PDA

View Full Version : 6.4 L SCHOOL

93gtstang
02-25-2007, 03:32 AM
Just got back from driving to and from indy 3 days in a row to learn about the new engine, 25,000 PSI fuel pressure, 38-40 Lbs of boost, Egt at the tailpipe in upwards of 1000 degrees during REGENERATION of the DPF, this engine is insane i cant wait to see what some crazy mo-fo's do to it.

craigels
02-25-2007, 01:21 PM
I heard they changed the regeneration to not run while at idle... gets way to hot! These trucks are going to be very hard to hot rod. There are enough sensors in the exhaust system to cause a lot of problems with an aftermarket setup, let alone tuning. Should be interesting though. They run great!

Craig

93gtstang
02-25-2007, 01:31 PM
Yeah they run awesome, No it still goes into REGEN at idle, i got to witness this while at school and it raised the classroom temperature by 15* in a matter of 3 mins., there is a rumor that they wanted to see how much fuel the crankcase could hold, so they got 16Qts in it and it went into regen mode and shot a 6Ft blue flame out of the exhaust, that would be funny as hell. School was very helpful on this new design.

thrillrr
02-25-2007, 02:27 PM
Some of the international reps have told us at the plant that the engine is close to being maxed out and the computer is supposed to tell if it has been tampered with( tuners etc.) but we'll see.