with respect.

I have always felt like an outsider here at SBZ. I don't mean that in a bad way. I just mean that most of you guys live in Cincy and you hang out a lot, you're a pretty tight group. For the very brief time that I lived in Cincy, I'd just had my daughter so I never could hang out. Despite that, Vinny has always made me feel like I belong here. That's a lot to say considering that over the years, at times, I've gotten a little too cocky for my own good, and the rest of you called me on it. (rightly so) That Vinny could accept me even after I'd pissed everyone else off... well that says a lot about his character. He was such a good man. I just can't believe this.

Now I'm getting choked up and customers are coming in and out of the store... I've gotta go. I'm sorry. I just don't know what to say.

BIGRED Z
02-07-2007, 05:23 PM
The absolute best thing about Vinny was his rare ability to make you feel like you were the only person in the room because he was always totally there in the moment.

I remember his parties or specifically, Vinny and Newports B-day party up at Go bananas. There must have been a hundred people vying for his attention at one point or another. But when he was talking to you, it was all about you. Vinny had a special gift. Never saw him without a smile, or a joke to crack. I just can't believe he's gone.

Well, at least Heaven is a brighter place today. You'll be missed Vinny.

Lori

08 Vette
02-07-2007, 05:30 PM
The first time I met Vinny was so far back I can’t remember, we meet at a GCFBA track day at Edgewater. It was long before Stangbangerz was started. Me and Vinny were the only Ford guys there! Needless to say we were stirring the shit with the Chevy boys. ( In a fun way) We got along right away, I think he was that way with most people! I always remember his great sense of Humor, and I’ll always be thankful to him, because of him I’ve made a lot of good friends over the years. You people that I’ve meet on Stangbangerz Thank You Vinny! RIP!

Tim

ibstrokin
02-07-2007, 05:59 PM
I would like to arrange a gathering tonight at BW-3's in West Carrollton. I would like to collect donations to Vinny's family, Then I will get the donations to Craig later in the week. If you have any questions, call me at 937-238-9205, Brian Barnes

mach_u
02-07-2007, 06:45 PM
Vinny was by far one of the nicest guys I have ever met. He was always up for offering help/advice and one of the best to drink a beer with. I'm still in shock and can't believe he's not with us anymore. I keep wanting to pick up the cell and shoot him a quick call and see what's up but I can't... :( It's because of this site and the community he created that I have the majority of friends that I do today. The relationships I have made through this great mustang community are ones I will have for years to come and I have him to thank for it. He was a one of a kind guy and his presence will always be missed. RIP buddy!

93Snakebite
02-07-2007, 07:16 PM
I posted this on the gemcitystangs board as well, but wanted to add my Vinny story to his board. It is touching that so many people have their own story and they all have the same theme.....Vinny giving of himself and or making someone feel included in the group.

I don't know if Vinny could pick me out of a lineup, but we met a couple of times. Once at Tri-State he offered me the use of his slicks. I was pretty much a complete stranger but he brought 'em over and was gonna help me put them on. I couldn't find the lug key or I would have used them, but that sums up exactly who he was I think. The other time, I made it out to Hooter's in Florence for a SBZ get together which we all later in the evening moved over to the peacock lounge on Donaldson. Vinny caught up to me on the way over and wanted to race, he and Holly in their suv or something and I'm in the Cobra. He was goofin' around and it was pretty funny the two of us revvin' our motors at the stoplight. I get a smile on my face thinking about it. Thanks Vinny. :angel:

With my work schedule I didn't get to many other SBZ events, or get to know him better, but my respect and admiration for Vinny had cemented.

Just a class act guy all the way around, truly he would give you the shirt off his back. It isn't right and it isn't fair. He will be sorely missed.
Dave

TheRunyan
02-07-2007, 07:38 PM
I met Vinny through the board shortly after it started, right after I bought my Cobra (October 2001). Vinny pulled together a crew at Hooters. When I walked in, he was sporting a Layne Stanley tie-up beard (I think as a tribute to the recently-late Stanley) and I said "Hey, you Layne Stanlely-looking Muther..." Since then, he was always like a good friend. I've been to many a shindig with Vin, and he was always the life of the party (hell, he was the party wasn't he?). That guy had charisma. I'm honored to have known him and I'm going to pray tonight (a very rare thing) that this didn't really happen. God bless ya, Vinny.

zippy94
02-07-2007, 08:07 PM
2002 Corral day in Bowling Green, We met in the camp ground drinking, kevin's Vht, Here started showing me and Robb(10lb308), His car with the s-trim at the time. And started talking about the site And gave me his number to call if I needed any help. Vinny was always there for me and willing to do anything for a complete stranger. The world needs more of these people.
Vinny R.I.P You will be missed...

85_SS_302_Coupe
02-07-2007, 08:17 PM
Shortly after i joined this forum, i had some health issues. Shortly after that i had a relationship split and it seems like my whole world was falling apart, and Vinny, a guy i didn't even know, called me to console me. I didn't really know him on a personal level like some of you did, but i've spent the last few years watching and chatting and seeing the things he's done for this community, and i'm at such a loss for words. He did so much for all of us.

Only the good die young buddy.... RIP Vinny.

Mike
02-07-2007, 08:31 PM
Vinny was the first fast Mustang guy that talked to me :) Back when I was 16, he came to a few CSS cruise ins. I remember him telling me about his car, back when it was all motor, and his TT plans. He was then, and has remained someone that I look up to. I really do believe if everyone in the car scene acted like him, we wouldn't argue.

One of the nicest people I've ever met. Always anxious to have a conversation, would talk to anyone.

This hits close to home. I'll miss him alot.

ricmcusa
02-07-2007, 11:29 PM
I met Vinny a few years ago. 92 coupe took me to Bdubs in N.KY. Me and Vinny started talkin and poundin beers. The only one I knew was Brian (92 coupe) I have known him most of my life. I drank beer with Vinny for maybe an hour. And I felt like I knew him my whole life. I sold some parts on here and gave the site a percent of that money. I told Vinny it was cheaper than ebays fees. :lol: It wasn't much and he was so grateful I wish I could have given more. He invited me to come hang out with him and check out the twins. Like always I was to busy. I regret that now. He was what alot of men wish they were.:bigthumb
I am just glad he got the stang together and got to drive it and show it.

wild87stang
02-07-2007, 11:58 PM
Im still in shock over all this its crazy! I mean yeah i wasnt close close freinds with him but i knew him and everything and the one thing that sticks in my mind is i had first met him crusing in middeltown when i was 16 and had my 87gt with t-tops yeah i was a young dumb stupid kid but he really never saw me that was always treated me with respect and was one of the nicest peeps ive ever met! I met him way before this site was created and i was here when it first opened and i had been gone for quite some time and i just came back and was talking to him through pm's and was like i doubt you remeber me from like 6 or 7 years ago and he was like yeah i do remeber you and he was always willing to help find parts or just anythign you needed a standout guy for sure!

Black92LX
02-08-2007, 12:18 AM
man i am not even sure when i first became a member i just know it was a few weeks before the new stangbangerz board started up. Back when I had my 4 cylinder and reigned with the slowest car on the board but it was no matter.
I just read and posted for the longest time kind of embarrased to bring the slow mustang around with reading all the stories about everyones car and running the drag strips and the streets. He always encouraged me to come out that no one would care just come to hang out.
Finally got up the nerve and attened the halloween party where the huge tent was made in front of the garage. That was definatly a fisrt I had never been to a party quite like that one. Had never met a single person but Vinny definatly made me feel at home. There were a ton of people there but would make sure throughout the evening that I was having a good time and meeting people. Even had some of the girls step away from the golden pole in the gargae and replace the pole with me so that I would have a good time.
Eventually he made me moderator of the 2.3L section which got lost in one of the site crashes but it doesn't really get too rowdy in there so I never really said anything about it and figured it would be alright.
After that talked to him at many cruises, hooters meets, couple more parties at his house.
Vinny was definatly a standup guy and will be missed. He helped create an amazing Mustang Community in Cincinnati lets keep it rolling. The scene up there is amazing and only can get better with the great things that MD, Champion Ford, Beechmont Ford are doing, lets keep it going Vinny would want that. Hell it's not just Cincinnati I mean the Waylon video was seen around the world!!!
Looking forward to getting the vert going again.
Vinny You Will Be Missed!

Black Horse
02-08-2007, 12:38 AM
I have sat down at the computer several times today to write this tribute to my good friend Vinny, each and every time the words just didn’t do my heart justice. Sitting in the freezing cold garage behind the wheel of the race car (even though it is on jackstands) helped everything finally fall into perspective.

I met Vinny through a rather contorted set of circumstances. Our paths had crossed several times but we never really met. This one day the mutual link between us gave me a small SBZ oval sticker for my race car. It amazed me that this Vinny guy would go to such measures to give me a little sticker. I checked the site out and the sickness began. At first I felt like an outsider, a twisty-turny guy amongst a bunch of drag folk. I finally got up enough nerve to meet some of the folk at the first Hooters cruise, I can still see Vinny’s wide smile and outstretched hand welcoming me to the family.

Everyone has captured so well the Vinny we all knew. But as we grew to be friends I had the chance to see the other facets. Vinny certainly had trials and tribulations throughout his life – what made him different was that he buried his pain through helping others. I have never seen another person that would quit wrenching on his own car, drive halfway across the state to help out someone else. He would even unbolt parts from his project to get someone else running. Vinnys dedication to helping others, however, was only miniscule to his love for Holly and Amanda.

I don’t think many people realize the lost sleep, late nights, and dedication he had for keeping this site running. I often wonder how Holly put up with all of the sacrifice for the love of these chaotic bunch of Mustang nuts. Vinny always had a vision – for the site, for his car, for the future. He was a deep thinker with a passion for mechanical perfection.

His sense of humor is what endeared me to him, whether is was the same perverse wavelength or whatever, he always had me in stitches. His ability to spin a story either verbally or typed onto the forums grabbed my attention and made me want more. His wit could diffuse the most tense of situations. Give him 5 minutes with photoshop and he could make the most manly guy look queer and take ones rusted heap and look fantastic (or verse-visa).

Vinny loved his music too, he always had the amps set on “eleven” – ask him what kind of music he played – his answer most likely would be “loud”. He had a real knack for capturing the moment on video, his video clips of the shows, races or beating the hell out of a phone were priceless. He always seemed to find the right music to add to the video to set the level up 2 notches.

I really don’t think Vinny knew a stranger, he always treated you like you were his long lost brother, he made efforts to find common ground for discussion, and he always sought out the timid newbies to make sure they knew they were welcome to this ever growing family.

All I know is that God’s golden chariot will soon be going “zwee-posh” as the most reverend5oh settles into his newest of projects. I also know that no longer will Racoons be a problem heaven, at least not in God’s trash cans. I hope there is a wing and beer place in heaven so I will know where to look him up when I get there.

God-speed brother of the Mustang, Godfather of the Mafia, Friend. We miss you, and look forward to the time we can once again hoist a cold one with you on the other side!

Stangman
02-08-2007, 01:11 AM
I first met Vinny at the first (I think) Wednesday nite Cruise in, he brought along the lil black coupe with a trunk full of SBZ swag, he gave me a deal on an older hat that i still wear proudly, And i brought some car ads with me one time and to most people thats nothing special, But Vinny absolutely loved the ad for the '90 GT smoking the tires, i remember him saying in a funny voice "Lookey, thats my car!!" I still remember that happy/excited look on his face that everyone has seen in all of his pictures, and he made a point to grab the ad and admire it for a few minutes, hillarious!

92coupe
02-08-2007, 02:23 AM
Well said Dave!

Carl
02-08-2007, 02:24 AM
I met Vinny online while I was still stationed in Italy. The first time I came back for a little vacation I met him in person, wow, what a guy I thought! This crazy ass cracker is funny as hell, I was in tears pretty much the whole time laughing so hard. And just talking to him was talking to someone I had known for years.
Digging back through the ol' pics I found a few that were too good to get rid of. These are from the a big get together at Hooters when we celebrated Vinny and Craig's b-days. Holy cow, what a night that was!! I really plunged into the SBZ crowd that night, the site was still in its infancy so the crowd wasn't really big but enough to take over half of the joint. After Hooters, we went to Peacocks in Ft Wright to drink some more. Who knows these two wild and crazy guys?
http://pic17.picturetrail.com/VOL847/1728444/3872033/47721770.jpg
http://pic17.picturetrail.com/VOL847/1728444/3872033/47721755.jpg
http://pic17.picturetrail.com/VOL847/1728444/3872033/47717793.jpg
The next is from Corral Day '04. Great weekend to say the least. Good weather, great friends, losts of beer and the JUG! Camping, racing, drinking and cripple races made the weekend! I still remember Vinny joining in the support of myself racing up and down the camp site with my crutches...oh my, I hurt so bad but drank so much that I didn't care.
http://pic17.picturetrail.com/VOL847/1728444/5087794/64812549.jpg

I miss you guy...godspeed.

Maximus
02-08-2007, 02:34 AM
Good find Carl. That was a GREAT night.

RI85GT
02-08-2007, 02:49 AM
Here is a pic I took of the Vinman at NMRA Atco in 2002.

Will forever miss yah man ......

http://members.cox.net/rijon/Vinny01.jpg

Camaro86SHOCKER
02-08-2007, 03:18 AM
I met vinny for the first time at edgewater in 2005. I walked up and said who i was and he said "oh so your the shit starting chevy guy on my board that hit on my wife and cut up the mustng" "how the hell are ya doin" and he smiled and shook my hand. He was once of the nicest car guys i ever met, i always looked forward to events where he would be in attendance.

axetone
02-08-2007, 02:54 PM
Vinny has been a friend of the family forever. We were roommates. He was family to me. We partied everywhere, played music, and went through some hard losses over the years. However, there was so much joy in being Vinny's friend.

I cant tell one story from the others, because they all have the same underlying theme...a fun loving guy who would rib the shit out of you any chance he could get. Vinny was a guy who came to my work with a big box...which had hair taped on it which he cut from our other passed out roommate...the box was full of my dirty laundry and he threw it right in the front door of Extra Innings Bar! ...and then came in with a bunch of friends singing happy birthday to me! I was the bouncer at a bar at the time, and I will never forget my dirty underwear being fliung across the dance floor!! (damn..I miss You Vinny!)

I wont miss finding my mattress in the shower.

I might miss the two packs of red-koolaid blasting out of the shower-head ...un-expectedly. Then again, I may just do it to someone else in rememberance of you, fucker!!

I will never forget the half-truths he told me about cars, knowing I never knew anything about them...only to laugh when I'd say something completly stupid...like the time I said, "yeah, I'm gonna get me some SUSPENSION on my car...gonna put me some 90-10's on it...90 in the front, and 10's in the back!" -I can still hear him heaving in laughter, and shock at what I said. Guess I did learn something. Even if at my own expendse, and a few excellent jokes.

Last couple of weeks we ripped out that tranny from the ranger he sold his boss...did the birthday thing with Holly...New Years Eve at my brothers, played music... -every year of my life, he's been a best friend, and big brother to me. I am devastated.

Vinny I love ya bro. Cant wait to see ya smile again someday. May God keep you in his grace.

Stang 38L
02-11-2007, 01:31 AM
First time I met Vinny was in 2002. He came over to my apartment when I lived on Werk rd to drop off some stangbangerz decals. He met my son, Blake, who was a baby at the time. He complimented my apt (since I had so much ford/mustang stuff).

He was just an awesome, genuine guy. I really wish I couldve known him better like you all. Everytime we'd see each other at a show or meet, hed make me feel like we've been buddies forever.

There are far and few people out ther who make an impression on your life. He was truely one of the few that did make a lasting impression. Ill miss you man :(

dedpedal
02-11-2007, 09:55 AM
Im still at a loss for words. Everytime I think of one thing it leads to another and another. Vin was my friend. To say we had some good times together would be a gross understatement. ANYTIME we got together was memorable in a good way. He just had that thing in his perssonality that brought it out of me. I feel my that Im a better person because of my friendship with him.
A recent memory that comes to mind was the trip we took a couple months ago (Halloween) to "drop his car off at ridgid for exausht work" It wasnt to drop it off, it was to install the exhaust. I kept telling him in my own goofy way that Amy was gonna kill me for being out so late. And he allways had something new for me to tell her. The truck broke down (the flux capacitator shorted out) We ran into a ditch (avoiding a sheep that was in the road) or we stopped at a strip bar and ran out of money so we were waiting for his paycheck to be direct diposited so we could get more singles. The wit of that guy allways had me rolling. Amy wasnt mad but she kept laughing as I told her what was going on.
The world keeps spinning on its axis but its a bit lonelier without Vinny.
I was overwhelmed at the number of people who came to pay respect yesterday. I can only strive to repay Vinny by touching others hearts as he did mine. Ill allways miss you guy. Youll be in my heart and on my mind forever.