PDA

View Full Version : I don't even know where to begin....

Holly
02-24-2007, 10:13 PM
I am so overwhelmed with all the help I have been offered and given over the past two weeks. I am sitting here crying just trying to tell ALL of you one thing...... THANK YOU FOR THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART, for the donations, your time, your advice, your kind words, and for being the best bunch of people I have ever met in my life.

I want to thank a couple of people especially for some things that they have went out of their way to do for me (and for Vinny). We were in the process of refinancing this house when this happened, I have the paperwork, but it is not signed, not that it would do me any good, we were refinancing to get some extra money to get some MUCH needed work done to this house, new roof, gutters, new door downstairs, bathroom upstairs refinished, etc.

Jeff Aubrey (aka Jester) - he dj'd a couple cruise-ins for Vinny at the K of C hall - he has been my lifesaver through all of this. He spent the whole weekend here last weekend and completely wired this house for a new security system. He came back over today with his son Josh, and John (Blacksunshine) came and programmed everything, so I now feel safe and secure. John donated a whole security system to me, Jeff spent endless hours wiring it and lost time together with his son today to finish the job. John spent quite a few hours here today also, getting everything set up. He knows what he is doing, that is for sure. They explained everything to met, I think I have it down. Thanks John! You and Jeff are awesome.

Chuck Carter and his step-dad Vic, two of the best guys you could ever ask for. They spent 6 hours here today tearing out the old sliding glass door and putting in new doors, framing it, basically working their butts off. I had never met his step-dad, but he's a great guy, just like Chuck. Thanks to both of you for EVERYTHING you have done, words cannot even begin to express my thankfulness for all you have done. Mark (DSSKING) even stopped by today and helped me move a tub and enclosure and helped supervise Chuck and Vic. ;)

Craig Newport - you've been there for me from the start, I called you first and you took care of letting everybody know for me, taking up a collection of donations and bringing them to me, not once, but 3 different times. You know you were one of Vinny's bestest friends in the world, he loved ya guy, that's for sure. I can't wait to meet Caylee.

Jeff and Kevin - you guys know how special you were to Vinny, I don't even need to tell you that. Thanks for coming over and cleaning up the garage, and getting it ready so I can finally pull my car in there (the Grand Am), plus your moral support, phone calls, everything, means the world to me.

Matt and Ken - thanks for keeping the board running smoothly. He trusted and respected you both, that's why you are in charge.

My brother-in-law Bruce (he DJ'd the first cruise in at K of C hall and our wedding reception) - he is coming over tomorrow and doing the upstairs bathroom for me. Got me a great deal on a new tub and enclosure and will be down here working tomorrow to get it installed. He's a great guy, I know why my sister married him, there is nothing he wouldn't do, for anybody.

My sister probably won't read this, she doesn't get on here much, but I don't think I would of made it through the past two weeks without her. I know a lot of you have met her (Julie). She's got 4 kids, but she has somehow made it a point to be here almost every day, or at least call a few times a day. She took care of so many details of the past few weeks, things I could of never done on my own.

Black Horse - Dave - thanks for all the stickers and making sure everybody is getting what they want. I have had many requests for the memorial stickers and have been handing them out daily. Thank you for taking the time to make extras, probably every day! You are great!

Vinny would be SO proud of everybody that has stepped up and helped me out. I got very emotional today after the new french doors were put in, because he wanted doors like that, that was OUR plan. I'm just so sad that he is not here to see all the work people are putting into this place.

Future stuff I will need help with, no hurry at all, and I don't expect handouts, I just would like "hook ups" instead of paying outrageous prices for stuff - I would like to borrow someone's power washer to get the green slime off the house, this house is looking good on the inside, but low rent on the outside. When spring time comes, I need a new roof, every time it rains, we have shingles laying all over the yard. I did get up in the attic today, nothing is leaking, found some crutches up there :confused: and a box of Vinny's high school stuff. He used to draw some pictures, they brought a smile to my face. He was always doodling something, that's where some of the t-shirt ideas came from.

Gutters are hanging off the house so they will need replaced, or maybe just hammered back onto the house (they are hanging loose). AGAIN, not anything I want nor expect ANYBODY to do for free, but if you know somebody that wants a side job, let me know. Vinny and I had planned on asking these same questions once we were going to start on this stuff. And lastly, which I talked to Chuck about today, these pine trees are overtaking our house, and what really has me worried is the one on the side yard, it is touching the neighbors house now, I'm afraid a storm could break a branch, onto his roof or something. Nothing that needs done now, but if you can PM me with somebody you know that wants a side job, I'd appreciate it. This stuff can wait until spring though.

I'll shut up now. Thank you all for everything, I can't say that or express that enough. Saying "thanks" doesn't even begin to cover the graciousness I feel from the bottom of my heart. It overwhelms me.

Vinny is smiling at you all, I know he is. :angel:

Thank you all SO much.

Love ya all.
Holly (aka Mrs. Vinny5oh)

SMOKE
02-24-2007, 10:20 PM
Holly, you kick ass! I'd be more than happy to help with stuff this spring or summer as I'm sure some other guys from the North wouldn't mind chipping in on an afternoon. If you need anything, don't be afraid to ask :D

DeckerEnt
02-24-2007, 10:23 PM
Holly. My offer to clean the carpets still stands and while I am there I may be able to do some pressure washing as well. You have my number. Call when you are ready.
Keith

92coupe
02-24-2007, 10:25 PM
I have a pressure washer, Would be more than glad to help out.

89notch
02-24-2007, 10:47 PM
I also have a pressure washer and also have the hook up on some shingles 20.00 a SQ for deminsionals just let me know I can load up the trailer with them and bring them down

Jeff88coupe
02-24-2007, 10:55 PM
Yep...I also have a gas powered power washer you can borrow when ever you want this spring. Just let me know.

cstreu1026
02-24-2007, 11:36 PM
I can't say I have ever done anything that you are looking to do, but I can always lend a hand to someone that has the know how.

85_SS_302_Coupe
02-24-2007, 11:56 PM
Holly i've gotta say, something that's been on my mind this whole time since the visitation.....this might sound a little weird since we don't know eachother much, but while waiting in the long line, somehow i had a good view of you pretty much my whole time waiting, and watching you take hug after hug and how strong you stayed through all that really touched me. I guess in a way a person has only two choices when given what you've been given to deal with...you either be strong or you fall apart, but i was very humbled by how strong you stood there and accepted all that attention at a time when i think i would've just fell apart and wanted to be alone. So, i don't know if this is really what i'm trying to say but i was very proud of you for being so strong...you reminded me of my mother (and since you don't know me, that's about as high of a compliment as i can give another woman :D)

Pops Fun
02-25-2007, 12:13 AM
Good to hear from you.

Pops

DeckerEnt
02-25-2007, 12:26 AM
85... That was deep. And the best compliment I have heard on this board yet. Thank you for posting that.
Keith

cobrajoe
02-25-2007, 01:07 AM
Holly i've gotta say, something that's been on my mind this whole time since the visitation.....this might sound a little weird since we don't know eachother much, but while waiting in the long line, somehow i had a good view of you pretty much my whole time waiting, and watching you take hug after hug and how strong you stayed through all that really touched me. I guess in a way a person has only two choices when given what you've been given to deal with...you either be strong or you fall apart, but i was very humbled by how strong you stood there and accepted all that attention at a time when i think i would've just fell apart and wanted to be alone. So, i don't know if this is really what i'm trying to say but i was very proud of you for being so strong...you reminded me of my mother (and since you don't know me, that's about as high of a compliment as i can give another woman :D)

85... That was deep. And the best compliment I have heard on this board yet. Thank you for posting that.
Keith

:agree: :thanks:

R825OH
02-25-2007, 12:49 PM
Anything at all Holly JUst post up and someone on here should be able to help you out

Mr.Moontang
02-25-2007, 01:10 PM
Holly if there is anything thing else Nancy and I can do for you let us know, we would love to bring dinner down again.

Hangingcogs
02-25-2007, 03:22 PM
This is what Vinny created here for all of us, an extended family. Whatever you need, let us know. I'm not good at big work, but, I'll help in anyway possible. Tell Chuck and we will be down!

This family sticks together!

:sbowns:

ihave1sweetride
02-25-2007, 03:47 PM
Holly, you need help with anything around the house when you are ready let me or Bob (bobtsgt) know we some experience with the whole remodeling, could lend a hand. I can get you at least 1 10% of coupon to lowes if you need when you are ready (can be used at lowes of home depot) if you are planing on making any large purchases.

Glad to hear you are hanging in there!

87poopcoupe
02-25-2007, 05:04 PM
all of us here love ya holly ! you know you can count on any of us

dedpedal
02-25-2007, 05:33 PM
You know Amy and I are only a phone call away if you want anything. Im not sure how to put it so Ill just blurt it and hope it comes out right. Youre like family to us and helping you is also helping me, in a way.
Kev

Black Horse
02-25-2007, 05:45 PM
Holly - you have tapped into what makes this group more than just a bunch of car nuts. We are a family and would do anything for each other. Never be afraid to ask for a favor, our reward for helping out another is just knowing we could!

Maybe we should have a group hug at the next event......

Black Hole
02-25-2007, 06:49 PM
Anytime Holly.....Em and I may live across town, but we're still just a phone call away. :D

wild87stang
02-25-2007, 10:43 PM
Holly if you have any drywalling to do let me know and i can ask dad to see if they still have the slightly damaged board for a buck a sheet!

cstreu1026
02-25-2007, 10:45 PM
Holly if there is anything thing else Nancy and I can do for you let us know, we would love to bring dinner down again.

Now there is something I can go. I can cook like a mofo.

MsBlkramair
02-26-2007, 12:05 AM
I would love to be able to do something for you also. I definately feel that I need to. Vinny was such a great guy; he would've done anything for me. And you have helped me out a couple of times with lawyer stuff. I don't know what I can do; but if you name it.....I'll do it.

I don't know how you stayed so strong at the visitiation either. I was a freakin mess after seeing you. I know that we haven't been around all of you guys in the last year hardly; but Vinny would've welcomed us to anything if we were able to be there. It hurts knowing that such a great guy had to leave like he did. I know you and he had a lot of future plans you were working on. I am sorry that somethings will never get to happen. But at least you know that both of you wanted the same things in life and that is why you can feel safe in the fact that he is watching over you and smiling. He couldn't have asked for a better partner in life.

FoxEgirl
02-26-2007, 12:35 AM
Holly - you ever need anything call us. I am totally willing to do anything that I can! Just say the word and I'll help you out any way! Just know we all love you and care so much.

Silver Bullet
02-26-2007, 01:06 AM
Yeah Holley, just a couple of minutes from you, just let us know if you need anything at all, no matter how big or small.;)

BUHBYY
02-26-2007, 02:28 AM
Holly my brother is a roofer I am sure he can take care of you on that end , I agree with everyone when they say you are strong I am praying for you every day and I know with what Vinny started here we will get through this trying time ....

btw I will pm you some info for the roofing if 89 notch can get you the hookup on shingles I can get you a great hook up on LABOR

Big Beth
02-27-2007, 09:34 AM
Holly i'm not sure what i can do toi help with all the things youhave asked about i'll leave that to the guys. But the one thing i can do is be here when you need a freind's shorlder to cry on anytime day or night or y9yu just what to talk abut anything You know how much i love you and Vinny and am always here. Keep strong as we all know you will and call on your family and extended family when ever you need anything Hugs

MrsAPE
02-27-2007, 10:19 AM
Alan and I can offer extra hands for whatever is going down. Post up. If possible, we're there!! I'm good at feeding people. Making sure they have stuff to eat.
You were/are so strong. Your my hero.

Mista Bone
02-27-2007, 03:49 PM
Roofers always need someone to cleanup their mess, I just don't do ladders.

Always willing to help Holly.......

Blacksunshine
03-01-2007, 03:09 AM
You are very Welcome Holly, :bigthumb .

John

DSSKing68
03-01-2007, 07:25 AM
I can supervise with the best of them Holly! I live like 10 minutes from you...let me know if you need a quick anything. I have a meal planned for ya too. I love to cook....Italian sound good??

Holly
03-01-2007, 10:49 AM
Italian sound good??

If I didn't like Italian before I met Vinny, I learned to love it. He could eat it every night, considering he is 100% Italian!

He had been recording The Sopranos, it's about an Italian family, and he was really getting into the reruns of it. That was his Sunday morning routine, get up, get coffee, and watch 2 hours of the Sopranos. I can just hear him bitching about the commercials, they were numerous, which is why he recordeded it and watched it on Sunday.

And of course, we have all the Godfather movies.

Holly
03-01-2007, 05:27 PM
Speaking of food, Scott and Nancy (along with Dave and Craig) brought down dinner last week, I have to say, that was the best meatloaf I have ever had (I think they called it cheeseburger meatloaf)! They left what little bit we didn't eat and I had it for dinner the next night. Turns out Scott is a pretty good cook. :lol:

Thanks guys, that was probably the first real meal I had in quite awhile.

Between Scott, Craig, and Dave, I think they are coming up with some good ideas for a new t-shirt. ;)

Maximus
03-01-2007, 05:46 PM
Hell yeah!! I would like some more of the Loaf!!! :bigthumb

Cherry Blossom
03-01-2007, 08:35 PM
Hell yeah!! I would like some more of the Loaf!!! :bigthumb

Anytime you want to share a loaf - just give us a call and I can get one together in a pinch............:eek:

Black Horse
03-01-2007, 08:57 PM
Pinch...Loaf......hmmmmm

But as far as that meatloaf, dayuum was that tasty! If you are not going to cook it every week for me, please send the reciepe!

Holly
03-01-2007, 09:58 PM
If you are not going to cook it every week for me, please send the reciepe!

:yup:

Stangman
03-01-2007, 10:56 PM
i will help out if needed, just have Scott let me know, since I work at the same place :bigthumb

I will help do whatever it takes, what ever needs done.

VuNiT3
03-02-2007, 02:18 PM
MOM..........THE MEATLOAF..........F$#K!!!

fst 5pto
03-02-2007, 02:22 PM
MOM..........THE MEATLOAF..........F$#K!!!

What is she doing back there? I never know what shes doing back there!

PonymanfiveO
03-02-2007, 02:22 PM
The meatloaf...........WE WANT IT!

Holly
03-02-2007, 04:12 PM
I have had a lot of company over the past few weeks, including a lot of small children that like to pick up animals. Reese (the cat Vinny named because he said she looked like a smooshed up Reese Cup) has been mauled by so many kids. One evening a few days after the funeral, after everybody left, poor Reese just laid on the top of the chair. I think this picture says it all......

untamed
03-02-2007, 04:20 PM
That poor little guy. He looks wore out.

Florida Dave
03-02-2007, 04:27 PM
He looks smoked! :D

Stangman
03-02-2007, 04:28 PM
that is one funny picture!!

kinda reminds me of the old cat poster "hangin around"

Holly
03-02-2007, 04:34 PM
He looks smoked! :D

Reese is a girl. Rudy is our bad boy cat. I'd take a picture of him, but he'd probably attack me. He's NOT happy about all the company, he has attacked quite a few people, including my sister who was coming down every day.

He likes Kevin though, go figure. :lol:

dedpedal
03-02-2007, 04:39 PM
Reese is a girl. Rudy is our bad boy cat. I'd take a picture of him, but he'd probably attack me. He's NOT happy about all the company, he has attacked quite a few people, including my sister who was coming down every day.

He likes Kevin though, go figure. :lol:

Loony cats tend to like me. Adorable pic of Reese.

Mr.Moontang
03-02-2007, 05:51 PM
Looks like our "monster"

ruby71oh
03-02-2007, 07:13 PM
[QUOTE=Holly;245776]Reese is a girl. Rudy is our bad boy cat. I'd take a picture of him, but he'd probably attack me. He's NOT happy about all the company, he has attacked quite a few people, including my sister who was coming down every day.

The best part is he swiped at one of mine and Holly's FAVORITE people!!! Rudy rocks!!!!

jester
03-05-2007, 10:57 PM
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!! Special thanks to John Fay (BLACKSUNSHINE) for the "Silent Knightmare" "Helmet-5000" alarm system! I worked with John 12 years ago at a local alarm company. I lived with Vinny and Jason back then and John came over to our house to hang in the "band room" where he proceeded to SHRED the guitar......John, you are truly a brother and I really enjoyed working with you again. You went above and beyond to help out and your generosity and time are very much appreciated!! Thanks again!
I'm not going to give out his ## here, but, <PLUG> CALL JOHN FOR YOUR HOME AND COMMERCIAL ALARM PROTECTION NEEDS!!!! THIS GUY IS PRO ALL THE WAY!! AND AS HONEST AND FRIENDLY AS THEY COME!!

Holly
03-06-2007, 09:43 AM
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!! Special thanks to John Fay (BLACKSUNSHINE) for the "Silent Knightmare" "Helmet-5000" alarm system! I worked with John 12 years ago at a local alarm company. I lived with Vinny and Jason back then and John came over to our house to hang in the "band room" where he proceeded to SHRED the guitar......John, you are truly a brother and I really enjoyed working with you again. You went above and beyond to help out and your generosity and time are very much appreciated!! Thanks again!
I'm not going to give out his ## here, but, <PLUG> CALL JOHN FOR YOUR HOME AND COMMERCIAL ALARM PROTECTION NEEDS!!!! THIS GUY IS PRO ALL THE WAY!! AND AS HONEST AND FRIENDLY AS THEY COME!!

Yeah, John kicks ass, so does Jeff though. They both spent a lot of time at our house the first couple of weekends, and worked their butts off. At least I feel safe and sound now. ;)