PDA

View Full Version : Silver Bullet, the project continues, pics.

Silver Bullet
02-26-2007, 10:00 PM
Its been awhile... so to bring some of you up to date..... (Thanks for the advice on the pics Kevin... It works!)

Silver Bullet
02-26-2007, 10:04 PM
more pics....

Silver Bullet
02-26-2007, 10:11 PM
a final few....

Black Horse
02-26-2007, 10:24 PM
Looking great guy! I moved you into this spot so we can keep up with your progress!

dedpedal
02-26-2007, 11:29 PM
terry is even more illiterate with computers than me. Glad it worked guy. Looking good.

PonymanfiveO
02-27-2007, 12:00 AM
man I miss seeing that car beat up the streets of Alexandria.

Cant wait to see it out again. ;)

dedpedal
02-27-2007, 12:02 AM
man I miss seeing that car beat up the streets of Alexandria.

Cant wait to see it out again. ;)

I bet ittl be out before yours will.

just seting up a friendly rivalry guy.

Silver Bullet
02-27-2007, 01:10 AM
The good ole days...... yeah been missing all that..... Is that you Matt? Gotta put old names with board ID's again....

Kev, there you go.... Yes a little behind the times.... but catching up fast!:lol:

A few things have changed thanks to Craig... no Hi-6 ignition and coil... switch to MSD Dig. 7 and the new High Dollar Coil.... afraid to get hit by it, might get electricuted!:cool1:

Also just switched from the PMS to the FAST System...:)

GOOD TIMES!

ponyboystroker
02-27-2007, 03:42 AM
Looking good. I like how it appears to be low key from the exterior, but from the engine and fuel pics it seems like it should be a beast.

331TwistedWedge
02-27-2007, 05:13 AM
Looks good, a definite sleeper ... :bigthumb

PonymanfiveO
02-27-2007, 09:13 AM
Yea Terry, its Matt Johnson.

Im glad to see your getting it back together. That new combo should be crazy for sure! Did you sell your PMS yet?

Id like to see this summer be like the good old days. Roll into a parking lot and see 5 to 10 fast cars sitting ready for a little street action. Cant wait!

Silver Bullet
02-27-2007, 11:47 AM
Yeah, a sleeper, but the sound always seems to give it away! That darn gear drive. :yup:

The pms is sold and gone... say hello to FAST.

SS ETR
03-01-2007, 10:20 AM
TERRY OMG YOUR ALIVE! WHERE YOU BEEN? GIVE ME A CALL!!!

STILL FORSALE? ;)

Silver Bullet
03-01-2007, 09:12 PM
TERRY OMG YOUR ALIVE! WHERE YOU BEEN? GIVE ME A CALL!!!

STILL FORSALE? ;)

Yes, Im still alive... been on the other side of town after the move and all.

Not for sale anymore, to far and too close to done and WAY too MUCH $$$ spent! :D

wild87stang
03-02-2007, 07:14 AM
Looking good man been a long time since ive seen that car!

Timido
03-02-2007, 10:46 AM
Still looks Good Terry. What did it run way back? I kinda remember 10sec quarter miles blown 302 road race suspension. The new 353 with the Fast system should wake it right up!!!

Silver Bullet
03-02-2007, 11:37 AM
Still looks Good Terry. What did it run way back? I kinda remember 10sec quarter miles blown 302 road race suspension. The new 353 with the Fast system should wake it right up!!!

Mid 10's 132+ mph..... is what it used to do..... who knows now the new car is totally different, just as long as Im on the DD list!

SS ETR
03-02-2007, 12:57 PM
TERRY, CALL ME IF YOU NEED SOME HANDS....

Silver Bullet
03-05-2007, 12:14 PM
TERRY, CALL ME IF YOU NEED SOME HANDS....

I could use all the hands I can get! Just reading up on how to wire the dual sync distrubtor, I has one plug in as a crank sensor and one to fire the injectors... fun stuff! Anyone on the board good with FAST?

Another Pic for you...

RACEME
03-05-2007, 12:24 PM
I could use all the hands I can get! Just reading up on how to wire the dual sync distrubtor, I has one plug in as a crank sensor and one to fire the injectors... fun stuff! Anyone on the board good with FAST?

Another Pic for you...

Paul is! Craig might be able to get you his number, or pm him. (paul408notch)

Silver Bullet
03-13-2007, 06:58 PM
Here are a few updates, I spent all last night pulling out the interior. I noticed I had not even removed the sound crap from the floor pans. I filled up 1/2 of a 5 gallon bucket with the crap! Also the the old carpet with the padding on the bottom was HEAVY! Padding on the firewall..... gone. The new much lighter carpet was installed today and looks much nicer, with a few days maybe it will start to take form. Now for some new seats....some new black/grey Corbeau microsuede seats the interior will be about done. Craig you ready to order some seats?:D

331TwistedWedge
03-13-2007, 07:03 PM
looks nice, keep up the good work :bigthumb

orangedemon331
03-13-2007, 07:04 PM
Cant wait to see this car out again, way before I joined this site I can remeber this car tearing up Edgewater, on some Roh 17" Snipers I think it was!! Car is looking really good, does it still have the Vortech YS on it or is it different now??:bigthumb

Silver Bullet
03-13-2007, 08:23 PM
It still has the YS on it... after I get it up and running I plan on upgrading to a YSI.

Here are the seats Im contemplating on...... (Im favoring the A4... Next the CR1, ) Your all's opinions?

PonymanfiveO
03-13-2007, 08:36 PM
I like the A4's

Maximus
03-13-2007, 08:39 PM
A4s are definately for guys under 5'11":)

Silver Bullet
03-13-2007, 09:10 PM
Ignition box and coil mounted.... now to start the wiring....

5.0Greaser
03-14-2007, 10:56 AM
Looks sick.Cant wait to see this thing rip:bigthumb

beefcake
03-14-2007, 11:10 AM
of those, i like the cr1, i've got the legacy's, lg1's i think they call them now

Silver Bullet
03-15-2007, 01:56 AM
of those, i like the cr1, i've got the legacy's, lg1's i think they call them now

I also like the LG1's but they are wider and I'm worried about clearance issues with the cage. The stock seats rub when you lean the seats forward. I measured the stock seats and the look to be about 21 inches in the area.... so I know I have to stay under that.

Silver Bullet
03-21-2007, 03:11 PM
I have been trying to get on the corral.net and can't remember my password from years ago.... and sent them several emails with no replies..... So I wondered if it was me... and checked out Silver Bullets profile... and it listed all my "OLD" mods.... and I found this still there....

http://www.netsnapshot.com/pcw/buildalbum-cgi?KEY=0&ACCOUNT=4020

This is funny... guess once it's on the net it is always out there somewhere! LOL:popcorn:

PonymanfiveO
03-22-2007, 08:28 AM
wow....the good ol days...

quik lx
03-30-2007, 08:42 AM
Hey Terry...as soon as this first round of UMTR is over (if we get to run..stupid weather.) I'll give ya a call and we'll wire that biyatch up!:cool1:

Silver Bullet
03-30-2007, 10:09 AM
Hey Terry...as soon as this first round of UMTR is over (if we get to run..stupid weather.) I'll give ya a call and we'll wire that biyatch up!:cool1:

Sounds good to me!:D

SS ETR
04-06-2007, 03:49 PM
SO WHEN ARE WE GETTING THE MULLETS OUT AND CRUISING THAT AROUND?

Silver Bullet
04-07-2007, 05:28 PM
SO WHEN ARE WE GETTING THE MULLETS OUT AND CRUISING THAT AROUND?

So we can fit in with the hair bear brothers on Glenway. TMR... team mullet racing! LOL

quik lx
04-13-2007, 08:04 AM
Terry, that thing is gonna be nasty!!! 1000HP street car? WOW....wirings almost wrapped up...now get a tranny and some injectors..oh yeah and a parachute and lets go cruisin!:bigthumb

RACEME
04-14-2007, 05:46 AM
I remember taking that racing picture. Those were some great times!

Silver Bullet
04-14-2007, 03:41 PM
Matt, you requested some pics.... here are a few... Thanks again Joe, and I recommend him to anyone who wants some wiring done.

Silver Bullet
04-19-2007, 10:42 PM
Well Joe had a new tps sensor, so I converted it to a GM connector.... ground down the screws.... finished up the distributor, plugs, wires, and all other sensors...... almost ready to fire it up.....

dedpedal
04-20-2007, 12:45 AM
Better call me tommorow(today?) if you want to try this flexplate biotch(gotta be nice, I drive way to much out there for work.)

Silver Bullet
05-09-2007, 01:11 PM
ITS ALIVE!!!!

Today it finally fired up!:D A big thanks goes to Kevin (Dedpedal) for the flexplate and Tim (Raceme) for the C4 bellhousing. ;)

I haven't been able to get it to Idle yet, Mike Wilson, at Modular Depot is doing me a big favor and hooking me up with a start tune to get it down to their dyno. (after the transmission of course)

One problem though, I need some NEW mufflers! I have the Dynomax Race Bullets on it with 3" exhaust and Kooks Custom 2" headers and the thing is LOUD! LOUD! (I don't think my neighbors will go for it):lol: I can see me trying to cruise the streets now.... sounds like a all out race car.

Drivermod
05-09-2007, 02:57 PM
Good tp hear Terry. Find out what Timido was running on his car, Magnaflows I think. It sounded great IMO, not loud at all.

glassman
05-09-2007, 03:22 PM
Congrats on gettin it runnin nice to see it out again.

orangedemon331
05-09-2007, 03:26 PM
I'm glad to see someone's project is running, now the rest of us need to get a move on!!!:cool2:

glassman
05-09-2007, 03:27 PM
Terry u gots a pm.

SS ETR
05-09-2007, 04:47 PM
um, mullet man! where you at?

Silver Bullet
05-09-2007, 07:21 PM
I'm glad to see someone's project is running, now the rest of us need to get a move on!!!:cool2:

Yeah now I need a tranny so I can "move on". LOL

I will check them out Ian, I need to go to the track so I can hear a couple of other cars. I loved how my old car sounded with the Flowmaster 2 chambers, but I'm afraid it still might be two loud. All I did is add 47CI (and step up to a bigger exhaust system). I guess those race bullets are like no muffler at all.:(

quik lx
05-09-2007, 08:38 PM
glad it's runnin Terry, be sure to gimme a call if you need anymore help!

Silver Bullet
05-09-2007, 09:25 PM
glad it's runnin Terry, be sure to gimme a call if you need anymore help!

Thanks Joe, almost had a question, I couldn't get the starter to even engage. I had to find the harness that plugs in the tunnel to get that fixed.

I hope I don't need anymore wiring, Kevin has all my wire.... and some plans involving you! Have fun.

Timido
05-24-2007, 02:28 PM
Mine are 3" magnaflow biggest ones I could fit to the car.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7392327913437116878&q=stangbangerz

Silver Bullet
05-25-2007, 06:37 PM
Mine are 3" magnaflow biggest ones I could fit to the car.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7392327913437116878&q=stangbangerz

Sounds good. GREAT RUN ALSO! Deep into the 9's. Congrats Tim!:D

SS ETR
06-02-2007, 11:06 AM
TERRY THE CAR SOUNDS AWESOME! GET THAT DAMN THING FINISHED..

Silver Bullet
06-11-2007, 11:05 AM
Well picked up the brake system from Cincy the other day.... front brakes are done! Now if any of you Guru's at running and bending brake lines want to help, I would be greatful...... Here is a pic for you all....

PonymanfiveO
06-11-2007, 11:08 AM
:fna: :bigthumb

cant wait to get do do that to mine!

Silver Bullet
06-11-2007, 03:36 PM
:fna: :bigthumb

cant wait to get do do that to mine!

Yep, have all the stock stuff in a box to be weighed to see the difference.

Next to get the rearend to Rob at Rigid..... so I can get it back and in the car....

69Cobra
06-11-2007, 10:33 PM
I knew you were always in to rearends:)

Silver Bullet
06-13-2007, 02:58 PM
I knew you were always in to rearends:)

Took me a second to relize who you was..... how things going?

69Cobra
06-13-2007, 07:53 PM
Hey Terry,
Yes things are going good hope the same for you. Glad to see you didn't sell the old beast. Everytime I see that car it brings back memories of pulling out of Ameristop in Alexandria sideways and racing on the "Double A". Of course we only did that once thank god:D.

Silver Bullet
06-26-2007, 10:21 PM
Well I got some more work done. I cleaned all the rubber from under the wheel wells, all 5 lbs worth, removed the stock e brake cables, removed the front swaybar, and I had to put a breather cap in each valve cover.

The motor wanted to keep leaking oil from the valve covers. There was no vents for the motor so I had to install two. Hopefully this will solve the problem.

Silver Bullet
07-10-2007, 01:04 PM
Well I got the rearend back today..... I told Rob I was going to wait and post pics when I got it in and all the brakes hooked up. Well I got to looking at it and it looked so good I couldn't wait, so here they are.... (Rob @ Rigid Race Cars) : He cut down the rear end by three inches so it would work in a stock wheel well or with a Minik-tub later (good looking out), Put 9" inch housing ends on it (for the Strange brake Kit), welded up the axle tubes.... took time to clean up the rearend and have it painted. Then he took it to Andy Law for me, Had all new bearings, races, seals, and set up for me. Here is the final product:

Silver Bullet
07-12-2007, 06:26 PM
Today I went and picked up my axles from Cincy, thanks Craig. I get home to install axles/brakes and relize that the caliper brackets will not go on the axle due to the bearings!:confused: Well Rob from Rigid invited me on down to the shop and took time to cut an opening in them and radius them for me, THANKS! Here is some pics of the rearend in the car..... So how does it look?

dedpedal
07-12-2007, 06:35 PM
Looks like a set of wheels and a tranny (you can pick one up in OTR) and its about ready to roll.

Are you going to have the clearance to put tires and wheels on the rear with those shocks?

PonymanfiveO
07-12-2007, 07:31 PM
Bad Ass!

Its nice to have good people like Craig and Rob take care of ya like that. ;)

mustangboy
07-12-2007, 07:39 PM
Looks awesome!! In the pics it looks like the rear brake lines are going to be really close to rubbing those shocks. I guess you could just get rid of those shocks and put coil overs on the rear.:D

Silver Bullet
07-12-2007, 07:51 PM
Looks like a set of wheels and a tranny (you can pick one up in OTR) and its about ready to roll.

Are you going to have the clearance to put tires and wheels on the rear with those shocks?

(OTR)= Over the Rine?:confused: If so I get me sum "D"'s on that Beeiotch, YO!:cool1:

The shocks are on the inside of the stock wheel wells, as it is not minitubbed (YET), so if I have clearance issues it will be with the wheel wells and I having a BFH made for that!;)

The clearance issue with the shock is the the brake line comes straight out and the fitting to the caliper touches the housing of the shock. I figure take the shock loose and put a 90 fitting on it and face it to the rear of the car will work. Also cutting down the rear end 3" made a tight fitting for the bracket bolts that have to go from the inside of the car to the out, I had to grind down one bolt on each side then use a dye to straighten the threads.

Also Kevin I plan on using a 10" rim and three to 3.5 in backspacing. That will give the "deep dish look". I have to order the rims, I hoping a 325 drag radial will fit back there on the street and another set for a 28X10.5 slick.

Now to pick out the Rims. :D

I think I have a tranny in the works.....:bigthumb

Silver Bullet
07-12-2007, 08:00 PM
Bad Ass!

Its nice to have good people like Craig and Rob take care of ya like that. ;)

YES IT IS! Thanks Matt......

Mustangboy.... the shock issue is addressed in the post above, and the shocks and struts are for sale in the classified sections if your interested.;)

PonymanfiveO
07-12-2007, 09:21 PM
I think I have a tranny in the works.....:bigthumb

:eek:
Oh shit, I didnt know you were like that. But if a he/she is what it takes to get your car going...more power to ya.:D

I can see it now. "Chicks with Dicks" on the windshield.

:rofl:

jus fuggin with ya dude.;)
paint fumes are gettin the best of me.
:drunk: :screwy: :drool:

Silver Bullet
08-05-2007, 10:53 AM
Here is an update: Rob from Rigid Race Cars came up last night to show me a few things on the FAST system. Come to find out the first thing that was wrong is where the main harness plugged into the injector harness. When they shipped it, ALL of the wires was out of order! :mad: I would have never found this. It was amazing that the car would even run. Soon as we switched the wires in the correct order the car smoothed right out....

The next problem was that the wideband O2 sensor would never read a correct reading, it would stay at 15.94, no matter what you did. I had called FAST about this several times. I had even went as far as sending the sensor back to have it tested, and they informed me that it was in fact working correctly.

Come to find out all my wideband A/F ratio's was WAY out of wack, so he corrected them and it still didn't help.:confused:

After a bit, he found that it was set up for a alcohol fuel.... and he corrected this and BAMMMMMMM!!!!! THE WIDEBAND O2 WAS WORKING FOR THE FIRST TIME..... :bigthumb:eek:

I was amazed watching Rob Flip through the screens tuning the car! You could tell he knew what he was doing! A HUGE THANKS GOES OUT TO THIS GUY!:angel:

Well the next thing you know the car is running smooth like it should, and we look back to see this guy in the driveway, a neighbor was kind enough to keep track of the time for us and let us know it was 1130 at night..... OOOOPPPPSSS!:HYF: LOL

Guess my car is a little loud for some.....

Well Rob finished putting a tune in the car and working out all the peaks and dips..... So when the car is done, I should be able to drive it.:coo1:

Another thanks go out to Rob, this guy is great, he spent like 6 hours whipping my car into shape for me. :cheers:

beefcake
08-05-2007, 11:43 AM
Here is an update: Rob from Rigid Race Cars came up last night to show me a few things on the FAST system. Come to find out the first thing that was wrong is where the main harness plugged into the injector harness. When they shipped it, ALL of the wires was out of order! :mad: I would have never found this. It was amazing that the car would even run. Soon as we switched the wires in the correct order the car smoothed right out....

The next problem was that the wideband O2 sensor would never read a correct reading, it would stay at 15.94, no matter what you did. I had called FAST about this several times. I had even went as far as sending the sensor back to have it tested, and they informed me that it was in fact working correctly.

Come to find out all my wideband A/F ratio's was WAY out of wack, so he corrected them and it still didn't help.:confused:

After a bit, he found that it was set up for a alcohol fuel.... and he corrected this and BAMMMMMMM!!!!! THE WIDEBAND O2 WAS WORKING FOR THE FIRST TIME..... :bigthumb:eek:

I was amazed watching Rob Flip through the screens tuning the car! You could tell he knew what he was doing! A HUGE THANKS GOES OUT TO THIS GUY!:angel:

Well the next thing you know the car is running smooth like it should, and we look back to see this guy in the driveway, a neighbor was kind enough to keep track of the time for us and let us know it was 1130 at night..... OOOOPPPPSSS!:HYF: LOL

Guess my car is a little loud for some.....

Well Rob finished putting a tune in the car and working out all the peaks and dips..... So when the car is done, I should be able to drive it.:coo1:

Another thanks go out to Rob, this guy is great, he spent like 6 hours whipping my car into shape for me. :cheers:

good deal, can't wait to see this beast on the road

Rob
08-05-2007, 02:39 PM
It was only like 4 hours :rolleyes:
I just couldn't believe they sent you a tune for a alcohol car.

One more night and we should have it ready for the dyno.
Did you neighbor get his beauty sleep? :lol:

5.0Greaser
08-05-2007, 04:47 PM
Its looking really good.

Silver Bullet
08-05-2007, 10:02 PM
Its looking really good.
Thank you.

One more night and we should have it ready for the dyno.
Did you neighbor get his beauty sleep? :lol:

4, 5, or 6 hrs..... Guess I cant keep time!LOL, my neighbor will testify to that.:lol:

Yep the fuel curves are there... but the timing, that will be a whole other game.

Silver Bullet
08-20-2007, 03:26 PM
More progress..... Well tonight Kenny from BES came over to take a peek. I had a new flaming river steering kit in the floor and he wanted to figure out how to route the belt and make a tensioner for the alternator. Well he said let's start the steering rack and that is when it all began.....

Well the old one wouldn't clear the front of the oil pan, so lets undo the motor mounts and raise the motor..... got that done and he looked at it.....

He then wanted to move the motor back 1" to the rear slots on the K member.... well then one of the header tubes was on the firewall, so then we took the headers off and grabbed a BFH and did a little sheetmetal work....

So now the motor is an inch back for better weight ratio.... the rack is on.... now to get a few more things done....:bigthumb

RACEME
08-20-2007, 03:34 PM

:lol:

He probably said something about drinking while tuning it and well...Terry is hard to understand sometimes!

mustangboy
08-20-2007, 03:36 PM
Now thats what I call customer service.:bigthumb A littler birdie told me that you may even have working brakes this week too.;)

Silver Bullet
08-20-2007, 03:44 PM
:confused:Tim, u can't understand me.....????lol:confused:

Yep working brakes on the way and in the making today... stop on over if ya want....(you bring the beer and I will supply the work!)
Another little birdie might tell you a Tranny is also on the way!:eek:

orangedemon331
08-20-2007, 08:33 PM
I cant wait to see this thing out again, I love a nasty street car!!!:eek:

Silver Bullet
08-20-2007, 11:01 PM
Timido came over and started plumbing the brake system! Look'n Great, imo.

Thanks!:bigthumb

Silver Bullet
10-04-2007, 09:11 PM
Well it has been a long time for an update.....

Timido came over tonight..... We finished all of the brakes! woo hoo!

I have all new rims..... and waiting on some drag radials to come in! 275/60-15's seem to be on backorder..:(

Front tires are here along with a firesuit.... Thanks Tim!

The tranny will be here within the week hopefully!:D

Silver Bullet
10-16-2007, 08:23 AM
Here is a update and some pics....... Finally got the car back on the ground with wheels and tires..... The fit is tight for the 275/60/15 MT drag radial, but thanks to Rob at Rigid, the fit is PERFECT!

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee233/SilverBullet88/1015072029-00.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee233/SilverBullet88/1015072028-00.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee233/SilverBullet88/1015072031-00.jpg

Silver Bullet
10-16-2007, 08:29 AM
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee233/SilverBullet88/1016070826-00.jpg

Sorry for some of the glare on the pics above.....

bobtsgt
10-16-2007, 09:02 AM
damn! Looks killer. wheels sit nice and centered in the well.

Silver Bullet
10-16-2007, 08:51 PM
damn! Looks killer. wheels sit nice and centered in the well.

Thank you. Today I "massaged" the inner wheel wheels to make sure everything has plenty of room, especially when I put a 28X10.5 in slick under it.

Timido
10-16-2007, 10:09 PM
It looks great!

ibstrokin
10-16-2007, 10:49 PM
Hell Yeah, it looks sick. I love the wheels

PonymanfiveO
10-16-2007, 10:59 PM
Holy Shit...That thing looks Scary! Get that tranny in...your just in time for the good track weather!!

Cant wait to see it Terry!

Greg Seibert
10-16-2007, 11:56 PM
Great job Terry. Can't wait to see it again.
Just think what we could have done in that back in A-Town!;)
Missed ya at the Cruise.

Maximus
10-16-2007, 11:59 PM
Dirty Dozen OWNZ you!!:popcorn:

VuNiT3
10-17-2007, 07:43 AM
Very pretty! I likes!

dedpedal
10-17-2007, 07:52 AM
Looks awesome Terry!

Silver Bullet
10-17-2007, 01:07 PM
Thanks everyone for the positive feed back.

Matt, Just waiting on Kenny and Tony to get the tranny together!:bigthumb

92coupe
10-17-2007, 02:39 PM
I love the wheels the whole car is sexy!

Silver Bullet
12-11-2007, 09:53 PM
Seats are installed. Electric Waterpump installed. The Converter from Ultimate Converter Concepts is in..... The tranny is almost done...... :D

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee233/SilverBullet88/Seats.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee233/SilverBullet88/Converter.jpg

Timido
12-11-2007, 10:03 PM
Looking Good!

PonymanfiveO
12-11-2007, 11:55 PM
whats the story on Ultimate Converters?

Ive never herd of them.

Maximus
12-12-2007, 12:18 AM
The guys at BES have been using them with good success. That would be my guess.:)

Pssst, Terry. Get a new camera. Thanks.:lol::bigthumb

Silver Bullet
12-12-2007, 09:18 AM
whats the story on Ultimate Converters?

Ive never herd of them.

Some of the big names in the NMRA use them, Lenny is highly reccommended over on the Corral.... Here is a link to check them out....

http://www.ultimateconverter.com/

Craig I would agree, the pics just dont do it justice, guess I will just have to get it together and drive it to a couple of meets...LOL

Maximus
01-07-2008, 09:27 PM
Ok guy. Whats the deal? She terrorizing the streets?? I mean, cmon....you are a Sheriff. You have Sheriff freinds that can radar you and not give you a ticket!!:lol:

Post up some new pics with that new digital camera.:bigthumb

69Cobra
01-08-2008, 12:15 AM
WHAT THE HELL IS A CONVERTER?????? I know it converts your jeans to a skirt and you wallet to a purse:lol::D

Just messing with ya Terry. Its looking good.

Silver Bullet
01-16-2008, 08:01 PM
Ok guy. Whats the deal? She terrorizing the streets?? I mean, cmon....you are a Sheriff. You have Sheriff freinds that can radar you and not give you a ticket!!:lol:

Post up some new pics with that new digital camera.:bigthumb

Just an update for you.. waiting on Kenny once again... everything is done and built. We are getting ready to put the car on a lift and install the transmission. BTW, I did get a new ditgital camera for Christmas and plan on posting some "good" pics. The only things that are left.... get a driveshaft, upgrade the blower from a YS to a YSI, and have someone tune it. Then to have Rob do the cage... :bigthumb

mustangboy
01-16-2008, 08:54 PM
Sounds like another years worth of work to me.:lol:

PonymanfiveO
01-16-2008, 10:18 PM
Im itching for some new pics!

Maybe I'll have to stop out and visit sometime and see it. I havent been to the new pad yet. ;)

Sorry I couldnt talk to ya that day you called Terry. Im not mad at ya, I was just in the middle of a heated argument at the time. :D

Silver Bullet
01-17-2008, 02:02 PM
Im itching for some new pics!

Maybe I'll have to stop out and visit sometime and see it. I havent been to the new pad yet. ;)

Sorry I couldnt talk to ya that day you called Terry. Im not mad at ya, I was just in the middle of a heated argument at the time. :D

You are more than welcome to come on over.... and it isn't that far....

Here is a pic of the trans...

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee233/SilverBullet88/transmission.jpg

Maximus
01-17-2008, 02:30 PM
You are more than welcome to come on over.... and it isn't that far....

Here is a pic of the trans...

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee233/SilverBullet88/transmission.jpg

Sweet!! Is it in the car yet??:smokin:

mustangboy
01-17-2008, 02:55 PM
If that pic was taken with your new camera you better take it back and get a refund:flipoff: Now get that bitch in the car already.

Silver Bullet
01-18-2008, 12:54 PM
If that pic was taken with your new camera you better take it back and get a refund:flipoff: Now get that bitch in the car already.

No it wasnt! LOL Kenny sent it from his cell phone and I sent it to my email!

:lol:

Craig... working on it.... like usual, waiting on other people.... but he is doing me the favor, so I have to respect that....;)

Silver Bullet
01-23-2008, 02:23 PM
Well here is an update and some pics with the "NEW" camera for you Critics!:lol:

We have the transmission installed. Some things was a pain in the a$$ and some things went pretty smooth. for the first few hours everything seem to be working backwards. One thing that went better than planned, we were able to use the stock crossmember, Kenny just had to fab up a mounting plate. We also installed an anti-rollbar to keep the car straight. Today I order the driveshaft and I'm sending the blower back to Vortech for and Upgrade.;) Another thing, I would like to thank Keith Taylor for letting us use his garage and Lift! It was a life saver.

Here is a few pics of the install and Kenny hard at work!lol

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee233/SilverBullet88/DSC00256.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee233/SilverBullet88/DSC00257.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee233/SilverBullet88/DSC00255.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee233/SilverBullet88/DSC00254.jpg

PonymanfiveO
01-23-2008, 03:54 PM
damn it Kenny!!!

Silver Bullet
01-24-2008, 07:41 PM
damn it Kenny!!!

Yep! Keeping him BUSY! LOL He finished bolting up the converter last night and a few other misc. things. He measured it all up for a new driveshaft.... and BAM what a surprise... another 600 bones or so.... We are switching to a yoke on the pinion and getting rid of the old ford setup for saftey reasons..... It never ends!;)

SS ETR
02-18-2008, 11:02 AM
THOES SOME UGLY GOONS UNDER THAT PONY!

Silver Bullet
03-04-2008, 04:49 PM
Well since everyone is giving updates, here is mine:

The transmission is installed, Kenny fabbed up a shifter mount..... and it moves one its own power now! The new YSI blower is in route, when I get it I will mount it up and get some pics.... Then off to the dyno!:D

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee233/SilverBullet88/DSC00335.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee233/SilverBullet88/DSC00336.jpg

SS ETR
03-04-2008, 05:12 PM
NOT TOO BAD FOR A BEATER.

Drivermod
03-04-2008, 08:33 PM
Here is a few pics of Kenny hard at work!lol

Better archive that one.:tongue2:

5.0calypso93lx
03-04-2008, 08:46 PM
Very nice, CR1's FTW!

Metcalf Racing
03-04-2008, 11:40 PM
Well since everyone is giving updates, here is mine:

The transmission is installed, Kenny fabbed up a shifter mount..... and it moves one its own power now! The new YSI blower is in route, when I get it I will mount it up and get some pics.... Then off to the dyno!:D

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee233/SilverBullet88/DSC00335.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee233/SilverBullet88/DSC00336.jpgAre you going to bolt the futuras back on it and head to Mtown for some old school action???? LOL

Silver Bullet
03-06-2008, 02:09 PM
Naw, I will just leave the drag radials bolted up to it. ;)

92BlackStang
03-07-2008, 03:31 PM
what kind of tranny is that

Silver Bullet
03-08-2008, 12:40 AM
A powerglide with a JW Bell.

boosted83
03-26-2008, 07:22 AM
i know its been over a month since anyone has posted a comment on this thread, but i got to know what headers are on this car. The mustang looks amazing. Did you use some kind of undercoating on the bottom? looks good.

Silver Bullet
03-26-2008, 08:22 AM
i know its been over a month since anyone has posted a comment on this thread, but i got to know what headers are on this car. The mustang looks amazing. Did you use some kind of undercoating on the bottom? looks good.

Yeah another month gone by! The headers are Kooks Custom 2 1/8 in that are Jet hot coated. The blower is back and on the car.... I upgraded to the YSI. Rob from Rigid Race Cars stopped by the other night and it looks like the car is going under the knife once again before it comes out. He is going to install a custom Air to Air intercooler on it for that little extra something.;)

PonymanfiveO
03-26-2008, 09:32 PM
cool!

Maximus
03-26-2008, 10:06 PM
Yeah another month gone by! The headers are Kooks Custom 2 1/8 in that are Jet hot coated. The blower is back and on the car.... I upgraded to the YSI. Rob from Rigid Race Cars stopped by the other night and it looks like the car is going under the knife once again before it comes out. He is going to install a custom Air to Air intercooler on it for that little extra something.;)

I see that fabricating cracka got his cloning done.:dork:

beefcake
03-29-2008, 09:15 AM
coming along great brother! can't wait to see it out

Silver Bullet
03-31-2008, 06:04 PM
Thanks guys. I cant wait... after the intercoolers/ piping it is off to the dyno. It has been a long time coming. I can't wait to see what it puts down on the rollers and see if it all has been worth it.:coo1:

The track I know will be a challenge, as the car is COMPLETELY changed from what is was.

Maximus
06-04-2008, 03:02 PM
It sucks sometimes at the time we wait for shit on these cars. Its all good in the end thou.
Done yet?:bigthumb

Silver Bullet
06-06-2008, 09:27 PM
It sucks sometimes at the time we wait for shit on these cars. Its all good in the end thou.
Done yet?:bigthumb

Nah, not yet... you know where it is!;)

Hopefully next week I will have some pics for you!:D

Maximus
06-06-2008, 11:16 PM
Nah, not yet... you know where it is!;)

Hopefully next week I will have some pics for you!:D

I saw it the other day when I was picking up Green Bling. :)

SS ETR
06-12-2008, 04:40 PM
STILL WAITING!

Silver Bullet
06-13-2008, 05:18 PM
STILL WAITING!

Soon!!!! Patience!:D

Maximus
06-13-2008, 09:17 PM
Soon!!!! Patience!:D

NOT UH!! My Shit is on the back burner again due to your lil fab work!!:lol:
Get on Rob and get that Biotch done!!:bigthumb

Silver Bullet
06-20-2008, 08:28 AM
Moving right along... hopefully it will be done this weekend and ready to tune next week!:bigthumb

I will get some better pics today...

ibstrokin
06-20-2008, 05:36 PM
Now that's a frickin intercooler. Who makes that, I likey.

Silver Bullet
06-20-2008, 10:24 PM
Now that's a frickin intercooler. Who makes that, I likey.

It is a Precision Turbo core, and Rob at Rigid Race Cars built the endtanks and has done all the fab work. The core supports like 1800hp.. should be plenty! :D

Silver Bullet
06-21-2008, 07:52 PM
Here are some updated pics......

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee233/SilverBullet88/DSC00559.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee233/SilverBullet88/DSC00558.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee233/SilverBullet88/DSC00557.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee233/SilverBullet88/DSC00556.jpg
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee233/SilverBullet88/DSC00555.jpg

mustanginky
06-21-2008, 08:11 PM
thing looks like it's gonna be a monster

ibstrokin
06-21-2008, 11:46 PM
Your car looks great, can't wait to see it out.

mach_u
06-22-2008, 09:47 AM
Wow! Looking good! :bigthumb

Timido
06-23-2008, 05:02 PM
Very NICE. 8s

beefcake
06-23-2008, 05:11 PM
looking very nice :)

theyallslow
06-23-2008, 07:14 PM
its good to see it all coming to along. its looking good too.

Silver Bullet
06-24-2008, 06:42 PM
Very NICE. 8s

Thanks.. we will see!:D

Silver Bullet
07-09-2008, 06:04 PM
Here is some more progress....

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee233/SilverBullet88/DSC00580.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee233/SilverBullet88/DSC00579.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee233/SilverBullet88/DSC00578.jpg

ibstrokin
07-09-2008, 06:53 PM
I love it, it looks awesome. I like your air intake, I'm just not willing to give up the wipers, just in case i do a true street. When do you think you"ll be finished.

Silver Bullet
07-09-2008, 07:02 PM
I love it, it looks awesome. I like your air intake, I'm just not willing to give up the wipers, just in case i do a true street. When do you think you"ll be finished.

One word... RAIN-X! lol

It will be done tommorrow... then to have it tuned..... also I have a blower strut brace and a 2.70 pulley on the way to the house! LOL

ibstrokin
07-09-2008, 07:32 PM
Awesome, lmk when your going to make a pass, I'd like to check it out.

kennebellcobra
07-09-2008, 09:51 PM
Looks great:bigthumb

mustangboy
07-09-2008, 11:43 PM
Keep at it Terry, you're almost there.

Timido
07-10-2008, 10:57 PM
No wipers needed. That thing will suck the rain away from the windshield. Looks CooL.

nthomas
07-10-2008, 11:52 PM
Here is some more progress....

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee233/SilverBullet88/DSC00580.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee233/SilverBullet88/DSC00579.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee233/SilverBullet88/DSC00578.jpg

What a turd that thing is ! :cool1:

theyallslow
07-11-2008, 08:19 PM
had to move the car, wow that thing is going to be crazy. alt mount and filter and you are all set.

DOPE3
07-13-2008, 09:03 AM
she looks sweet

mustangrfast88
08-09-2008, 08:35 PM
thats a bad ass car

85_SS_302_Coupe
08-09-2008, 10:55 PM
So where's the intercooler at? Under the dash? Or is it like an ice water box setup?

Silver Bullet
08-10-2008, 10:49 AM
So where's the intercooler at? Under the dash? Or is it like an ice water box setup?

Post #135 is pics of the intercooler. It is a air to air behind the front bumper cover. A lot of people thing it is a air to water because of the air intake, pulling the air from the wiper area for the blower.;)

wes 89 gt
09-29-2008, 10:44 PM
congrats on the 8s. looks like all the hard work paid off

Silver Bullet
12-19-2008, 06:12 AM
Well the project is in progress once again. I've purchased a few goodies for it. We have a new Precision Turbo to go under the hood to replace the blower. An AMS 1000 to control the boost.... 60mm Tial Wastegate, and a nice new big red blowoff valve! It should be an interesting year. I will get a few pics up in a day or two.;)

Black03SVT
12-19-2008, 07:15 AM
Well the project is in progress once again. I've purchased a few goodies for it. We have a new Precision Turbo to go under the hood to replace the blower. An AMS 1000 to control the boost.... 60mm Tial Wastegate, and a nice new big red blowoff valve! It should be an interesting year. I will get a few pics up in a day or two.;)

:eek: :eek: :eek: Oh man!!!!!

beefcake
12-19-2008, 10:05 AM

i was about to smack the $hit outta ya the other day, talking about selling

:) :bigthumb

Rob
12-19-2008, 01:53 PM
With the new cage, new suspension, new power adder, ect. This car should plant the DD list so deep it will take years to uncover it :evilgrin:

Silver Bullet
12-19-2008, 06:23 PM
i was about to smack the $hit outta ya the other day, talking about selling

:) :bigthumb

The wife was getting on my last nerve.... and the new project starting adding up way more than expected!:(

Silver Bullet
12-19-2008, 06:25 PM
With the new cage, new suspension, new power adder, ect. This car should plant the DD list so deep it will take years to uncover it :evilgrin:

Thanks Rob.... let's make it happen!:bigthumb

89notch
12-19-2008, 06:35 PM
What size turbo?

Maximus
12-19-2008, 06:42 PM

It has to make it down the track first.:D

Silver Bullet
12-19-2008, 07:39 PM
What size turbo?

Just a little 91mm.;)

JASON408
12-19-2008, 10:52 PM
The wife was getting on my last nerve.... and the new project starting adding up way more than expected!:(

dont they always a couple grand here a couple grand there :lol: well you cant take it with ya so might as well be fast :bigthumb

Silver Bullet
12-20-2008, 12:36 AM
dont they always a couple grand here a couple grand there :lol: well you cant take it with ya so might as well be fast :bigthumb

LOL it used to be just a couple hundred here and a couple hundred there.... but now it is a couple of grand here and there!!:eek:

Rick93coupe
12-20-2008, 01:06 AM
I hear ya, just got a converter quote for a tad under $1000.00 to the door. Sounds like I'm not the only one that's going to be eating a lot of PB&J's. :)

JASON408
12-20-2008, 11:40 AM
LOL it used to be just a couple hundred here and a couple hundred there.... but now it is a couple of grand here and there!!:eek:

ya a few years ago you could put 1 grand or 2 in your car over the winter making up grades now it 10 grand or better !!!!!!!!!!!!! i need a raise :mad:

Maximus
12-20-2008, 11:54 AM
ya a few years ago you could put 1 grand or 2 in your car over the winter making up grades now it 10 grand or better !!!!!!!!!!!!! i need a raise :mad:

All that for a sticker.:lol:

DeckerEnt
12-20-2008, 01:45 PM
Don't forget the respect of everyone on this site!!!
Keith

NUTTSGT
12-20-2008, 02:59 PM
I hear ya, just got a converter quote for a tad under $1000.00 to the door. Sounds like I'm not the only one that's going to be eating a lot of PB&J's. :)

Don't forget the Ramen noodles too.

Kwik92GT
12-21-2008, 01:28 AM
Don't forget the Ramen noodles too.

Chicken pot pies too.

SS ETR
01-13-2009, 10:44 AM
Terry i thought you might want to look at this car..

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77005

Maximus
01-13-2009, 11:36 AM
Very nice!!:bigthumb

Mike
01-13-2009, 11:50 AM

That is so cool.

Silver Bullet
01-17-2009, 06:01 PM

Thanks TJ.;) Now mine might be a Turbo car one day!

Went up to Cincy and picked up the Parachute and release cable today! Thanks Craig.... and some Free magazines... again.:lol:

When my other parts come in I will get some pics for you guys... and follow it closesly, maybe we can do a step by step pics of the build, if you guys would be interested in something like that.:bigthumb

Maximus
01-17-2009, 10:04 PM
Thanks TJ.;) Now mine might be a Turbo car one day!

Went up to Cincy and picked up the Parachute and release cable today! Thanks Craig.... and some Free magazines... again.:lol:

When my other parts come in I will get some pics for you guys... and follow it closesly, maybe we can do a step by step pics of the build, if you guys would be interested in something like that.:bigthumb

No problem guy.

step by step?? I guess we could wait that long...:dummy::lol:

Maximus
08-20-2009, 12:40 AM
So um, Hey Greg, Whats going on with SB??

Waffles
08-20-2009, 01:31 AM
Good question... lol... I get tired of asking about it

Silver Bullet
08-31-2009, 03:59 PM
So um, Hey Greg, Whats going on with SB??

Thats what I would like to know.....:confused: