PDA

View Full Version : driveway and garage door services needed, tree removal

bobtsgt
03-19-2007, 02:09 PM
anybody work for any garage door places and driveway places? We are looking to get our old concrete driveway torn out and replaced. Need someone to tear out the old, haul it off and repour a new drive.

Also need someone with the hook up on garage doors and door openers.

Also looking to get some trees taken down and stumps removed. Need to have them chopped down, hauled off and stumps pulled.

Let me know if anybody out there is interested or knows of someone. Thanks.

'92Stang
03-19-2007, 02:59 PM
Hey Bob, Give my buddy Tim a call for your garage door. 284-4104., I use to do concrete on the side, but don't have any way to haul the old concrete away. As far as the stumps go, get the trees out of the way. We'll spend an afternoon on the bobcat ripping up yer yard....er i mean stumps. lol, Mike

ffmueller81
03-19-2007, 03:15 PM
Bobby, what kind of trees are they?? If you have a service drop the trees, I can haul the wood away if is burnable in a fireplace.

Mr.Moontang
03-19-2007, 03:34 PM
Bob I got you covered on the Garage doors and the openers!!!!

needastang
03-19-2007, 04:09 PM
How big are the trees?

cobrajoe
03-19-2007, 04:27 PM
anybody work for any garage door places and driveway places? We are looking to get our old concrete driveway torn out and replaced. Need someone to tear out the old, haul it off and repour a new driveway

Hey what is going on with your old one? If it's just spalling and flaking and not many major cracks may be able to resurface it for you and possibly make it look completely different. I do decorative concrete on the side, wish I did more so I could quit my REAL job.:rolleyes: Probabaly save you some money if it can be resurfaced.

'92Stang
03-19-2007, 06:21 PM
Hey Bob, Whoever cut's the tree's, make sure they leave at least 3ft. of tree stump. It makes it easier to get roots and all in one shot with the cat., Mike

ihave1sweetride
03-19-2007, 06:40 PM
Bobby, what kind of trees are they?? If you have a service drop the trees, I can haul the wood away if is burnable in a fireplace.

3 pine trees... i don't know if they are any good for burning?

ihave1sweetride
03-19-2007, 06:42 PM
Hey what is going on with your old one? If it's just spalling and flaking and not many major cracks may be able to resurface it for you and possibly make it look completely different. I do decorative concrete on the side, wish I did more so I could quit my REAL job.:rolleyes: Probabaly save you some money if it can be resurfaced.

Driveway is a mess.... it's got major cracks, they are 3-4 inches up in places... i really needs to be replaced, plus we need to widen it about 6-10 inches.

ibstrokin
03-19-2007, 07:09 PM
pm Mark,93hulk, him and his bro do concrete for a living.

'92Stang
03-19-2007, 07:13 PM
3 pine trees... i don't know if they are any good for burning?

How tall roughly?? Could they be cut up, and hauled out on a 16 ft. bobcat trailer(minus the bobcat), mike

bobtsgt
03-19-2007, 09:11 PM
we can always cut then up. I think they are about 20+ feet tall and there are 3 of them that need to go.

'92Stang
03-19-2007, 10:26 PM
Cool, I'll bring the saw, and Bobcat. Need it to dry out a little. Unless ya want 12" ruts from the cat:D

Dirtyd0g
03-20-2007, 01:14 AM
I have a good buddy who would likely haul the concrete away for you reasonably.
Alan

bobtsgt
03-20-2007, 08:12 AM
Cool, I'll bring the saw, and Bobcat. Need it to dry out a little. Unless ya want 12" ruts from the cat:D
that will work. were in no rush so mabey when a nice weekend comes around where it hasn't rained 5 days prior we can set something up. I don't think Angie would like the ruts from that bad boy :lol:

I have a good buddy who would likely haul the concrete away for you reasonably.
Alan
Thanks for the offer Alan. We are looking for someone who can do it all though.

Mr.Moontang
03-20-2007, 08:41 AM
Hey Bob Sherry's brother does concrete work give her a buzz.

bobtsgt
03-20-2007, 08:53 AM
just PMd her thanks

mach_u
03-20-2007, 09:07 AM
You might want to PM Mark (DSSKING) - I believe he knows a few things about garage doors! :bigthumb

ihave1sweetride
03-20-2007, 09:51 AM

That would be cool MIke. i don't think i want the ruts in the yard...

Anyone that wants to come help with all this stuff i'm provide pizza and beer :) We also have to finish the chain link fence in the back yard..

mach_u
03-20-2007, 10:26 AM
I'd be down for helping! Just let me know. ;)

glassman
03-20-2007, 01:14 PM
Just rent a stump grinder from arts or ez by hooters. It won't leave big ruts and its a lot faster. You could price a roll of dumpster to put the trees and concrete in.Then just Bobcat the drive and load it up.

bobtsgt
03-20-2007, 01:39 PM
well our grass isn't exactly the nicest and we have some bushes we also have to tear up so as long as the ground it hard it shouldn't hurt the yard that much. Plus we thought about the dumpster idea but we really don't want to get one. We would rather have somebody bring a truck in and take it all away. We are trying to do this as lease expensive but smart at the same time. Plus there are tons of other projects that we have planned anyways. Thanks for the thoughts though.

'92Stang
03-20-2007, 01:48 PM
Just rent a stump grinder from arts or ez by hooters. It won't leave big ruts and its a lot faster. You could price a roll of dumpster to put the trees and concrete in.Then just Bobcat the drive and load it up.

Stump grinders work great. But, if the tree has a fairly good sized root system they become a problem with constant resurfacing. As long as it's somewhat dry, and i take the tracks off zero ruts. As far as the grinder being faster, I accept the challenge:bigthumb , Mike

bobtsgt
03-20-2007, 02:01 PM
Stump grinders work great. But, if the tree has a fairly good sized root system they become a problem with constant resurfacing. As long as it's somewhat dry, and i take the tracks off zero ruts. As far as the grinder being faster, I accept the challenge:bigthumb , Mike

haha a challenge it will be :lol: Let me know when you might want to start tackeling this thing Mike. I'm gone this weekend for work and I know you work weird hours and days. Mabey we can take a nice day and cut everything then pull the stumps another. Also let me know how much ya want to do all this.

'92Stang
03-20-2007, 03:55 PM
I have to get a load of hay this afternoon in Bethel. If i get back early enough i might swing by and take a look at the tree's tonight. (if ya don't have any plans), Mike

bobtsgt
03-20-2007, 03:59 PM
I have to get a load of hay this afternoon in Bethel. If i get back early enough i might swing by and take a look at the tree's tonight. (if ya don't have any plans), Mike

We are actually going over to a friends house that just had a baby. You can stop by whenever and see them. Or come over after I get home which should be around 7-8ish. Its the 2 pines on the side of the house, 1 pine in the backyard, 1 stump infront of the wooden fence facing judd plus some bushes in the back and a little garden type area that needs to go.

'92Stang
03-24-2007, 06:32 PM
We are actually going over to a friends house that just had a baby. You can stop by whenever and see them. Or come over after I get home which should be around 7-8ish. Its the 2 pines on the side of the house, 1 pine in the backyard, 1 stump infront of the wooden fence facing judd plus some bushes in the back and a little garden type area that needs to go.

Hey Bob, Just stopped by to check out the trees an hour ,or so ago. Doesn't look like it'll be a problem. Give me a shout when you get back in town. ,Mike

DSSKing68
03-26-2007, 06:29 AM
You might want to PM Mark (DSSKING) - I believe he knows a few things about garage doors! :bigthumb

I would gladly install them for ya! When are we doing yours AJ?

mach_u
03-26-2007, 08:13 AM
I would gladly install them for ya! When are we doing yours AJ?
As soon as I can get this damn basement finished... :( I'll shoot you through a PM in the next few week and get with ya! :bigthumb