PDA

View Full Version : just a few of the same old questions

rogers
03-18-2007, 09:32 PM
well let's revisit some of the oldest questions around the mustang world

my car is a 04gt spd with a replacement k&n and 2 1/2 flowmasters cut into the stock mufflers spots last year i managed to run 14.20 at almost 97 mph with a 1.9018 60' and well after much time and big lacks of money i'm going to throw a few more parts at it i made a total of 15 runs in that form at tri-state and e2o and the same results its pretty consistant.
well as most of you know the ffw is in baytown (houston) texas in the start of may and we are going and i want to shop while there.

so a. 4.10's i'm going to go ahead and get em put in soon. and just use a adjuster for now the supercharger kits i have checked on come with a sct
b. what short throw do most of you like the best (i'm leannin toward husrt)
c. what about x-pipes bbk??? or has anyone tried the pipes x-pipe it is like half the price
d. i have seen much debate about intakes the hps, and prof products, and p51, but i just like the look of the bullitt so i may just go that route and put some cams on before i buy a blower. but that won't be till later this year.

any input would be apprecitated:bigthumb

331TwistedWedge
03-18-2007, 10:13 PM
traction would be my first concern ... your running 14.20's at 97 mph ... 97 mph should get you 13.70's ... so get you some stickies and gain a half a second, best bang for the buck right there ...

4.10 gears - you cant go wrong ... next best bang for the buck ... do the little things first ........

bobtsgt
03-19-2007, 08:14 AM
4.10s would be a great choice
I have a Steeda and its nice but a MGW to me is a lot nicer for the throws
An X pipe will give a lil more up top and give a higher pitch in the exhaust note
From all my research online and in books the P51 has been proven again and again. the profesional products one is junk and nobody has really tested the Hardball yet. The bullitt intake is also proven as long as the price is right.

hope this helps ya

mach_u
03-19-2007, 08:37 AM
4.10 is a great gear - can't go wrong but I definitely wouldn't run any less. I run the Steeda Tri-Ax and like it but I have heard nothing but good things about the MGW shifter and I were to do it again that's what I would get(it also looks like it is built a lot better!).
I have had bassani, hooker and magnaflow x-pipes and the magnaflow pipe was probably my favorite. It was a great fit and a quality piece with a good sound. Don't know much about 2V intakes so I can't help you there. Good luck with the project! :bigthumb

black90lx
03-19-2007, 08:50 AM
in my 2000 gt with only flows and a k&n i went a 13.78 at 98mph with a 1.87 60 ft on street tires. i have a steeda tri-ax and it is the best shifter i have felt

92BlackStang
03-19-2007, 02:02 PM
in my 2000 gt with only flows and a k&n i went a 13.78 at 98mph with a 1.87 60 ft on street tires. i have a steeda tri-ax and it is the best shifter i have felt
Thats bc u bought it from me ... Getsome

rogers
03-19-2007, 09:00 PM
traction would be my first concern ... your running 14.20's at 97 mph ... 97 mph should get you 13.70's ... so get you some stickies and gain a half a second, best bang for the buck right there ...

4.10 gears - you cant go wrong ... next best bang for the buck ... do the little things first ........

i have all 15 of my time slips and the 5th pass was on street tires it was late oct 2005 and i ran 14.20 w a 2.0 60' at almost 97 mph (at tri-state)
the last pass was on a set of 10.5 m/t et streets on 11psi and a 1.9018 60' leaving above 4500 rpm never lifting to shift (the car left real hard) and running almost 96mph (orangestang04 was there he got into the 13's and i thought for sure i had done the same with that pass but i didn't) anyways... that was last june ish... (at tri-state) i ran 5 passes each time out 10 total at tri-state and 5 at e20 and every pass is real comparable. (within a tenth or so and 1mph) i didn't get upset till i saw the new hertz shelby in the mag going 13.70's at 97mph???? wtf:confused: i know i can't compare them much but my car is lighter??? and it out horses me by 60 or so??? i have raced a few stangs and imports down here light to light and beat em on the street but.. i don't know... i figured its quicker. i'm just going to start on a few small things till the warranty is up. and i don't really want to keep pushing on the same combination (basically stock :lol: :lol: :lol: )

and come to think of it the 10.5 were on 15 x 7 american racing rims and i think that the tires were a little ballooned thats why i had to run them so low because they were spining just a bit with more pressure

thoughts comments...????

Daddy2000gt
03-25-2007, 07:39 PM
4.10's are a great choice, you'll love em. If running quicker at the strip is what your after, get a nice set of drag radials and a set of upper and lower control arms and yank the quads, should get your 60' to where you want it. getting the 60' down is HUGE for getting your times down. For a mid pipe I love my Bassani X, perfect fit and awesome quality. For a shifter I am very happy with my tri-ax, not the cheapest but they are awesome. The bullit intake is a beautiful piece but once you add the intake cost to the other goodies required for install it is a very expensive upgrade, if you are going S/C soon it'd be a waste of dough IMHO.
Just my $.02. (that'd be worth "aboot" $0.018 USD)

heehee!!

rogers
03-26-2007, 06:36 PM
the 4.10's are for sure i even found a mustang specialty shop here with a in house dyno and so forth. after i all my stuff together i'm just going to do it and then take it to get tuned. at this point almost any short throw would be nice :lol: but i got about 3 more weeks and i'll be starting on these mods for now (the in laws say we can stay as long as we like but i don't want to move again till june) so i'm stashing a little money away for the week they are gone to do the work. :lol:

rogers
04-06-2007, 04:05 PM
well i got a steeda tri-ax shifter last weds and put it in today after work shhh...:lol: but OMG what a difference i f-n love it i also picked up a bullitt fuel door while i was at ford picking up a window switch assy. for my explorer which may not be much but it breaks up the orange nicely. we'll probably be moving at the end of the month to our own house just a neighborhood away at the start of next month. so i woun't be able to get my gears in until late june or july. think i may buy cams too before i get it tuned :rolleyes: and just upgrade to 31 spines also but i want to make the best of the dyno time
:lol: anyways the car is much more fun to drive now though i don't drive it much. money well spent.:bigthumb

Black Hole
04-06-2007, 04:18 PM
I have a bassani X with cats sitting in my garage if you're interested....

pics are in the for sale ad posted in the classified exhaust forum. ;)

rogers
04-11-2007, 05:01 PM
hey man thanks let me check with my wife we are getting house on the 1st and we are in texas now :lol: and i sold most of my things in ohio so now we got to refurnish a whole house from scratch i'll let you now

Blackout
04-12-2007, 03:30 PM
I never had any luck with bigger than a 3:73, but I have always ran a supercharger. I am always afraid of running out gears. Also great gear for highwy use.