PDA

View Full Version : thinking of getting all new suspension

black90lx
02-09-2007, 11:19 AM
what would be a good set of upper and lower control arms? are upr,granatelli or qa1 k members any good? and kit should i buy to reinforce my torque boxes? does everything i need come in the flaming river manual rack kit or will i need to buy a few other things

thanks for any help on this stuff

and if anybody has any of this stuff for sell let me know

5.0calypso93lx
02-09-2007, 11:36 AM
what would be a good set of upper and lower control arms? are upr,granatelli or qa1 k members any good? and kit should i buy to reinforce my torque boxes? does everything i need come in the flaming river manual rack kit or will i need to buy a few other things

thanks for any help on this stuff

and if anybody has any of this stuff for sell let me know

What are your goals for the car? Street/strip car?

Do not buy anything from granatelli, they are currently in a lawsuit because of their junk parts.

Wild rides has good torque box kits, as well as UMI, who is fairly new to mustangs, but my buddy has been using their stuff on his GN for some time now and its really good stuff.

Its also a good idea to do torque boxes before you do subframe connectors.

As for control arms, I'm running mac solids, but haven't got to test them out yet.

black90lx
02-09-2007, 11:47 AM
it already has subframe connectors. i mainly just drive the car on the weekends and to the track, i really just want drag suspension on it.

331TwistedWedge
02-09-2007, 03:32 PM
get some adjustable rear lower lower control arms ... they are just "trick" to have ... you might want to stuff a bigger tire in the rear *one day* and if you lower your car (springs) you can adjust it up about an inch for some clearance ... other than that, just find deals on the other stuff and roll with it ......

5.0calypso93lx
02-09-2007, 06:16 PM
get some adjustable rear lower lower control arms ... they are just "trick" to have ... you might want to stuff a bigger tire in the rear *one day* and if you lower your car (springs) you can adjust it up about an inch for some clearance ... other than that, just find deals on the other stuff and roll with it ......

I'm with you on that. I'm saving up for the MM adjustable heavy duty lower control arms, but they are almost $400. Pro3i is also a company that makes them, as well as steeda. But i've also seen pics of the steeda's bent like a clothes hanger over on hardcore50.com.

Carl
02-09-2007, 06:33 PM
You could check out Wild Rides suspension packages. Look at package C here...http://www.wildridesracecars.com/chassis2.html

black90lx
02-09-2007, 08:09 PM
i am probably going to get a kit with adjustable uppers and non adjustable lowers

93hulk
02-10-2007, 01:10 AM
Im a big fan of Wolfe Race Craft. They are pricey but you get what you pay for. David Wolfes suspension parts can be found on the world fastest Drag Radial cars. Ever heard of Big Daddy?:D

black90lx
02-12-2007, 08:32 PM
i figured i would spend about $1000 on my suspension what would be the stuff to start out with

bobtsgt
02-12-2007, 08:53 PM
I'm doing Strange struts w/ coilovers, strange shocks, tube K and A arms, single adjustable UCAs. if you are going to drive it more on the street then strip then you might want to look into poly bushings for the control arms. if its more of a track only car then the spherical ends would do better but they are a little harsher on the street. I did the battle boxes on my sn95. they aren't that bad to install but it is recommended you weld them in along with the spot welds underneath.

JonS
02-13-2007, 08:20 PM
UPR makes decent stuff, but I would stay away from Granatelli. QA1 makes pretty good stuff as well. I have the QA1 K member and A arms and have no complaints. I would buy the torque box reinforcements off Ebay or fabricate some if you are able there isn't much to them. The Manual rack kit comes with everything necessary to make it work. The only additional thing that you might want would be some new rack bushings, but you can use the old ones.

black90lx
02-17-2007, 11:58 AM
i think i am going to go with double adjustable uppers and solid lowers. how hard are the uppers to adjust and keep everything lined up?

bobtsgt
02-17-2007, 12:14 PM
double uppers are a lot easier cause yo won't have to take the arm off the body to adjust. you just loosen the jam nuts and turn the larger nut to adjust in and out.

black90lx
02-17-2007, 12:23 PM
i am just worried about adjusting one of them more than the other