PDA

View Full Version : One thing leads to another...

Silver Bullet
03-03-2007, 02:50 PM
Dont you hate when you spend $400 on a distrubutor to fine out the gear they put on it won't work so you have to spend another $50 on a dist. gear?

Guess with a solid roller you need a bronze gear... or opt for the $100 composite gear.... wonder if the composite is worth the extra $$.

Never just a simple bolt on......:mad:

Rob
03-03-2007, 04:37 PM
Yea all MSD distributors are that way, super gay.

quik lx
03-03-2007, 04:57 PM
He said Super Gay:lol:

Silver Bullet
03-05-2007, 03:14 PM
Here is a update, called MSD and complained about spending over $1000 in the last month with them on various parts and now I have to spend more to make a brand new part work.....

They said they will send me a gear (Bronze) for free... good customer service.:)

The down side, they said it probably will not last on the street. :(

I have a solid roller cam and have heard I will get 300-400 miles and others say about 1500. Anybody have any feedback?

NXcoupe
03-05-2007, 07:07 PM
Why don't you use a steel gear? If your roller cam uses a standard steel gear, you can use the same gear as the factory hydro rollers use. Not to give away and secrets, but that's what most of us in class racing use to get the stock lifters to rev higher is use a solid grind with hydro lifters. That's what anderson's hi rev cams are. just fyi.

Silver Bullet
03-11-2007, 03:33 PM
Why don't you use a steel gear? If your roller cam uses a standard steel gear, you can use the same gear as the factory hydro rollers use. Not to give away and secrets, but that's what most of us in class racing use to get the stock lifters to rev higher is use a solid grind with hydro lifters. That's what anderson's hi rev cams are. just fyi.

It is a Solid Roller and MSD and Comp cams said to use a Bronze or a Composite gear....

bestracing
03-12-2007, 02:35 PM
Solid rollers can cause a lot of gear wear. Thats why the bronze or composite gear, it's better to loose the gear on the distributor rather than loose the cam, cost wise.

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-12-2007, 02:49 PM
Man i don't think i've ever done a single mod to my car that was a simple buy it and install it....there's ALWAYS something else or something that doesn't want to work right. Mustangs and cars in general are like perpetual money pits.

BigBadStang
03-12-2007, 03:27 PM
you know what I say...
if it's got tits or tires it's going to cost alot of $ and give you problems eventually.

331TwistedWedge
03-12-2007, 05:09 PM
you know what I say...
if it's got tits or tires it's going to cost alot of $ and give you problems eventually.

thats one of the best statements, i have ever read :lol: :lol: :lol:

10lb 308
03-12-2007, 08:22 PM
rick anderson once wrote if you can pull it out of the box and bolt it on simply it probley wont make it go that fast ,,,,try having a 94/95 it sucks

MRGRIMM
03-13-2007, 09:21 PM
you know what I say...

I will always remember that one!