PDA

View Full Version : TODAY

R825OH
02-10-2007, 05:31 PM
Just got back from the funeral home, God do I hate them places. Jen and I only stayed long enough to give our condolences to Holly. Just didn't seem like a good time to try introducing ourselves to peeps. :(
REST IN PEACE VINNY:angel:

MsBlkramair
02-10-2007, 09:10 PM
I was too upset to really talk to anyone.......couldn't go to the get-together afterwards anyway. I was a freakin mess after the funeral home. I could barely speak words to Holly........just seeing her made me cry.

It was a very nice service though. The flowers were beautiful, and the turnout was amazing. He would've been proud of the impact he made on all those people.

I am still waiting for someone to say it was all a joke and that he is still with us. I cannot believe we've lost Vinny.

FoxEgirl
02-10-2007, 09:16 PM
same for me. It was real hard once I got there for me. Josh was feeling worse than me. Sorry we didnt make it to the gathering afterwards all. :(

bobtsgt
02-10-2007, 09:16 PM
it was a very nice service. I loved looking at all the pictures. The get together after wards was very nice too. Lots of support.

ihave1sweetride
02-10-2007, 09:21 PM
The funeral was very hard.... Although they did a really good job especially with all those pics of Vinny... The reception was really nice, tons of people there, and it was good to see Holly smile, especially when Craig was holding the purse and wearing a rainbow scarf...

Stangman
02-10-2007, 10:26 PM
Yeah both the services and the reception was very nice, I liked the pictures of Vinny, its still hard to believe it was him laying in there, I wanted to believe it was a hoax so bad, I wanted him to get up and say "Hey what are you crying about you saps!!"

A lot of great things were said about our buddy, poor Craig, i cant imagine what it feels like to lose your best friend, thats as close as i've been so far, Kevin said some very nice things as well, and of course so did his family, and that song Vinny wrote, how did it go? I cant remember it all that well, i know it was only 1 verse.

I couldnt bring myself to talk to Holly or anyone else as i got closer to Vinny, It was really tough, I wanted to but i woulda started bawling, I did give Holly a hug right before the reception was over, she reached out about to shake my hand but I hugged her instead, told her to hang in there, her and Amanda. I felt better after that. I feel so bad for her and Amanda, and the rest of Vin's family. I can say it has sank in now, now I can beleive he is gone.

'92Stang
02-10-2007, 10:26 PM
I think Vinny would of been proud of the turnout. Glad I got to meet some more Bangerz. After meeting Vinny's family, I have to say he get's it honest. They are great people. I am so sorry for their loss. RIP Vinny:angel:

untamed
02-10-2007, 10:28 PM
Yes the whole thing was hard but thank God we all have each other to pull us through. I feel so bad for Holly because once it is all over she goes home WITHOUT Vinny. That sucks bad for her. She is such a great girl, I just love her. Hang in there Holly. We are all here for you.

ADaughen
02-10-2007, 11:26 PM
It was a HUGE turnout, from what I saw. If my exit from this world brings 1/4 of what was there I would have considered that a good job.

I showed up at ~2:45 and it was a good 35 mins to go through the line which was almost out the door. Seemed like a good celebration of his life and a fitting goodbye (if there can be one).

I didn't hang around long, I had a prior commitment ~120miles away I had to attend. I hope everyone made it home ok.

5.0calypso93lx
02-11-2007, 12:17 AM
And I think I'm officially growing a mullet, in honor of the vin man!!!

ADaughen
02-11-2007, 01:21 AM
And I think I'm officially growing a mullet, in honor of the vin man!!!

LOL, that was SOO the 90's. Didn't you see the dates on those pictures?

Sad part is, I had one about that time too. :lol:

LXEnvy1990
02-11-2007, 01:33 AM
I am still waiting for someone to say it was all a joke and that he is still with us. I cannot believe we've lost Vinny.

Yes i said that a couple of times! But it was amazing how many people showed up! Thats great, Vinny is very loved by many!

Mr.Moontang
02-11-2007, 02:01 AM
It was a very nice service... I know I should not have done it but it felt good laying down some rubber in the parking lot for the Vin-man, I think he would of approved of it... The get together after the lay out was awesome as well so many people all there for the same reason, the love people have for Vinny is incredible.

higgy87
02-11-2007, 02:16 AM
I'm so sorry guys, I really am. I havent been around much at all, I just got in town last night from chicago and craig called me up and told me. very very sad, all this is too much, im tearin up.

much thanks to vinny and his family, they invited me in and really got me involved in our little mustang world and eventually in my career today.

i just cant believe this, its all too overwhelming.

i'll miss you buddy.:(

Mista Bone
02-11-2007, 02:26 AM
Cop never showed up..........Moontang your safe!

Drive home from Dickmans = I cried like a baby.

Yet I had to smile.......some lame ass song came on the radio and I buried the tach in 3rd gear.........and left it there for a bit............maybe too long!!!!

Thanks Vin. hope the other crackers got home safely.

ADaughen
02-11-2007, 02:29 AM
Leaving the viewing, I pulled out right behind a squad car. But he was busy running backup for another officer that had a mini-van pulled over at the gas station. (phew)

DeckerEnt
02-11-2007, 02:41 AM
Didn't make it to dickmans. The lay out was wonderful and sad as hell with everyone just letting go and crying all over the place. The turn out was huge. The after get together was huge as well. I think almost everyone showed. Vinny would be proud. He was probably looking down from heaven above and thinking " I am missing a pretty good party down there."
Well dude, I hope the party up there is just as good. See ya.
Keith

true
02-11-2007, 04:16 AM
Cop never showed up..........Moontang your safe!

Drive home from Dickmans = I cried like a baby.

Yet I had to smile.......some lame ass song came on the radio and I buried the tach in 3rd gear.........and left it there for a bit............maybe too long!!!!

Thanks Vin. hope the other crackers got home safely.

I know what ya mean.after leaving the service i threw in a pantera cd and let the stang stretch its legs on 275.ended up blowing the pasenger side header gasket.:D

Pops Fun
02-11-2007, 05:28 AM
Funerals suck!! It was good seeing everyone and seeing Holly. The party after was better... got to tlak to my favorite peeps..:)

Vinny would have enjoyed it!!

Pops

plated
02-11-2007, 07:07 AM
it was a nice turnout,lots of people.lots of stangs.just wish we were getting all together for another reason besides vinnys funeral.he would have been proud,to see everyone ......................rip buddy :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Black Horse
02-11-2007, 08:04 AM
The turnout was TREMENDOUS! Just goes to show that one person CAN make a difference!

We were sitting at the gathering after the visitation looking at the throngs and discussing how we don't think we could have ever see such a diverse bunch of folk get together under one roof for one single purpose.

I'm glad so many came to show their love, I know that those that could not make it were there in spirit as well. Not only has this family grown, it has become much closer together.

RACEME
02-11-2007, 08:10 AM
Well said. Vinny not only made a difference, he WAS the difference!

mach_u
02-11-2007, 10:03 AM
I haven't cried so much in years. The whole thing was very surreal. It's amazing how much one man could touch so many lives. I was almost concerned the fire marshal was going to show up down at the R though with so many people crammed in there! It was wonderful being able to share stories with the 'bangerz that showed - really helped with the grieving. I'm glad I was able to get off of work that evening as I know I would have been a complete mess leaving the funeral home and going straight to work...

cstreu1026
02-11-2007, 10:18 AM
I can say that is one of the hardest things I have done, so I can't even begin to imagine how hard it was for Holly, Amanda, and the rest of of Vinny's family. As hard as it was I wouldn't even have dreamed of not coming. It was good to see such a great turnout as well. Its testament to just how many loves Vinny touched.

PonymanfiveO
02-11-2007, 12:41 PM
It was a day I wish I never had to live, but being with all you great people made it baerable. I didnt cry as much as I expected yesterday but it seems to be the worst when Im alone. I wish Paul could have made it out. Higgy, Im sorry I didnt call you sooner. We were sitting around talking after everything was over (a little tippsy) and I asked if anyone had talked to you. Thats when Craig got my phone and then got your number from your wife. Congrats on the soon to be little boy too! I wish you could have been there yesterdy.
I realized a few days ago after looking for pics of Vinny on my computer that I didnt have as many pics of my buddy as I thought I did. I promised myself I wouldnt let that happen again, So I was sure to take lots of pics yesterday. It costs nothing to have lots of pics on your computer and I want to be sure to have lots of pics of all you great people. I hope you all do the same.
I'll post some of them in the near future.

thanks everyone, and we all miss you Vinny.
MJ

NXcoupe
02-11-2007, 01:06 PM
It was good to see such a great turnout, but knowing Vinny, it wasn't a surprise. He was a great person, easy to talk too, always ready to lend a hand. I miss him a bunch, it made it a little easier sharing the grief with so many others. Good to see so many friends I hadn't seen in a while being stuck up north here.
Vinny, God Bless, we miss you buddy!

beefcake
02-11-2007, 06:10 PM
It was a HUGE turnout, from what I saw. If my exit from this world brings 1/4 of what was there I would have considered that a good job.

that says it all