PDA

View Full Version : Ford and Navistar International having a spat

Jeff88coupe
02-27-2007, 02:02 PM
Seems Ford and Navistar International are having a bit of a spat. Ford has sued Navistar...so Navistar has quit shipping Ford powerstroke engines for the '08 superduties.
http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2007-02-26-ford-diesel-usat_x.htm?csp=34
http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/chi-0702270276feb27,0,651617.story?track=rss

Sounds like Ford doesn't want to pay Navistar the costs for developing the new 6.4 psd that meets the new EPA requirements. Ford's business practices are looking worse all the time.

Carl
02-27-2007, 02:57 PM
Looks like there are a bunch of reasons...I can't believe Ford would stoop to not paying as a resort for this. A lawsuit has been filed, now build them trucks!

Ranger50
02-27-2007, 03:45 PM
Be nice if Ford would quit giving Chrysler money.....

cstreu1026
02-27-2007, 05:16 PM
Sounds like International has their own problems and that it would be in the best interest of both parties to just past this before they both end up totally in the shitter.

MCHNROL
02-27-2007, 06:20 PM
Sounds like International has their own problems and that it would be in the best interest of both parties to just past this before they both end up totally in the shitter.

:agree:
This is key right here.
In the suit, Ford said the parties have previously been able to negotiate and reach agreement on the prices of the engines, but Navistar began raising prices for the engines "without adequate explanation or support for its actions."
Ford is pinching pennies right now for survival. Any rise or fall in the cost of their supplier products is very significant for Ford's bottom line. Due to just in time delivery practices, advanced notice must be given as a contractual guideline. I'm sure this is basis for the lawsuit. Hopefully Ford isn't cutting their nose off to spite there face by filing the lawsuit.

Black Horse
02-27-2007, 07:13 PM
There is a LOT more to this story than is outlined in these articles.

But you can believe that Ford and International are working hard to resolve this to make sure adequate quantities of quality engines are available to meet demand.

thrillrr
02-27-2007, 09:39 PM
Well it looks this has finally hit the Ford truck plant, looks like we will be off Thursday and Friday and will be running one shift next week. I thought it would take a few weeks to get to us, but I guess I was wrong.

93gtstang
02-27-2007, 11:30 PM
well if international wouldnt have built such a shitty engine that ford basically had to go back and redesign after it was in production FORD would not be in the prediciment they are in, I dont get why they pay the assembly lines and transmission plants so much money and the mechanics so little, not trying to be a dick to anyone that works there because i would take all i could get also but THE 6.0L killed ford because they basically had to redesign the whole engine after international Fooked it all up, this will get resolved trust me FORD NEEDS INTERNATIONAL. Also be on the look-out DODGE will have about the same problems with the new engine they have in production because they are going emmisions compliant now also, they have been paying a 1000 fine for every 5.9 they produced for not meeting emmisions so now they are making a 6.7L (i think thats the size) to meet emmisions, thank the govt and tree hugging hippies for all these problems