PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of QS&L...

Paul408Notch
03-07-2007, 05:07 PM
Last time my sister came out to visit, she brought a bottle of Arizona Ranch for me. (Fitting.) I ran out of stuff to make for breakfast this morning, and all I had left was a half-dozen eggs, so I decided to scramble them up and have those and some toast. Well I can never leave things be, and I'm always experimenting with new food ideas, so I put about 1/4 cup of Arizona Ranch into my 6 eggs before cooking, and they were the most delicious eggs ever. I highly recommend it to people who actually have time to make breakfast.

I should quit my job and become a chef. :lol:

dedpedal
03-07-2007, 05:09 PM
Now theres an idea. I like some medium salsa on my eggs as well as habernero sauce sometimes. I might have to try it sometime when Im cooking for myself.

Gene
03-07-2007, 07:10 PM
Good idea...I'll have to try that.

If you make Macaroni and Cheese (I mean the real way, not nasty Kraft-in-a-box), through some wing sauce into the mix...kicks it up a bit and makes it really tasty.

I also like to use B-Dub's Blazing in Bloody Marys instead of Tabasco...changes the flavor a bit and makes it more interesting.

Evil_Capri
03-07-2007, 07:26 PM
Mmmm . . all ideas sound good! I'm hungry . . .

cin_mustang
03-07-2007, 07:56 PM
the louisianna licker sauce is the same. I haven't found anything that I put it on that it doesn't make it better. Haven't tried ice cream yet, I don't think I'll be THAT pregnant!

Paul408Notch
03-07-2007, 08:26 PM
the louisianna licker sauce is the same. I haven't found anything that I put it on that it doesn't make it better. Haven't tried ice cream yet, I don't think I'll be THAT pregnant!

I have a bottle of that too, but I try to save it for when I grill chicken breasts. So good.

'92Stang
03-07-2007, 08:49 PM
This reminds me of when i was in the Marines. We'd get together in the barracks for make-a-meal night (especially at the end of the month when money was tight). My specialty was Ramen noodles/Tabasco/ eggs/cheese. All cooked on a hot plate, Good stuff. I still make it every once in awhile, just for the heck of it:bigthumb

VuNiT3
03-08-2007, 12:08 PM
That sounds like a pretty kick arse combo, except for Blood Mary's, they don't like me at all:barf: Matt, I'm sure would try that combo. :drunk:

ADaughen
03-08-2007, 03:11 PM

Buckeye BBQ and cool whip/ice cream is pretty good. :lol: Really brings out the flavors.

Gene
03-08-2007, 03:33 PM
This reminds me of when i was in the Marines. We'd get together in the barracks for make-a-meal night (especially at the end of the month when money was tight). My specialty was Ramen noodles/Tabasco/ eggs/cheese. All cooked on a hot plate, Good stuff. I still make it every once in awhile, just for the heck of it:bigthumb

A buddy of mine in college was Marine Reserve, and he made the same meal. It as pretty damn good, filling and CHEAP (got to like a meal that will fill you up you can make for about $1.00).

Tabasco is good on just about anything. I was once told by a elderly black waitress at a Waffle House down in Georgia that I have a "Chocolate Soul" when she saw how much Tabasco I put on my eggs. :D

NXcoupe
03-09-2007, 04:08 PM
That's some funny stuff right there! lol.

Mista Bone
03-10-2007, 01:27 AM
Jefferson Ave, just north of downtown Detroit, across from Belle Isle, I stopped in a Frishes for a bite to eat, didn't look at the buffet bar as I went by.

MILF black waitress waited on my table asked if I wanted buffet bar, I had to ask what was on it...

"SOUL FOOD. Boiled Cabbage, greens, cornbread.....doubt you'd like it"
"Got Tabasco?"
"Yes sir.....you've ate here before?"
"Nope, but sounds good, sign me up!"

after eating........

"Sir, you sure there's no black in your roots?"
"Dunno for sure, but the food was GREAT!"

Never judge a book by it's color!

When traveling now I carry a bottle of Tobasco Habanero, regular Tobasco is weak anymore, esp. the watered down stuff at Awful Waffle House.