PDA

View Full Version : What a weekend (long)

cstreu1026
02-25-2007, 09:00 PM
Well it started out great. Badfbdy and ToxicGt came over Friday and we had a gret time and a lot of beer. Nothing much happened yesterday well not until last night. When the rain moved in it started as sleet and freezing rain. We had a bunch of that for about 2 or 3 hours. By the time I went to bed the street in front of my house looked like it was covered in a white slush puppy. We were in bed about a half hour when the power went out. My first thought was that we were going to be without power for a while. It came back on for a while and then went out again. All in all we lost power for about an hour. Combined with the wind and rain we got neither my wife nor I got much sleep. Now comes the bad part.

This morning the wife tried to restart her computer and the UPS kept cycling on and off so she turned it off. We figured it most have gotten zapped last night, so we were planning on picking up a new one today. Well she plugged her computer in to a surge protecter and when it powered up she got an error message. Apparently the computer got fried as well and the mother board is toast. When she pulled the UPS out from under the desk she noticed it was pretty warm. I turned it over and noticed the bottom was starting to melt. I am glad we cought it when we did or might have had a nice little fire. It did discolor the carpet a bit, but its about the size of a quarter.

So instead of fixing the computer we decided to look at new ones. She found a good deal on a Mac laptop at Compusa, She called the one in Dayton they didn't have it but the store in Cincinnati did. She called there and they said they had one left in a box and that they would hold it for her. We got there and the manager didn't think he had one but went to check. I was already pissed off because this is not the first time I have had trouble with that store. He came back and started telling how all they had was the floor model which he was holding for some guy that was suppose to be coming from Wisconsin to get it, blah blah, blah. So the computer had a nice scratch on the cover and since it was white it was kind of dirty. I sure as hell wasn't going to pay the same price of the floor model as I would have for one that was new in the box. We asked if there was anything he could do on one of the new models and he fed us this line about how his hands were tied because Apple controls the pricing blah, blah, blah. So instead of trying to make me happy he let a sale walk out the door for the second time in 3 months. Instead we drove to Kenwood Town Center where we spent a sizeable sum of money on a computer for the wife, new video editing software, and Microsoft office for her new computer and my laptop. Too bad for Compusa, they can lick my nuts!

bobtsgt
02-26-2007, 10:48 AM
sounds very eventful. you should have learned the first time :D I usually never go back to a place that pisses me off. For 4 years I never bought anything from UPR again cause they forgot my oil cap and claimed that they shipped it. Scott got me one down in BG so I decided to lift the ban.

cstreu1026
02-26-2007, 03:38 PM
At least we are an all Mac family now. :D I just need to load my new video editing software I got.