PDA

View Full Version : Door Installation

Holly
02-19-2007, 05:21 PM
I need help with the removal of a sliding glass door and the installation of a new door this Saturday. Vinny and I had planned on replacing it this spring anyway.

My sister and I just went and picked out a new door that will open on one side (with a lock and deadbolt) at Home Depot. My bro-in-law is coming down to measure it tomorrow and then we are going to go pick it up. It is supposed to be near 60 this weekend, thought it might be a good time to get this installed, IF anybody knows how to do it, or knows somebody that can do it.

Send me a PM, or call me at the house if you have any ideas/suggestions for help.

And I just want to say THANK YOU to everybody that has been helping me with everything, I can even begin to express my thankfulness. Honestly, I don't know what I would do without some of you. I relied on Vinny for everything. If he couldn't do it, he knew somebody that could.

cobrajoe
02-19-2007, 06:43 PM
Holly,
Let me try and get ahold of Artie and if he can help then I will come down and if not I'll still come down. Let me know what day!

Joe:bigthumb :angel: :coo1:

quik lx
02-19-2007, 10:28 PM
If you dont find any help, give Maggy a call and I'll come help out! Joe:cool1:

DeckerEnt
02-19-2007, 11:17 PM
I think I have to work in the morning and maybe the early afternoon but if I could lend a hand in afternoon or early evening, It would be a pleasure. PM me with the time.
Keith

cobrajoe
02-20-2007, 12:52 AM
I need help with the removal of a sliding glass door and the installation of a new door this Saturday. Vinny and I had planned on replacing it this spring anyway.

My sister and I just went and picked out a new door that will open on one side (with a lock and deadbolt) at Home Depot. My bro-in-law is coming down to measure it tomorrow and then we are going to go pick it up. It is supposed to be near 60 this weekend, thought it might be a good time to get this installed, IF anybody knows how to do it, or knows somebody that can do it.

Send me a PM, or call me at the house if you have any ideas/suggestions for help.

And I just want to say THANK YOU to everybody that has been helping me with everything, I can even begin to express my thankfulness. Honestly, I don't know what I would do without some of you. I relied on Vinny for everything. If he couldn't do it, he knew somebody that could.

Holly,
Let me try and get ahold of Artie and if he can help then I will come down and if not I'll still come down. Let me know what day!

Joe:bigthumb :angel: :coo1:

Here's my fish:HYF: , you got Sat. in your note!!! I'll be down at around 1:30 or so (I get off at 12:40)

Here's to me!! LOL :dummy:

DSSKing68
02-20-2007, 07:26 AM
I am off as well. Call me if you want another hand, I will be free.

235-9431

RACEME
02-20-2007, 08:12 AM
Holly if these guys fall thru, call me. I will load up the tools and get it done.

mach_u
02-20-2007, 09:09 AM
Holly if these guys fall thru, call me. I will load up the tools and get it done.
+1! I'm not Bob Villa by any means - but I'll certainly help you out if you need it. We're only 15min away so just holla if you need anything! :bigthumb

Holly
02-20-2007, 10:13 AM
I think it is going to take more than one person to do this, there is the removal of the present sliding glass door (JUNK) and then the installation of the new door (which will not be sliding glass). I would like someone(s) that know what they are doing in one day, I can't have that area open overnight (obviously). I don't want to sound picky or ungrateful, but I like I said, I would like it done right, so if you know for sure how to do this, maybe a few others could stop down and help Joe get it done fairly quickly.

I hate asking people for help. This just isn't me. :(

H82WRK
02-20-2007, 04:15 PM
let me say something to Joe tonight, he's pretty smart with this stuff and if nothing else he is a big guy and can help hold it!

H82WRK
02-20-2007, 04:29 PM
Holly and Joe,

Just talked to Joe and he said that he can help hold the door or take general instructions from Joe on what to do :) on Saturday morning, just give us a call, my cell is 706-9318.

DSSKing68
02-21-2007, 07:21 AM
I have changed more than one door myself, so call me as well.

235-9431

plated
02-21-2007, 07:27 AM
i can supervise.

RI85GT
02-21-2007, 06:10 PM
Wish I was closer Holly....... I do this for a living

Holly
02-21-2007, 08:26 PM
I got the new door today and Chuck Carter and his step-dad Vic came down a bit ago, they are going to remove the old one and install the new one. His step-dad is a super nice guy (like Chuck) and he knows what he is doing, so they will be here at 9am Saturday morning. If anybody wants to drop by and help them, they are more than welcome.

It just tears me up to read this board and see all the outpouring of support and offers of help. You guys are all great. Now I see why Vinny would drop anything to help anybody - he has MANY friends who would do the same for him.

I can't even begin to thank you all for everything. Not that this is easy or WILL EVER be easy - but it does help, believe it or not.

95redstang
02-21-2007, 08:48 PM
I got the new door today and Chuck Carter and his step-dad Vic came down a bit ago, they are going to remove the old one and install the new one. His step-dad is a super nice guy (like Chuck) and he knows what he is doing, so they will be here at 9am Saturday morning. If anybody wants to drop by and help them, they are more than welcome.

It just tears me up to read this board and see all the outpouring of support and offers of help. You guys are all great. Now I see why Vinny would drop anything to help anybody - he has MANY friends who would do the same for him.

I can't even begin to thank you all for everything. Not that this is easy or WILL EVER be easy - but it does help, believe it or not.

I would volunteer my services but if I had a hammer in my hands you better make sure your medical and home owners insurance is paid up...

quik lx
02-22-2007, 09:26 AM
Glad you got that worked out...Maggy went to surgery today, so I probably couldnt help anyway:(