PDA

View Full Version : Ceramic coated 4v headers and X-pipe

01cobra
03-07-2007, 12:26 AM
Ok guys I tried to sell this stuff about a year ago and didnt get any takers. This is my last ditch effort for someone to get a sweet deal. I have a set of Ceramic coated Hooker headers with matching ceramic coated off road X pipe. I bought this stuff BFN down at cincy speed. I paid about a grand for the whole deal. It was purchased for an 01 Cobra. Probably fit any 4v in a 94-04 chassis but thats no guarantee. Stuff is about three years old with the last year leaning up against a wall in the garage. Overall condition is good. light scrape mark on the bottom of the X pipe but does not go through coating. No rust on the exterior. However the insides of the pipes have developed light surface rust over the winter from not being used. There are also some oil stains from my motor pushing some oil out. Will most likely clean right up if you wanted to take the time to do so.
So here is the deal. Im going with a turbo on my car I have everything I need except the turbo. It is due to arrive next friday 3-16-07 at the latest. The first thing I need to do is fabricate a set of forward facing headers for this project. I was going to cut these headers up and reuse the flanges and pipe. But it would be easier for me if I didnt have to grind ceramic coating off of everything I need to weld. So I am willing to sell or trade these headers and mid pipe for material or whatever it costs me to get what I need for my project. Which is two 4v exhaust flanges, ten 1 and three quarter inch U bends, 2 nice V band clamps and two 4 into 1 collectors. I saw some header flanges for 30 bucks each. I think it was on proturbosystems.com. U bends are 20 bucks each at summit but I know they can be had for less than that. Collectors are 32 bucks each at summit also. And 2 nice V band clamp flange assemblies are about 20 bucks each. Now there are a few details like the flanges should be .500" thick etc. etc. I can discuss those with anyone interested. Im sure you can find better prices on this stuff if you look around. But thats $364.00 total without even shopping around. Thats a pretty good deal for a $1000 set of ceramic coated headers and mid pipe. So if anyone out there is looking for set of these headers here is your chance. If I dont get any takers by the date mentioned above then Im choppin these bitches up. :cool1:

boosted 98
04-01-2007, 11:07 PM
my buddy has a set of shorty headers for a cobra that you could cut up,or if you want ive made a couple of turbo kits using the longtube headers and it worked perfect, i could give you a couple of pointers or do it for you,ive got a shop and im a good tig welder, so it would look good.let me know about the headers.