PDA

View Full Version : Need help asap with window switch

5.0Greaser
03-12-2007, 06:38 PM
So i have a problem with my power window switch.Its the drivers side switch that has the problem.The window dosent close all the way and its about an inch from closing.It dosent roll down eather.I was told its something to do with the switch.I would like to know if anyone can help me with this.I know nothing when it comes to electrical shit.So if anyone can help let me know.Thanxz.

quik lx
03-12-2007, 08:04 PM
So i have a problem with my power window switch.Its the drivers side switch that has the problem.The window dosent close all the way and its about an inch from closing.It dosent roll down eather.I was told its something to do with the switch.I would like to know if anyone can help me with this.I know nothing when it comes to electrical shit.So if anyone can help let me know.Thanxz.

If it goes up and down but stops short the switch is fine. I would look at the rubber in the tracks to see if it's binding up the window, if not pull the door panel and check out the stops. Then lube the mechanisms.

5.0Greaser
03-12-2007, 08:54 PM
Well it dosent go up or down at all.Im thinking im gonna get another window motor.Ill have to find someone who can maybe help me put it in because i have never done it before.

quik lx
03-12-2007, 10:26 PM
I would pop the door panel off and see if power is going through the switch to the motor both ways before I got a motor (they are expensive and riveted into the door=big pain in the ass!) Also the ground wire could have broke to the motor=no workie!. Where do you live, I got the skillz/tools to troubleshoot it down to the bad part. I even have a spare window motor and power door harness in the garage...I may even have a switch assy? not sure. Let me know. Joe

5.0Greaser
03-12-2007, 10:38 PM
I would pop the door panel off and see if power is going through the switch to the motor both ways before I got a motor (they are expensive and riveted into the door=big pain in the ass!) Also the ground wire could have broke to the motor=no workie!. Where do you live, I got the skillz/tools to troubleshoot it down to the bad part. I even have a spare window motor and power door harness in the garage...I may even have a switch assy? not sure. Let me know. Joe

You have a pm.Thanxz for the help bro.

dedpedal
03-13-2007, 10:44 PM
You have a pm.Thanxz for the help bro.

I might have some stock parts as well. Let me know Joe.

Timido
03-14-2007, 09:51 AM
smack the inside bottom of the door with a rubber mallet while hitting the switch. Do not hit the door pannel or anywhere on the car you could damage it. Alot of times smacking the door gets the motor working for a while at least.

5.0Greaser
03-14-2007, 10:05 AM
Dose anyone have a extra window motor??I would like to get one if any of you have one.