PDA

View Full Version : 95 GT AOD/T-5 swap

ApC
03-15-2007, 10:52 PM
I have a trans and flywheel, but need a bellhousing, pedals, shifter, shifter boot, and driveshaft.

RACEME
03-16-2007, 10:29 AM
What model T-5 do you have? That will make a difference in the bellhausing that you use. If it is a fox version of the t-5, you will need to run a 5/8" spacer on the fox style drive shaft.

ApC
03-16-2007, 09:24 PM
I have a T-5 out of a fox body. I did not know there was a difference in the transmissions, bellhousings, and driveshafts. I figured all of the 5.0 mustangs could take the same parts. I can also get a T-5 from a 1996 6 cyl. I have heard this transmission will fit as well. That it has the same diamater input shaft as the T-5s that came in the 5.0. Do you anything about that? Also, will the driveshaft and pedals from a 1996 6 cyl fit a 1995 GT? Do you have the parts that I need...maybe for the whole conversion including the trans?

RACEME
03-17-2007, 07:38 AM
It is not a huge deal. The input shaft is 5/8" longer on the 94/95 cars, and so it the bell housing. They make a bolt on 5/8" spacer that bolts to the rear end if you switch it all over to fox stuff. If you get a 94/95 bell housing then you just have to get a 94/95 input shaft and put it in the fox trans.

I run a tremec 3550 with a fox style bell housing in my 95 GT. I had a custom driveshaft made for me. They just took a fox one and modified it to be 5/8" longer. This whole mess actually moves the shifter that 5/8" closer to the dash. You won't really notice it if you run a short throw type shifter.

You can PM me with any questions, or check out stangnet and the corral. They both have 94/95 specific sections

Tim

RACEME
03-17-2007, 07:40 AM
I have a T-5 out of a fox body. I did not know there was a difference in the transmissions, bellhousings, and driveshafts. I figured all of the 5.0 mustangs could take the same parts. I can also get a T-5 from a 1996 6 cyl. I have heard this transmission will fit as well. That it has the same diamater input shaft as the T-5s that came in the 5.0. Do you anything about that? Also, will the driveshaft and pedals from a 1996 6 cyl fit a 1995 GT? Do you have the parts that I need...maybe for the whole conversion including the trans?

I have never messed with a 96 trans. You will have to measure it and compare it to the fox one you have.