PDA

View Full Version : Fuel problems

Steves LX
03-15-2007, 01:22 PM
I have noticed that when I am idleing the car runs rich but when I drive it it runs lean. This is a 89 LX 302 w/303Fcam, 75mm TB, 24# injectors C&L MAF,Edelbrock 5.0 performer manifold and intake. I have my fuel pressure at 35 and I have tried it at 40 also and no difference. Its really weird if I idle the car for a while and then pull the plugs there are 1 or 2 that are a chocolate tan or brown but the rest of them are white to a light gray color. Now if I drive it and then pull the plugs they are all white to light gray. Some look like they are still new. They have 400 miles on them. They are motorcraft plugs gapped at .045. Any ideas at what the problem could be. Unfortunately I can not pull codes out of this car with the engine running. My check engine light wiring is no longer there. I have tried it with a voltmeter and as soon as I start the car it idles for a couple of seconds and then the meter sweeps all the way over to the right and the motor revs up real quick and then nothing. I have tried with the clutch in and out and no results. I can pull codes with engine off key on but thats it. So that is not a option on pin pointing my fuel problems