PDA

View Full Version : Bass, in a street/strip car???

Sharad
03-02-2007, 05:57 PM
Hey SBZ! In case any of you haven't heard, Kicker and JL have some nice equipment out for 2007 that will fill the niche of a person who wants bass, but doesn't want to weigh down their car.

Kicker has a line of CVT subwoofers out that are PERFECT for that. They are flat so they'll fit in very thin spaces (like in a backseat delete) Also, they're designed to fit in very small airspace. This means you could put one ten inch sub in a super tiny box (less than .5 cubic feet) and they actually hit pretty nice! Conversely, you could run two tens or twelves in about a foot of airspace and just pound your brains out! The CVTs are priced pretty close to the Comp VRs, so you're looking around $149 for a twelve. Not bad!

www.kicker.com

JL audio has new subs AND amps out for 2007. I'm SUPER excited about these. The TW5 subwoofers are similar to the deal with the Kicker subs. Super FLAT (2.5") and small airspace, so you can pretty much put them anywhere. The difference is, the JLs are SUPER high end. They'll get LOUD and stay clean! (typical for JL Audio)

Also, their new slash series amps (they're not on the website, but they had them on display at CES) are SUPER TINY!!! If you've seen Alpine's tiny class D amps, that's about the same size as these amps. We're talking a SOLID 600W RMS with SUPER CLEAN power in about a 10x8x2 chassis! That is NIIIIIIIIIICE.

I think the hot setup in a Mustang would be a TW5 12" and a 600W slash series amp flushed into a back seat delete. (similar to what Craig did in the orange monster) It would look great, sound great, and probably not weigh 40lbs total!

www.jlaudio.com

So that's it. Just a quick FYI about some new products.

-rad

Maximus
03-02-2007, 06:55 PM
Hmmm, my Coupe does need some beats :cool1:

Sharad
03-02-2007, 07:32 PM
Craig, you know I'd hook you up!

mustangboy
03-02-2007, 07:42 PM
I'll have to keep this in mind. I would like to eventually do something for tunes.

orangedemon331
03-02-2007, 07:43 PM
When I get that far I will be needing two 10's or maybe 12's!!!!!

Sharad
03-02-2007, 10:08 PM
I can't remember the company, but there's a place that advertises rear seat delete kits carpeted to match Mustang interiors and they're usually in the back of 5.0 magazine. I KNOW that you could put a 12" CVT in the small space between the seat delete and the floorboard where the seat cushion used to sit. Of course, it would be cheaper to just make your own shelf thingie back there.

I don't know.... in the year or so that I haven't really been able to do ANYTHING Mustang related (because I'm busy paying off bills) I've had a lot of time to reflect on what I like and what I don't like about cars I've had in the past. My favorite car EVER was the '93 notch I had in college. It was only a 12 second car, but it had power EVERYTHING and a NIIIIIICE system! If I only had one car, it would be a Mustang and it would HAVE to have a system!

true
03-03-2007, 09:14 AM
http://customrearseatdelete.com/