PDA

View Full Version : I can see outside now!

Holly
03-04-2007, 10:55 PM
Chuck Carter and his step-dad Vic, Matt Johnson and Jen, and Kevin Schaber came over today and worked their butts off.

For those of you that have visited casa del pimpa (or whatever Vinny used to call this place), we have some major pine tree issues around here. The trees were overtaking the house. Kevin brought over his chainsaw and cut about 2/3 of the tree branches off the tree in the back (overtop the pool area). It's amazing how much more lit up the upstairs is - lots more sunlight.

Chuck got up on the roof (scary - I am scared to death of heights) and cleaned out the gutters, they had pine needles packed in them, and hammered the gutters back to the house. Matt, he just worked his butt off, carrying wood, cutting wood, he was even on the roof for awhile.

I just wanted to thank you guys again, from the bottom of my heart, for everything you have being doing for me (especially Chuck, he has been here working on this house for two weeks now). One thing he did say, I need a new shingles bad! They are falling off the roof. Somebody pm'd me about a hook-up on shingles. Now, to just find somebody to get up there and hammer them down. :evilgrin: I have a guy in NR I am going to check on - I heard he works fairly cheap. I am not looking for a freebee, but if anybody would like to PM me with a rate for putting on a new roof, I'd appreciate it. NO BIG HURRY, it's not leaking, I got up in the attic last weekend and did not see a leak, but it needs done sometime before next winter.

When it gets warmer, I'm going to have a big ole bonfire (LOTS OF WOOD TO BURN).

Here's a couple of pictures from the work today - nothing got broken, the neighbor's fence got a little bent, but I doubt if she even notices.

ruby71oh
03-04-2007, 11:54 PM
Can we add the deck wood to the bonfire???

Black Horse
03-04-2007, 11:58 PM
Once you get the shingles Holly - just give a holler - I (painfully) have lots of roofing experience. If its just nailing the new ones over the old ones we should be able to knock it out in an afternoon!

Ahhh...once you receive the shingles...naw....ah..once you have had the shingles....damn that doesn't sound right.....
Once you take delivery of those fiberglass things that keep the rain from soaking through the roof....better!

PonymanfiveO
03-05-2007, 08:20 AM
I cant believe you got a pic of me smiling on a roof! lol
I hate being up that high, I was scared to death.

We have sooo much wood to burn...and that was just from thinning out one tree! There are a few more we have to come back for. If anyone is interested in helping Holly out, Chuck Kevin and I could use an extra person or two to help cut up and drag limbs and branches around back as we cut them off. Thats a tough job when you only have one or two guys. It would be a lot easier if we had a few more guys to help out.

Dave, the shingles looked like they were original shingles. Holly said that house was built in '79. I dont know anything about roofing, but It dosent look like you could shingle over these, they look bad.

mach_u
03-05-2007, 08:51 AM
Great work guys! Matt shoot me a PM next time you guys head down. I'm available Friday, Saturday, Sunday during the day. :bigthumb

VuNiT3
03-05-2007, 09:37 AM
I had a real good time holding down the computer chair:tongue2: Wish I wouldn't have worn heels so I could have helped:HYF: The next tree cutting day, I'll be outside:rolleyes:

Oh yeah, thanks for the pizza, it rocked!

MrsAPE
03-05-2007, 09:40 AM
let us know when you head over to do more. im not a guy but i can drag branches with the best of em! we'll help if we can.

Black Horse
03-05-2007, 10:08 AM
Dave, the shingles looked like they were original shingles. Holly said that house was built in '79. I dont know anything about roofing, but It dosent look like you could shingle over these, they look bad.

As long as it is just one layer of shingles it should be no problem at all. If there are multiple layers on the roof now we would have to strip them off.

chuck
03-05-2007, 11:19 AM
Glad i can help,holly...anytime.
You know its bad when the electric leaf blower is blowing off the shingles..and not the leaves...