PDA

View Full Version : 12' alpine type r's

Lexstang
03-17-2007, 11:01 PM
I've been looking at speakers some more and have been trying to find something that had decent sound for a reasonable price. Something that adds a little bump that the average person wont look at and go, "That's cheap crap." or be automatically derogitory. I saw the 12" alpine type r's at best buy for like 155 each. That is way better than crutchfield but not sure if somewhere else could beat it. However, what amp would you recomend. Better to go with 2 smaller or one bigger? I think they have 500 rms watts each with a peak of 1500 watts each. That sounds pretty impressive for a reasonable price. Any recomendations?

Since jl audio doesn't put any prices online because they refuse to allow anyone to retail online, can you get anything comparable from them? I figure they are probably A LOT more if they have anything like that, but figured its worth asking.

Lastly where in the heck would a person go it get custom neon created? I want to do a tribar pony between the subs in a rear seat delete. Heck neon signs are becoming more and more rare and any sign places ive seen are paint and vinyl not neon.

5.0calypso93lx
03-19-2007, 08:33 PM
I have a 12" alpine type r sub for sale. Looking to get $80 out of it, works awesome. Also have a nice Alpine MRV-T757 750 rms watt amp to go with it that I would like to get $175 for. It also has a built in fan. Had them both in the mustang, it sounded killer!

Strkdblwn347
03-19-2007, 08:41 PM
Try calling Xtreme sound on Queen City ask for Tom. He will be able to steer you in the right direction for a subwoofer and custom neon. great people.

mach_u
03-19-2007, 09:04 PM
I had two 12" Alpine Type R's and they sounded awesome! I had them set into a rear seat delete and they just ended up being two damn loud for me and I went with 2 10" Alpines in the trunk instead.

5.0calypso93lx
03-19-2007, 09:13 PM
I had two 12" Alpine Type R's and they sounded awesome! I had them set into a rear seat delete and they just ended up being two damn loud for me and I went with 2 10" Alpines in the trunk instead.

LOL, I thought the 1 was too much!! :lol:

Lexstang
03-20-2007, 09:58 PM
Sorry I don't have money to buy right now. I've got to pay my 60 gallon air compressor off first. Unfortunately, I never thought to check the 220 outlet I was planning on using and the damn thing doesn't have any power. Actually it doesn't have any wires in it. Only working outlet would be the dryer way furthur away. I've got to figure out why this 45 year old house has an unwired outlet.

What or where is queen city? I don't mind dealing with someone out of town but I live in lexington ky. I only know about cinci from delivering up there a little.

Mach, what were you powering them with? Like a mentioned. The subs seem like a super bang for the buck, so it would really kick ass if I could find a similiar option for the amp.

Sharad
03-20-2007, 10:47 PM
the alpines are decent subs. JL audio W1s are in that price range. I prefer one amp over two.

mach_u
03-21-2007, 07:46 AM
Mach, what were you powering them with?
I was powering them with two MTX 500Watt amps. There was no real reason I went with two over one - just I got a really got deal on the two.

PKFIRE
03-21-2007, 03:19 PM
I use to switch subs like flashlight batteries. I still have my Type R ten. I prefer it over the Kenwood Excelon 10" and Alpine Type E 10" I replaced it with. They work well in sealed enclosures. You won't be disappointed. BTW Check out Partsexpress.com. They have SoundStream SPLs for cheep. Also Check out the Pioneer Subs. You don't need to pay a ton for good subs.