PDA

View Full Version : Fundraiser for Vinny!

5.0calypso93lx
02-08-2007, 08:39 AM
My mom just happens to own the Dream Dinners in West Chester at the corner of Tylersville and Cox Roads and they do fundraisers all the time for churches, sports teams, girl scouts, prom committees, PTA's, etc.

If we could get just 500 people in the store in a one month period each making 72 servings, they would write out a check to Holly for $10,000. If we got 500 people into the store each making 36 servings, they would cut a check for $5,000. All you would have to do when you register online is write Vinny Changet Memorial in the comments line and they track it and cut a check at the very end of the month.

We could run it from Feb. 15th to April 15 so that gives people two different menus to choose from. Go visit their website at www.dreamdinners.com to check it out, but basically, you go online and choose from 14 different entrees (they change monthly), select a session time (about 2 hours long and they have both day and evening times) and all you have to do is bring a cooler or laundry basket to bring your meals home in. You can make all of your meals for one month in 2 hours. They basically do the menu planning, shopping, chopping and cleanup for you. All you do when you get to the store is assemble your meals and then take them home, put them in the freezer, then pull them out, thaw them and cook them when you are ready to eat them. The serving price averages about $4 per serving for restaurant quality, healthy, low fat meals (my favorites are the herb crusted flank steak and the steak gorgonzola, but the pork, tilapia, and chicken dishes are very good too).

We don't have to all be StangBagerz memebers to participate, as we can tell all our friends, neighbors and families too. Just make sure that they write "Vinny Changet memorial" in the comments line. Have everyone visit the website, and if groups want to set up private parties to go together, just call the store at 779-3555 and they'll set that up too. There is an e-vite that I can send to anyone interested so that they can forward it to everyone they know to get as many people into the fundraiser as possible.

Let's raise as much as we can for Vinny's family. Everyone has to eat, so you're not going to be spending money on something that you would normally have to buy anyway (food). My mom said she will also donate meals to Holly as well.

bestracing
02-08-2007, 08:51 AM
Posted this on NKYFBA to help pass the word along.

5.0calypso93lx
02-08-2007, 11:05 AM
Posted this on NKYFBA to help pass the word along.

Thanks I appreciate it.

Brian-Mc
02-08-2007, 12:40 PM
Just a thought... for those of us who do not live close enough to actually come into the store... If your mom is willing... allow people to purchase meals and then donate the meals to some charity or church. This way not only will Vinny's family benifit from this but others will be able to benifit in Vinny's Name.

5.0calypso93lx
02-08-2007, 02:08 PM
Just a thought... for those of us who do not live close enough to actually come into the store... If your mom is willing... allow people to purchase meals and then donate the meals to some charity or church. This way not only will Vinny's family benifit from this but others will be able to benifit in Vinny's Name.

I will show my mom this thread and find out if we can't make something work.