PDA

View Full Version : Bad Mustang crash

barkey
02-22-2007, 11:23 PM
http://www.460ford.com/viewtopic.php?t=10244

mustangboy
02-22-2007, 11:57 PM
HOLY SHIT!! There was literally nothing left of that car. No one seemed to know for sure about the kind of cage it had but it makes you think it did not have much. Man I feel for his family and loved ones.

Ranger50
02-23-2007, 12:17 AM
My opinion...
There wasn't a cage or even a bar.
He got what he deserved.

Brian

SMOKE
02-23-2007, 01:05 AM
My opinion...
He got what he deserved.

Brian

Cage or not, nobody deserves to die doing something they love doing.
Get a grip dude. :HYF:

theyallslow
02-23-2007, 06:51 AM
ignorance is no excuse, he should have had a cage.

JonS
02-23-2007, 07:36 AM
That is the worst looking race car crash I have ever seen.

NO SHOT
02-23-2007, 08:25 AM
My opinion...
He got what he deserved.

Brian

It should have had a cage.But what the hell??:confused: :HYF:

Ranger50
02-23-2007, 09:17 AM
Ignorance isn't bliss. It is plain stupid.

We all laugh at the "Darwin Award" winners and say they got what was deserved. So why is this any different then those? Some of those people are doing what they "love", aren't they? Just because he was drag racing at the time, we are to give him a free pass? Get a grip. Would you run a stock suspension'd 5.20 1/8th mile car without a cage?

I am not here ABSOLUTELY saying that a cage would have COMPLETELY saved his life, but it sure COULD have helped.

SMOKE
02-23-2007, 10:16 AM
Would you run a stock suspension'd 5.20 1/8th mile car without a cage?

That's not the point, but yes, I would run a cage. However, the guy still didn't deserve to lose his life like you said. What if he was on this site, would you still have said that? I doubt it. I'm not saying I disagree that it was a dumb call to run that car without a cage, but right or wrong, you could still have a little more respect for a guy that just died and for a family that just lost a young guy. You never know who may stumble across this site...

bobtsgt
02-23-2007, 10:21 AM
damn that is bad. sucks that he lost his life but he died doing what he loved though. Hopefully more people understand the importance of a cage and that its just not for looks.

chuck
02-23-2007, 10:43 AM
My prayers are with the friends and family.

NO ONE needs to die over ignorance,everyone makes mistakes in thier life. I know i and everyone else can think of one stupid thing they did in their life--should you deserve to DIE for it??? PH%$K NO. NO ONE DESERVES THAT.

put that in your book.

Black Hole
02-23-2007, 10:50 AM
My prayers are with the friends and family.

NO ONE needs to die over ignorance,everyone makes mistakes in thier life. I know i and everyone else can think of one stupid thing they did in their life--should you deserve to DIE for it??? PH%$K NO. NO ONE DESERVES THAT.

put that in your book.
+1 :(

92BlackStang
02-23-2007, 11:33 AM
that pole shouldnt of been there in the first place, thats the whole reason like the guy said , going thru at over 100 plus and hittin that pole there aint no cage gonna save you , seriosly

ihave1sweetride
02-23-2007, 11:34 AM
That is really sad to here, I thought most tracks required fast(er) cars to have a cage before they race?

bobtsgt
02-23-2007, 12:53 PM
most do but some just pass you since they have your money

Bluecrew07
02-23-2007, 01:00 PM
a car like that Shoulda had a cage no reason for it not to

BUHBYY
02-23-2007, 04:47 PM
it had a cage just not a full spec cage , he was ejected !!! and the car was ripped literally in half ... it is a terrible tragedy but after looking at the pics cage or not I do not think it would matter ?????

Sharad
02-23-2007, 07:08 PM
1. Brian is not the most tactful person on the board, but we all knew that.

that pole shouldnt of been there in the first place, thats the whole reason like the guy said , going thru at over 100 plus and hittin that pole there aint no cage gonna save you , seriosly

2. I strongly disagree. I bet a 25.5 cage would've saved his life.

it had a cage just not a full spec cage , he was ejected !!! and the car was ripped literally in half ... it is a terrible tragedy but after looking at the pics cage or not I do not think it would matter ?????

3. I can't see any signs of a real cage in that car. Remember, lots of people call four point rollbars a "cage". They are absolutely NOT the same thing.

92BlackStang
02-24-2007, 09:01 AM
1. Brian is not the most tactful person on the board, but we all knew that.

2. I strongly disagree. I bet a 25.5 cage would've saved his life.

thats true but lets just say hes running 12.5 at 108 and it gets loose theres no need to cage a car like that , speacially someone who builds there car for the street and not the track maybe he wanted to see what it ran but honestly if the pole wasnt there that wouldnt of happened at all

ADaughen
02-24-2007, 09:12 AM
That is really sad to here, I thought most tracks required fast(er) cars to have a cage before they race?

According to one of the later posters there... they have no tech inspections. :mad: As much of a pain as they can be... they're there for a reason. :HYF:

And he said the rear end started walking before the 1/8th trap but he kept on it. Rear finally grabbed and drove him into the left lane launching his car over the guard rail. :(

Multiple reasons why this driver isn't with us any more.

Looks like Vinny's going to have some competition at the track. :angel: RIP.

Ryan218
02-24-2007, 09:56 AM
man..thats the worst Mustang i have ever seen....you cant even tell its a mustang anymore....i dont think a cage would of helped...then again..who knows but it would of been a hell of a ride..

mustangboy
02-24-2007, 10:49 AM
Tech inspections or not everyone knows the risk when they go drag racing. Believe me I've learned my lessons the hard way................twice. I hit head on into the wall at 1000' around 100mph and did not even have a scratch, I was lucky. When my car took a hard right the the front tire rolled off the rim and the wheel dug a big gouge in the track that nearly rolled the car. My point is that we are each responsible for our own safety. Don't let the track tell you what is safe cause they don't really care. It does not matter if you are in a 13 sec ride or a 8 sec ride you need to make sure your car and you are as safe as possible. This is not an area worth skimping on. Trust me it happens in a blink of an eye and can happen to anyone at anytime.