PDA

View Full Version : need opinions for new setup

95vertstang
03-03-2007, 01:25 PM
ok im wanting to run 10 to 12 pounds of boost through an intercooled procharger setup i was wondering if an in-tank 255 pump would do it or should i just do an inline pump, what size injectors do i want to run to be safe i dont want to destroy this new motor also what type of maf would i want to use with this any help would be great this is my first forced induction setup on a mustang and looking for any opinions or help thanks -dave

Silver Bullet
03-03-2007, 01:36 PM
First of all buy the biggest high impedence injectors you can, as it will save you money in the long run. 50lbers is what I recommend. I went from 19 to 24 to 38's to 50's.... buy, sell, buy sell, you get the point.

As far as the pump, I would suggest a 255 in tank and a inline pump, you can never be safe enough, it only takes a second to pop a head gasket or hurt a motor and what you spend in a couple of pumps will save you, and cost less in the long run. Plus you have room to grow.:)

Sharad
03-03-2007, 01:55 PM
the answer depends on what your new motor is.

I'd consider a 255 in tank and 42 lb injectors a bare minimum. You definitely don't want to skimp on fuel with a forced induction motor, but most of us aren't rich, so if you have a pretty standard bolt-on motor, that will be enough fuel with a safe tune.

Of course, more pump & injector would be safer.

A 70-something mm draw through meter would suffice, but an 80-ish mm blow through would be cool! Again, depends on your budget.

95vertstang
03-03-2007, 02:20 PM
the motor is an 03 4.6 block going into a 96 it has fully forged eagle pistons rods and crank bored twenty thousand over and stroked two hundred thousand (that is what tony at bes said) running 8.9-1 compression the heads have been worked out to 48cc with oversized valves running the typhoon intake, full length headers and comp cams i think they are 550 lift (i will have to look at the cam card again to be positive) going with fidanza adj. timing gears and still havent made up my mind on ignition yet any help there would also be good there is alot to think about with this and is just flustering me im willing to spend whatever it takes to protect my 5 grand i just gave bes for my motor i thank you guys for your advise -dave

Silver Bullet
03-03-2007, 02:40 PM
In that case, take a little more time and save$$ and do it right the first time. 80MM mass air would be my suggestion, I just sold one for $$ and new they are around $350. Just shop around. Good luck.

Ing. I just went with MSD, they have whatever you need, see Craig, he will hook you up.

95vertstang
03-03-2007, 04:07 PM
i dont need to save any $$ i have it right now just need to spend it on the right stuff

Sharad
03-03-2007, 07:38 PM
Sumped tank, Weldon pump and filters, dash ten forward to a y-block under hood to two dash 8 lines for each billet rail, dash eights back to the billet regulator and a dash six back to the return fitting.

60lb injectors with a univer.

ibstrokin
03-03-2007, 08:18 PM
Sumped tank, Weldon pump and filters, dash ten forward to a y-block under hood to two dash 8 lines for each billet rail, dash eights back to the billet regulator and a dash six back to the return fitting.

60lb injectors with a univer.

I agree, but you probably don't need -10 to the front, -8 should be fine w/ -6 return, your call. You should definetely look into a real fuel system though, stock lines won't cut it. 60 lb inj.'s would be a good choice, I would run a sct 2800 big air massair meter with sct chip. Custom dyno tuning means alot at that power level. Tuning on a dyno gets your tune sorted out without parts breakage (hopefully) , easier to watch for lean conditions.

Timido
03-03-2007, 09:50 PM
I thought on a high HP fuel system the return should be the same size as the feed?

Silver Bullet
03-03-2007, 11:59 PM
I thought on a high HP fuel system the return should be the same size as the feed?

I wouldn't go with a -6 back, as it could be a restriction on a high hp combo. I went with a -10 up, 2-8 into the rails and out and used a -8 back to the tank.

A -6 might shoot the pressure up at low rpms and not allow the regulator to do its job.

I also agree with the other guys, if you have the $$, go ahead sump the tank a build a fuel system for all your needs.

ibstrokin
03-04-2007, 01:13 PM
It probably depends on what is high hp. I run a -10 from tank to pump(a1000), -8 from pump forward,-6 from reg. back. My car can make approx 750 flywheel, I havent had any issues. I dont think it's neccesary to run -10 to the front at my hp level, why move all that fuel if you dont need it,it will just make the pump work that much harder during hard acceleration.

Sharad
03-04-2007, 07:44 PM
My Weldon 2025A was -12 in/-10 out. Weldon told me to run -10 to the y-block so that's what I did. Made sense to me to not put a bottleneck in front of the pump. Now, with his combo, he doesn't need a full -10, but it's always nice to over engineer your fuel system.

Silver Bullet
03-04-2007, 08:29 PM
My Weldon 2025A was -12 in/-10 out. Weldon told me to run -10 to the y-block so that's what I did. Made sense to me to not put a bottleneck in front of the pump. Now, with his combo, he doesn't need a full -10, but it's always nice to over engineer your fuel system.

Agree totally, and it will save you $$ and from having to do it two times! I just got through upgrading my -8 to a -10.

95vertstang
03-05-2007, 09:09 AM
do you guys think i can give it some nitrous too or would that be too much for my build

Silver Bullet
03-05-2007, 12:34 PM
ok im wanting to run 10 to 12 pounds of boost through an intercooled procharger ...... i want to run to be safe i dont want to destroy this new motor ............this is my first forced induction setup on a mustang and looking for any opinions or help thanks -dave

The answer to the last question is in your first post...... Get one thing at a time, tune the blower.... and see where you are before you even worry about a second power adder.... Just my thought on the subject....

95vertstang
03-05-2007, 12:46 PM
yes but thinking of more power just gives me a hard-on :evilgrin: but i dont think im going to post any pics of that (svt13.59):screwy: