PDA

View Full Version : I would like to do something for Vinny & Holly

Kelly Pelrine
02-27-2007, 09:38 PM
I have been sitting here thinking of what i can do and i would like the OSM race at Columbus to be in honor of Vinny. Maybe have a StangBangerz car show there and the proceeds from the car show i would like to go to Holly to help her in any way she needs. Just an idea but i would definitely like to do something. Announcer Josh and I were talking about this the other day, and i would like to get some input. What can i do to help guys & gals? Im all ears.

P.S. i would do something at E20 but our final race is already in memory of my friend Chad who passed away last year around that time.

92coupe
02-27-2007, 09:58 PM
That sounds like a real nice thing to do. Will that be at the National Trails Raceway?

cin_mustang
02-27-2007, 10:17 PM
Kelly, I think that's a great idea. I'll let those that knew Vinny alot better than I did speak up but I personally think that would be great.

Mr.Moontang
02-27-2007, 10:28 PM
I have been sitting here thinking of what i can do and i would like the OSM race at Columbus to be in honor of Vinny. Maybe have a StangBangerz car show there and the proceeds from the car show i would like to go to Holly to help her in any way she needs. Just an idea but i would definitely like to do something. Announcer Josh and I were talking about this the other day, and i would like to get some input. What can i do to help guys & gals? Im all ears.

P.S. i would do something at E20 but our final race is already in memory of my friend Chad who passed away last year around that time.

I would love to help out with a SBZ car show, can you get me the dates so I can check my work scheduale

YouGotJunk
02-27-2007, 10:30 PM
That would be awesome!!! I've never been to any big event, but I would love to make it to one this year. Great idea and very thoughtful!!

Kelly Pelrine
02-27-2007, 10:46 PM
Yes it will be at National Trail. The date is May 12th. I would like to figure something out soon as possible so i can make sure it would be ok with the track. I dont see any problems but they are having a big bracket race that day as well so i would want to make sure we had the extra room. Vinny had planned on helping with some video last year and i know he was going to try & race the series this year, so i feel that this is the least i can do. Both he & Holly and the Dedpedal crew were some of the first people i met when i started covering the NMRA series 6 years ago and they always made me feel welcome.

Pops Fun
02-28-2007, 09:00 AM
Sounds like a smashingly good idea :)

Pops

ihave1sweetride
02-28-2007, 09:43 AM
Sounds good to me... Scott, me and Bob can help with the car shows :)

BUHBYY
02-28-2007, 11:52 AM
as with any of the events I announce OSM or UMTR I am personally gonna do a little something in Memory of Vin , at cavalcade he was talking about running OSM this year and I got kind of excited thinkin all of those weekends
with the funniest dude I ever met and some fast ass cars does it get any better ??? but in C-bus it needs to really be awesome , so any ideas are welcome .. I am willing to do whatever from the tower :lol: and lets show em SBZ owns Outlaw racing !!!!!

chuck
02-28-2007, 12:58 PM
as with any of the events I announce OSM or UMTR I am personally gonna do a little something in Memory of Vin , at cavalcade he was talking about running OSM this year and I got kind of excited thinkin all of those weekends
with the funniest dude I ever met and some fast ass cars does it get any better ??? but in C-bus it needs to really be awesome , so any ideas are welcome .. I am willing to do whatever from the tower :lol: and lets show em SBZ owns Outlaw racing !!!!!

i agree. :bigthumb

89 GT WHITE
02-28-2007, 01:27 PM
i think that its a great idea

Kelly Pelrine
02-28-2007, 06:01 PM
Ok so far everyone is liking the car show idea? I was thinking if we can get someone to sponsor it to be able to award trophys or something along those lines, maybe 5 different catagories? and i need to come up with a reasonable entry fee, 100% of which would go to Holly. Let me know some more ideas guys & gals :)

ponymom05
02-28-2007, 07:39 PM
@#?(*#@?*& May 12th is a UMTR race at E20 :(

Mr.Moontang
02-28-2007, 09:14 PM
I would love to help out with a SBZ car show, can you get me the dates so I can check my work scheduale

I am working Saturday May 12 and I can not switch out with my co-worker since she is on vacation that week:mad:sorry...

Kelly Pelrine
03-01-2007, 12:35 PM
@#?(*#@?*& May 12th is a UMTR race at E20 :(

Oh that stinks. My schedule is set in stone, i cant change it :( Im sure the UMTR's is as well, i know they've been working on it for quite awhile. But maybe i can talk with them.

Kelly Pelrine
03-01-2007, 12:36 PM
I am working Saturday May 12 and I can not switch out with my co-worker since she is on vacation that week:mad:sorry...

Thanks ok i appreciate that you wanted to help. What time do you work? I still have to find out what time we are going to be starting that day.

Mr.Moontang
03-01-2007, 01:21 PM
Thanks ok i appreciate that you wanted to help. What time do you work? I still have to find out what time we are going to be starting that day.

I get off at 1:00pm

Cherry Blossom
03-01-2007, 08:46 PM

Me, the wife, can catch a ride with (or follow) Bob and Angie - so don't count me out!!!!

Maybe you can come up after work....

Kelly Pelrine
03-01-2007, 11:15 PM
Me, the wife, can catch a ride with (or follow) Bob and Angie - so don't count me out!!!!

That would be great! Last year we didnt open the gates till 1 and didnt start till 2 but that was Edgewater. I will find out what Columbus has in mind.

bobtsgt
03-02-2007, 08:55 AM
I just told the boss not to schedule anything so hopefully he will remember.

Mr.Moontang
03-02-2007, 09:09 AM

Maybe you can drive the "Prom Queen" up and i'll come up in the STi after work.

ihave1sweetride
03-02-2007, 09:47 AM

That is fine if you want to ride with me, i think we will probably bring both stangs up, so if you drive scotts then we can just start a train up?

bobtsgt
03-02-2007, 10:03 AM
yeah I'm not going to say anything :D

ffmueller81
03-02-2007, 10:26 AM
yeah I'm not going to say anything :D

I will ..... CHOOO CHOOO

Kelly Pelrine
03-04-2007, 07:48 PM
I admit i do not have a clue about how to run a car show lol. But i definately would like to do something. Whoever would like to do this let me know. Ill let you guys run it however you'd like, just keep me posted on the details. Once we get a plan i will call the track & make sure it will be ok. Sound good? If anyone would like to call to discuss what we can do my cell is 513-260-8262.

Kelly

Mr.Moontang
03-04-2007, 07:50 PM
I will call you!!!

untamed
03-04-2007, 07:54 PM
Can I be in the train too?:D

bobtsgt
03-04-2007, 08:49 PM
hell yeah just don't tell Paul :lol:

Mr.Moontang
03-05-2007, 11:01 AM

I told my service manager what this was all about and he said he would work the shift for me!!! So I can come up when needed!!!

Kelly Pelrine
03-05-2007, 11:33 AM
I told my service manager what this was all about and he said he would work the shift for me!!! So I can come up when needed!!!

Awesome! I just spoke with Jim Layton and he said hes got plenty of room for the show. He's planning on opening the gates at 8am and starting qualifying at 10 for the brackets, and we'll follow them. If your going to be at BK weds can we get a few of the folks together and sort out what your gonna do? He was asking because he'd like to promote the race and the car show too :) So id like to get him the info asap.

bobtsgt
03-05-2007, 11:37 AM
that shouldn't be a problem at all. If you plan on helping with the show please try to come Wednesday so we can all be on the same level.

Pops Fun
03-05-2007, 11:58 AM
Sounds good work permitting..
Pops