PDA

View Full Version : Fiberoptic camera

04comporangegt
03-01-2007, 04:29 PM
I found a bent plug and was wondering if anyone knew where you might be able to get a fiberoptic camera to look into the cylinder to see if something hit it or if it was from pressure or something?

Black Horse
03-01-2007, 06:31 PM
At one time Harbor Freight had a cheap ass version of a borescope for doing just that.

But if you are hearing thump, thump noises I think you already know.....

Ryan218
03-01-2007, 06:39 PM
ill ask my dad he knows where ours is at...if i can find it your welcome to use it..

04comporangegt
03-01-2007, 07:09 PM
Well I got one from my dads work and dropped it in. Cracked piston with some oil in it. So I guess I will be rebuilding my motor now.

Walter
03-01-2007, 07:18 PM
I found a bent plug and was wondering if anyone knew where you might be able to get a fiberoptic camera to look into the cylinder to see if something hit it or if it was from pressure or something?

Same EXACT thing happened in my buddies 2000 gt. It blew the sparkplug past the threads in the head and shattered the coil! I think it was the failure of the fuel pressure module on the fuel rail that caused it. In the week leading up to the failure, he said the car would buck hard and hesitate periodically. The mod motor crowd may provide more insight.

04comporangegt
03-01-2007, 07:34 PM
I had no problems until it happened. It ran fine all week long.