PDA

View Full Version : memorial car show

7721Cobra
02-08-2007, 12:11 AM
I ran this idea by Moontang, he liked it and told me to post it up. I was thinking that we should put together an annual Vinny Memorial car show, open to all cars. And all the proceeds go in to a College fund for Amanda, and help Holly out. Also hit up local companies for donations to be raffled off. I know Vinny put a lot of long nights in to our beloved board and all the fun things that go along with it. This would be a great way for us to help out the ones he loved.

Stangman
02-08-2007, 01:28 AM
any ideas on the whereabouts of sumthin like this?

Foxxx5oh
02-08-2007, 03:53 AM
i would say either hooters or QS&L...but i aint all with it right now...

ihave1sweetride
02-08-2007, 08:56 AM
Glenn sounds like a great idea to me, i can probably get some donations from some of the companies i work for, i know i can get my Co. to donante something for the cause to get it up and running! Let me know what you need!

Hangingcogs
02-08-2007, 10:14 AM
Just an idea: We can check into the K of C Hall on Blue Rock. QS&L parking lot is way to small.

Black Hole
02-08-2007, 10:20 AM
Just an idea: We can check into the K of C Hall on Blue Rock. QS&L parking lot is way to small.
LR01Cobra, Vinny, and I were planning on meeting this Saturday to discuss the spring cruise....

I would think that we can incorporate both...

beefcake
02-08-2007, 11:50 AM
great idea, i'll see what i can get the dealership to help with

castledude222
02-08-2007, 12:07 PM
im up for anything, its for a good cause

7721Cobra
02-08-2007, 12:24 PM
I think we should do the show separate from our cruse inn's. The cruse inn's give every one a chance to hang out and catch up. I don't think it would be the same if we were all working a show, parking cars, judging, raffles, ect. I was thinking about maybe in June or July, that would give us plenty of time to secure a location, get donations, and get the word out about the show. I kind of want to try to have it when there are no other big show's going on, to give us the maxim opportunity for a good turn out. I just wanted to get the ball rolling now, so we can make this kick ass!

5.0calypso93lx
02-08-2007, 12:30 PM
I think this is an awesome idea. I'll tow my junk up there if I have to...

cstreu1026
02-08-2007, 12:38 PM
Dare I suggest we try to involve TSMC in this?

Mr.Moontang
02-08-2007, 01:22 PM
Dare I suggest we try to involve TSMC in this?

I have already spoken to Dave Curry the TSMC president about Vinny...

MrsAPE
02-08-2007, 01:53 PM
i say we do the cruise as vinny wanted it in honor of him. fellow bangers getting together with none of that judging crap. what better way to honor him?

7721Cobra
02-08-2007, 01:58 PM
i say we do the cruise as vinny wanted it in honor of him. fellow bangers getting together with none of that judging crap. what better way to honor him?

I agree thats why I want to do the benifit/memorial show seperate

racinjason
02-08-2007, 03:24 PM
we need to put together a benefit cruise in vinnies memory. he would love to see hundreds of stangs rolling together making that rumble sound that only a steel horse can make.

racinjason
02-08-2007, 03:26 PM
i agree foxbody

Foxxx5oh
02-08-2007, 04:09 PM
we need to put together a benefit cruise in vinnies memory. he would love to see hundreds of stangs rolling together making that rumble sound that only a steel horse can make.

I think we should also combine this idea with the GAC since there are so many that have shown up for that in the past...

bestracing
02-08-2007, 04:28 PM
The GAC had a very poor turn out last year and Craig decided not to do it this year so we could remember it as the great cruise it was.

Things could change but whatever you guys do, the guys from across the river with the bowties and arrows would like to join in and help out in what ever way we can. Vinny was a big influence on our board as well when we started up in Oct. 2002.

MADMOD
02-08-2007, 05:02 PM
We could call it the "Vinny50h Memorial Show" Just an Idea

Bluecrew07
02-08-2007, 05:53 PM
i think that the car show for vinny is a great idea and he would Prolly have a Big smile and a Beer in his hand as he is looking down watching the show go on

Mista Bone
02-08-2007, 06:07 PM
and you'd know for about 30 seconds he'd dump beer (rain) on us just to laugh.......

7721Cobra
02-08-2007, 06:17 PM
We could call it the "Vinny50h Memorial Show" Just an Idea

That sounds like a good name to me.

The Vinny5Oh Memorial show
by:StangBangerz.com

I talked to Moontang extensively, on this this afternoon. I think we are going to wait a couple of weeks, before we really start to get this going. We are going to form a show "committee", but every ones help will be needed and appreciated. I would really like to make this as big and good as possible, open to all cars from imports to rat rods. Please keep posting your ideas, and check back for more details. Anyone willing to help out please let me or Moontang know.

bobtsgt
02-08-2007, 07:00 PM
you know I'm down guys

Johnson1134
02-08-2007, 08:28 PM
ill do anything i can to help?let me know.

Bluecrew07
02-08-2007, 09:46 PM
this is a great idea

tim c
02-08-2007, 09:59 PM
ill do anything i can to help?let me know.

me too

95turbocharged
02-08-2007, 11:28 PM
I'm in for anything for vinny!!!!!!!!!!

TheGirlfriend
02-08-2007, 11:42 PM
I own a salon and would love to donate my services. Please let me know. The least I could do.

ihave1sweetride
02-09-2007, 08:43 AM
I'm sure i can get my Co. to donate some services, especially flyer/copying, Anything let me know!

MrsAPE
02-09-2007, 09:20 AM
I agree thats why I want to do the benifit/memorial show seperate

It can still be a memorial show. Just no judging. We can have raffles. I'll help with that part. We can still raise money for Holly & Amanda. I don't think that anyone who would come to this would mind that there wasn't going to be a plaque for them on best car. Cuz hands down, Vinny's would win. Selling tickets for raffle items? What better way to share about who he was to us and learn what he was to them. I think this year it can be combined. Just not 'normal'. But then again, can anyone tell me what Vinny did anything in a 'normal" way?! :D

Just my 2 cents for what its worth.

ricks_85_gt
02-09-2007, 11:37 AM
Whenever the show is let me know and I Will be there if i have to walk on my krutches I Will be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RDS02Stang
02-09-2007, 03:42 PM
I had a vision the other night of several hundred (yes hundred) Mustangs driving the 275 loop - all flying a window flag in honor of Vinny (maybe the tribute decal).

I called around and I am working with a company to get these - my thoughts were to sell them for a 100% profit to Holly and Amanda.

I just kind of thought that with that many cars going in one big ass circle - Vinny is bound to see it and smile. Of course - as has been pointed out - he probably will spill a little beer on it :)

Just some thoughts.

Oh, and if you know me - you know that I have organized many events and shows - if you want some help just let me know.

:angel:

quik lx
02-09-2007, 04:51 PM
and you'd know for about 30 seconds he'd dump beer (rain) on us just to laugh.......

Because he hated car shows!!!!!!!:D

We should do a drag race event!:cool1: :cool1:

untamed
02-09-2007, 07:26 PM
I had a vision the other night of several hundred (yes hundred) Mustangs driving the 275 loop - all flying a window flag in honor of Vinny (maybe the tribute decal).

I called around and I am working with a company to get these - my thoughts were to sell them for a 100% profit to Holly and Amanda.

I just kind of thought that with that many cars going in one big ass circle - Vinny is bound to see it and smile. Of course - as has been pointed out - he probably will spill a little beer on it :)

Just some thoughts.

Oh, and if you know me - you know that I have organized many events and shows - if you want some help just let me know.

:angel:

I like that idea.:bigthumb

Maximus
02-09-2007, 07:39 PM
Because he hated car shows!!!!!!!:D

We should do a drag race event!:cool1: :cool1:

Ahmen....

Ill get over this empty feeling soon enough, (although I will NEVER forget) and Ill get with everyone in here and start planning something. Vinny and myself have been talking about an event but never came into play. ( I guess we were too busy and well the cruise ins and get togethers take some time to plan) Well guess what, its fuckin time to get un-busy and make this happen.
Please dont ask for any details, cause I dont have any and If I did, its not time to spill the beans.

As our famous leader once said......
:sbowns:
Now its up to us to show him we still do and will continue what he started.

bobtsgt
02-09-2007, 08:18 PM
amen to that brother

98mustanggt
02-11-2007, 03:59 PM
it will be a great event either way just can;t wait he will love it and be watching

Holly
02-15-2007, 11:14 AM
LR01Cobra, Vinny, and I were planning on meeting this Saturday to discuss the spring cruise....

Last night I found some notes he made about how he wanted to do the spring cruise and track day.

jester
02-19-2007, 05:23 PM
Count me in! I would love to help out as well........
Someone please keep me informed as I don't get on here all that often.....

Jeff Aubrey
JesterAmusements
(859) 653-4555 home
(859) 282-7394 cell
jaubrey@fuse.net

Pitviper1996
02-21-2007, 09:03 PM
i personally didnt know vinny but ill help. he sounded like a good dude and id be willing to contribute the best i could

Motorvation
02-22-2007, 09:26 PM
Since I don't have my stang up and running, I am up for any work needed, or whatever.

Mike
02-23-2007, 07:31 PM
I'll be down to donate some phones/accessories for advertising (For the cell store on Beechmont). Let me know!

7721Cobra
03-22-2007, 03:56 PM
Thanks for all the support, we are kinda in limbo right now. We need to figure out something soon!

Reef Blue LX
03-26-2007, 09:45 PM
I had only met Vinny 1 time at the 2006 spring cruise. He made me feel welcome as this was the first stangbangerz event I had attended. He was a very friendly man and it seemed he knew no enemy. I don't get on the site very much, and just found out about Vinny yesterday. I was reading your ideas for a memorial show and went to bed last night thinking about his family and what they are going through. I know some what how they feel as I lost my dad last march due to an unexpected heart attack, things are still not back to normal but it does get easier each day. I haven't raced my mustang, but I have had it to alot of shows. As I was lying in bed I was thinking about the memorial show. You could have the show for everything from the ricers to the rats, do a top 20 award and have it voted on by poplar vote (no judging ) by the club. sell 50/50 tickets. and do a silent auction for the raffle items to raise money for Holly and Amanda. Just some thoughts that kept popping in my mind last night, thought I would put it out there and see what everyone else thinks about it. Holly, you and Amanda are in my prayers!

Doug

Rest in peace Vinny:angel: