PDA

View Full Version : DD 2007...discussion thread

Maximus
02-17-2007, 04:21 PM
Heres your chance to voice your opinion about the rules of the Dozen.

Please keep the subject to the rules of the DD only. Do not come in here and start bashing someone elses Stang. You have an idea, Id like to hear it.

We have one week before E20 opens up, so lets here the suggestions.

Heres one to start.....

1) Must be a participating member of Stangbangerz. No outsiders. You dont support SBZ you dont run in the Dozen.

Im on my way to my step daughters 10th B-day skating party!!!:D

Badfbdy
02-17-2007, 04:22 PM
2.) Open it up to all makes and models :)

SMOKE
02-17-2007, 04:29 PM
3. Must be "street legal" vehicle with registration, tags ASSIGNED TO THE QUALIFYING CAR, and must be able to prove valid insurance coverage :)

4. Car OWNER must drive vehicle on pass being used to qualify for the DD.

91lxnos
02-17-2007, 05:10 PM
Qualifing pass must be backed up with a run no slower then .10 of previous run at a stangbangerz event.

NA/NOTCH
02-17-2007, 06:05 PM
+1 for street legal!

10lb 308
02-17-2007, 06:32 PM
craig ,do you have a set of wild street rules,should we have a cruise on the last day ,or a couple cruises, thru out the year.from somewhere then to the track:cool1:

LXEnvy1990
02-17-2007, 06:54 PM
:D Must be a FORD motor:HYF:

kennebellcobra
02-17-2007, 07:32 PM
KISS, Maybe take a mileage reading to prove it's driven on the street 1000mi a year min.

93gtstang
02-17-2007, 07:52 PM
I like the street legal thing but not as many rules as most sanctions have, LIKE wipers and horns why, i dont need that shit to drive in the summer??? i wish there was a way to get around the cage thing cause im getting kicked from both tracks this year ;)

331TwistedWedge
02-17-2007, 07:56 PM
well the 1000 miles a year thing is hard for me, i might do about 500 a year just for the fact i like to keep it MINT ... but i do take it out and beat it at the UMTR events & a few weekends its out and about, i think thats enough ...

91lxnos
02-17-2007, 08:03 PM
The drive from here to Indy should put some miles on the car this year but I think 1000 is a bit much some people have multipule cars

orangedemon331
02-17-2007, 08:24 PM
I think with this site growing like it is, and people building other ford powered cars and trucks, maybe we should let in all vehicles ford powered as long as they are an "Active Member"!! My .02

DeckerEnt
02-17-2007, 08:28 PM
I say street cars. Tags insurance etc, must show up at atleast one cruise in. That would prove street worthiness. Plus I love to drool over fast mustangs.
Keith

JonS
02-17-2007, 08:50 PM
I say street cars. Tags insurance etc, must show up at atleast one cruise in. That would prove street worthiness. Plus I love to drool over fast mustangs.

I like this idea. It isn't like we are going to have someone that will want to run around and "Tech" the cars. So I say keep it as simple as possible. I like the idea of a cruise to the race track, however it does present the problem of being pretty far from home without a trailer if the car breaks.

93cobra
02-17-2007, 09:14 PM
only mustangs....this site is called "stangbangerz" last time i checked. keep it simple...street legal, insurance, tags, who cares about wipers & horn. should be able to drive the car from cincinnati to indianapolis easily. slicks should be allowd at the track. if you don't have any, don't cry....go buy some. who cares if you drive the car 20 miles a year or 5000. either it is legal or it isn't. i do think all the cars should be driven to & from a least one or two stangbangerz cruise ins from their home garage. obviously each car will have their own characteristics which make them run the numbers they do. some will have more cubic inch, some will spray, some are turbo, some will be autos, etc etc etc..... #12 on the list might be way more impresive than #2 for what it is & what number it throws on the board......this is for fun...its not a heads up class where everyone is following the same set of rules....who cares a fast mustang is a fast mustang which is cool in my book whether it runs a 12.60 or a 9.60!

95redstang
02-17-2007, 09:22 PM
I think with this site growing like it is, and people building other ford powered cars and trucks, maybe we should let in all vehicles ford powered as long as they are an "Active Member"!! My .02

You know somebody will argue the active member part...Somebody will try to get on the list with 3 posts in the last 4 months...
Maybe have 2 DD days a month from the beginning of the season till the end..have one at tristate and the other at e2o...This way nobody can say well I drove my car to Kilkare ran 9.40 and drove it home but nobody seen it.. Having 2 days would get rid of the bullshit and the lying..That way for those 2 days everybody can show up to witness it...I know I won't make the list..Just trying to give a little idea...
I don't see anything thing wrong with trailering a car...Everybody knows while they are racing something can break at anytime..Piss on a $150 tow bill..Maybe drive to a cruise in or event to prove that it's street legal and can handle a 30 mile cruise if need be....

bobtsgt
02-17-2007, 09:27 PM
witnesses to the times or perhaps some pictures would help arguments

93hulk
02-17-2007, 09:31 PM
I say keep the rules that we had in the previous years except you must be in the top 25 on the list before the DD shoot out. If your not on the list before the shoot out you cant compete. Car must attend at least 1 Stangbanger event. Just my .02.

93 coupe
02-17-2007, 09:35 PM
only mustangs....this site is called "stangbangerz" last time i checked. keep it simple...street legal, insurance, tags, who cares about wipers & horn. who cares a fast mustang is a fast mustang which is cool in my book whether it runs a 12.60 or a 9.60!

Or 8.60's :D

dedpedal
02-17-2007, 09:55 PM
The rules should be open to modification without people bitching and whining like the past 2 years. Remember, its all in fun right? RIGHT?

ADaughen
02-17-2007, 09:57 PM

Looks like we're getting over ruled. :(

Based on last years numbers, the '78 won't have a chance this year... but I'd like to think a year or two under my belt with the new engine, I'll have something worthy of spanking the 10-12 spots. :bigthumb

bobtsgt
02-17-2007, 09:57 PM
that right Kev. its all fun in the sun.

Maximus
02-17-2007, 10:19 PM
Sorry Mike, its STANGbangerz, not STREETbangerz. If you look on the Turbobuick, Chevelle, Nova, or Mopar boards you wont see any Mustangs on their list. It nothing personal, its just the way its going to be.

Street legal as far as Tags & registration match the car, insurance card matches the car and Driver matches the car. You built it, YOU race it.

There are plenty of SBZ events to get your Stang/Capri noticed.
-Spring Cruise in.
-Fall Cruise in
-Running of the Ponys
-Get togethers at variuos car shows (not hosted bt SBZ)
-UMTR Street Stick. I hope to see more SBZ at these events GREAT time!!
-Get togethers at variuos Hooters or other restaurants
-T&Ts at E20 and TS
-Hopefully, the 1st annual Stangbangerz Track day.
-Driving it over to a buddys house to meet with other Stangbangerz to help him get his going.

Attending those will help define how involved you are in SBZ. But, I believe that a DD applicant should be at The Spring Cruise in, Running of the Ponys, SBZ track day, and the Fall cruise in. Now we all have families and cant make them all: thats a valid point, but if you dont make any of those, you shouldnt be on the list. Post all you want, but there is more to this than the message board.
Stangbangerz is made up of Great people, some call us a clic, but I dont care what labels you place on us. We are a strong group, a family that was brought together to share our experiences. Mustangs just happened to be our common thread that has sewn us together. If you dont get what I trying to say, LEAVE NOW.

Keep the ideas coming and thanks for keeping this civil.

Craig

R825OH
02-17-2007, 10:20 PM
Mustangs ONLY !

mustang8998
02-17-2007, 10:34 PM
The rules should be open to modification without people bitching and whining like the past 2 years. Remember, its all in fun right? RIGHT?

It IS all in fun, but some seem to take it too serious!

It should not be that difficult, to come up with basic rules. But, it seems everybody wants the rules, to fit their car.

I'm no where near the "list", but I think it should be simple.

1. A Ford.
2. Licensed, insured.
3. Make at least one event, driving said vehicle.
4. Must be ACTIVE MEMBER, not just post in the "for sale" section ETC.....
5. Owner must be the driver.

The rest, could include a cruise (ala wild/street). I see no problem with running slicks, at the track. So tire change is all good.

I'm sure I missed something, but it will be pointed out, for sure! :rolleyes:

'92Stang
02-17-2007, 10:38 PM
Seems the only thing disputed last year was site participation..Hell, I've worked weekends for 13 years sat, and sunday. I still made the fall cruise in. Seems the current rules are fine. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Just post up, and show up:bigthumb

Black Horse
02-18-2007, 12:09 AM
Here is an idea to throw out to prove the all-elusive SBZ participation issue: You must volunteer and serve at one SBZ event (parking, planning, clean-up, etc., etc.) As we have more and more events, more and more folks will need to pitch in and help make the events a success!

DeckerEnt
02-18-2007, 01:53 AM
Here is an idea to throw out to prove the all-elusive SBZ participation issue: You must volunteer and serve at one SBZ event (parking, planning, clean-up, etc., etc.) As we have more and more events, more and more folks will need to pitch in and help make the events a success!

Great idea. The more help, the better the event. Better events mean more people join. The bigger SBZ gets the bigger the circle of friends gets.
We could call it a circle of a mustang's life.
Keith

LXEnvy1990
02-18-2007, 06:41 PM
I feel a hug coming on!:D

tmotorsports
02-18-2007, 08:26 PM

I agree with this one. I have mustangs But right now my fast one is my Fairmonts.Until I get my 91 GT done hopefully for 2008.I was #1 in Non Mustang list in 2005.

Sharad
02-18-2007, 09:45 PM
last year's rules, Mustangs only, must attend one sbz event in your car.

YouGotJunk
02-18-2007, 09:48 PM
Lets just keep it like it has been in the past..it's always worked out well besides the bitching and moaning..Let's act like ladies and gentlemen and make Vinny proud of the list he organized and set up...let's keep his rules and if there comes a time someone cant abide by them..maybe they should not participate..as long as we stay safe..and have some fun..let our cars do the talking as far as making the list or not!!

dedpedal
02-18-2007, 10:02 PM
I do think safety equipment for the speed/time should be manditory

plated
02-18-2007, 10:56 PM
ALL CARS ROLL IN WITH OUT A TRAILOR........................................... ............

ibstrokin
02-18-2007, 10:57 PM
I do think safety equipment for the speed/time should be manditory

If you made it to the track to run the #, Then the tech guy did his job right? Look, I hear what your saying, but these are for the most part these are street cars first, and well, you know how it is.

The only real rule change I think needs to be made is that my car should always be first, other than that the rules are fine.:lol:

331TwistedWedge
02-18-2007, 11:37 PM
yeah i dont have a cage and may spray a deep 10 ... not legal, but its a number ... its a street car .....

Carl
02-19-2007, 01:32 AM
ALL CARS ROLL IN WITH OUT A TRAILOR........................................... ............
If I get my car done the way I want....then I am am sure as shit not driving it 700 miles to an event...

tim c
02-19-2007, 01:59 AM
only mustangs....this site is called "stangbangerz" last time i checked. keep it simple...street legal, insurance, tags, who cares about wipers & horn. should be able to drive the car from cincinnati to indianapolis easily. slicks should be allowd at the track. if you don't have any, don't cry....go buy some. who cares if you drive the car 20 miles a year or 5000. either it is legal or it isn't. i do think all the cars should be driven to & from a least one or two stangbangerz cruise ins from their home garage. obviously each car will have their own characteristics which make them run the numbers they do. some will have more cubic inch, some will spray, some are turbo, some will be autos, etc etc etc..... #12 on the list might be way more impresive than #2 for what it is & what number it throws on the board......this is for fun...its not a heads up class where everyone is following the same set of rules....who cares a fast mustang is a fast mustang which is cool in my book whether it runs a 12.60 or a 9.60!

:agree:

Timido
02-19-2007, 09:54 AM
I say- Keep the rules simple.

Street legal- Tags paperwork and insurance.

Line em up and run em.

89notch
02-19-2007, 10:01 AM

Line em up and run em.

I agree but you need a few oher rules like ford powered mustang/capri and owner must make the passes Etc.

Kwik92GT
02-19-2007, 10:18 AM

Line em up and run em.
:wstupid:

K.I.S.S. The more rules you make the more f'd up it's going to get. People will have a WAY differing opinion on what a "street" car is and there's no changing that. The more simple you keep it, the more potential participation you have. In the long run you should have more FUN for more people. That's what all this is supposed to be about right?

dedpedal
02-19-2007, 10:20 AM
If you made it to the track to run the #, Then the tech guy did his job right? Look, I hear what your saying, but these are for the most part these are street cars first, and well, you know how it is.

Yea, I know how it is at Tristate. I can driveby the tech guy and flip my tech card out the window at him. I can overlook somethings in the safety equipment, but theres a point when someone might be running a car down the track thats simply dangerous to himself as well as the other driver. Since this is OUR thing, I think we should be policing ourselves for our own good.I really doubt Ill even try for the dozen this year myself, but I will be around to help moderate it and run the events with Craig and whoever else steps up.

mustangoutlaw
02-19-2007, 10:26 AM

Line em up and run em.

I agree also!! And with what 89notch said!!

Timido
02-19-2007, 10:55 AM
I am for what ever it takes to make it a big ole s%&* talking mine is faster than yours King of the Hill Dirty Dozen list. There is going to be some NASTY cars out this year and it is going to be a crazy fast Dirty Dozen.

plated
02-19-2007, 11:06 AM
i don't look at it as the fastest street car shootout no longer.:o it's pretty much who has the fastest car.i't don't look like it will be a streetcar shootout:o just another day at the track:rolleyes: with (trailored)drag cars and a few daily driven true street cars;) not to much fun anymore.but have fun:popcorn:

smytty
02-19-2007, 11:15 AM
i don't look at it as the fastest street car shootout no longer.:o it's pretty much who has the fastest car.i't don't look like it will be a streetcar shootout:o just another day at the track:rolleyes: with (trailored)drag cars and a few daily driven true street cars;) not to much fun anymore.but have fun:popcorn:I agree with you 100 percent, but im just going to try too see were my car stands...:cool2:

Jeff88coupe
02-19-2007, 11:23 AM
I'm all for keep it simple stupid rules.....tags, insurance, owner drives it. Run what ever tires you want at the track, drive or trailer it to the track. I figure most of the cars that try to make the list will be driven to a cruisin or show sometime during the year anyway.

chuck
02-19-2007, 01:06 PM
I think we should keep the rules just like vinny made them...?

like alot of the guys are saying, if the bitching continues...bye. id rather
sit on the couch and watch tv than argue over an event that doesnt pay and was meant to be fun??????????

Just my 2 cents but who am i?,i only made like 5 posts last year...lol.

bobtsgt
02-19-2007, 01:13 PM
I think the mods need to take all this info into consideration and discuss it over in the mod boards then come up with a set of rules that will be set in stone. after rules are set there is no bitching about it. thats what I think.:D

theyallslow
02-19-2007, 01:29 PM
well it sounds like it not going to be to easy to make up the rules.

Timido
02-19-2007, 01:41 PM
Thats why your opinion is needed. I think everyone should voice their opinion and then we should figure out a way to keep on keeping on.

Please remember everyone the Dirty Dozen is for fun.

It sounds like the big issues are

Streetcar---- How do we judge that a car is streetable?

Other Fords? Should they be allowed?

Should the Rules be changed at all?

Ranger50
02-19-2007, 01:56 PM
Streetablity- IF you broke down 20 miles from nowhere, COULD you back the car off the trailer and DRIVE it to the nearest town for help?

I only wish more then Mustanks were on the list. I'm sick of them personally. This place is more then just Mustangs now. Look at the media section, a turbo'd 2nd gen 'maro, a LS1 powered RX7... This IS the place to be for a fill of stupid amounts of horsepower addiction.

Brian

Kwik92GT
02-19-2007, 02:09 PM
Streetcar---- How do we judge that a car is streetable?
THIS will be the biggest issue I see. You can see it starting now. There have always been thinly disguised race cars posing as street cars and no matter what you try and do with certain rules, some of those cars will still find a way to "get it done". You guys shouldn't let this deter you from trying to get in on the Dozen and seeing how it all goes. Run the wheels off what you've got, be proud of what you've accomlpished, and HAVE FUN! :bigthumb

There may even be a need to have a Dirty Dozen for the stangs and then another list of some sort for the folks that don't have stangs but are otherwise Stangbangerz in every other sense of the word. Hell, I don't know.

bobtsgt
02-19-2007, 02:17 PM
streetable should be based on Ohio law. If you can drive your car and pass 10 cops and not get pulled over then you are probally street legal.

Driving the car to atleast one meet should be manditory and hence proves the streetability of the car.

Mabey do another set of cars and call it "the different dozen" where any other make or model car can battle it out without interupting the original list. even have a battle royal at the end where the two lists compete starting from the bottom of both lists dualing eachother.

Just a couple of thoughts :D

smytty
02-19-2007, 02:20 PM
This is STANGBANGERZ- is a Mustank website, so the mustang website made a competion for mustangs..
A street car to me is a car that you could take a short trip in and be okay- no overheating, stop and go traffic is no problem....
I have no problem with everything being allowed into it, but change it to the fastest mustang and not street car:) Like i said no matter what im going to try for a spot, but ill be doing it at full weight, and a car seat in the back :P

Maximus
02-19-2007, 02:23 PM
The track opens next Saturday. (weather permitting) and the rules need to be finalized by Friday, midnight.

So keep the discussion going:bigthumb

chuck
02-19-2007, 02:47 PM
Keep the ORIGINAL rules and if you want to start another list for all makes and models just ask......

THE GOLDEN QUESTION?
What defines a streetcar?
In who's eyes?..........Who judges that??

dedpedal
02-19-2007, 02:52 PM
Keep the ORIGINAL rules and if you want to start another list for all makes and models just ask......

THE GOLDEN QUESTION?
What defines a streetcar?
In who's eyes?..........Who judges that??

Perhaps cracker should pick out an odd number of people who will remain anonymous who vote independantly with no discussion. Craig tallies the vote and the decision rides.

Maximus
02-19-2007, 03:54 PM
What is a street car?

Heres my definition....

1.Run the car at the track on a Friday night(trailered because I would hate the break something then wait on a tow truck to get home at 2am)

2.Drive the living hell out on Saturday & Saturday night to and from Middletown (80+ miles round trip)

3.Get up on Sunday, throw pregnant wife in the passenger seat, fill car up with pump gas(cause Im out of Race gas) and cruise it to Quaker Steak & Lube. Hang out with fellow Stangbangerz, pack wife back in passenger seat and drive it home. (40 miles round trip)

:)

orangedemon331
02-19-2007, 04:24 PM
What is a street car?

Heres my definition....

1.Run the car at the track on a Friday night(trailered because I would hate the break something then wait on a tow truck to get home at 2am)

2.Drive the living hell out on Saturday & Saturday night to and from Middletown (80+ miles round trip)

3.Get up on Sunday, throw pregnant wife in the passenger seat, fill car up with pump gas(cause Im out of Race gas) and cruise it to Quaker Steak & Lube. Hang out with fellow Stangbangerz, pack wife back in passenger seat and drive it home. (40 miles round trip)

:)

Sounds good to me!!:bigthumb :lol:

bestracing
02-19-2007, 04:25 PM
From an outsider looking in I think you should keep true to the boards nature, keep it Mustangs and Capri's only (since the Capri's are mustangs really). Let some other board do the "All Makes".

I'm on here because there are a great bunch of guys here and I like seeing other guys building fast cars.

Sharad
02-19-2007, 04:27 PM
Sounds like NMRA in here. Definitely K.I.S.S.

Same as VINNY designed the rules. Just require appearance at an SBZ event. That was the only hitch we had last year, and I think the decision to can Scott came about as a result of that.

91lxnos
02-19-2007, 04:32 PM
There are other sites with fastest street car dozens (not to take from stangbangerz) and some of the DD members are on other lists also so there is a place for other make and model cars . I for one like the rules as written. I think all those who made the dozen last year discuss the rules and make a decission. The only thing I would add would be NA DD and a power adder DD list, I would love to see some big cube all motor cars We all know the Nitros cars are going to be lass streetable then the Blower/Turbo cars due to higher comp. But all motor these cars are fast just my .02

Sharad
02-19-2007, 04:48 PM
I think Vinny was pretty clear on this. People that didn't like the DD could put their car on the ET LIST. That was his catch all plan. I think it's a good plan.

10lb 308
02-20-2007, 05:46 AM
i still thank ,the street question ,or term can be proved by having a cruse in ,not far from the track ,bring trailers there ,from there have a cruise ,honnering <VINNY for starting dd>to a track short distences away,and mabey do two a year one in the spring ,,,one in the fall ,,,because some peoples car might not be dun till late,some might not last all year.does this sound stupid,i thank the medaiders and 12 dd sould have all final say

plated
02-20-2007, 07:52 AM
i know vinny {personaly) wanted to see the cars driving in a pack like in soldiars formation.headed to the track all of us meeting at an assigned area then driving to the track(it would make a great vid he said also ) just the way vinny wanted uh'becouse he told me thats what he really wanted it to be like,but with all the diaper asses he just let it happen however it happend,but in vinny's honor lets do it like he wanted to do.if your 8 sec car has brembo brakes that glow when you use them on the cruise ,they better stop ya at the end of the track to.STREETCAR WITH A PRE CRUISE and being an active member should qualify you to be on the list,if it turns into trailorede open header cars,i'm out of the dozen just a spectator for here on out.........cuz i can go to the track and watch open header drag cars everyweekend.but since vinnys gone i'm sure the rules will be made by a certain couple people who will turn it into just another day at the track:dunno: :barf: :dork: and them is my last words............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ............

NXcoupe
02-20-2007, 10:19 AM
I agree on the two track dd days a year. We cruised down from Dayton even after Vinny said we didn't have to. It was supposed to show you could drive the car. We did because it was fun, we had a great time, took video, pics, stopped together, helped each other out. Isn't that what this is about? I mean the board and the DD? It's about people coming together to enjoy a sport and hobby we all have in common. Rules are needed to keep everyone on the same playing field. My car was a lot faster all season than it was at the dd run, but I didn't bitch or moan, the car couldn't do it, so I considered it an honor to be among the fastest on this board, regardless of place. I am building another car as budget allows that will be my daily driver and also be used for stick bracket racing and for the dd. I may not have it out this year, but I have already started gathering parts for it.
I think attending the dd race day in spring and fall would be a good idea, a summer one would be nice too. I also think insurance, tags, owner/driver, slicks, trailer ok, and keeping it fun, are the important rules. I haven't had that much fun since I can remember that day of the dd at TS. Everyone was talkin trash and helping each other out. That's what keeps me in this hobby.
/off soapbox/

93cobra
02-20-2007, 01:10 PM
like i said earlier...should easily be able to drive to indy & back & pass a few cops along the journey with no problems. whats so hard about defining a street legal car. do i need to go down to the license bureau and pick up a little book? why is this such an issue? its either legal or its not? we can then decide on little things that may fall into a gray area like: working horn, wipers, exhaust....etc... i'll admit ive drove by cops plenty of times and then stared at my rear view mirror because even though its through full exhaust, if a cop wanted to be an asshole, he could get me for "loud exhaust" breaking some individual town ordinace for so many decibles..etcc. i think the only non street legal item that should be allowed are slicks "at the track"...yes obviously not street legal..but we all know that slicks help let the rest of your cars parts do their job. if the 2 or 3 guys out there are going to bitch about that ...then whatever...maybe i'll go buy some street tires for my motocross bikes before i hit a mud race which would make about the same sense. Mustangs only! PERIOD. Go participate on the chevy monkey or rx7 boards if you have a badass non mustang car...again its "stangbangerz" ...sorry. Trailers....who gives a shit....like craig said, why pay a hillbilly towtruck driver to tear your car up if it breaks, we will have plenty of cruise ins & get togethers this year where we prove the cars steet driving ability. i trailored mine to the track everytime & the same time drove it 96 miles round trip to Quaker Steak in milford from St Leon Indiana without even adding a pinch of fuel. Let your car gain its own honor. Like I said earlier. The guy out there that runs an 11.70 may be ten times more impressive than the guy who runs 9.50 Nobody is stupid! Everyone will know inside which cars on the list are the most impressive in their own ways.

93cobra
02-20-2007, 01:27 PM
There are other sites with fastest street car dozens (not to take from stangbangerz) and some of the DD members are on other lists also so there is a place for other make and model cars . I for one like the rules as written. I think all those who made the dozen last year discuss the rules and make a decission. The only thing I would add would be NA DD and a power adder DD list, I would love to see some big cube all motor cars We all know the Nitros cars are going to be lass streetable then the Blower/Turbo cars due to higher comp. But all motor these cars are fast just my .02

No power adder & power adder DDs would be very cool.

This way more active users could enjoy this whole topic.

Not to mention that if I sprayed mine "which i could right now" i'd be chasing the 8's

Gene
02-20-2007, 01:28 PM
Heres my definition....

I like that definition.

How about this for rules:

1. Must be a Mustang (or Fox body Capri)
2. Tags and Insurance
3. Driven by owner/no hired hotshoes
4. Car must participate in the Running of the Ponys (or similar type of event) to prove streetability.

I see no reason to not allow cars to be trailered to the track for the DD runoff. Things are way more likely to break at the track...I've broken street cars at the track more than once, and that didn't take away anything from the car's streetability.

One other thing...even though they won't be listed on the Dirty Dozen, maybe we should invite the other fast, non-Mustang cars on the board to at least come out and play on DD runoff days. If nothing else, it will give us an idea of where the Mustangs fit in among the F-bodies and other fast street cars in the area. No official recognition, but it would be fun to have those cars there that day as well.

93cobra
02-20-2007, 01:31 PM
i know vinny {personaly) wanted to see the cars driving in a pack like in soldiars formation.headed to the track all of us meeting at an assigned area then driving to the track(it would make a great vid he said also ) just the way vinny wanted uh'becouse he told me thats what he really wanted it to be like,but with all the diaper asses he just let it happen however it happend,but in vinny's honor lets do it like he wanted to do.if your 8 sec car has brembo brakes that glow when you use them on the cruise ,they better stop ya at the end of the track to.STREETCAR WITH A PRE CRUISE and being an active member should qualify you to be on the list,if it turns into trailorede open header cars,i'm out of the dozen just a spectator for here on out.........cuz i can go to the track and watch open header drag cars everyweekend.but since vinnys gone i'm sure the rules will be made by a certain couple people who will turn it into just another day at the track:dunno: :barf: :dork: and them is my last words............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ............

i agree with everything you said. i have no problem marching in like soldiers for certain days...i'm just not going to drive to the track everytime i go this year

plated
02-20-2007, 01:36 PM
i say we all drive our cars to cincyspeed to meet then drive our cars to the track.a no trailor day we can declare it.if you use a trailor at all you are disqualified,to cincyspeed or to the track..how much more simple can that get

LXEnvy1990
02-20-2007, 01:39 PM

No power adder & power adder DDs would be very cool.

This way more active users could enjoy this whole topic.

Not to mention that if I sprayed mine "which i could right now" i'd be chasing the 8's

We'll spray it and chase the 8's! One DD is enough. If it goes 8's i'm sure you'll be in there! But having more then 1 is just to much! In that case just run a, DD small block, DD big block, DD nitrous, DD turbo, DD Supercharged.
Then fuck it might as well break it down to DD small block nitrous, DD small block turbo, DD small block supercharged, DD bigblock nitrous, Etc etc...... See where that would go! Not worth it. 1 DD ONLY!:D

Buckeye
02-20-2007, 01:43 PM
I have not read all this but is this going to be Mustang only Or all foxbodys allowed ? I don't know if this year my 78 fairmont will be fast enough but better bet that next it will be at least mid pac. I also plan on makeing the drive down a couple times this summer

LXEnvy1990
02-20-2007, 01:45 PM
i say we all drive our cars to cincyspeed to meet then drive our cars to the track.a no trailor day we can declare it.if you use a trailor at all you are disqualified,to cincyspeed or to the track..how much more simple can that get

Cool , but what if someone breaks something then what! Whoever breaks something has to come out of there pocket $150-$200 to get there shit home? Fuck that. A cruise or something to prove it streetable would work! You cant ask somebody to drive there car all day, then go to the track beat the balls off it (hope nothing goes) and drive all the way home! Thats not going to work!:cool2:

plated
02-20-2007, 02:11 PM
Cool , but what if someone breaks something then what! Whoever breaks something has to come out of there pocket $150-$200 to get there shit home? Fuck that. A cruise or something to prove it streetable would work! You cant ask somebody to drive there car all day, then go to the track beat the balls off it (hope nothing goes) and drive all the way home! Thats not going to work!:cool2:you got to pay to play..if your car breakes your fucked it didn't hold up to the street test sorry bout your luck call triple a then get it fixed and streetable and try again.so yea you would be a loser and not get put on the list.............................................. ......................

LXEnvy1990
02-20-2007, 02:18 PM
Thats bull shit! Anything can happen out there. So why make somebody go through all that to try to be on the DD! I can give 2 fucks for real i'll have a trailer on call so its whatever! I'm just sayin that its not right!

Maximus
02-20-2007, 04:08 PM
Looks like feathers are getting ruffled here.:lol:

Heres an idea....

I need 4 volunteers.
One from the North, one from the South, West and East.

Each one of you will find a rally point in your area and have fellow Stangbangerz in your area meet there. I then would ask that each group would have an "escort" ie Truck and trailer. The trailer would be used if any fellow SBZ member broke. The truck could be used to pull the trailer and haul the slicks for all these DDs. (if they wanted to run slicks at the track) The truck and trailer would be in the rear of the group for the drive.

Each volunteer would then tell his group the planned route to a central rally point to hook up with all the other Stangbangerz. After all the groups rallied up at the central point, the now large group, could roll into Tri-State. (4 trucks with trailers would bring up the rear)

After all the dust settles and smoke clears, we then head to Hooters to celebrate what a FUCKING GREAT DAY IT WAS and to remember our fallen Brother, Vinny.

The rules will be simple. If you dont like em, you dont have to participate... but we would like to have it so EVERYONE can run. The Dozen will be just that, the DIRTY DOZEN. No DD NA, No DD Power adder, No DD w/AT or manual. I think that an offical list should be taken that day and ALL those who tried to make should be listed. (ie #1-20) But there can be only 1,
Dirty Dozen.

So we will get this "Running of the Dozen" figured out, but the Dozen will start this Saturday (Feb. 24) and run till the end of the season. This wont be mandatory (not everyones Stang will be running) but you better make 2 other events.:HYF:

Keep discussing and Thanks again for remaining civil.:bigthumb

beefcake
02-20-2007, 04:17 PM

Heres an idea....

I need 4 volunteers.

Each one of you will find a rally point in your area and have fellow Stangbangerz in your area meet there. I then would ask that each group would have an "escort" ie Truck and trailer. The trailer would be used if any fellow SBZ member broke. The truck could be used to pull the trailer and haul the slicks for all these DDs. (if they wanted to run slicks at the track) The truck and trailer would be in the rear of the group for the drive.

Each volunteer would then tell his group the planned route to a central rally point to hook up with all the other Stangbangerz. After all the groups rallied up at the central point, the now large group, could roll into Tri-State. (4 trucks with trailers would bring up the rear)

After all the dust settles and smoke clears, we then head to Hooters to celebrate what a FUCKING GREAT DAY IT WAS and to remember our fallen Brother, Vinny.

The rules will be simple. If you dont like em, you dont have to participate... but we would like to have it so EVERYONE can run. The Dozen will be just that, the DIRTY DOZEN. No DD NA, No DD Power adder, No DD w/AT or manual. I think that an offical list should be taken that day and ALL those who tried to make should be listed. (ie #1-20) But there can be only 1,
Dirty Dozen.

So we will get this "Running of the Dozen" figured out, but the Dozen will start this Saturday (Feb. 24) and run till the end of the season. This wont be mandatory (not everyones Stang will be running) but you better make 2 other events.:HYF:

thats a great idea, bangerz helping out bangerz

i'm sure with 4 trailors there, that should be more than plenty

JASON408
02-20-2007, 04:42 PM
that will work craig just let me know when and where . my motor is still at the machine shop so its going to be a month or so but there is still snow on the ground . the first year i was 3rd on the list with a 10.07 last year i was 3rd on the list with a 9.62 that means next year i will have to go low 9s . i hope these help :eek: they flow just a little more than the old ones

Maximus
02-20-2007, 04:50 PM
Mike Bell has volunteered to head the Northern SBZ down to the central point AND his trailer!!

So when we establish a date, he will be the northen guys contact. He will be in charge of finding a Northern rally point and getting all the northern guys down to our central point.

Stay tuned for a date.

THANKS MIKE!!!

Chris? You wanna lead the Eastside crew? Im sure you know some good meeting points and someone with a trailer.

If any side cant get a trailer, I have mine.

Side note. If somone does end up needing a Trailer, how about the towee throws some fuel money at the tower??:bigthumb

slvr87cpe
02-20-2007, 04:55 PM
i can have a trailer for the eastside:bigthumb

10lb 308
02-20-2007, 09:06 PM
man this sounds great im getting cold chills,thanking of when we all meet like 50-60 something cars just owning the fuckin town yea,all for vinny yea,tell me when ,im as excited as a virgen in a hore house ,i dont have a trailer for the south,<florence mob> but will chip in gas money for who does drive :bigthumb :popcorn:

Mavowar
02-20-2007, 09:11 PM
Sittin back watching this thread as I don't own a mustang.
This is StangBangerz. I understand keeping the list dedicated for stangs/capris.(I assume as well)That makes sense to me.
I like the rules that all cars must do a cruise to prove they can be drivin on the street in a group(or smaller groups meeting up) Keeps things honest. If you built it with the intended useage in mind as a street/strip car it will make the cruise. If you built a strip only car and are pretending it's a street car you will know(along with everybody else) you are dreaming. Maximus has some very good ideas with meeting up in groups and having a trailor for each region available. It is unlikely you will break anything serious on a cruise,mostly overheating for cars under-engineered for thier intended purpose. Which is the point of the extended cruise in the first place(weed out the pretenders) Breaking at the track is much more likely as the power hits the pavement in full force. I also like the idea, it is not necessary to drive the car to the track for every event just the mandatory meets to clinch a spot on the DD. Looking forward to seeing the DD at the track this year. Have fun guys!!!

plated
02-20-2007, 09:27 PM
Thats bull shit! Anything can happen out there. So why make somebody go through all that to try to be on the DD! I can give 2 fucks for real i'll have a trailer on call so its whatever! I'm just sayin that its not right!

i'll have a trailor for back up to,if my junk breaks down to,but it's the challenge of proving you have a streetcar to hold up for the big event "dirty dozen streetcar shootout"not being a dick but this was put together to be a streetcar shootout have a trailor for back up but drive it and race it

Walter
02-20-2007, 10:29 PM
man this sounds great im getting cold chills,thanking of when we all meet like 50-60 something cars just owning the fuckin town yea,all for vinny yea,tell me when ,im as excited as a virgen in a hore house ,i dont have a trailer for the south,<florence mob> but will chip in gas money for who does drive :bigthumb :popcorn:

You could'nt get laid in a monkey whore house with a bag full of banana's.

J/K! I just like to say that when i have the rare opportunity.

Walter
02-20-2007, 10:31 PM
whoops.

Rick93coupe
02-20-2007, 10:46 PM
"you couldn't get laid in a monkey whore house with a bag full of banana's."

I love it, that made me laugh!

plated
02-20-2007, 10:55 PM

Heres an idea....

I need 4 volunteers.

Dirty Dozen.

craig i can round up all the eastsiders here at the smyth parking lot,we all can video our trip down to cincyspeed then all of us can convoy to the track,that just sounds like fun the stangbangerz way with vids:popcorn: then a day of all racin our shit.thats why we build our street car right??????????????????????????

Jeff88coupe
02-20-2007, 11:35 PM
I have trailer for the N. KY guys if they need it...my car will be on it to go to the track. But if somebody breaks and needs it to get their car home....i'll drive my car home...their car can go on the trailer.

Maximus
02-21-2007, 12:11 AM
Now we are rolling.
Mike Bell(rscoupe) is gonna head up the Northern SBZ crew.
Chris (Platedturbonotc) is gonna head up the Eastside crew.

Westside? Southside? Who wants to step up? I have a Date in mind and making the call tomorrow.(sometime in June)

plated
02-21-2007, 12:21 AM
tow vehicles won't be an issue theres plenty of us that will get your car home if it don't make it.hoping mine won't be one of the ones getting towed home,but thats that part that makes it a challenge a goal a competition

plated
02-21-2007, 12:30 AM
and i'll take on the resposibility of checking for proof of insurance,drivers licence,and registration. when we meet at cincyspeed in fron't of everyone

Maximus
02-21-2007, 12:52 AM
I have a Date in mind and making the call tomorrow.(sometime in June)

Opps. Different event:D
Anyone have any ideas on when we should have our "Run the Dozen" event?
Im thinking sometime after our Spring Cruise in. That way we can get a preview of some of the Dozen. If your car isnt done, well you can sign up anyway.
That brings up another point.
Last year one of the Dozens member couldnt race his car at the Dozen shoot-out. (the day before he had dental work...OUCH) ANywho, he still showed up to show support for Stangbangerz. In my book, that was pretty FN cool. What Im trying to get at, if your Stang is broke, its ok to come out to an event. Hell talk to fellow members and maybe, just maybe you might recruit help to get your car running again.

And as far as non-mustangscapris in the Dozen, well that still stands. But I think it would be very cool to see EVERYONE in the cruise and busting em off at the track.

Keep this going.

DeckerEnt
02-21-2007, 01:00 AM
Track time is not limited to just mustangs. Bring em out and run em. Who knows what will happen. Maybe you will be looked at better on here. Who knows but run em if you got em. This is all supposed to be fun. Right? Stangbangerz getting together and all.
Keith

cobrajoe
02-21-2007, 01:55 AM
Perhaps cracker should pick out an odd number of people who will remain anonymous who vote independantly with no discussion. Craig tallies the vote and the decision rides.

I am all for the anonymous and independent judges!

Blacksunshine
02-21-2007, 09:24 AM

I think that's a great idea..... We all know that there is plenty of fast mustangs, however we have some cool Chevy/ whatever folks on here that post and go to cruisins/race ... Bring it on !! JUst a thought !!
Not to mention ,I always thought it was cool to see one of us get smacked by a lil Buick V6 grand national.... !!:bigthumb

Blacksunshine
02-21-2007, 09:28 AM

Line em up and run em.

Perfect!

Buckeye
02-21-2007, 09:28 AM
And as far as non-mustangscapris in the Dozen, well that still stands. But I think it would be very cool to see EVERYONE in the cruise and busting em off at the track.

Even fairmonts (foxbody chassis)? Just being sure

orangedemon331
02-21-2007, 10:05 AM
Since my car is being built, I have no problem using Josh's(LXEnvy1990'S) truck and possibly Frank's(93notch's) Trailor for the south, if its ok with them!! I am the DD designated hauler!! :lol:

Maximus
02-21-2007, 11:35 AM
Even fairmonts (foxbody chassis)? Just being sure

For the Running of the Dozen, everyone is welcome to drive the route and race at the track. The official list of the "Dozen" will be limited to Mustangs and Capris. BUT, there will be a complete list for everyone that particptates thou.:)

Buckeye
02-21-2007, 01:23 PM
ok no prob just was hoping to have it as a goal

LXEnvy1990
02-21-2007, 01:34 PM
Since my car is being built, I have no problem using Josh's(LXEnvy1990'S) truck and possibly Frank's(93notch's) Trailor for the south, if its ok with them!! I am the DD designated hauler!! :lol:

My truck is your truck! You know that!:bigthumb

10lb 308
02-21-2007, 07:09 PM
My truck is your truck! You know that!:bigthumb

were we metting fillmores <flo>,dedpedal's is that cool

331TwistedWedge
02-21-2007, 07:17 PM
im getting in the damn dozen this year, even if i have to stick a 150 shot of that f*cker and blow it up ... i think its going to take a 10.50 or a hair better this year ... its going to be a fun season ... i dont care if im 12th!!!!!!! LMAO ... where is robbie and metcalf, i need to argue with one of them ... i cant take this cold weather, im losing it ............... get me the hell outta here ....... :drunk: :AR15: :screwy: :tard:

95redstang
02-21-2007, 07:19 PM
im getting in the damn dozen this year, even if i have to stick a 150 shot of that f*cker and blow it up ... i think its going to take a 10.50 or a hair better this year ... its going to be a fun season ... i dont care if im 12th!!!!!!! LMAO ... where is robbie and metcalf, i need to argue with one of them ... i cant take this cold weather, im losing it ............... get me the hell outta here ....... :drunk: :AR15: :screwy: :tard:

Robbie is recovering from Labia surgery and Metcalf is applying the ointment....:lol:

LXEnvy1990
02-21-2007, 08:18 PM
Robbie is recovering from Labia surgery and Metcalf is applying the ointment....:lol:

:popcorn:

95turbocharged
02-21-2007, 08:32 PM
I think craigs idea is the best! the trucks following is the way to do it. and keep the same rules.:bigthumb

10lb 308
02-21-2007, 11:39 PM
my name is robby not ie<lxenevy>there talking about someone else:popcorn:

YouGotJunk
02-22-2007, 12:26 AM

that's what i'd say you big dummy dummy...had a busy day today getting all these go fast goodies ready to go on the car!!! shouldn't you be out working on your car or something???

331TwistedWedge
02-22-2007, 12:28 AM
that's what i'd say you big dummy dummy...had a busy day today getting all these go fast goodies ready to go on the car!!! shouldn't you be out working on your car or something???

there he is ... lmfao ......... word up big guy ...... get that turbo on .......

91lxnos
02-22-2007, 01:34 PM

I think more like a 10.20+ imo.

Maximus
02-24-2007, 03:10 AM
I think the rules are simple enough.

GOOD LUCK to everyone this year!!!:bigthumb

Silver Bullet
02-24-2007, 12:33 PM
Should I find a little motivation and get my A$$ into the garage and finish my wiring of the car.... I will find a spot somewhere on the list.;)

Jeff88coupe
02-24-2007, 03:04 PM
Yep...I think it's gonna take a LOW 10 just to make the list by the end of the year. There are alot of single digit capable cars coming out this season. Mine is gonna get sprayed how ever much it takes to run in the 9's this year.