PDA

View Full Version : newest E2o rumor

ponymom05
02-23-2007, 12:44 AM
Here we go again, E2o sold for real this time?

Here's the story I got tonite...

Engel finally offered up enough dough to purchase the track. Offered 3.6 mil, NO, 4.3 mil, NO, 5 million, OK! Plan is to keep the track open this year, close next year for a year to move the track back toward the trees to allow for a bigger shut down, etc (for NHRA).

True or BS?? Hmmm....

Mista Bone
02-23-2007, 02:33 AM
Why shut the track down?????

Start digging and pouring concrete, make the starting line the 660 or 1000 foot point, the current stands would be in place for watching the topend/finish line area.

ponymom05
02-23-2007, 07:38 AM
Don't know the real particulars, not even sure if it's a rumor again or not. I sure would hate to see it shut down for a year, that's our (UMTR) home track. I guess time will tell.

Timido
02-23-2007, 09:50 AM
I heard lots of rumors one was The deal with Engel was up in the air because he could not get improvment loans on the land. The next day I heard a gravel company bought it. Who knows

BUHBYY
02-23-2007, 12:20 PM
as of yesterday Dick still owned the track , from what I can gather Engle is probaly gonna build a new track in shandon ....

ponymom05
02-23-2007, 12:31 PM
I hope at some point (soon) there is a press release or something so the real story comes out. But the rumor mill sure makes for some interesting theories!!

Timido
02-23-2007, 01:13 PM
I heard the same thing about Engel building a track if he didnt get edgwater. A track in Shandon that would be right up the road from me.

Mista Bone
02-23-2007, 03:51 PM
Why not just Fernald? Surely you could buy it after cleanup for $1 :)

95redstang
02-24-2007, 12:08 AM
Why not just Fernald? Surely you could buy it after cleanup for $1 :)

It's just a matter of time before it turns into a subdivision...There is already wildlife in there..

NXcoupe
02-24-2007, 01:12 PM
Every year someone starts a rumor up here that KilKare is sold to the gravel company. Some people just need a good story to tell! I hope someone does get E2O eventually and improves on it a little. That was the first track I ever raced down, and won at bracket racing too boot.

stroked4eyes
02-24-2007, 01:20 PM
I hope someone buys KilKare and makes it a gravel pit. I can always use another place to get gravel from.

NXcoupe
02-24-2007, 01:53 PM
you suck. Hey know anyone that needs a front license plate bracket? I have one sitting here.

stroked4eyes
02-24-2007, 03:09 PM
Mwahahaha...I do and perhaps a front emblem :)

Mista Bone
02-24-2007, 09:34 PM
Every year someone starts a rumor up here that KilKare is sold to the gravel company. Some people just need a good story to tell! I hope someone does get E2O eventually and improves on it a little. That was the first track I ever raced down, and won at bracket racing too boot.

"Pops" Lawrence was gonna do just that, but Dick was willing to pay more.

Who remembers the bands at Edgewater????

Got and listen to music, get FUCKED UP and then camp/passout.

Sounds luke the beginings of "Camp Dedpedal"

Black Horse
02-24-2007, 09:55 PM
Oh Black Betty..bam a dam.....

I loved jet car nights! Nothing like seeing flaming chunks of rubber and asphalt being thrown into the fence behind the staging lanes and hang there and burn.

Mista Bone
02-24-2007, 10:04 PM
what about the "tree" then??????

BH, what about the sway bar mounting Q I asked 2 weeks ago, you have time to think about it?

Yeah, been two weeks already since........

faith tested.

Timido
02-24-2007, 10:09 PM
Stay on topic we dont care about sway bars@!

Motorvation
02-25-2007, 12:47 AM
I loved jet car nights! Nothing like seeing flaming chunks of rubber and asphalt being thrown into the fence behind the staging lanes and hang there and burn.

I saw my first Jet cars there! What a treat! Everyone must see some jet cars run at least once in their life. Same for Top fuel. A must see first hand experience.

93cobra
02-25-2007, 12:35 PM
father in law talked to Engel last week, lawyers are trying to get the facts about some bill the clinton administration passed that goes into effect in 08' limiting land improvement on river bank properties etc.. if he dosen't buy he already owns 200-300 acres of property over off of paddys run which is next to Fernald in between crosby twp / ross area and stated he will build a track there if edgewater falls through....these talks have been going on for over a year now

dedpedal
02-25-2007, 06:10 PM
"Pops" Lawrence was gonna do just that, but Dick was willing to pay more.

Who remembers the bands at Edgewater????

Got and listen to music, get FUCKED UP and then camp/passout.

Sounds luke the beginings of "Camp Dedpedal"

I was a very impressionable youth......
I also remember the tree that got burnt down for a bonfire.

beefcake
03-13-2007, 08:35 AM
father in law talked to Engel last week, lawyers are trying to get the facts about some bill the clinton administration passed that goes into effect in 08' limiting land improvement on river bank properties etc.. if he dosen't buy he already owns 200-300 acres of property over off of paddys run which is next to Fernald in between crosby twp / ross area and stated he will build a track there if edgewater falls through....these talks have been going on for over a year now

i can confirm that this is indeed what is happening, his NHRA track is supposed to open in 2008.

i heard talks fell through due to an "additional" interest in the track wanting a cut of the money, plus dick trying to keep wanting to keep more of the land etc..

engel said f' it, track will be under water, getting torn up, etc.., take that moeny and build an NHRA track of his own.

heard this from a very reliable source