PDA

View Full Version : SBZ Administration

Holly
03-07-2007, 05:34 PM
I know there are a lot of questions out there regarding the board and how it is going to run now.

The SBZ moderators and administrators had a meeting on Sunday. Here is what we (I) have decided:

Stangbangerz is NOT going to change at all if we can help it. Everything is going to run the same, with a few small changes to help ME. Matt Williams (Black Hole) will essentially be doing all the stuff Vinny did on a daily basis. He has the know-how, he was already an Administrator (Vinny made him one last year), and he has offered to help with this. The other Administrators will be myself (I am also the owner of SBZ), Ken Bjonnes, and Tim Probst (LR01Cobra).

The moderators that are now in place will stay, they will not be getting any extra "powers" to moderate any additional forums or be "super-moderators". Vinny picked who he wanted for moderators of different sections, and that is the way it is going to stay, PERIOD.

We are working on sponsors and stuff since that is what Vinny did at the beginning of every year. Matt and I will maintain the bank account for SBZ, which to date is $50 after paying the taxes and v-bulletin stuff for the year. SBZ is NOT a highly profitable website, Vinny barely broke even with it. The shirts, stickers, calendars, stuff he bought for you guys to enjoy mainly came out of his pocket, and then he tried to recoup his money. Sometimes it worked out, sometimes it didn't. I still have calendars from last year laying around the house, people wanted them, but when it came time to get them, they did not pay up. No big deal, I am just trying to explain how SBZ works. Any extra money Vinny did make, I feel was his, for all his time and effort he spent on this board. Many, many nights, he was on here until late, getting a few hours of sleep before heading to work the next day, just working out bugs, getting out orders, etc. None of you have a clue as to how much time and energy he spent on keeping this site going. Yes, I got aggravated in the beginning (years ago), but I finally learned, this is what he wanted to do, this was his fun, he LOVED this website, so I just let him be. If he wanted to go to someone's house and help them with their car until midnight when he had to get up at 4:30 am the next morning, that was his decision, I didn't complain/bitch, because that is what he wanted to do, that is what made him happy. It brings tears to my eyes how many people want to help ME now, they all say Vinny helped them at some time, in some way, and they want to help him by helping me. Vinny was definately a giver, not a taker.

Okay, I got a little carried away there explaining stuff.

Basically, what I am trying to say is, let's keep this site going the way Vinny intended for it to run. If you get out of hand, and Matt or one of the other admins puts you in the whipping room, or bans you, you deserved it. :lol: Not that anybody is there right now, but you know what I mean. If Vinny got aggravated with you, he put you where he wanted you, and now I would appreciate it if you would respect Matt, Ken, Tim, and myself in the same manner. The four of us will make all decisions regarding the board.

No Stangbangerz merchandise is to be produced without authorization of the Administrators.

No Stangbangerz events (such as car shows) are to be coordinated without the authorization of the Administrators. Anything big that you want to associate the SBZ name with, needs to go through the admins first.

Just like Vinny ran it, except there are four people making the decisions now instead of one.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact any of us. We are here to help, and make sure that this site is what Vinny wanted it to be, and something he would be proud that we kept up for him.

You guys are our second family. He was SO proud of this board. He was so proud of the members on it. And we should all be proud of him, because he is what has brought us all together.

Thanks for listening. I hope this helps.

ps This still does not seem real to me. :(

dedpedal
03-07-2007, 05:37 PM
Perfectly stated Holly.

Mr.Moontang
03-07-2007, 05:42 PM
Holly, I am very proud of him for building this place and trusting the moderators to help him maintain the order around here!!! I am also proud of you for allowing him to create this Mustang world on the "net" you have more patience than most women...

YouGotJunk
03-07-2007, 05:59 PM
Thanks Holly and I also appreciate everything Vinny and you have done for us. If it wasn't for him (and you for allowing him) to take care of this place, it wouldn't be nowhere near what it is now. It's growing everyday and I think Vinny is very proud of it! Thanks for everything..

LXEnvy1990
03-07-2007, 06:10 PM
Yes, yes, Miss holly you kick a$$. I appreciate everything that everybody is doing for this site! I spend at least 2 hours a day on here! I love this site and the people on it! So keep up the good work, and thank you......
-Josh

R825OH
03-07-2007, 06:12 PM
Yes Thank You , I am pleasently addicted to this site Its a lilttle home away from home(which is the garage.)

theyallslow
03-07-2007, 06:16 PM
I am glad to see that everthing is going to be ok. thanks Holly.

Evil_Capri
03-07-2007, 07:04 PM
You have my thanks and support! :bigthumb

92coupe
03-07-2007, 09:11 PM
That sounds great run it the way Vinny would want it, After all the blood sweat and tears he put into it's the right thing to do! I would absolutly hate to see it change.

You have my compliments and support!

Pops Fun
03-07-2007, 09:46 PM
Sounds like a great plan... Keep up the good work!!

Pops

higgy87
03-07-2007, 10:13 PM
Awesome Holly, I as well as everyone else support you and you're little crew of henchmen ;)

And if someone doesn't obey we'll :squirt: on em'

-higgy

Blacksunshine
03-07-2007, 11:12 PM
" You Go Girl" Keep up the Great work !!

331TwistedWedge
03-07-2007, 11:15 PM
I've been on it for about 10 hours today, partly reading and partly being a smart ass ....... hey thats me ...........

Stangman
03-08-2007, 12:55 AM
Thank you Holly, glad to hear that this place will still be ran and ran appropriatly, i cant even think of what i (and others) would do without this site, thanks to almost everyone on here I will be practically be building my entire car out of parts off of SBZ!! no lie! Vinny sure came up with a one-of-a-kind site!!

DeckerEnt
03-08-2007, 01:22 AM
Most people would kill to have a place like this. It isn't just a web site. It is a family. I am just happy to be a small part of it. Thanks Holly and cheers vinny.
Keith

Mista Bone
03-08-2007, 03:47 AM
Yes, I got aggravated in the beginning (years ago), but I finally learned, this is what he wanted to do, this was his fun, he LOVED this website, so I just let him be. If he wanted to go to someone's house and help them with their car until midnight when he had to get up at 4:30 am the next morning, that was his decision, I didn't complain/bitch, because that is what he wanted to do, that is what made him happy. It brings tears to my eyes how many people want to help ME now, they all say Vinny helped them at some time, in some way, and they want to help him by helping me.

Dunno how to say it, but helping you and Amanda is therapy for us also. It's the least we can do.......and we'll continue as much as we can!

REDHOTGTGIRL
03-08-2007, 09:26 AM
That sounds great, thanks Holly! I'm here to help if you need it, just call me!

VuNiT3
03-08-2007, 09:48 AM
:bigthumb Holly. I love this website how it is. I wouldn't have had a lot of the good times that I had if it wasn't for this website. :D The Stangbangerz have been a part of my life as long as Matt, nothing but good people. ;) Keep up the good work, and thanks Vinny for the extended family that you have given everyone :angel:

Foxxx5oh
03-08-2007, 12:29 PM
its great that nothing is going to change here, out of all the forums im on, this is the most closely knit group out of all of them, hands down, ever...hell, ill bet most churches don't have a message board that has made a family out of hundreds maybe even thousands of people who probably would have never met had it not been for the Vin man and his love for the Mustang and starting this site! we got a great thing going, and i am extremely pleased to be a part of it :)

kennebellcobra
03-08-2007, 12:36 PM
Stangbangerz is NOT going to change at all if we can help it. Everything is going to run the same, with a few small changes to help ME. Matt Williams (Black Hole) will essentially be doing all the stuff Vinny did on a daily basis. He has the know-how, he was already an Administrator (Vinny made him one last year), and he has offered to help with this. The other Administrators will be myself (I am also the owner of SBZ), Ken Bjonnes, and Tim Probst (LR01Cobra). (QUOTE)

I appreciate all the work you all do to keep it up and running. Thanks:bigthumb

MrsAPE
03-09-2007, 12:56 PM
woot!! anything i can do to help..just let me know!
thank you for allowing vinny to be vinny. for sharing him with the rest of us.
Kim

untamed
03-09-2007, 01:57 PM
Thank you Holly. I'm sure you are making Vinny smile.:) It seems to me that you have a little bit of Vinny in you too. You also seem to put others before yourself and your own needs. Keeping this site alive is a great thing you are doing for all of us. YOU ROCK GIRL!!!!!!

OrangeStang04
03-09-2007, 02:01 PM
Holly... I am a member on another forum where there is a "Site-Supporter" member ship that allows the board to run self-sufficient..instead of having one person have to pay out of their pocket for things... I know it is something that Vbulletin offers. If you would like I can get some more information for you. I mean I pay like $10 a year and it is completely optional... and I am sure there are members of this site who would not mind putting their money towards their second home!!

ricmcusa
03-09-2007, 11:25 PM
I used to kick Vinny a percentage of my sales on here. I only sold a few things.10 dollars for every 100.00 I felt like it was only fair. When you sell something on here think about what goes into this site. Nothing is free. Someone has to pay. In my mind I still owe 30.00 bux. It's cheaper than ebay. You get to meet some good peeps. And we all owe him and his family alot.
So pay up suckers.:cool1: So you all know this is just an opinion.

Mista Bone
03-10-2007, 01:17 AM
I used to kick Vinny a percentage of my sales on here. I only sold a few things.10 dollars for every 100.00 I felt like it was only fair. When you sell something on here think about what goes into this site. Nothing is free. Someone has to pay. In my mind I still owe 30.00 bux. It's cheaper than ebay. You get to meet some good peeps. And we all owe him and his family alot.
So pay up suckers.:cool1: So you all know this is just an opinion.

A different website I'm on (lowly Hondas, whatever) I've been pitching in $15-25 for every major tranny overhaul/LSD install I've gotten thru the site. The site has helped me and my reputation as a "tranny guru" I'm glad I'm finally able to give something back.

I really wanna see someone on here rip open a T5/3550 or whatever stang 5 speed, I think I could help with input. Hell I might learn something!