PDA

View Full Version : I hate ice!

wild87stang
02-14-2007, 11:29 PM
Well i came home tonight me and jackie and i swing out to come into the driveway and yeah the car went fucking nowhere i thought id come right in over it all like always but the few hours i was gone the fucking snow plows had thrown more snow and ice in front of the driveway so needless to say 20 minutes later and a carlisle cop my dad and jackie all pushing and me digging with a dirt shove i get it into the driveway the spent another 20 minutes digging the end of the driveway out again with dad! I can deal with the snow but this ice has to go!

theyallslow
02-14-2007, 11:42 PM
I it took about 45 mins to open my car doors. and then it started to snow again and I will have to do it all over again in the morning.

one90gt
02-14-2007, 11:48 PM
i took a small rock to the windshield a while back, but got away with a 1/4 inch chip. Today i go to clear ice / snow off the car, and i find that it has a crack growing from it about 6 inches long. F'in cold weather...:mad:

Gene
02-15-2007, 01:25 AM
i took a small rock to the windshield a while back, but got away with a 1/4 inch chip. Today i go to clear ice / snow off the car, and i find that it has a crack growing from it about 6 inches long. F'in cold weather...:mad:

Yeah, my crack in the windshield has grown from about three inches long to about a foot. Guess I'm buying a new windshield in the spring.

Black Hole
02-15-2007, 11:35 AM
No problems here......other than a bad back (that has allowed me to skip work the last 2 days), I've been loving playing with the Jeep in this weather. :D

bobtsgt
02-15-2007, 11:40 AM
my doors have been frozen and only the back ones will open so I climb in through the back usually. even if the drivers door opens it will refuse to latch and lock unless I slam the hell out of it. I've lubed it and put graphite on it but still nothing helps. oh well atleast the damn thing starts :D

MystichromeVert
02-15-2007, 01:43 PM
I've been driving my wifes car the last few days (the 4wd pilot) while my beater sat at the end of the driveway frozen solid. I knew I had to drive my car this morning, so last night I left my wife's car outside and moved mine inside to thaw overnight. Great idea, I thought to myself... no ice scrapping in the morning.

Well, my idea backfired on me as I pulled into the parking garage this morning and tried to roll down the window to scan my card. All of the snow and ice had melted off the car overnight, but the leftover moisture re-froze on my drive in. My window was frozen solid and wouldn't budge. :HYF: for trying to outsmart mother nature.

Ryan218
02-15-2007, 11:49 PM

that happend to our 05 escape on tuesday...then today the Tranny decides to take a dump...AGAIN....3rd time..i guess Ford will put another tranny in it...maybe it will take less then 42 days this time....the turck is nice but damn it also sucks.....im trying to get my mom to trade it in for a new Mustang GT..me and my dad are all for it...:D

mustang8998
02-16-2007, 07:48 PM

Not saying you did this, but always warm-up your vehicle, with the defrost on high. It gradually warms the glass, as the car warms-up. I've had a chip in my windshield, for 2 or 3 years and have no problem. :bigthumb

vypastang
02-17-2007, 03:51 AM
yeah it definitely took me an hour to get out of the driveway last night, fuck you white death and as for you kitty litter ur not fucking helping, wasted about a 1/4 tank of gas just to leave my driveway,