PDA

View Full Version : Blue Chip Electronics sucks a$$- DO NOT go there!!!

ponyboystroker
02-13-2007, 06:20 PM
Okay so I finally am at my wits end with this company.

Four and half months ago Mach_U and I dropped off my 55" widescreen Mitsubishi television at Blue Chip Electronics in Mt. Carmel on the eastside to have some repairs performed. When we originally took the TV in for repairs I talked to the technician and he said it would be about a week before he would know what was wrong with my set and probably an additional week before I got it back, what a joke.

After talking with them several times and hearing a few different excuses I realized that my t.v. set was not high on their list of priorities. They kept sending the repair technician who was supposed to be working on my t.v. out to do service calls and they would give me the excuse that the guy that normally does the service calls called in sick today, I heard that excuse at least 25 times, no joke. Blue Chip Electronics would never call me with the status of my t.v. so I had to take time out of my schedule and call them ALL of the time. I bet I have called them somewhere around 50 times, in hope of them having good news for me, but it always the same old run around bull$hit.

To make a long story short the company will not go out of their way one bit what so ever to speed up the repair process.

The reason I am making this post is so hopefully I can educate people on the piss poor customer service of Blue Chip Electronics and so that none of my Stangbangerz brethern have to go thru all of the bull$hit that I went through.

Did I mention that I didn't have my kick azz hi-def t.v. for pratically the whole NFL season and Super Bowl? So I will keep my fingers crossed so that I may have my t.v. back by the end of the NASCAR season. :lol:

bobtsgt
02-13-2007, 06:26 PM
time to take it back, tell them to kiss your ass, and take it to Metzel across from St. Thomas Moore on Beechmont. don't pay them a dime

ponyboystroker
02-13-2007, 06:40 PM
time to take it back, tell them to kiss your ass, and take it to Metzel across from St. Thomas Moore on Beechmont. don't pay them a dime

AJ has been trying to talk me into taking it somewhere else for about two months now, but I have been trying to be a nice guy and give Blue Chip Electronics the benefit of the doubt. Everytime I am about to pick it up the tech says "It's got to be this such and such part and it is on order." Why am I such a sucker?

wild87stang
02-13-2007, 06:48 PM
Id give them one more week then id be marching my butt down their giving them a word or two and takin back my T.V.

Stangman
02-13-2007, 06:51 PM
Kick em in the teeth!

bobtsgt
02-13-2007, 06:55 PM
your being too nice. I would be there right this minute strapping the TV to the roof.

95redstang
02-13-2007, 06:57 PM
Piss on it call one of the local newstations..Iteam, Jon Materese or who ever the hell it is...Give them some bad publicity..Watch how fast the bitch gets fixed...Probably for no cost also....

MFIELD
02-13-2007, 07:13 PM
Sounds exactly like a place here in Dayton. I went through the same bullshit, they kept telling me the parts were on order then they put them in and that didnt fix it they needed another, on and on. I finally went and picked it up and told them to shove it. I brought it home and took it apart and they never even had it apart. Good luck.

R825OH
02-13-2007, 07:23 PM
Yeah call Howard Ain , remember He's on YOUR side doitdoit!!

dedpedal
02-13-2007, 07:40 PM
BBB local business asoc and all the news guys. Hells fury is only matched by a scorned woman and people like me.

ponyboystroker
02-13-2007, 08:10 PM
Id give them one more week then id be marching my butt down their giving them a word or two and takin back my T.V.

I have told myself that I would "give them one more week" too many times. That is what I was talking about when I said I would give them the benefit of the doubt.

ponyboystroker
02-13-2007, 08:15 PM
Piss on it call one of the local newstations..Iteam, Jon Materese or who ever the hell it is...Give them some bad publicity..Watch how fast the bitch gets fixed...Probably for no cost also....

Believe me I have thought about it. I have threatened Blue Chip with the Better Business Bureau and the lady that answers the phone said; "You have to do what you have to do." I called the BBB and they really can't do much. It seems like they are just a dispute resolution 3rd party.

This post is my first step at getting them some bad publicity. Originally I was going to wait until I got my t.v. back to start a stink, but like I said I am fed up.

95redstang
02-13-2007, 08:24 PM
Believe me I have thought about it. I have threatened Blue Chip with the Better Business Bureau and the lady that answers the phone said; "You have to do what you have to do." I called the BBB and they really can't do much. It seems like they are just a dispute resolution 3rd party.

This post is my first step at getting them some bad publicity. Originally I was going to wait until I got my t.v. back to start a stink, but like I said I am fed up.

Hell take it to judge Judy..:lol: j/k
Seriously call one of the local news stations...Get their ass on tv..Once people see and hear your story they will lose buss. big time..Then they have 2 choices either close the doors or get their act together...Who is the real ugly dude that use to be on fox 19 news, Tom Sussi something like that...He use to help people that are in your situation..Try Hey Howard, or Iteam, I think channel 5 has one also...
Stop threatening and just do it...They figure if you have threatened them once and never done anything about it, then you never will... Companies get threatened all the time..99% of the people just call their home office to complain..Nothing ever gets done..If you get their company on tv with bad publicity then shit starts rolling...

ponyboystroker
02-13-2007, 08:25 PM
Sounds exactly like a place here in Dayton. I went through the same bullshit, they kept telling me the parts were on order then they put them in and that didnt fix it they needed another, on and on. I finally went and picked it up and told them to shove it. I brought it home and took it apart and they never even had it apart. Good luck.

One of the things that pisses me off is that they won't do jack crap as far expediting the shipping or looking thru the parts that they have recieved until they are damn good and ready.

I know they have this one apart because I have seen it in their repair center, whether they put new parts in it or not, I don't know, I would like to think so.

One of the reasons that I haven't picked this up and taken it somewhere else is because they have put new parts in it, and I don't want to have to pay them for a busted t.v. and then me taking it somewhere else and pay the next shop the diagnosis fee, but maybe it would be worth it. :dunno:

ponyboystroker
02-13-2007, 08:28 PM
BBB local business asoc and all the news guys. Hells fury is only matched by a scorned woman and people like me.

when I talked to BBB it seemed like they couldn't do much. Maybe I should copy and paste my original post and send it to the news stations and see if they can do anything for me.

ponyboystroker
02-13-2007, 09:24 PM
Hell take it to judge Judy..:lol: j/k
Seriously call one of the local news stations...Get their ass on tv..Once people see and hear your story they will lose buss. big time..Then they have 2 choices either close the doors or get their act together...Who is the real ugly dude that use to be on fox 19 news, Tom Sussi something like that...He use to help people that are in your situation..Try Hey Howard, or Iteam, I think channel 5 has one also...
Stop threatening and just do it...They figure if you have threatened them once and never done anything about it, then you never will... Companies get threatened all the time..99% of the people just call their home office to complain..Nothing ever gets done..If you get their company on tv with bad publicity then shit starts rolling...

I just sent a copy of my original post to Howard Ain at channel 12, I cleaned up some of the pseudo cuss words. :lol: Another copy just went to channel 9 I-team. I am also currently looking for contact information at the other local news stations.

03silversnake
02-13-2007, 09:44 PM
Kick em in the teeth!

werd, while they're biting a curb:)

beefcake
02-13-2007, 10:39 PM
i've actually had good luck with them on my big screen that went on the blitz,

came out knew what was wrong in ten minutes, ordered the part, came back in about 4 days and she's been fine ever since

mach_u
02-13-2007, 10:54 PM
Dude I've been telling you forever screw them! I don't know how anybody can stay in business with giving the run around to you like they have. If we kept a clients PC for 4 months without fixing it we would soon lose a lot of business. You can't tell me a TV is that much more difficult to fix than a PC? Screw them. Blast them anywhere and everywhere you can!

mustangboy
02-13-2007, 10:57 PM
Sounds like you need to go pick up your tv and take it home and have them fix it there.:lol:

ponyboystroker
02-13-2007, 11:10 PM
i've actually had good luck with them on my big screen that went on the blitz,

came out knew what was wrong in ten minutes, ordered the part, came back in about 4 days and she's been fine ever since

sounds like you got lucky and it was an easy fix; I am not quite that lucky in this situation.

ponyboystroker
02-13-2007, 11:14 PM
Dude I've been telling you forever screw them! I don't know how anybody can stay in business with giving the run around to you like they have. If we kept a clients PC for 4 months without fixing it we would soon lose a lot of business. You can't tell me a TV is that much more difficult to fix than a PC? Screw them. Blast them anywhere and everywhere you can!

yeah I told that a friend of mine ran a computer business, didn't say any names, and I said pretty much what you just said, and they acted like they didn't give a shit.

Here is how I feel about Blue Chip shithole:

:flipoff: :AR15: :flipoff: :AR15: :booty: :evilflip: :AR15:

MystichromeVert
02-14-2007, 01:24 PM
We had a similar problem with a DVD player that took a few months to get back. They always had an excuse when we called and they rarely ever called us back to let us know where things stood.

When we finally got the DVD player back, the original problem was fixed, but then the FM tuner didn't work right. When we told them to fix it again, they didn't believe us. We literally had to drag the player and the surround sound speakers down to their shop to prove to them that they screwed something up. Then it took another few weeks to get fixed.

I, too, am amazed that the company is still in business. However, when you got companies like Sony giving out there name as "prefered repair technicians", where else are you gonna go?

I was so pissed with my episode that I started digging up info on the owner. I think his name was Robert P. Goldbach... someone needs to get ahold of that schlep and lay into him.

ponyboystroker
02-14-2007, 02:20 PM
I just called that shithole and apparently the tech didn't come in today. Give me a F'n break, we live on the eastside of Cincinnati and my mom drove downtown this morning to go to work at 5:00 AM. I know the roads aren't that bad to where he couldn't get to work. Tack another day onto my 4.5 months and another day onto no one working on my set.

ponyboystroker
02-14-2007, 02:23 PM
Howard Ain replied to complaint in an e-mail. Here is what he had to say:

"Thanks for your letter. Please send a copy to the people you're
complaining about and say a copy has been sent to me, the state attorney
general, and the Better Business Bureau-- and send it out.

Howard Ain"

So how should I deliver the message from Howard Ain without them sabotaging my t.v.?

I hate to be a dick, especially since one of the owner's/partner's is a the father of a friend's fiance, but I think it is fair to say they have screwed me around for A LONG TIME and this is only fair.

mustangboy
02-14-2007, 03:08 PM
Dude you are be waaaaaay too nice. You have been nice to the point that they know that you are not going to do anything. I worked in retail for a long time and being nice will get you what you want most of the time however that time has come and gone 3 months ago. I would definately send the message and then follow thru w/ the lawyer if they still don't respond.

Maximus
02-14-2007, 03:22 PM
Dude you are be waaaaaay too nice. I worked in retail for a long time and being nice will get you what you want most of the time

Thats a shame they are giving him the run around. I will work harder for a nice customer vs a rude demanding customer.

ponyboystroker
02-14-2007, 03:39 PM
I need your serious opinion on how I should handle this situation from here. Should I take a copy of Howard Ain's e-mail and the original post from the discussion forum, unedited, and also possibly the other member’s responses directly to Blue Chip Electronics in person, or is there a better method to follow?

thanks!

bobtsgt
02-14-2007, 03:55 PM
honestly I wouldn't say a thing about it. I would just go up, say I would like my TV back, load it up and take it somewhere else. If they give you shit just explain that how long they have had it V.S. the amount of enjoyment you have received from the TV for the past 2 months. (which is 0) Then say you will not pay for services unrendered and you are going to take your business elsewhere and recommend that everyone else go elsewhere as well. You don't need to explain yourself to them or anything. They have your property and can not keep it from you.

WhiteT
02-14-2007, 07:07 PM
My buddy took his projector there. Took them 3 months to replace the color wheel. Kept giving him excuses too.

ponyboystroker
02-14-2007, 11:04 PM
honestly I wouldn't say a thing about it. I would just go up, say I would like my TV back, load it up and take it somewhere else. If they give you shit just explain that how long they have had it V.S. the amount of enjoyment you have received from the TV for the past 2 months. (which is 0) Then say you will not pay for services unrendered and you are going to take your business elsewhere and recommend that everyone else go elsewhere as well. You don't need to explain yourself to them or anything. They have your property and can not keep it from you.

The reason I haven't picked up the t.v. and taken it somewhere else is because they have a bill going for me for parts that they have put in trying to get the tv fixed. Supposedly they have not charged me any more labor after the first board that they put in to fix the t.v.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I don't want to have to pay them $500 for a busted tv, and then have to take it somewhere else to have the repairs finished.

PaulFiveOh
02-15-2007, 12:19 AM
Hells fury is only matched by a scorned woman and people like me.

rofl!

Paul408Notch
02-15-2007, 12:48 AM
The reason I haven't picked up the t.v. and taken it somewhere else is because they have a bill going for me for parts that they have put in trying to get the tv fixed. Supposedly they have not charged me any more labor after the first board that they put in to fix the t.v.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I don't want to have to pay them $500 for a busted tv, and then have to take it somewhere else to have the repairs finished.

They better not charge you for all those parts if they're just throwing them in there to shotgun a fix. At this point I don't care if the owner is your long lost brother, they're taking advantage of you. Go pick up your TV, and don't pay a dime. If they refuse to give you the TV, give them a copy of the letter and tell them Howard Ain is waiting to see what the resolution is before going any further.

ponyboystroker
02-15-2007, 01:18 AM
http://cincinnati.citysearch.com/profile/8188597/cincinnati_oh/blue_chip_electronics_service.html

check out the link above. This guy is having/had a similar experience to mine with Blue Chip Electronics. I hate to say it, but if this guy's experience is going to be like mine he is just at the tip of a really really tall iceberg.

also found 2 other descriptions.

http://cincinnati.citysearch.com/profile/8188597/cincinnati_oh/blue_chip_electronics_service.html

Wow, not, 3 out of 3 say they do not recommend Blue Chip Electronics!

bobtsgt
02-15-2007, 09:21 AM
I see what your saying. Next time though you may want to look into a company before taking something there. Still sucks though Chris.

beefcake
02-15-2007, 09:55 AM
wow, i must have been real lucky,

i do believe sony game me the # as well, lol

ponyboystroker
02-18-2007, 04:23 PM
Well I am in the process of contacting the supervisors at Mitsubishi Digital Electronics of America customer service assistance and sharing with them how horrible the customer service is at one of their "authorized service centers." I have already talked to one supervisor and he is passing the notes along to next supervisor up from him. I am supposed to recieve a phone call by Wed. from the next supervisor.

Mits has a dept. that offers financial assistance for televisions that are out of warranty, but they say that since I am not the original purchaser and don't have the original bill of sale I may not qualify. I told them that I was in this mess because I looked on their website and went to one of their "authorized service centers." :AR15: I will also be sending a letter about my experiences to Mitsubishi Digital Electronics of America, among many other places, explaining the worst customer service that I have EVER experienced in my whole life.

I will keep you all posted on this continuing nightmare.