PDA

View Full Version : My cowl hood

DeckerEnt
03-04-2007, 12:46 AM
Need some advice. As some of you read, I fubar'ed my hood the other night. It was a harwood 4 inch cowl hood. The top broke loose from the bottom frame. I have a gallon jug of resin, a tube of hardener, and fiberglass fabric. What I need is instructions on re attaching it. Do I really need the fabric or could I just mix up the resin and paint both pieces and stick them back together? Or do I need the resin at all,could I just use some really strong glue? I may trash the hood anyway but I always like experimenting with new stuff and have never did any fiberglassing before.
Keith

Stangman
03-04-2007, 01:36 PM
is the bottom side cut out or is it a finished hood?

I was going to say if its not finished and its cut out you could try putting the resin between the seams, and use the fabric to cover the inner-edge of the underside to attach it to the top. and if it wasme since i dont have a whole lot of experience in 'glass, i would use some bondo-glass for extra measure, but someone here might have a better idea...

DeckerEnt
03-05-2007, 11:05 PM
Does anyone know how to fiberglass any more??? All I need is some instruction.
Keith

MattKatz
03-07-2007, 02:58 AM
Show pics.I glass' and paint..Maybe I can help.

plated
03-10-2007, 07:27 PM
take you fiberglass and cut it up in to small peices and mix it in the resin,then with a 2 inch brush pat it down till all the bubbles are out,then clamp it in place and let it dry over night,then grind the rough part down the next day,mix your reson and hardner correctly,it may take 2 or 3 times of building the fiberglass up to where you feel confident.(chop the fiberglass up very small when it all locks together it will be strong)