PDA

View Full Version : APB: Blue/Green 05 Volvo S40 T5 AWD STOLEN!!

ADaughen
02-11-2007, 01:08 AM
Buddy's car was stolen tonight by two armed men.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/2155000-2155999/2155536_30_full.jpg

The Dayton Police are looking for two males, one white, one black charged with assault and auto theft.

Anyone have any leads needs to contact the Dayton Police.

Or me. I don't have any coin for a reward, but I do have plenty of bullets, and I'll let you put one in a "no-no spot". :mad: :mad:

COOP
02-11-2007, 12:43 PM
That sucks!! I hope they catch the bastards.

Off topic but is the Mazda 3 in that pic an SP??

ADaughen
02-11-2007, 02:02 PM
No, it's an '04 mica black GT. SP came out in 05 or was released ~3 months after I got mine. :(

ADaughen
02-11-2007, 05:11 PM
Need to add:

ETA: got this in an email:

They dumped everything over near the downtown area. and I mean everything. I have all kinds of trash in my car. I do have my registration though. plate number: DKY9307. let your forum buddies know.

There aren't many volvo S40s that color around. I see ~3 weekly between Huber and Miamisburg. The color is Barents Blue Metallic with tan cloth interior. Volvo's 17" x 7" Sagitta Alloy Wheels.

WPAFB base sticker upper left hand side.

ADaughen
02-12-2007, 01:26 AM
The car was recovered!

Dayton's finest found it in one of the worst parts of town. Gotta love that. Nothing like going into a gas station to get a disposable camera and come out to some lovely persons saying "I hate white people". Nice guys... real nice.

They tore up the transmission, blew out the passenger front tire, probably the suspension. Messed up two wheels. Locked up the e-brake (on an awd car) and just floored it. FWD drug the car at least 6'.

Aftermath pictures in the morning.

Thankfully, no body panels or glass was damaged, looks like a replacement of the broken drive train/suspension parts and a good detailing and it'll be back to new.

DeckerEnt
02-12-2007, 01:31 AM
Congrats on the find. Just glad they didn't do any drive bys with it. Happy you got it back in one peice.
Keith

ADaughen
03-22-2007, 06:02 PM
Well, it has been over a month and he still hasn't gotten it out of the shop.

The insurance company is refusing to replace the stolen car "key" (electronic thingy you stick in the dash Volvo charges ~$300 for) nor are they changing the tumblers and replacing the "valet key".

They spoke to the agent, b/c his wife (co insurer) and the agent have had a long history of business. The agent told them that the factory key "isn't part of the car and can't be replaced" they told him "if it gets stolen again, they'll raise his rates."

I got some good advice on another site for him to contact the Ohio Department of Insurance.

Anything else he can do?
He doesn't have $600 to replace one electronic fobs and reprogram both, valet keys and tumblers. SOMEONE still has that other key out there.

Anyone a State Farm rep that would like to kick his agent in the butt?
Anyone offering a good rate for someone who's just been given some rough love by his current insurer?