PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmmm.. So its Tax Time!!!!

OrangeStang04
02-14-2007, 06:04 PM
I just filed my takes... getting back a hefty return! Most of the return will go for tires for the 18's and a few other Go-fast goodies

Anybody have any good plans for their Tax returns?

ihave1sweetride
02-14-2007, 06:09 PM
You mean you are supposed to get money back from your tax returns???? :D

Guess one of these days i'll get something back instead of owing a fortune! :rolleyes:

OrangeStang04
02-14-2007, 06:11 PM

Guess one of these days i'll get something back instead of owing a fortune! :rolleyes:

Just start claiming Bob as a Dependent... I mean ya have to feed and cloth him.. that should be enough for the discount!!

dsmawd350
02-14-2007, 06:12 PM
moser 9" should be one of the last parts i need to aim to touch tens on a 150 shot

cstreu1026
02-14-2007, 06:13 PM
We're going to Tahoe, well at least I hope we get a refund that covers our vacation.

dedpedal
02-14-2007, 06:21 PM
I dont even want to talk about how Im spending my return.So much for having a life this summer.

ihave1sweetride
02-14-2007, 06:25 PM
Just start claiming Bob as a Dependent... I mean ya have to feed and cloth him.. that should be enough for the discount!!

That's a good idea!!! But i don't think my accountant would be able to pull that one off.

bobtsgt
02-14-2007, 06:27 PM

yea I am important :D she should be getting government aid for my ass :lol:

I'm using some of the money for a street/drag set up so I can get some track time in this year. Then the rest might go towards something for the house.

ADaughen
02-14-2007, 06:47 PM
H&R told my wife we should be getting ~9k back, based only on income. Well whatever he was smoking... when we went in to get our taxes done, his quick form said we OWED 9k. Ended up with the long form, we got 2500 back. Wife was less than pleased. We were hoping to get a bathroom remodeled with the money.

Maximus
02-14-2007, 06:47 PM
We're going to Tahoe, well at least I hope we get a refund that covers our vacation.

Its a Beautiful place. But not a whole lot to do...unless you snow ski:)

wild87stang
02-14-2007, 06:55 PM
I will get to pay off my computer and then im gonna look into either a gear or a shift kit!

Bluecrew07
02-14-2007, 07:02 PM
Plan on putting the car in the 12's and charge it:D

Carl
02-14-2007, 08:01 PM
Mine is paying for the Bradenton trip and paid for the trip home last weekend. :(

88ssp
02-14-2007, 08:33 PM
I'm getting 3500 back and not sure where it's going. I am gonna get some stuff for the sled.

I'd honestly rather owe a couple of hundred than get any back as that just means the government used my money interest free.

mach_u
02-14-2007, 08:58 PM

lol. I hear ya! We are getting a little back from federal which is nice - however it is going to pay off the credit card we put our carpet on. Unfortunately for yet another year I owe for State and a little to the great City 'o Cincinnati. :(

DeckerEnt
02-14-2007, 09:25 PM
Dropped mine off to my tax guy monday. Should hear back tomorrow. I usually get a hefty refund. Forced savings. Paying off my home equity loan and the credit card from x-mas. Do it every year.
Keith

beefcake
02-14-2007, 10:05 PM
owed state $2, lol

but fed did good, i claimed 0 single all year instead of claiming the wife and kids,

paying some CC's and getting a line lock, d/s, and bogarts w/slicks

jlt2006
02-14-2007, 10:25 PM
Subframe connectors and NX kit.

Gene
02-14-2007, 10:52 PM
What's a tax refund? I'm just happy I don't owe a lot this year.

The joys of being self-employed :rolleyes:

MsBlkramair
02-15-2007, 09:24 AM
Goonna be a good girl. I am paying off my big credit card and hopefully buying a new computer. Someone mentioned SFC......I need a set for the black TA......make hit up Craig to order me a pair. Gonna need them come summer!

Kevin Doe
02-15-2007, 09:34 AM
2006 was my first full year of home ownership, so I didn't know what to claim on my W-4, also my first year of contributing to a 401k. With that said, I ended up getting a large return.

Is going to go fast goodies to finish my RX-7 project.

beefcake
02-15-2007, 09:57 AM
2006 was my first full year of home ownership, so I didn't know what to claim on my W-4, also my first year of contributing to a 401k. With that said, I ended up getting a large return.

Is going to go fast goodies to finish my RX-7 project.

if you can live on 0 no dependants do it

some say you should try to set it up so you get it right at 0 to you and 0 for them,

but i'd rather scrounge a bit and get back a hefty check

ain't like i'd have it in the bank making any interest

Kevin Doe
02-15-2007, 10:05 AM
Yeah, financially the smartest thing to do would be to get a zero return or even a small amount owed to the government. But this theory is all dependent on making more interest on the money while its in your hands. That would be all good and dandy, but I'd end up spending the money with it being all dispersed throughout the year. Not that it much matters, I'm spending the money now anyway. Hahahah.

Gene
02-15-2007, 11:47 AM
if you can live on 0 no dependants do it
some say you should try to set it up so you get it right at 0 to you and 0 for them, but i'd rather scrounge a bit and get back a hefty check
ain't like i'd have it in the bank making any interest

Your problem is that if you have anything extra, you're going to sink it into your car. ;)

I get paid mostly on 1099s from the various companies that I do business with, with the exception of my broker-dealer who pays me on a W-2. Plus, I also charge hourly fees to some clients (depending on the type of work I'm doing for them). That makes my taxes an absolute nightmare. I can deduct a ton of expenses, but I still manage to owe the IRS money every year. :rolleyes:

ihave1sweetride
02-15-2007, 11:53 AM
Your problem is that if you have anything extra, you're going to sink it into your car. ;)

I get paid mostly on 1099s from the various companies that I do business with, with the exception of my broker-dealer who pays me on a W-2. Plus, I also charge hourly fees to some clients (depending on the type of work I'm doing for them). That makes my taxes an absolute nightmare. I can deduct a ton of expenses, but I still manage to owe the IRS money every year. :rolleyes:

I hear ya Gene. My taxes are a nightmare, tons of deductions but still never fails that i owe lots of money...

Black Hole
02-15-2007, 12:27 PM
Paying off debt and putting down a new kitchen floor (now that my puppies ripped up some of the linoleum yesterday :mad: )...