PDA

View Full Version : 1988 Nissan Hardbody Brake Help?

331TwistedWedge
02-27-2007, 05:33 AM
I need some fellow stangbangerz to help me out ... any brake gurus? ... my trouble is its a nissan, lol ... i have to pump my brakes to get my truck to stop ...

just replaced:

-master cylinder
-both front calipers
-rears are drums / so i have new wheel cylinders
-brake booster is fine, very easy to push
-everything has been bled
-and yes the fluid is full, lol ........

could i have an issue with the front brake lines ... when we re-bled the brakes i keep getting a lot of air in the passenger front ... could this be the rubber brake line collapsing? ... or do i have a proportionate valve issue ? :confused: ...

any input would be very helpful ... picture of the nissan is below ...

thanks,

Rick ............

Black Horse
02-27-2007, 08:15 AM
Check your rubber brake lines

331TwistedWedge
02-27-2007, 08:57 AM
Check your rubber brake lines

anyway of checking those, thats kind of where i thought the issue was ... if its only 15-20.00 bucks, then i can buy one and take a chance ... its driving me crazy ... it makes the brakes lock up on that passenger side when i have to stop fast ... at least i got it narrowed down to 1 of the 4 brakes ...

Black Horse
02-27-2007, 09:17 AM
I would change both front hoses.

mustangboy
02-27-2007, 10:37 AM
If the front brake is locking up most likely it is a collapsing hose. Like Dave said replace both!!

331TwistedWedge
02-27-2007, 10:59 AM
If the front brake is locking up most likely it is a collapsing hose. Like Dave said replace both!!

thanks you guys, i appreciate it ... i have replaced this entire brake system, little by little and my troubles were probably these damn rubber brake lines :confused: i will change them both this week, thanks again ........ i will let you know if your diagnoses were correct :bigthumb

331TwistedWedge
03-04-2007, 09:42 AM
ok installed both new rubber brake lines yesterday and bled the brakes ... still have the same issue ... any other ideas? ... this is frustrating, i feel like i have a new brake system - wtf could it be ...

thanks for any help, *again* ...

rick .......

mustang8998
03-04-2007, 12:14 PM
Did you "bench bleed" the new mastercylinder, before installing it?

Thats the only thing I can think of, with everything being new.

331TwistedWedge
03-04-2007, 12:30 PM
Did you "bench bleed" the new mastercylinder, before installing it?

Thats the only thing I can think of, with everything being new.

yes we bled the master cylinder as well ... i have never ran into so much trouble ... i just pump my brakes once then stop, i guess i have to live with it ...

87poopcoupe
03-04-2007, 02:50 PM
easy way to check where problem is !

line lock all 4 wheels , vicegrip on all 4 rubber lines... take them off one at a time and see when pedal goes to crap !

if the lines are not the problem then it is in master !

331TwistedWedge
03-05-2007, 12:29 AM
easy way to check where problem is !

line lock all 4 wheels , vicegrip on all 4 rubber lines... take them off one at a time and see when pedal goes to crap !

if the lines are not the problem then it is in master !

ok simple enough ... the master cylinder is new, matter of fact the old master cylinder was good too - because im having still having this issue lol ... thanks i will try the method you mentioned ...

zombis
03-05-2007, 04:03 AM
it could be possible that you got a defective master cylinder. the people assembling them are probably smokin crack anyways