PDA

View Full Version : NO WAY

VuNiT3
03-14-2007, 03:18 PM
Oh Jesus, I just had a one of those "what a fuckin idiot" moments here at work. Monday through Friday I sit behind this desk from 8 AM to 4:30 PM. (I work at Gold's Gym by the way) I see the same people every single day, it is routine. Everyday at this time, a certain member comes in and always has some really unamusing conversation starter, to which I pretend to laugh, and turn around to focus on what I was previously doing. Today, said member comes in (as usual) and says to me, "it's such a nice day, what are you doing here"? I'm thinkin, WTF?? I am obviously sitting here in my work shirt doing exactly what I do everytime this person sees me. I looked and said, "numb nuts, I'm working. You came here on your own free will, I was drug in here kicking and screaming." Seriously, how stupid!

Oh, and here's another good one. The same member came and asked to use the phone. I said sure, and handed it to him. He stood there and stared at the phone like it was his first time seeing one. Finally, he picks it up and starts dialing. He is whispering to himself, "no, that's not it. What is wrong with this phone"? I, annoyed at this point, turn and ask him where he was trying to call. "Home", he said. You have got to be fucking kidding me.
Me: where do you live?
Idiot: Mt. Olivet.
Me: Did you dial the area code?
Idiot: No, what is the area code for out there?
Me: 606, ya jackass.
I don't know about the rest of you, but I had to know my number in kindergarten. :HYF: Possibly, before then.

I'm sorry, but I can't help but tell you guys when this kind of shit happens. LOL

bobtsgt
03-14-2007, 03:43 PM
wow. sounds like you get some real smart customers over there. I'm surprised he didn't ask you to look it up :lol:

Black Horse
03-14-2007, 04:36 PM
Programming numbers in your cell phone and auto dialing has removed the ability of most folks to remeber a simple 10 digit number impossible.

I can still rember girlfriends numbers I dated in High School (centuries ago - when the earth was still cooling).

(Of course the short-term memory is going qquickly......what was I talking about?)

Rob
03-14-2007, 05:10 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Gene
03-14-2007, 06:01 PM
Programming numbers in your cell phone and auto dialing has removed the ability of most folks to remeber a simple 10 digit number impossible.

I can still rember girlfriends numbers I dated in High School (centuries ago - when the earth was still cooling).

Thanks to cell phones, I can tell you the numbers of most of my friends from high school parents' houses, but I can't tell you what their current numbers are.