PDA

View Full Version : 97 Cobra?

80 hate
02-08-2007, 12:48 AM
First let me say how sorry I am to here about Vinny. I never meet him, but from what Ive read and from what Ive heard others say about him he will be missed. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help his family...

This site has always been helpful when i need info about something and i hope you can help agine.
Im looking at a 97 cobra. I really dont know much about these cars(mod cars)
Can you tell me anything that might be helpful?
1. How much HP did these cars make?
2. Is there a weak spot that I should know about?
3. The car is all stock(not even flowmasters) what would be the first thing i should do?
4. The car has 58,000 miles and the body and int. is mint. What would be a good price?
5.And anyhting else I should know before i start looking.

Thanks for your help.....Russ

cstreu1026
02-08-2007, 10:37 AM
First let me say how sorry I am to here about Vinny. I never meet him, but from what Ive read and from what Ive heard others say about him he will be missed. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help his family...

This site has always been helpful when i need info about something and i hope you can help agine.
Im looking at a 97 cobra. I really dont know much about these cars(mod cars)
Can you tell me anything that might be helpful?
1. How much HP did these cars make?305HP at the crank
2. Is there a weak spot that I should know about? powdered metal rods and cast pistons only good to about 400HP
3. The car is all stock(not even flowmasters) what would be the first thing i should do? 4.30 gears
4. The car has 58,000 miles and the body and int. is mint. What would be a good price?I am thinking $12-13K would be a pretty good price
5.And anyhting else I should know before i start looking.

Thanks for your help.....Russ

I put my thoughts and answers in bold.

venomous_svt
02-08-2007, 12:13 PM
I have the exact same car. Good choice! You definitely want to change out to 4.30's. Mine are being done by MD soon! that and a short throw shifter ie. tri-ax or MGW. heres a link to alot of helpfull info! I paid 10 flat for mine with 58k. Good luck!

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178518

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=317684

JIMS SVT
02-08-2007, 12:45 PM
Or a set of 456's.I have a set for sale if your interesdted.

venomous_svt
02-08-2007, 12:59 PM
how much did your cams run you?

80 hate
02-08-2007, 01:19 PM
Thanks for all your help guys.....Like always you guys kick ass!!!!!!!
I think i can get the car for around 8k I looking for something that is fast and wont put me in the poor house.....I think this is it