PDA

View Full Version : ARRGH!!!!! Fuggin low rent insurance companies.

Ranger50
03-16-2007, 12:08 PM
As some may remember back in January, we had a car fire which totalled out our vehicle.

So we waited for all the dust to settle and get "the offer".... Open up the letter, WHAT THE FUCK! 2 GRAND below a reasonable book value. I know it as a bunch of miles on it, but not that the body or drivetrain show it readily. Sure it could stand a wash and wax. But comeon it's a DD with a bunch of miles on it and fugg that idea of buffing that bitch back to better then new for 8hrs for a week of visual "enjoyment".

So anyway....Fire off some letters back and forth arguing all this horseshit of "market value" (which essentially means screw the policyholder since it's paid for.). They have their number, I have a number, both several thousands of dollars off, which is all based on how the insurance company "computes" the "value". Then they want some recent "pre-accident" pictures... Uhhhh OK. Like we have super duper recent pictures of a 7 yr old car with a bunch of miles on it... WTF!?!?! So we scour three computers and fine ONE picture that may have been taken in the last year. So, we fire off another letter and this one picture and reiterating we already have sent off our comparable or "market value" cars, blah, blah, blah.

Then today we get another letter back. They say take our initial offer or else kind of tone to the letter. I really think they still think we had a plan to burn this car at a place with video cameras in plain sight to collect some insurance money. We also have everyone involved from the fire dept to anyone that saw the fire, conned and in our pocket to say the same thing......

I don't get it...Maybe I'm not supposed to. :confused: But as far as I'm concerned, this national company is not on your side in any circumstance.

Brian

jared
03-16-2007, 12:12 PM
must be all-state......they are crewing many customers in hopes they will cancell their poilcy with them. i had an actual allstate employee tell me that. it happened to her and she worked there. :(

Ranger50
03-16-2007, 12:24 PM
Nope not Allstate. When I previously had Allstate, they were the bestest bunch I ever dealt with.

jared
03-16-2007, 12:36 PM
ahhhhh nationwide.

i left them last year...went back to state farm.

Paul408Notch
03-16-2007, 01:42 PM
Yeah, the only thing they'll budge on in my experience is how much money they'll give you for modifications. Like if you can provide receipts for recent stereo upgrades, or tires, or brakes, or suspension work. Other than that, they pretty much shove it on in without any lube.

Ranger50
03-16-2007, 02:12 PM
I wish Paul. They have said point blank, if it wasn't original, FUCK YOU. Not in those EXACT words, but that tone.

You would think for the $4000 a year that is spent for insurance, you could get back some of that back in good faith and not an assraping.

I think we are going to goto arbitration next, along with a letter to the insurance commissioner. Like I already said, I believe they think we did it intentionally and they can get by with what they have already offered.

Timido
03-16-2007, 02:16 PM
I would consult a laywer before the arbitration then if it doenst get settled there tell them you are going to have your lawyer represnt you

jared
03-16-2007, 02:19 PM
I would consult a laywer before the arbitration then if it doenst get settled there tell them you are going to have your lawyer represnt you

:bigthumb

jrmylmach1
03-17-2007, 07:17 AM
Wow!!! 4000 a year in insurance?!?! :eek: :eek: I thought I had it bad but I guess not. The two cars I insure are only running me about 1000 a year total.

beefcake
03-20-2007, 10:29 AM
get me the vin# and miles and i will let you know what our nada system says it's worth

Ranger50
03-20-2007, 12:36 PM
Beef,

The online NADA and the our bank's NADA both say the same thing, $7450. That's leather, sun/moonroof, power doors, etc, with 169k on a 2000 Monte Carlo SS. The only option not on it, is OnStar.

And yes, 4k/year for FULL coverage on two vehicles. Dropping collision and comp might net a savings of 600/yr. Just not worth it. Uninsured motorist coverage along with property damage is STUPID money. On my F250, it's DOUBLE what my collision is on my vehicle and it's TEN YEARS old.

I'm just really miffed at the fact that they are doing a things that don't make any sense. They are doing a double deduction on condition/mileage on vehicles they can't/don't see to "value" a vehicle they haven't seen. I mean an "adjuster" came out but it was really just to make sure it was what it was. He never said anything about that he was going to say the kind of condition the car was in. Then the value is on "market value" with a sort of "published" value sheet they have. I never knew you could subtract a "hard number" from a "floating value". :confused:

Brian

Black Hole
03-20-2007, 01:36 PM
WOW.....

I've always been with State Farm and while they're not the cheapest, they've always done me good.

My wife had Progressive until just before we got married. She had a flawless record....no tickets, no at-fault accidents, no claims. Anyways, she finally had her first at-fault accident....wasn't cited, no other vehicles involved, etc... Her rates DOUBLED after using them for the past 9 years!!!!!!!

BigBadStang
03-20-2007, 02:36 PM
i absolutely despise insurance companies (ironic...my wife is an insurance agent)! they have us all by the balls and they know you have to have coverage so they do as they please. if you are 30 seconds late on a payment, they cancel your policy, but when those c*cksuckers owe you for a claim, its non stop bull$hit, and hassels, and they pay when THEY are damn good and ready...i start to get pissed off just typing this!!

H82WRK
03-27-2007, 07:05 PM
Read your policy, if you have the appraisal cause, invoke it. Or if what you feel is correct, back your findings with local sales that show cars with the same mileage features etc. selling for the price you are trying to get.

Liability insurance is always going to be more on a 250 Ford, think about it, if you hit someone you are more likely going to total their vehicle or hurt them, it's a big vehicle. Joe's Dad's insurance on his H1 was crazy expensive for that very reason.

Never good to get into a heated arguement, don't let it eat you up, find some facts lay it out appropriately and if you are still feeling like you are not being heard call and talk to a supervisor or make a DOI complaint.