PDA

View Full Version : Wow what a difference

kennebellcobra
03-10-2007, 05:38 PM
I just got back from a long test drive in the stang after reinforcing the torque boxes, welding the cage to the subframe connectors, putting all solid bushing in the rear, and installing offset rack & pinion bushings. Wow, it feels like a different car seems faster, instant response, it hooks in fourth now(might be the added weight of the cage too), no more bump steer, Handles amazing. I think it's ready for Nascar:lol: I hear no more noise or vibration than with the urethane at least not over the 3" dumps. Who says a drag suspension can't handle:HYF: I should have done this a long time ago!

Mavowar
03-10-2007, 09:03 PM
I just got back from a long test drive in the stang after reinforcing the torque boxes, welding the cage to the subframe connectors, putting all solid bushing in the rear, and installing offset rack & pinion bushings. Wow, it feels like a different car seems faster, instant response, it hooks in fourth now(might be the added weight of the cage too), no more bump steer, Handles amazing. I think it's ready for Nascar:lol: I hear no more noise or vibration than with the urethane at least not over the 3" dumps. Who says a drag suspension can't handle:HYF: I should have done this a long time ago!

Sweet!!!

I like cars that can do both. Handle and go strait. It is amazing how much a difference certain mods make. I am a fan of getting the most out of what you got. The better the chassis the more you get out of any given power combo!!!

bobtsgt
03-10-2007, 09:38 PM
awesome. this gives me some insight on how mine is going to handle after I upgrade everything.

kennebellcobra
03-10-2007, 10:57 PM
awesome. this gives me some insight on how mine is going to handle after I upgrade everything.

I've always heard stories about the solid rear cars are noisy and you get bad vibrations. I had a very slight vibration at 90+ and it's almost totaly gone with the solid bushings but I did lesson the pinion angle 1 degree. Just don't get the qa1 struts the worst mod I've ever done for the street, very noisy. I've tried everything to quite them down even put furnco couplings around the strut, rubber washers top and bottom of the spring even used a couple layers of teflon tape around the spacers that go into the cc plates and they still rattle when you hit a bump.