PDA

View Full Version : How can i rid my car of the dreaded squeal once and for all?!?!?!

Stangman
03-11-2007, 10:28 PM
Ok a while back i had my input bearing retainer replaced, new throwout bearing as well, well its been a LONG while with puttin up with it since it started squeakin again... what type of oil/lube can i put on the surface of it to keep the bearing from squeakin??? (it took a lot of thought to get that sentence to not come out gross!!)

Also i just had my gear changed and i was present the whole time during the install so i saw everything, yet when i am at a dead stop and i take off i hear a clunk/thump what in the crap can that be?

The guy that did it for me is VERY experienced in puttin gears/axles/carriers in about every axle ever made and he said the pattern on the gears was probably one of the best patterns he has ever done, and the backlash and lash was absolutly perfect, so i would almost rule out the rearend.

now i only seemed to pay attention to the noise when i was turning a corner at a stop my car, so here is a dumb question... what is the life expectancy on ball joints? cuz everytime i hear this noise it reminds me of balljoint pop...

or could it also be my rear brakes wanting to lock? when i did the brakes all the way around i used all the anti-rattle clips, antisieze, caliper/bolt/pin lube, everywhere that was needed. obviously they had to be taken off to change out the gear, possible that they need to be kind of re-broke in?? (which doesnt sound likely)

any light that can be shed on my situation(s) would be greatly appreciated:bigthumb

Mr.Moontang
03-11-2007, 10:29 PM
Turn the radio up...

Stangman
03-11-2007, 10:33 PM
Turn the radio up...

yup... thats what i usually end up doing...:rolleyes:

ibstrokin
03-11-2007, 11:42 PM
I used to have a auburn pro that was noisy as hell, what type of posi unit do you run?

Stangman
03-11-2007, 11:44 PM
stock carrier, guy said my clutches in the rear were absolutly in perfect shape tho...