PDA

View Full Version : Sub and amp hook up

Bluecrew07
02-26-2007, 12:37 AM
does anyone know if you can hook up subs and amp to the factory Mach460 Sound system? And anyone know how?

cobrajoe
02-26-2007, 01:23 AM
They make a interface now that allows you to tie into the factory stereo and run amps, processors, subs, etc. I have a 2005 Pacifica and I am kinda partial to the steering mounted controls so I went to that shop over in eastgate by the Harley dealer and thats what they told me. I also found it on the web too. Give me a day or two and I'll find it again and post the link up.
Have to agree some factory units are hard to beat now, like the Pacifica it just needs some more power and a sub, The factory speakers are Infinity's:eek: , that shocked me. It even has a center channel. Heck after you put the subs and amps in that thing outta ROCK OUT WITH ITS COCK OUT!!!!! :eek:

mach_u
02-26-2007, 08:39 AM
You just need one of these bad boys: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Hye7WmVyQb6/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=721&I=142SLC4&search=Line+level+convertor, and an Amp Wiring Kit (power, rca's, etc.) - Walmart has a nice 4 gauge setup for less than $30 and of course your amp, box and subs. :bigthumb

quik lx
02-26-2007, 09:07 AM
You just need one of these bad boys: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Hye7WmVyQb6/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=721&I=142SLC4&search=Line+level+convertor, and an Amp Wiring Kit (power, rca's, etc.) - Walmart has a nice 4 gauge setup for less than $30 and of course your amp, box and subs. :bigthumb

What he said, but dont shop at Wal-mart...Wal-mart=gay

Blackballed
02-26-2007, 10:56 AM
You can go to Best Buy or Circuit City and by a good RCA Mod. for around he same price.

Black Hole
02-26-2007, 11:43 AM
Yup.

I've used a line out converter on my 01 and 03 Cobra's since I wanted to keep the 6-disk indash changer. Prior to that I used the RCA pre-amps out of my Pioneer deck.

Both setups were linked to an Alpine V-12 amp bridged to a 12" Kicker Solobaric sub. Plenty of bump to compliment the stock mids-highs. It's not the best sounding system in the world, but it can be pulled out in 30 seconds for weight reduction for the track and it works great for what it is. :D

ibstrokin
02-26-2007, 06:50 PM
pm kennytent, He should be able to get you what you need. He works at spade kreations off of 275.

Sharad
02-26-2007, 10:18 PM
or you can call me at work. We can talk about exactly what you want, and I can offer you the best deal possible. I'd extend that offer to anyone on SBZ.

Sharad @ Xtreme Audio
606.677.2834 9-530pm Mon-Fri

Bluecrew07
02-27-2007, 12:39 PM
or you can call me at work. We can talk about exactly what you want, and I can offer you the best deal possible. I'd extend that offer to anyone on SBZ.

Sharad @ Xtreme Audio
606.677.2834 9-530pm Mon-Fri

You dont work at the one on beechmont do you?

bobtsgt
02-27-2007, 12:42 PM
he lives in somerset so that would be a very long 8 hour comute

Mr.Moontang
02-27-2007, 12:49 PM
he lives in somerset so that would be a very long 8 hour comute

besides that the one on Beechmont is "Extreme sound" :HYF:

Bluecrew07
02-27-2007, 12:59 PM
besides that the one on Beechmont is "Extreme sound" :HYF:

oh yea my bad

Sharad
03-01-2007, 08:33 PM
since I haven't heard from you, I'll just tell you that in general, wherever possible, I'd recommend bypassing as much of the factory electronics as possible.

With that said, you can get great sound with the factory head unit if you use something like JL Audio's CleanSweep equipment... but that's not necessarily the route I'd go.

Bluecrew07
03-02-2007, 03:07 PM
whatever i should use . just want my subs and amp in

Sharad
03-02-2007, 04:49 PM
as has been said, a twenty dollar line level convertor will let you add an amp. If you buy an amp with a remote gain control like the Kicker ZX amps, you can control the subs independently of the rest of the speakers.

Good luck. Call if you need help.

-rad

PKFIRE
03-02-2007, 05:22 PM
First off does your amplifier have hi-level inputs if so you don't have to waste your money on a line level converter.

Little more info
Also to minimize wiring you can buy amplifiers now that senses voltage input to either the RCA's or Hi Level inputs and you don't have to run Led wire. Then you just have to run a power wire from your battery and ground wire to your chassis.

Some more info
Run power directly from the battery because you may overload the power wire you are connected to if you don't(Frying the dash isn't a good idea). wires will become more resistive the more power you pull through them creating lower voltage input to the amplifier which equals lower output= less bass. Also run a inline fuse or breaker a close to your battery terminal.

Use copper wire- Low resisitivity

What kind of amp are you running D class, A/B class, & wattage. Take this inconsideration when sizing your wire.

D class amps are typicall 70-85 percent effiencent creating less heat
A/B class amps 25-30% Usually higher sound quality

If you want anymore info pm me. I can help you size the wire to your amplifier if you want.

Good luck!

Bluecrew07
03-02-2007, 07:06 PM
as has been said, a twenty dollar line level convertor will let you add an amp. If you buy an amp with a remote gain control like the Kicker ZX amps, you can control the subs independently of the rest of the speakers.

Good luck. Call if you need help.

-rad

i have the remote bass already, all i need is the wires to be ran someone to make the box for the subs and the convertor

Bluecrew07
03-02-2007, 07:09 PM
First off does your amplifier have hi-level inputs if so you don't have to waste your money on a line level converter.

Little more info
Also to minimize wiring you can buy amplifiers now that senses voltage input to either the RCA's or Hi Level inputs and you don't have to run Led wire. Then you just have to run a power wire from your battery and ground wire to your chassis.

Some more info
Run power directly from the battery because you may overload the power wire you are connected to if you don't(Frying the dash isn't a good idea). wires will become more resistive the more power you pull through them creating lower voltage input to the amplifier which equals lower output= less bass. Also run a inline fuse or breaker a close to your battery terminal.

Use copper wire- Low resisitivity

What kind of amp are you running D class, A/B class, & wattage. Take this inconsideration when sizing your wire.

D class amps are typicall 70-85 percent effiencent creating less heat
A/B class amps 25-30% Usually higher sound quality

If you want anymore info pm me. I can help you size the wire to your amplifier if you want.

Good luck!

its about a $700 amp im sure it has everthing i have all the wires and the fuse. wires just need to be ran and the box needs to be made