PDA

View Full Version : Oh sure 3-4 hrs tops, he says

Demonracer
03-19-2007, 04:07 PM
First off big thanks to the FOMF crew Doug, John, Doug and Don for helping switch over my t-7 to a tremec. First we realized that you have to remove the drive shaft loop to pull the transmission, so out come the seats to get to the bolts. Taking apart the interior to change a trans is bullshit. But someone could have said that installing a steel bellhousing was a major bitch. First the bolts for the bellhousing were not the same as the old one. We had to modify/ grind shorter several so they would work and reaching around it was a big pain in the ass. So up goes the trans and wouldn't you know the cross member doesn't line up. So after a little grinder massage we get the cross member in. On goes the loop and the driveshaft, fill with fluid, Check. Then trying to get the x-pipe back on around the larger bellhousing was alot of fun. Or maybe it was the G-load brace (aka. Nascar bar thanks John) so we remove that and finally get the pipe back on after 10 damn tries . So its time to start the car and see if the trans will work. Start car and place trans in gear oh wait it won't go in gear damnit the clutch isn't disengaging. OK lets shim the cable since my lazy ass hasn't installed the adjustable one yet. Now the clutch fork is hitting on the bellhousing before it releases the clutch. Oh I guess that bend in the clutch fork wasn't supposed to be there? We now have been working on it for 11 hours, screw it will deal with it tommorrow. Again big thanks to the guys for all the help and thanks for the ride home Doug I owe you one.

plated
03-19-2007, 04:19 PM
u need a extended clutch fork with a aftermarket bellhousing.

Blacksunshine
03-20-2007, 08:38 PM
And don't forget the the clutch can't be shit.... I think it is !!

Blacksunshine
03-20-2007, 10:18 PM
The trans is out again for the 4th time this week....... I learned alot this week.. Cars suck...lol

Blacksunshine
03-20-2007, 11:56 PM
Oh Jeff I forgot, I hate your car....lol Don't worry dude we will get it..

Demonracer
03-21-2007, 01:59 PM
You would have thought that when I bought this setup the person would have given me the correct clutch fork.

Blacksunshine
03-21-2007, 11:29 PM
You would have thought that when I bought this setup the person would have given me the correct clutch fork.
Well Jeff, I learned alot about Transmissions this week,( More than I wanted too) and I can honestly say, Before i BOUGHT ANYTHING USED LIKE THIS, I WOULD TEST THE CAR IT'S IN... Lesson learned..... You just never know...SHit happens.....
PS . I still hate your car....:bigthumb

Blacksunshine
03-22-2007, 09:58 PM
Jeff, I think we are done dude..... Call me..Friday.. The T 5 must go back in ! This setup is is wrong..... and we came to the conclusion last night that you got hosed...... This tremec / clutch should be used as a paper weight from this point !! It's all out again and the T 5 is going back in Friday night.....:mad: :mad: We have installed way too many of these and have never had any issues with any of them..( Stick Shifts) with the exception of this P.O.S.
:flipoff: :mad: to the previous car this crap came from.

quik lx
03-22-2007, 10:27 PM
I agree...something is not right with that set-up. I hate your car too and John stinks more than any man alive.....stop with the Mexican and have a salad for christ sakes:fart: :flipoff:

slvr87cpe
03-23-2007, 12:38 PM
i dont belive there is anything wrong with the tranny it is all in the bellhousing and fork set-up need to get the right fork and it will work I think it will be a waste of time to put the t-5 back in ...just call Chris (plated)because didnt this set-up originally came out of his car??and see who the bellhousing is made by and contact them :bigthumb :bigthumb

Blacksunshine
03-23-2007, 06:26 PM
I agree...something is not right with that set-up. I hate your car too and John stinks more than any man alive.....stop with the Mexican and have a salad for christ sakes:fart: :flipoff:
No More Mexican food? I think not Joe. My ass powers..I must share them with the world..... !!
Salads are for candy asses.