PDA

View Full Version : Power steering hose in the way on front bumper cover install?

5.0calypso93lx
03-05-2007, 12:47 PM
This is not a new problem that I've ran into, but just remembered to post up about it. Back when I put my front bumper cover on, the bottom of the bumper cover, where it attaches to the bottom of the core support, is hitting the power steering line on the driver side of the core support.

I was just wondering if anyone else had ever ran into this problem. Its a brand new OEM bumper cover that is straight from Ford, so its not an issue with it being some cheap chinese junk.

I'll try and get some pics up to show you guys what I'm talking about.

NA/NOTCH
03-05-2007, 07:58 PM
just jerked my power steering out lines ran thru the bottom of the core support wasnt really in the way of the bumper hope u finger it out let us know!

5.0calypso93lx
03-05-2007, 09:12 PM
just jerked my power steering out lines ran thru the bottom of the core support wasnt really in the way of the bumper hope u finger it out let us know!

These are hard lines though, I don't think I can move them?

MFIELD
03-05-2007, 09:22 PM
If I remember correctly they should be on the front side of the core support not under it.

5.0calypso93lx
03-05-2007, 09:31 PM
If I remember correctly they should be on the front side of the core support not under it.

Sorry its kind of hard to explain without pics. They are coming out of the front side of the core support. There is an oval shaped hole at the bottom and that is where they are coming out. The bumper is hitting them right as soon as the bend upwards.

MFIELD
03-05-2007, 09:40 PM
Thats what i was thinking they come out thru that hole. What part of the bumper are the hitting? did you get any pics?

5.0calypso93lx
03-05-2007, 09:50 PM
Thats what i was thinking they come out thru that hole. What part of the bumper are the hitting? did you get any pics?

They are hitting the very bottom of the bumper cover, and doesn't really allow the bumper to fit flush up against the driver side fender. I'll try and get a pic tomorrow night, if I can make it up to the shop.