PDA

View Full Version : Mufflers..

Pops Fun
03-02-2007, 08:55 AM
Hi
I have a rattle in one of my mufflers that is driving me crazy...:eek:
Need a new catback exhaust... I have flowmaster 40's w/offroad H and like the sound but the wife won't hardly ride in it says it is to loud..... that can be good or bad depending on the day :D

Iam thinking either Flow super 40's ot the 50's

Should I stay with the 40 series or go with the 50 series... or something entirely different

Pops

bobtsgt
03-02-2007, 09:21 AM
http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/mufflers.html

according to this the 50s will be a little quiet inside with a good sound outside. But then again with your set up back pressure may not be your friend. I love the sound of your car with the 40s. I would say stay with it but if not check out this place http://www.mustangexhaust.com/forums/index.php you can hear different set ups to see the difference in the tones. plus they have a FS section along with some tech. Either way you know its going to sound mean as hell :D

Jeff88coupe
03-02-2007, 09:39 AM
If you want something a little quieter at idle/cruise rpms..but still sound nice and healthy at WOT...look into the dynomax welded ovals. I use to run a set of 2 1/2" ones with dumps on my car...I really liked they way they sounded. I think craig can probably get them for ya.

JonS
03-02-2007, 10:32 AM
I agree with Jeff, if you want it a little quieter and more free flowing I would go with the Dynomax ultraflow welded. I had them and they were much less resonant than Flowmasters or any chambered muffler for that matter. They are relatively quiet outside the car at part throttle as well.

Timido
03-02-2007, 10:49 AM
Dynomax welded ovals or Magnaflow!!! I like my magnaflows. You can hear my valvetrain over my 3" exhaust and you can see right through the mufflers.

Black92LX
03-02-2007, 08:37 PM
Gonna have to go Magnaflow too.

Sharad
03-02-2007, 10:02 PM
I've had the Dynomax and liked them, also had the Dynatech and loved them! Both of those muffs are mellow at idle and part throttle, but sound like the sky is falling at WOT!